Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

D.N.A. Request Team - Designing Nature & Architecture Just for You!

Comments

• MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited January 2018
    Oh wow! You all are still blowing minds! <3<3<3
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Wonderful recreation of the Grey House @romagi1 . Downloaded and rec'd :smiley:
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Madame Secretary, I'll claim this one next! :)

Date: December 15, 2017
    Username: Piazzagirl1015
    Page: Old Thread here
    Type: Residential Lot
    Description: Creator's Choice Home for Sunset Valley, Sims 3
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

Hi! @Piazzagirl1015 , I've got some questions and WIPS here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584131/#Comment_11584131
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    WOW, so gorgeous and so fast itsy! :D

Thanks Ladies! :)
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,499 Member
    @romagi1 Thank you so much and I'm headed right over to your thread to answer the questions :)
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

Username: Moinesse
    Preferred builder* (If none, leave blank):
    Sims 3 or 4?: 3
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): futuristic/ultra modern and Gothic(see below)
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? KP
    Lot size (dimensions): 50x50, 60x60 64x64
    Lot traits (Sims 4):
    Number of bedrooms: 3
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)?none
    Number of bathrooms: 2
    Favorite color schemes:(see below)
    Colors you dislike:(see below)
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Yes
    Please list the Store content that can be used: All
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used (Sims 3):
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one?
    Link to specific house or plan:
    Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? Garden, pool, hot tub, play area, sauna area
    Is communication required before the builder begins work? If necessary, I will be in the closet, nursing a headache.
    Additional instructions?(no basements please)

I'd like to give a little insight into the personality of the sims that will be living in this house.
    A couple who loves each other very much, but has a slight agreement problem.
    If he says black, she says white, if he says chicken, she says turkey. If he says it's raining, she says it's snowing!!!
    Well, this couple's ready for a new house.

He says Gothic, and she says modern. "Oh hon," he said "We are not modern folks' She thinks for a moment and says "For once you are right, Gothic it is."
    He's shocked. "Oh no no, we will go modern, it's about time for a change"
    (her)Ok modern
    (him)(rethinks)Hmmm, no hon, Gothic, modern will be too different for us!
    (her)*shakes head* I want a white house.
    (him)*scratches head* Its best we stay with a black or dark grey house.

(smashes face against keyboard)

The house needs to be 1/2 futuristic/modern and the other half Gothic. (Yeah, I know its an architect's nightmare) Also the modern side needs to be white, and the Gothic side black or really dark grey.. I realize that you can't have all black and all white without some contrasting color, the choice of contrasting color is up to the builder. The white and dark is split down the middle of the property, white fence for white side, black for black side. Dark grass, dark side, light grass for lighter side. Where ever you put the playground the barbecue area and the pool will need to be color coordinated with the side that it's on. If the pool is split in the middle of the property or a portion of it is on the divide, then it will also need to be color coordinated.

Think of two different pictures taped together, one modern white, one dark Gothic.

The interior is up to you, as to where you want to place everything. The inside flow from light to dark may need to be tweaked a bit with a small amount of grey, or something to break the complete difference in color. I leave that up to you also.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Wow, super fast @itguyinsc . I really like the roof beam detail. Well done. :smiley:

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @itguyinsc , what a great looking home you built and in such record time! I'm jealous that S4 has large ROUND rugs! And braided ones! I've wanted those two options in S3 for a long time, lol. Grrr! :)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask or not (I apologize if not). My computer with the Sims loaded up was stolen, which poses a bit of a problem as I've been working on a story and I didn't save copies of my sims to the gallery. Would any of the artists be able to help recreate the sims in my story? I'm not great at using CAS, so any extra help is much appreciated. If not, totally understandable. (I use Sims 4, by the way; I'm not sure if this is mostly Sims 3 or not).

Thank you for your time.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam secretary I just wanted to let you know I made a change to my request, I'm only requesting for 1 cat now instead of 2. Thank you :)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    edited January 2018
    Madam Secretary, I'd like to claim:

Date: August 23, 2017
    Username: @AuronoiChieftain
    Type: Pet
    Description: Sim-a-Like of Paulie Pickle, Sims 4
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

EDIT: AuronoiChieftain cancelled the request
    Post edited by illusie on
    edited January 2018
    Madam Secretary, I'd like to claim another request if I may:

Date: January 7, 2018
    Username: @cmbaker16
    Page: here
    Type: Pet
    Description: Sim-a-Likes of Cat, Sims 4
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:
    edited January 2018
    Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask or not (I apologize if not). My computer with the Sims loaded up was stolen, which poses a bit of a problem as I've been working on a story and I didn't save copies of my sims to the gallery. Would any of the artists be able to help recreate the sims in my story? I'm not great at using CAS, so any extra help is much appreciated. If not, totally understandable. (I use Sims 4, by the way; I'm not sure if this is mostly Sims 3 or not).

Thank you for your time.

@superkyle221, sorry to hear your computer was stolen. I think remaking a sim based on screenshots in the sims 4 is doable if you have a good screenshot of the face. I recreated one of my male sims in the sims 4 based on pictures and he turned out well. So it all depends on what screenshots you have. If you fill out the request form I'm sure I or one of my team mates can help you.
    @romagi1 you did a great job on the Grey House. Looks beautiful!

