Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody still play The Sims 3?

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I don't PLAY TS3, I live it! LOL

<3<3<3<3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Still playing. :) As a matter of fact, I played Saturday night, totally got lost in building. Took a look at my phone and saw it was 7:29... A.M. Sunday!!!! :o:s
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I think we can all be a bit weak when it comes to TS3 in here. I think most TS3 players understand that the game is ambitious but a bit dodgy, and we forgive it its faults because it still is entertaining and sometimes endearing.
    I don't quite yet own the store - there are a few bucket hat hairs and what not that I refuse to buy, but I own most of it. I spent money on TS3 knowing its problems because I do get a lot of enjoyment from it. Even more so that EA no longer have their grubby fingers into patches and stuff.
    At least I know that whatever is broken will stay broken, unless the community manages to fix it.

I don't quite own the store yet...I have a ton of stuff though. I have every ep except world Adventures...don't know why, but it just doesn't interest me. I just recently got University life...and that had a bunch of things that I didn't even know about...so that was a sweet surprise. I think I have all the worlds except Lunar Lakes and a bunch of random items. but as a builder...I can't seem to get enough.

I decided this time around not to download CC...even though there are some really great CC out there. I pretty much destroyed my Sims 2 game with CC...didn't want to do it again.... and obviously I have no self control when adding things to the game....So I don't even browse the CC sites anymore.

The things that are broken in the game....can pretty much be fixed with some Mods. Almost everything you need from Nraas and Mod the Sims. So my game is good. It crashes every now and then, but I don't care. I save often enough not to lose any real progress.

Yep...I will be playing TS3 from here on out. I will wait patiently for a new version of the game...hopefully by another company. I'm just gonna pretend like TS4 never happened.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I got stuck in my Evermore Legacy last night for three simdays because one family had a routing issue from the furniture in their house still eing arrianged for the smaller house size they had before the addition was built.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • CrmelsimloverCrmelsimlover Posts: 65 Member
    I still love the Sims 3 and will never tire of it. I'm an equal opportunity simmer in that I still play Sims 2. The only series I don't have on my computer is Sims 1 and I'm sorry I don't have my files anymore, but I still have the game. I'm not one of those people who has to delete a series just because a new one came out. I love new ideas just as much as anyone else, but I also love kicking it old school.
    lKb34rE.png
    A calm sea never made a skillful mariner.

• KathyriniaKathyrinia Posts: 15 New Member
    I'm an old lady now, but I can't get enough of my sims 3 simmies. And this community is so kind and sweet.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited November 2017
    Starting to make Sims 3 videos. No "Let's Play" vids, yet, but just stuff like this:

https://youtu.be/RBPqWxJMZ04
    (my old Chikamori Selfacy 1st Gen vid).

https://youtu.be/FKWsNxAWzpg
    (the new Chikamori Selfacy vid (from first date to marriage/honeymoon vid).

https://youtu.be/3uZXjohSaGc
    (a comical "Dammed Phone" vid - after a flurry of dating calls)

https://youtu.be/h917MLz__BY
    (First Christmas Vid). :D I love Christmas.

Yep...can't get enough of Sims 3. It's the best game out there.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2017
    Rhianna wrote: »
    I prefer Sims 3 to Sims 4. I'm not sure why, but I think that Sims 4 is just less addicting, and I always notice myself going back to Sims 3.

Stop to steal my mind ... :(
    ( it means I agree and I do think of the same)
    Mikezumi wrote:
    I don't PLAY TS3, I live it! LOL

I do as well !
    I still love the Sims 3 and will never tire of it. I'm an equal opportunity simmer in that I still play Sims 2. The only series I don't have on my computer is Sims 1 and I'm sorry I don't have my files anymore, but I still have the game. I'm not one of those people who has to delete a series just because a new one came out. I love new ideas just as much as anyone else, but I also love kicking it old school.

