Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I know on my entry I am about $6000. under budget and that I could make my library more upscale but to be honest... i'm afraid if I go back and change things then try and put those changes here... that i'll totally make a mess of everything... don't want to Rock-the-Boat. lol ...otherwise i'd like to say.... Oh My Goodness... this was fun... and seeing the entries are remarkable too... I love this... I know I don't really have a chance at winning but I figure that... one day... when I develop more experience... I will have that chance! Thank You everyone for all the help you've shown me ... and... Good Luck to All !!

Glad you have had fun @maryjane2joe - that is the idea here at Build n Share!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    StangMix2 wrote: »
    StangMix2 wrote: »
    Question: My account on Origin named stangmix2 (same as here) was deleted trying to merge two Origin accounts... They deleted the active one instead of the one I didn't use. So from now on my ID on the gallery will just be StangMix as that was the old accounts name. I can't access my gallery on stangmix2, so should I update my latest entry form for the winter showdown and re-upload or just leave it as it is?
    @StangMix2 Up to you sweetie pie, as long as we can access the build it's all good.

I just tried to search stangmix2 and no results came up so I guess I have to re-upload. I hope I can do it later today, but my youngest has a gym class so I'm not sure I have time. I do have tomorrow off work, so plenty of time there, will that be soon enough?

As long as you get the build up before the deadline you are good to go @StangMix2
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    CHALLENGE #86: A Library for Newcrest
    FORUM ID: Xraygrl2004
    ORIGIN ID: Xraygrl2004
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0690C403FBEB11E787EDFF489789EE4B
    LOT COST: Previously Purchased by Newcrest Town Council
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: $99,997
    TOTAL COST: $99,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ZkkoL

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A - No CC
    w0sjjjx.png
    nsUbZDo.png
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    edited January 2018
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BnS85 - WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN[/url]

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BnS85 - WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN[/url]

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

One of your best builds I ever saw. Great job
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Very Cool Libraries!!!

FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL:\ Expert
    LOT: Newcrest Public Library
    LOT COST: N/A
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run
    BUILD COST: 97828
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Newcrest Public Library
    ENTRY DETAILS: I originally had stairs going to the second floor but then redid the whole front and thereby had to redo the whole interior. I gave it a complete cafe setup as it's what the larger bookstores all have around where I live. It also has a play area inside and a playground outside as well as a conference/meeting/class room on the second floor.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:5v4KwK0.png5CMOIHk.png
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member

FORUM ID: linday
    ORIGIN ID: iamlinday
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Sandy Run
    LOT COST: n/a
    LOT NAME: No Dusty Tomes library
    BUILD COST: §97 550
    TOTAL COST: n/a
    GALLERY: Gallery link
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album link

ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted the library to have more of a community center feel, where your sims could come together and take various courses, or just practise their skills, be it writing, painting or piano. So in addition to the requirements in the brief, this lot also has an art studio, a game room and a band practise room with various instruments and a microphone. The librarian is also very eager when it comes to making food, so if you're lucky, she'll whip you up a snack, even if you didn't ask for it. The lot is also basegame only.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    25905297388_dcd6036d5b_z.jpg
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    FORUM ID: withlovejulien
    ORIGIN ID: withlovejulien
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/704AE0ABFDC511E789F02979BDEA37E6
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run
    BUILD COST: $99,678
    TOTAL COST: $99,678
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/uzhDS
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry) I wanted a very clean and open space for the library but with a nod to classic libraries so went with a wood floor and dramatically arranged central staircase (like the grade staircase in traditional design).
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry) Please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

UkuVYtw.png

MCzi3WM.png
  • itslouisitslouis Posts: 24 Member
    FORUM ID: itslouis
    ORIGIN ID: 1louisobyrne
    LEVEL: Established (?)
    LOT: www.ea. com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/99DAE6C8FDC611E78CFC4C4F02C5D395
    LOT COST: n/a for this challenge
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run - Newcrest
    BUILD COST: $99,906
    TOTAL COST: $99,906
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur. com/a/2PRWZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: This lot was inspired by the Geisel Library in San Diego. It’s a brutalist structure that seems to defy gravity. From the outside, it looks like a spaceship or a fortress, but inside, the harsh concrete is covered in lush greenery and the light floods in from all angles. It’s named for my favourite literary character: Yertle the Turtle. Sorry, this is my first submission and my screenshot skills are bad.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Sorry, too new to post pics and a proper link!
    edited January 2018
    itslouis wrote: »
    FORUM ID: itslouis
    ORIGIN ID: 1louisobyrne
    LEVEL: Established (?)
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/99DAE6C8FDC611E78CFC4C4F02C5D395
    LOT COST: n/a for this challenge
    BUILD COST: $99,906
    TOTAL COST: $99,906
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/2PRWZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: This lot was inspired by the Geisel Library in San Diego. It’s a brutalist structure that seems to defy gravity. From the outside, it looks like a spaceship or a fortress, but inside, the harsh concrete is covered in lush greenery and the light floods in from all angles. It’s named for my favourite literary character: Yertle the Turtle. Sorry, this is my first submission and my screenshot skills are bad.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

tZzzgag.png

viZrqh9.png

Welcome to BuildnShare @itslouis! I have edited your links in the quote above. If you want to add some pictures, post the links, as you have done above and I will add them to your entry form!