@itguyinsc, Bayside Craftsman looks gorgeous!
  • calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    two wonderful creations for this month already @itguyinsc and @romagi1
    h2xmsbl]

• AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    Madame Secretary, I'm canceling my request for the Sim-a-Like of Paulie Pickle, Just to let you know.
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hello DNA-ers. I watched an old episode of Grand Designs last night and saw a stunning house being built on the Isle of Wight. I immediately knew I needed it in my game and so I come to the greatest sims builders available :smiley:

Username: Francisca464
    Preferred builder:
    Sims 3 or 4?: Sims 4
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): Modern
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? Everything
    Lot size (dimensions): As the builder sees fit
    Lot traits (Sims 4): As the builder sees fit
    Number of bedrooms: As close to the real house as possible, if there's room to spare you can always add in an extra bedroom.
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? Mixed. I'm not sure how many bedrooms there are in the real house, but at least one awesome master bedroom with attached bathroom, I believe the couple who owns it has one boy and a girl. So bedrooms for both genders I guess? Maybe 2 teens and 2 kids, so it can house 4 children.
    Number of bathrooms: As the builder sees fit
    Favorite color schemes: As close to the original home as possible. Lots of glass, wood, black and white and neutral colors.
    Colors you dislike: For this build the very bright colors, except maybe for the kids bedrooms or as an accent.
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes please
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Not sure yet, but I'm tempted to place it near the water (as it is close to the water irl too) so I'm thinking Brindleton Bay or Windenburg (the Windenburg island maybe?)
    Link to specific house or plan: I have multiple links, I'll list them in the 'additional instructions'.
    Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? I believe the house has a pool and hot tub irl too. So those :wink:
    Is communication required before the builder begins work? Not required, but maybe wanted. They can always contact me :smile:
    Additional instructions?
    Links to the real home:

The Invisible House (pictures)
    An article
    Website On The Wight
    Architects website
    The episode, if you want to watch it <- I added the link from the moment in the episode where they actually show the house, so you won't necessarily have to watch the entire thing.
    Lincoln house on Isle of Wight
    In this link are some pics of the entrance and kitchen
    (Added later:) sort of quick build plan on YouTube!

As I'm searching for information, I realize that there aren't a lot of pictures available of this home. If you want to see more of it, you'd have to watch the Grand Designs episode which might be a bit of a hassle. If the builder is not feeling up to this, they can also just imagine the inside to their best ability and try to work with the pictures that are available. Or I could fastforward to the end of the episode and take some screenshots of some rooms. I know they are in there at the end :wink:
    Post edited by Francisca464 on
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Sim/Household, Sims 4 Request Form
    Username: superkyle221
    Preferred creator* (If none, leave blank):
    Skin color: ? (See picture)
    Hair color: blonde
    Aspiration​: Joke Star
    ​Bonus Trait:
    Traits: Gloomy, Self Assured, Creative
    Name desired (optional): Harvey
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All except fitness stuff, vintage glamour, and laundry stuff
    Link to reference pics (optional): Pictures are under the spoiler tag

As a teenager:

Mzy1HNH.png
    LQwSjEw.png
    8I1r53D.png
    y0DpEk9.png
    gw5jwHD.png
    rUJZtsH.png
    sb7BoXm.png

As an adult:

VcnCTJh.png
    5fl7JZL.png
    (Apologies for the dotted lines, the only place I have this picture is on the Plum Tree)

Is communication required before the creator begins work?
    Can be? This is one of the sims in my legacy story that I'm working on - the computer was stolen from me and so all I have are the reference pictures.

Additional instructions?
    No. I have pictures of the sim, but I'm having a difficult time recreating him in CAS. The original copy was on a computer that was stolen.
    Feel free to make either a teen or adult version of the character.

Thank you for any help anybody can give.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Hi @calmorezoo - welcome back m'dear! I hope your health continues to improve and that there are no further tech issues!

@romagi1 - Grey House is stunning! I really love how you did the archways and GENIUS the piano that you MOO'd together in the music room! It's a beautiful home! I'm so jealous of your landscaping abilities too! <3

@itguyinsc - You are so speedy my friend! Bayside Craftsman is GORGE! I love the dining room with the piano and fireplace in it- it looks super cozy!
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Thanks dear team! I have missed you all very much. <3
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Question...it doesn't have anything to do with request just something I'm kinda curious/interested in...How does one become a D.N.A team member?

Hi! We like to invite new members and we use a list of potential members to select from. If you're interested, send me a pm. :)
    Sorry for the late response!
    SLpPUp.png
    Madame Secretary, I’d like to claim this request! :)

Date: January 10, 2018
    Username: Shadow_Simmer_14 (SlowestBlub)
    Page: here
    Description: Modern Home for Brindleton Bay, Sims 4
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

@Shadow_Simmer_14 I will be PM-ing you to ask about any questions I have throughout the building process.

Thank you! :)
    SLpPUp.png
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Madame Secretary, I'll claim this one next! :)

Date: December 15, 2017
    Username: Piazzagirl1015
    Description: Creator's Choice Home for Sunset Valley, Sims 3
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

Hi! @Piazzagirl1015 , I've got some questions and WIPS here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584131/#Comment_11584131

Thank you! :)
    SLpPUp.png
    @Moinesse Thanks for your request! The story of how the home came to be is helpful and fun! I love hearing how some of these ideas come to fruition. I've added your request to our Open Request list; if you have any questions please let us know. :)
    SLpPUp.png