thumb up !!
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Babsie14Babsie14 Posts: 116 Member
    I will probably not buy Sims 4 unless some things are added. I dislike the notion of being forced to pay twice as much for the same stuff offered in bigger quantity in previous games. I loved Sims 2 and 3. And yes, I still play them both.
  • jessiemessie101jessiemessie101 Posts: 7 New Member
    I play Sims 3 ALL . THE . TIME. I was one of the first people in my country to get Sims 4, it was pre-ordered an a limited edition. Cost me well over $100 but I thought it was worth it. Such a mistake... the frequent load scenes and inability to roam an open world truly makes me feel so limited in what I can do. I like to see my character driving, I like having a town and I can physically roam every nook and cranny, Sims 4 took the fun out of it. Even though Sims 3 is laggy, I still play. And if EA were smart they will work on a Sims 5 that is a less laggy version of Sims 3 with more features etc and possibly incorporate the Sims 4 create a sim. I would pay hundreds for that game.
  • ShadowGirl2017ShadowGirl2017 Posts: 41 Member
    I really don't like how you can't see the sims actually go to work or go to school in the sims 4. I think that TS4 took a big step back in the going to work/school direction.

And yes, I still do play TS3. :)
    I usually let my sims have their imaginary friends but once they become teenagers the imaginary friends get in the way. I never learn. B)
  • PatienceTheVirtuePatienceTheVirtue Posts: 67 Member
    I mean can we talk about TS3 expansion packs compared to TS4. The careers in TS3 felt so fleshed out and gave me the act of being a ghost buster, PI or firefighter. Also having that pony the lil girl in me always wanted made it 100% more worth it!
    OYENqGg.png
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I usually play Sims 3 when I play a Sims game. :):smile: )
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I've played all the Sims series from Sims 1, I understand points of view like open world eta but I don't think you can compare like careers,worlds,activities to do until Sims 4 has released a lot more packs then you can give it a fair judgement. In alot of ways Sims 4 is better than 3 and vice versa I think another year and we will have a lot more content to compare.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've played all the Sims series from Sims 1, I understand points of view like open world eta but I don't think you can compare like careers,worlds,activities to do until Sims 4 has released a lot more packs then you can give it a fair judgement. In alot of ways Sims 4 is better than 3 and vice versa I think another year and we will have a lot more content to compare.
    What we can do, though, is compare where TS3 was in its development almost three and a half years after release to where TS4 is now. But regardless, and this is just a matter of opinion of course, many of us here are just not interested in playing TS4 and it's not for the comparative lack of content as that gap has already closed up in many ways. We just don't care for the game itself no matter how much content it has and will continue to play TS3 until something better, more, or as interesting to us comes along. And then, of course, there are those players who play and enjoy both games for what they are. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AvieLeagueAvieLeague Posts: 37 Member
    I'm one of those people @igazor mentions--I do still play Sims 3, but I also play Sims 4. They each have different appeals, so even though they're the same franchise, I tend to treat them like two entirely separate games. Which is great, because who can ever have too many games to choose from, right? ;)
    lv-banner-posterized.jpg
    Loud Voices: Sims and drama and rock and roll.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2018
    As @igazor stated, those of us who stick to Sims 3 and refuse to buy TS4 have seen the writing on the wall by the 12 month mark of your game's release: In case you're not familiar with it. Here's the list and I'll go through the entirety of it (All the years, all the releases)...don't have time to right now, But I plan to complete this. But here's the 12 month list.

Comparison... Sims 3 versus Sims 4 at the 12 month mark after release of base game.
    The Sims 3 Release Date: June 2, 2009, All careers in base game, swimming pools available, toddlers, etc. Open World, We could collect rocks, collect insects, plant things. This was a full-game...instead of a game that was DLC'd to death. Not restricted to flat lots, CASt, CAS and Edit terrain were available. Tended to go more for realistic facial features. Dishwasher in base game...even though it was a piece of junk which broke down every two days.
    Ice Cream Maker: Sims 3 Store Item: 309 Simpoints https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:50389&categoryId=13506
    The Sims 3 EP01: World Adventures Expansion Release Date: November 17, 2009 (5 months)
    This is a true expansion pack. Three new worlds (France, Egypt, China) to explore and activities to do. New skill increasing activities like Photography and Martial Arts, new items, clothes, and stuff to buy.
    The Sims 3 SP01: High End Loft Stuff Pack Release Date: February 2, 2010 (8 months)
    Basically Stuff...lots of stuff...related to loft-living. 39 Buy Mode objects, 6 Build Mode objects, as well as 15 clothing items and 5 hairstyles for both men and women.
    The Sims 3 EP02: Ambitions Expansion Release Date: June 1, 2010 (12 months)
    Twinbrook, new fully open world (which makes four fully open, explorable worlds in 12 months), ghost hunter, firefighter, stylist, architect, or private investigator careers, all skills that can make money can now be pursued as self employment. two new skills: sculpting and inventing. Simbots. Consignment shop.

