Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Quick Guide to SimLit - Sims Story FAQ

Comments

• NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    @CathyTea Thank you for the advice! I didn't have any specific questions at the moment, just quite new to writing so I figured I'd just link it and see haha. I just ended up creating a new discussion for my story and put chapter 1 there, called Chronicles of a Simki. Quite exciting :)
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • phiezphiez Posts: 13 New Member
    Thanks for the guides. For me, the challenges are to find idea and keep motivated. Because sometimes, you find another things to do, then forget about writing Sim Lit. That's why I did last year. I hope these year I could finish my story.
  • BerrySimmerBerrySimmer Posts: 35 Member
    This sounds cool! I wanna try writing simlit!!
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Thanks for putting this together! It's nice having lots of options in one place to compare and contrast.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Is word press really free? I've been seeing so many people using it that I thought it would be perfect to try as my simslit sharing blog. Ive been frustrated with my Tumblr because the style didn't fit me. But when I went to make a blog on WordPress it said I had to pay 5$ if I wanted to make a blog to use even the free features. Which confused me so my friend showed me livejournal and I used that instead. Is there something I missed with word press? :( Or has it changed since this was posted about.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Is word press really free? I've been seeing so many people using it that I thought it would be perfect to try as my simslit sharing blog. Ive been frustrated with my Tumblr because the style didn't fit me. But when I went to make a blog on WordPress it said I had to pay 5$ if I wanted to make a blog to use even the free features. Which confused me so my friend showed me livejournal and I used that instead. Is there something I missed with word press? :( Or has it changed since this was posted about.

yes its really free. theres a free plan option when you sign up.
    I guess I'll poke it again and see what happens, the lowest option it would give me was $5and I was very dissapointed.
    edited January 2018
    I guess I'll poke it again and see what happens, the lowest option it would give me was $5and I was very dissapointed.

i'm trying to get you some help.
    I don't know why the option wasn't showing up before but it is now. Thanks!

sometimes worpress is goofy. glad you figured it out. :)
    edited January 2018

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/835533/

if you need further help or just want to meet some writers click the link. its the writers lounge started by me and my friend cathtea. we have a mix of begining writers and writers who have a few stories and its a nice group.
    I'll check that out. :] I started writing on tumblr when i got sims 4 about a year ago, but it just doesn't match my writing style so i've been looking for something new. Which is why I finally ended up on this site too. ^^
  • elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member

@Shadami do you use wordpress.com since there's another wordpress but that other one is wordpress.org.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
    @elifdapeton yeah I was using .com It was apparently just doing something very weird and only giving me the paid options and saying "these include the free options." but not giving me the free option. I was super confused. So a couple days later when I learned there actually was a free service and it had just been acting weird. Thanks again friendsfan367! I went back and suddenly there was the free option where it should have been in the first place.

Not the foggiest clue why it never showed the first time I tried. But thank you. <3
  • bad1788bad1788 Posts: 42 Member
    This is a really great guide! SimLit is something I've always wanted to dabble with but never taken the time to flush out before.
  • PatiPatouPatiPatou Posts: 46 Member
    @Julyvee94, I have been reading all the info you posted here and for sure it inspired me not to give up on my simlit legacy story.

Many thank for compiling all this info for us.

Cheers!
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    edited January 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by SimmerSuper6464 on
  • Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    Thank you for putting all of this together, it was encouraging to read and really helped me :)
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• lornavegaSimlornavegaSim Posts: 16 Member
    i for one prefer to let my sims do their doing, then i take screenshots of the highlights and blog about it, nice guide! thanks for sharing.
  • TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    I cant decide if I want to use wordpress or weebly for my stories. I know nothing about either but wordpress seems to be what everyone uses...Does it allow for multiple storys to be put on it? Because I want to make a couple legacy/challenge stories over time but the only person Ive actively read has several different wordpresses for their stories. I read the thing that weebly does but If wordpress is easier for people to follow/use whatever then Im fine with doing that if it also allows for multiple things but I dont know much of anything on this stuff. Only Thing I know is that, independent of what website I use I will be posting on a separate tumblr whenever I update(Not the whole update but like a short thing going "hey I updated so and so story") any help is appreciated ;-; thanks
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
  • tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    I cant decide if I want to use wordpress or weebly for my stories. I know nothing about either but wordpress seems to be what everyone uses...Does it allow for multiple storys to be put on it? Because I want to make a couple legacy/challenge stories over time but the only person Ive actively read has several different wordpresses for their stories. I read the thing that weebly does but If wordpress is easier for people to follow/use whatever then Im fine with doing that if it also allows for multiple things but I dont know much of anything on this stuff. Only Thing I know is that, independent of what website I use I will be posting on a separate tumblr whenever I update(Not the whole update but like a short thing going "hey I updated so and so story") any help is appreciated ;-; thanks

Wordpress and Weebly will allow you to post multiple stories. But since I haven't had the opportunity to try Weebly, I guess you'd better go for Wordpress as it's really user-friendly. Remember that there's 2 Wordpress blog sites out there: Wordpress.com (the free one) and Wordpress.org (the paid one). I personally use Blogspot and Wordpress.org for my blogs as they provide more freedom in terms of customization.

• tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    Hi guys, I'm an aspiring Simlit writer and have already drafted several chapters for my first story. However, there are some things that I need your help with.

1. Aside from Andrew Pose Player and 🐸🐸🐸🐸, what other pose mods that you can recommend? I am especially after group poses and romantic poses.
    2. Any mod to control pets?
    3. Any mod to control sim guests and visitors?
    4. Any other mods that you can recommend to make simlit writing easier and more creative?

Your help is very much appreciated.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

I love WordPress. It's easy to use, easy to customize, and free. I've got multiple stories on my site (I've got seven major completed works--one has over 100 chapters), and I've got about 20 other works-in-progress. This one WordPress site has over 1099 posts! So, yes, one WordPress site can hold a lot! Now, I don't host all my pictures there--I have other WordPress sites where I host the pictures, then I just copy the code over to the main site. I do have a few stand-alone stories on separate WordPress sites, but really, just the one big mega-site has worked really good for me!

You can see the lay-out of the homepage and the menus/navigation bars here: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/

So, as a writer, it's convenient and easy!

But, for me, the real advantages come from being a reader! Most of the stories I follow are on WordPress, so I use the WordPress Reader App on my mobile reader. It makes it easy and fun to keep up with the stories (I read and follow over a hundred!) and it makes it super easy to "Like" and comment on the stories, too! What's even better is the WordPress community. WordPress will suggest "related posts," by other writers, so I've found a lot of really great blogs that way. And through reading each other's stories and commenting on them, a lot of friendships have developed!

I do follow a few weebly and blogspot stories, too, but it's a little extra work for me since they don't automatically pop up in my reader, so I sometimes fall behind on them.

I know that weebly and blogspot have avid fans--and so does Tumblr! So, whichever you choose, you'll find others who also like it! :)

Oh! Another neat thing about WordPress is that you can set it up to automatically post your posts to Twitter, facebook, and Tumblr.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top