Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decades Challenge

Comments

• AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    Lima_Bean wrote: »
    I finally found the time to get some CC for my challenge but along the way I found really good things that some of you guys might appreciate:
    http://modthesims.info/d/567554
    http://historicalsimslife.blogspot.com/2017/02/ts4-edwardian-womens-underwear-nightwear.html
    http://historicalsimslife.blogspot.com/2017/03/ts4-edwardian-womens-coat-and-hat.html
    http://modthesims.info/d/545512
    Practically almost all the things on History Lover's sims blog. You can find a lot of stuff in the Edwardian section of it and it really helps. It helps later on in the 1900s and for 1800s.

LonelyBoy has some really great 1920's themed CC as well that I'm close to being ready to use in my challenge (:
    http://happylifesims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
  • Lima_BeanLima_Bean Posts: 156 Member
    @flutegirl_132 - Ooh, thanks! I just started the challenge but I'll definitely keep his posts in mind when I do get to 1920's.
    tumblr_olhgd34AWo1w036sto1_500.gif
    @flutegirl_132 - Ooh, thanks! I just started the challenge but I'll definitely keep his posts in mind when I do get to 1920's.

You're welcome! There's unfortunately not as much Edwardian CC as I'd like, so I've had to make do with mixing and matching. Good luck on your challenge!
  • Lima_BeanLima_Bean Posts: 156 Member

You're welcome! There's unfortunately not as much Edwardian CC as I'd like, so I've had to make do with mixing and matching. Good luck on your challenge!

Thanks! Since you're also doing the challenge too, I wish the best of luck to you, too.
    tumblr_olhgd34AWo1w036sto1_500.gif
  • GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    One idea is that in the war times, you had to give something away (sell it) every Sunday (something in your house or something you crafted), as part of an effort to raise money for the war. But then don't keep the money - use this- ctrl+shift+c to open the cheat box, enter: testingcheats true, then enter: money X (x is the amount of money you had before giving something "away") Just an idea!! :) :) :)
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    Since in the 1890s-1920s there wasn't very good medical care, what about during those 3 decades, anytime a sim in your household gives birth, you have to roll three 6-sided dice. If the sim has a single birth, and if they roll 1-9, they live with no sickness, 10-15, they live, but they can't be out of bed for more then 3 hours at a time, and they shouldn't be outside or overexerting themselves, and getting an in-game sickness will kill them (use your cowplant). Sickness lasts for 3 in-game days. If they roll 16-18 they die (once again, use your cowplant). If your sim has twins, 1-7 is live, 8-14 is live with sickness, 15-18 is die. If your sim has triplets or more, then 1-5 is live, 6-10 is live with sickness, and 11-18 is die. What do you think?
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • fireflysmelodyfireflysmelody Posts: 11 New Member
    Love the Challenge!

I'm using @CuteCoffeeGal 's revised rules though. I'm too impatient for the original one.
    @GeniusSimmerGirl I like both your ideas, however, I'm already in 1923 and have a full household so I probably won't be able to use the latter one :(
  • CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
    Glad you're finding my revision helpful @fireflysmelody! Let me know if they give you any problems - so far I think I'm the only person who has used them, so a second user is great!
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
    Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I've been playing this challenge for over a year now (off and on), and am in the 1970s :) (accidentally skipped most of the 1920s due to some heir issues/confusion). It's a lot of fun, but I started it before I had ANY expansion/game/stuff packs, and since then (especially with Glamour stuff and Get Together) things have been added that I think would have really enhanced certain decades. So now I'm planning on finishing it, then restarting the game in a new save/new characters. Really looking forward to it!

And @CuteCoffeeGal , I'm looking forward to checking out your videos and thank you for elaborating more on the challenge rules!

One thing I wanted to add: Since Get To Work added sickness, until maybe 1920s?, an added difficulty could be that every time your Sim gets sick, you roll the dice to see if they live or die. I may or may not do that, but I thought it might add more tension.
  • Kmiddl00Kmiddl00 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m really wanting to try this challenge but having a difficult time finding good clothes and hair styles for the decades. Especially the 1890s. Any help?
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited February 2019
    Kmiddl00 wrote: »
    I’m really wanting to try this challenge but having a difficult time finding good clothes and hair styles for the decades. Especially the 1890s. Any help?

These were linked a few posts ago:

http://historicalsimslife.blogspot.com is one good place to find some period wear.
    http://happylifesims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads another good place.

Good luck!

I started this challenge after discovering it a couple days ago. Got through the first decade miraculously in one piece. Wound up with six kids. One pair of twins, one set of triplets. Ugh. If you'd like to follow, I'm documenting it on my website. :)

@CuteCoffeeGal I am also using your revised rules!

Post edited by OhHeyLucky on
  • AvieLeagueAvieLeague Posts: 37 Member
    I love the idea of this challenge, but I have to confess that every time I've tried to start it, I get so caught up in looking at cc for it that I forget I actually planned to play the challenge itself. ;) Thanks for giving me more links for my addition!

I can't link in posts yet, so you'll have to type it in manually to get to it. But I've had some luck finding cc at the historychallengecc tumblr site. (If that site has been mentioned elsewhere already, I apologize. I skimmed back through the thread but didn't see it.)
    lv-banner-posterized.jpg
    Loud Voices: Sims and drama and rock and roll.
    AvieLeague wrote: »
    I love the idea of this challenge, but I have to confess that every time I've tried to start it, I get so caught up in looking at cc for it that I forget I actually planned to play the challenge itself. ;) Thanks for giving me more links for my addition!

I can't link in posts yet, so you'll have to type it in manually to get to it. But I've had some luck finding cc at the historychallengecc tumblr site. (If that site has been mentioned elsewhere already, I apologize. I skimmed back through the thread but didn't see it.)

