Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims expansion was your favourite?

Out of all the expansions for ALL of the Sims games which was your favourite?

(bearing in mind I was 11/12 when I got this one) I loved The Sims 2 Nightlife just because of the amount of stuff that one added. Me and my school friend both had it and we would often go round to each others houses just to play Sims. We used to love playing as a vampire and would always try and find one to bite our sims. Cars were also introduced and I loved the dance tiles and sphere thing that would spin when your sim was inside? Ah it was so good.

I also loved The Sims 3 Island Paradise because it was so different and the world was beautiful. I'm also a huge fan of snorkelling in real life and so I thought it was amazing when this was added to the game.

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    TS3 Supernatural is my dream pack in all eternity. I never get enough of this.
  • MerwhosMerwhos Posts: 46 Member
    TS3 late night is a favourite of mine, mainly because of the vampires
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    In the past it was always Pets and Seasons because my sim self family could do the things my actual family did. My daughter could make the snowmen she would make each year. Pets so I could add the pets that we used to have. If we ever do get pets, I hope we could have all the right traits to make my cat Trouble. Man he was a picky little thing and real handful, but man do I miss that cat!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    The Sims Unleashed was the first expansion I ever owned. then Superstar & Vacation, three of my favorites because they bring back so many fun memories of playing.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Ts1: hot date
    Ts2: bon voyage or pets
    Ts3: university or showtime
    Ts4: get to work...so far?
    All time fave is probably any university or any EP that they travel as they always are nice short breaks from the rest of the game.
  • IdeasforsimsIdeasforsims Posts: 116 Member
    Sims 3 University was my absolute favourite and I also loved pets, seasons and island paradise. My favourite Sims 4 at the moment is city living
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    The Sims 1, Making Magic. That EP truly was...well, magical. The magic system they threw together im Sims 2 didn't even come close to the sheer variety, complexity, or whimsy of that EP. Adults and kids had separate spellbooks with different spells. You got I'm trouble for casting your spells in front of non-Magical Sims. Some of the ingredients for spells were really hard to obtain, and you had to either trade for them or do quests. And there was a while second money system. Some ingredients could only be bought with special magic coins, not simoleans.

And then there was the amusement park theme, with some items having more of a circus feel and others having a horror house feel. And there were roller coaster rides you could send your Sims on!

You also got a new baking ability in this EP, where there hadn't been one previously. There was a special recipe book for baked goods and nectars. And new objects to make some of the necessary ingredients, like churn butter or or press nectar. I think there was even a way to get or make your own honey...

*sigh* The nostalgia is real. It's been my favorite expansion ever since it came out, and as excites as I was for things like seasons in Sims 2, nothing has ever yet managed to top the sheer wonder ans hours upon hours of fun I had with Makin' Magic.
  • HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    For TS1 it was Vacations, the closest thing to Seasons. I still love that you could stay on Vacation Island perpetually forever... as long as you could afford it of course. I just loaded the game today on Windows 10 and rediscovered all the Xmas items I downloaded, stuff like animated twinkling lights and an interactable Santa Claus.

As an aside, speaking to the series as a whole, I love that all the community lots were always populated with lots of Sims.
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    For me, The Sims 2: FreeTime was my favourite expansion pack from the entire series. I loved that my Sims had something to do in their spare time that meant something rather than just filling needs and possibly levelling up skills.
    Other EPs that I liked were University, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life (Sims 2), Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future (Sims 3), and for The Sims 4, they're all good so far.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited December 2017
    TS3 Seasons, Generations & Island Paradise!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Easy, TS1 Superstar :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • DazedxKittyDazedxKitty Posts: 19 New Member
    Always TS2 Seasons for me. :smiley:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hard choice, but as much as I loved Open for Business of all the packs in any series, I will have to say Makin' Magic. I loved the music, the Magic Town, the graphics, the aura, the duels, the magic tricks, the crazy characters, the ambience, the objects you can use at home, like butter churn to make butter to trade for golden thread, lol, and everything that came in that pack. My grandmother had a lot of those things in that pack so it was a lot of fun to use those objects and then trade those things with the vampire or others in Magic Town to get the ingredients I needed for other things. It has to be one of of the best packs ever. Who doesn't want to turn their enemy into a frog. :p

And the rides were hilarious.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    TS3 Seasons is my everything
  • HoneyF00F00HoneyF00F00 Posts: 24 Member
    TS4 Pets is my so far what would you guys like the next one to be?
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    TS1: Superstar
  • cloor31cloor31 Posts: 6 New Member
    TS2 Open for Business all the way!
  • HoneyF00F00HoneyF00F00 Posts: 24 Member
    yes all of the sims 2 and 3 are fun I never played the first one :)
  • simgumdropsimgumdrop Posts: 77 Member
    TS1: Unleashed because of the additional lots
    TS2: Oh, it's a tie between Open For Business (because I loved having my own working stores) and Seasons
    TS3: Seasons because I love weather in my game
    TS4: just bought this game and do not have any expansions yet
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    TS1: Makin Magic

TS2: Seasons

TS3: Late Night

TS4: I have the base game and Get To Work, and I haven't even played the EP yet.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited January 2018
    TS1: Superstar, I think. All I can remember from that time is constantly striving to be a star. lol I never did make it. I think Makin' Magic was fun due to all the items added in-game.

TS2: Of all the EP's, I'd say Bon Voyage. In almost every game I played, I consistently tried to get as many of the vacation memento badge thingies for each sim as I could. I can't tell you the hours I spent waiting for that stupid ninja to collect the "travel like a ninja" badge. :D And meeting a furry friend (Big Foot), singing with the ghost pirate, etc. So. Much. Fun!

TS3: Probably World Adventures, but I also loved Island Paradiso, too. Houseboats <3

TS4: So far, I'd say Get to Work, but a close second would be Cats & Dogs. Brindleton Bay <3

Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    It's a tie between Makin' Magic and Vacation. Loved the magic aspect, but I also loved taking vacations :D
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Sims 3 Generation
    [
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    TS1 - Super Star
    TS2 - Seasons
    TS3 - (This is hard lol) Seasons (though Generations and Ambitions are close behind it)
    TS4 - City Living
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Hunter_CottoneyeHunter_Cottoneye Posts: 48 Member
    The Sims 1 - Hot Date
    The Sims 2 - Seasons
    The Sims 3 - World Adventures
    The Sims 4 - Get to Work