TS4: (Release date: September 2, 2014)
    No swimming pools, no toddlers...upon release. basic three level careers in each career set instead of the 10 in TS3. Closed world. Linear game play versus true sandbox. CAS slightly improved, CASt vanished...edit terrain vanished. Cartoon features for sims, Clay hair. Fisher Price trees.
    The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Game Pack
    Release Date: Jan 13, 2015 (4 months)
    Herbalism skill, Go camping, Granite Falls (world - if you can call a closed segmented town a world), Collect insects (which we could do in TS3 base game), Fish (which we could do in base game)... and a Sim?
    The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack
    Release Date: Mar 31, 2015 (6 months)
    Three playable careers. Two new skills. Aliens (life form) and a closed world... Alien Homeworld.
    The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff (Stuff Pack)
    Release Date: May 19, 2015 (8 months)
    Fountain of Mirth...mood altering drinks...we had moodlet inducing drinks in the base game thanks to the bars.
    Buffet Tables - we had buffet tables in the base game in TS3
    New Clothing and Hair - oh yippee...limited clothing color choices and clay hair.
    Wow...new lights, a chair and a few other objects.
    Wow...new insta-rooms for those who don't like building.
    The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff (Stuff Pack)
    Release Date: Jun 16, 2015 (9 months)
    Wow...like LGR said, More chairs. Wow...you can never have too many chairs, tables and...well...patio stuff. And hot tubs...goodie...so you got them sooner than us.
    The Sims 4 Spa Day Game Pack
    Release Date: Jul 6, 2015 (10 months)
    Spa Career (yes, more interactive...than TS3, but still...we had spas in TS3 in the base game), Wellness Skill, Yoga, Massage, Meditation, Aquariums (we had aquariums and fishing in the base game in TS3, grab a fish from your personal inventory and plunk 'em in.) incense: frankly, I'm getting a bit incensed...at the cutting of base game activities in comparison to TS3.
    The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff (Stuff Pack)
    Release Date: August 11, 2015 (12 months)
    More Kitchen stuff...there was NO DISHWASHER??? in the base game???? Ice Cream Maker
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited January 2018
    At the risk of being attacked for being honest in my opinion like simmer Adoris94, I love BOTH TS3 & TS4 equally for reasons.
    So I play BOTH!
    I had given up TS3 at one time for various reasons that are non-existent in TS4 but came back...

I love the features of one pack, Ambitions, a pack I had LONG ago before I ever knew/ came to this site so not registered but had too many AWESOME features to mention-- every feature is it's best aspect!

I love University for various reasons and found I can not longer fully enjoy myself without it!
    World Adventures adds something I love--
    1KRlDbu.jpg
    8YFgJuk.jpg
    the thrill of danger and exploration!
    And I don't know if I'm the only one who has given both a good try/ play that experienced this, but ever since playing with TS3's Generations I keep thinking/ expecting to be able to do the Shower Woohoo in TS4 :lol:

TS4 I love cause it's new and haven't yet seen all it is going to have to offer YET; I enjoy being to use this cas.fulleditmode cheat to edit each house and gene splice sims to give them a toddler (or two) that is a combo of two sims genetics so household don't just die off and I don't have to play them or download something special just so they breed on their own.
    Among other lil' things.
    BUT I can't see just giving up TS3 for all it offers that TS4 does not... Yet... But I don't expect TS4 to offer all the great aspects of TS3 as it's a different game so should be/ play different anyhow.