I large majority of the clothing and CC I use came from the http://historicalsimslife.blogspot.com that AngelicEvil linked. I've also found plenty of great pieces from http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/themed You'll see a list of period-specific categories there c: Besides that, just a looooot of googling and actually searching on Pinterest has yielded good results!
  • AvieLeagueAvieLeague Posts: 37 Member
    I can't seem to edit my posts. I assume that's part of the whole "new member" thing. But where I said "Thanks for giving me more links for my addition" I really meant to say "for my ADDICTION."

Thanks, @flutegirl_132 for the additional link! Pinterest is always a rabbit hole of awesome goodies, isn't it?
    lv-banner-posterized.jpg
    Loud Voices: Sims and drama and rock and roll.
    AvieLeague wrote: »
    I can't seem to edit my posts. I assume that's part of the whole "new member" thing. But where I said "Thanks for giving me more links for my addition" I really meant to say "for my ADDICTION."

Thanks, @flutegirl_132 for the additional link! Pinterest is always a rabbit hole of awesome goodies, isn't it?

It iiiis! But then you sometimes get the pins that are just pictures with no working link to the content and it's like, whyyy :'(
  • UncannyVallyGirlUncannyVallyGirl Posts: 2 New Member
    You could add the Space race in the 50s-60s:
    -Astronot career
    -Sci-fi writing
    -Use telescopes

It might also be fun to research what pastimes were available for communal lots (like movie theaters)
    edited January 2018
    I have reached the third generation, and it is currently 1916. I did not start the rolls for World War 1 in 1910, as historically, the war didn't start until 1914, so I saved rolls for then instead. I have also removed the cowplant as I have the MCCC and can just elect to kill anyone if need be. I also did the rolls for living or dying differently. One male did die in combat, leaving behind a wife and young son. :( You can follow along by clicking the link in my signature!

emmaisrael.png

@UncannyVallyGirl That's a great idea and I plan to use that! :D
  • UncannyVallyGirlUncannyVallyGirl Posts: 2 New Member
    > And I was wondering if the children could possibly have the Social trait. Cause I don't see why not? Or maybe, to pick it if you finish the first trait? Just a thought!

I was cruise about that too. If the goal of the parents would be to marry her off into a good family, then I feel like charisma and domestic skills would probably be selling points too, in not more so.
    I have reached the third generation, and it is currently 1916. I did not start the rolls for World War 1 in 1910, as historically, the war didn't start until 1914, so I saved rolls for then instead. I have also removed the cowplant as I have the MCCC and can just elect to kill anyone if need be. I also did the rolls for living or dying differently. One male did die in combat, leaving behind a wife and young son. :( You can follow along by clicking the link in my signature!

emmaisrael.png

I really like how you have the info about each Sim set up on your blog! I really ought to do that somewhere on mine to keep track of all the Sims I have going Dx

emmaisrael.png

I really like how you have the info about each Sim set up on your blog! I really ought to do that somewhere on mine to keep track of all the Sims I have going Dx

Thanks! I do recommend it. If I don't have things organized, I get things missed up or lose them. :#

emmaisrael.png

Thanks! I do recommend it. If I don't have things organized, I get things missed up or lose them. :#

I turned my challenge into a story, so all of my actual challenge gameplay has gotten mixed up and unorganized. I'm trying to get it back on track now as I'm starting the third generation as well (though i just hit the 20's)

emmaisrael.png

I turned my challenge into a story, so all of my actual challenge gameplay has gotten mixed up and unorganized. I'm trying to get it back on track now as I'm starting the third generation as well (though i just hit the 20's)

Sounds good! Hopefully you get it on track! I may do a story of sorts with the next decades challenge I do. I actually just wrote up a couple obituaries for a couple of sims who recently passed away, including the one mentioned above. I just started 1920, so I'm writing up my 1910-1920 timeline.

I do have a question though, because I am slightly confused. When you are scoring, are you scoring for just the active household, or are you scoring for the entire family? It gets a little hazy for me because many of the kids save one usually move out and have their own families, so not sure if they "count".

emmaisrael.png

Sounds good! Hopefully you get it on track! I may do a story of sorts with the next decades challenge I do. I actually just wrote up a couple obituaries for a couple of sims who recently passed away, including the one mentioned above. I just started 1920, so I'm writing up my 1910-1920 timeline.

I do have a question though, because I am slightly confused. When you are scoring, are you scoring for just the active household, or are you scoring for the entire family? It gets a little hazy for me because many of the kids save one usually move out and have their own families, so not sure if they "count".

To be honest, I started off trying to keep a score using CuteCoffeeGal's template, but I ended up forgetting to update and just stopped. I don't usually keep scores with challenges, but I've been considering tallying things up now and trying to restart.
    I think if I was going to keep score, I'd want to focus on one family and choose like, a legacy "heir" to continue focusing on and keeping a score of. My challenge right now has so many side Sims and characters, it would be chaos trying to keep score on them all.

emmaisrael.png

To be honest, I started off trying to keep a score using CuteCoffeeGal's template, but I ended up forgetting to update and just stopped. I don't usually keep scores with challenges, but I've been considering tallying things up now and trying to restart.
    I think if I was going to keep score, I'd want to focus on one family and choose like, a legacy "heir" to continue focusing on and keeping a score of. My challenge right now has so many side Sims and characters, it would be chaos trying to keep score on them all.

Not a bad idea at all. I will definitely do that!
  • rosietea03rosietea03 Posts: 22 Member
    Anyone have CC for the 1920's? I've looked everywhere and I couldn't find good one's:(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top