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited January 2018

FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LOT: Story Pods - https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8AE44DA5FDD311E781D4B32801A8F5FC
    BUILD COST: $98,053
    TOTAL COST: $98,053
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/F2Sz7
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Story Pods. is a progressive modern view of a library, individual pods that can be moved as necessary, no front desk, just books and spaces to work. In the roof garden, you will find a chess table, a communal veggie garden, and a food pavilion. A bathroom block is at the rear of the lot.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    hYWx4YV.jpg

ZMf9h8j.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Welcome to BuildnShare @itslouis! I have edited your links in the quote above. If you want to add some pictures, post the links, as you have done above and I will add them to your entry form!

Thank you!
    Can you add:
    i.imgur.com/tZzzgag.png
    and
    i.imgur.com/viZrqh9.png
    itslouis wrote: »
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Welcome to BuildnShare @itslouis! I have edited your links in the quote above. If you want to add some pictures, post the links, as you have done above and I will add them to your entry form!

Thank you!
    Can you add:
    i.imgur.com/tZzzgag.png
    and
    i.imgur.com/viZrqh9.png

Done :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Done :)

Thank you!
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    FORUM ID: PV13
    ORIGIN ID: Lyrens35
    LOT: Link to Gallery upload
    LOT COST: § 2,500 previously purchased by the town council
    BUILD COST: § 100,000
    TOTAL COST: § 102,500
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link to Dropbox Build presentation

ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first entry to the BnS, and I’m so happy to have chosen this one for my first. I had a lot of fun with this build, even though I struggled a bit with the size of the lot. So, to fit everything in, I decided to build three floors.
    Outside there’s a parking lot in the back, and at the main entrance a small square with flowers, water feature and benches.
    First floor includes main entrance, back entrance, lobby area, front desk, café area and restrooms.
    Second floor is dedicated to children, and includes a kiddie play corner and a parents’ corner.
    Third floor is the study floor with study group seating, computer room and a fabulous skylight.
    Please NOTE: There’s a glitch with the skylight, when lot is placed in game after download, even with Move Objects on.
    To get it right, you need to pick up the ‘room’ and place it on roof again. Then it’s working as it should.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A – No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    edited January 2018
    PV13 wrote: »
    FORUM ID: PV13
    ORIGIN ID: Lyrens35
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/961AABF5FEC011E785ABB32801A8F5FC
    LOT COST: § 2,500 previously purchased by the town council
    BUILD COST: § 100,000
    TOTAL COST: § 102,500
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1p1kjpsjg9nz166/AABfRJSRMOKXO1II4nLvO0lLa?dl=0

ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first entry to the BnS, and I’m so happy to have chosen this one for my first. I had a lot of fun with this build, even though I struggled a bit with the size of the lot. So, to fit everything in, I decided to build three floors.
    Outside there’s a parking lot in the back, and at the main entrance a small square with flowers, water feature and benches.
    First floor includes main entrance, back entrance, lobby area, front desk, café area and restrooms.
    Second floor is dedicated to children, and includes a kiddie play corner and a parents’ corner.
    Third floor is the study floor with study group seating, computer room and a fabulous skylight.
    Please NOTE: There’s a glitch with the skylight, when lot is placed in game after download, even with Move Objects on.
    To get it right, you need to pick up the ‘room’ and place it on roof again. Then it’s working as it should.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A – No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

78lpRfO.png

E4Z8eTV.png

There you go @PV13 and welcome to BuildnShare :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • TeeBlueYTTeeBlueYT Posts: 2 New Member
    FORUM ID: TeeBlueYT
    ORIGIN ID: TeeBlueYT
    *LOT: w w w. ea. c o m/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/04303459FFF311E789B7B32801A8F5FC
    LOT COST: §2,500
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run, Newcrest (20x40)
    BUILD COST: §99,821
    TOTAL COST: 102,321
    *LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: teeblueyt. tumblr. c o m/post/170025595255
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the first build I have entered into BnS! I recently started a Youtube channel and was looking for some build inspiration/challenges for my channel. My video hasn't gone up yet, but it will be up by the end of the week. Anyways, the build is my interpretation of modern and progressive; I wanted to design a library that featured glass, metal, and simple, linear designs. Additionally, both the interior and exterior have a fairly neutral/muted palette of light concrete, wood, and an accent color of light blue. The first floor features several bookshelves, seating, 3 chess tables, a cafe, a study nook, and bathrooms. The upper floor features 4 computer stations, additional bookshelves and seating, and a wrap-around view of the surrounding neighborhood. Let me know what you think!

*I added a space in between parts of the links since it won't let me post them.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    I am loving everyone's creativity on this challenge. <3<3
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    FORUM ID: Zayven
    ORIGIN ID: Zayven
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D1B5A619FE4711E78B5933263BC3CA0F
    LOT COST: $2500
    BUILD COST: $99929
    TOTAL COST: $102429
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://postimg.org/gallery/244nexxeu/

ENTRY DETAILS: This is the first build I've ever done in the Sims 4, even unofficially! Such a different engine! I set out to create a building that had an optical effect using advancements in architectual engineering, but was very quickly defeated by various things, so I tried to make the most of what I *could* do and still capture some of the pieces of what I wanted to do. I found myself being more playful in style and decided to embrace it, while keeping an eye to 'modern' design. The first floor has the main circulation desk, cafe, seating areas, and a patio, all open and airy and warm. The second floor has the more 'serious' feel of libraries, less flair and more what you expect, while maintaining a nice, soothing color scheme that still compliments the other floors. There are chairs and desks lining the alcoves, alongwith a community bulletin board, and a chess table to practice. The third floor is the most 'fun' of the floors, very bright and open and inviting, with more chairs and desks lining the walls, an enclosed meeting/study room, and a children's section. Each floor has a help/circulation desk and gender neutral restrooms. I didn't enclose the kid's potties because trying to deal with young children in enclosed spaces can be quite the hassle and intimidating! I tried to make the interior work with the design and utilize it rather than just ignoring it :)

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    01-20-18_4-54-23_PM.png
    edited January 2018
    TeeBlueYT wrote: »
    FORUM ID: TeeBlueYT
    ORIGIN ID: TeeBlueYT
    *LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/04303459FFF311E789B7B32801A8F5FC
    LOT COST: §2,500
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run, Newcrest (20x40)
    BUILD COST: §99,821
    TOTAL COST: 102,321
    *LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://teeblueyt.tumblr.com/post/170025595255/hey-everyone-a-video-for-this-build-is-coming
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the first build I have entered into BnS! I recently started a Youtube channel and was looking for some build inspiration/challenges for my channel. My video hasn't gone up yet, but it will be up by the end of the week. Anyways, the build is my interpretation of modern and progressive; I wanted to design a library that featured glass, metal, and simple, linear designs. Additionally, both the interior and exterior have a fairly neutral/muted palette of light concrete, wood, and an accent color of light blue. The first floor features several bookshelves, seating, 3 chess tables, a cafe, a study nook, and bathrooms. The upper floor features 4 computer stations, additional bookshelves and seating, and a wrap-around view of the surrounding neighborhood. Let me know what you think!

*I added a space in between parts of the links since it won't let me post them.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

tumblr_p318ycgWmr1wiut84o1_1280.png

tumblr_p318ycgWmr1wiut84o2_1280.png

Welcome to BuildnShare @TeeBlueYT!! I've made your links live, are there any pictures you wish to showcase? If so, pop the link the links in like above and I'll get them up for you :)
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TeeBlueYTTeeBlueYT Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare!! I appreciate your help with the links! Here's my entry pictures...
    Exterior: 78.media.tumblr. c o m/cc9ae707e91cc8acba1dbf5856285bf4/tumblr_p318ycgWmr1wiut84o1_1280.png
    Interior: 78.media.tumblr. c o m/c99288047e453f1317c25c590a929c27/tumblr_p318ycgWmr1wiut84o2_1280.png
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @Linday - Wow, gorgeous build and I really love that fountain. Very cool!
    @withlovejulien - I am so impressed with those shots up the different floors and that wonderful dna strand stairwell. I'm impressed!
    @faithofkaela - the pods are such a great idea and the parking area and general look of all of it is marvelous!!
    @pv13 - It's such a wonderful library! Love your spots of color and the whole general feel of it. It's great!!!
    @TeeBlueYT - Very cool library! Especially love your cafe area and the way you were able to get all the bookshelves to look so much like a real life library!
    @itslouis - Fantastic modern build and I especially love the effect you achieved with the car park area!!
    @TeeBlueYT - all updated and you're welcome :kissing_heart:
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top