So, in short, I'm still an active TS3 player!
    Post edited by Kilov17 on
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    At the risk of being attacked ...

:D rawr! That’s about all you’ll get here
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    I don't play the Sims 4. 0nly 2 and 3. Don't even want 4, based on all of the videos I have seen.
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    thevogel wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    I think we can all be a bit weak when it comes to TS3 in here. I think most TS3 players understand that the game is ambitious but a bit dodgy, and we forgive it its faults because it still is entertaining and sometimes endearing.
    I don't quite yet own the store - there are a few bucket hat hairs and what not that I refuse to buy, but I own most of it. I spent money on TS3 knowing its problems because I do get a lot of enjoyment from it. Even more so that EA no longer have their grubby fingers into patches and stuff.
    At least I know that whatever is broken will stay broken, unless the community manages to fix it.

I don't quite own the store yet...I have a ton of stuff though. I have every ep except world Adventures...don't know why, but it just doesn't interest me. I just recently got University life...and that had a bunch of things that I didn't even know about...so that was a sweet surprise. I think I have all the worlds except Lunar Lakes and a bunch of random items. but as a builder...I can't seem to get enough.

I decided this time around not to download CC...even though there are some really great CC out there. I pretty much destroyed my Sims 2 game with CC...didn't want to do it again.... and obviously I have no self control when adding things to the game....So I don't even browse the CC sites anymore.

The things that are broken in the game....can pretty much be fixed with some Mods. Almost everything you need from Nraas and Mod the Sims. So my game is good. It crashes every now and then, but I don't care. I save often enough not to lose any real progress.

Yep...I will be playing TS3 from here on out. I will wait patiently for a new version of the game...hopefully by another company. I'm just gonna pretend like TS4 never happened.

Hey, connect with me, via the player wall, and add what you like, and cab gift you something. Have points to burn, and have the store myself, so feel free! Here is my page - https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/LadyGreenEyes - so you can send me a link to your wishlist.

• Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    At the risk of being attacked ...

:D rawr! That’s about all you’ll get here
    "Awesome" Click!
    :lol: It's SO true!
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I'm definitely one of those people who loves TS3 and will never go anywhere near TS4. I don't have anything against people who like or love TS4; if you're happy, I'm glad you found something you enjoy. But I think that there is a reasonable amount of resentment towards EA, not gamers, that sometimes comes out as aggression and vitriol on threads like this. People can prefer the style of sims or buildings in one game over another, and that's just the reality of how things change ovet time. But I think @Nikkei_Simmer crystallized the crux of the problem with TS4, at least for some of us, with that insightful overview of each game at twelve months. TS3 had many more in-depth features, from toddlers and their development to fully fleshed-out careers, and of course a fully open world. What did TS4 have? Some new-age wellness junk and the promise to run more smoothly on older systems and with fewer bugs, which quite frankly EA should be ashamed to actually brag about. (To quote Chris Rock: You don't get credit for what you're supposed to do.) Oh, and twice as many packs to buy for half as much stuff to do.

Again, if you like TS4, that's great. But some of us want EA to do better next time, and we take every opportunity to say that they dropped the ball on this one. If this sentiment comes off as ill will towards the gamers, that's unfortunate and unintended, but we're not going to pretend that all is well in sims world. And let's not forget what happened to the SimCity franchise. If that's where The Sims ends up, we'll all be worse off for it.
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    lol are you kidding me? Sims 4 came out, I got it, then got almost immediately bored and went back to the Sims 3, I love TS3 XD
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited January 2018
    I haven't played TS3 in a long time because I know it's safe and sound and is waiting for me.
    And that it will be a total joy when I return.

I am currently obsessed with TS4 like an aching body part that you keep poking.
    "Ow, yeah it still hurts."

Sort of like that I guess.
    But also waiting for all the components so it will be fully operational.
    I am desperate for Seasons, University, and witches.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds