Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

did they make it where teens can't die ?

please say no :'(:'(:/:(
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    They can die, but not emotional death I think. That was changed with Parenthood when mood swings were added.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    they can't die any more guys now they can only get singed they can't catch on fire anymore I feel like crying
    how could they do that why would they do that as far as I know no one was making a stink about
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    I'm pretty sure they can, but not from emotions. Parenthood introduced new phases and moods which bring with them strong emotions like enraged or mortified. So now they won't die from them.
    edited January 2018
    no they can't not any more my teen was stand in the fire in a locked room he couldn't even catch on fire all he got was the singed moodlet @JoieWilder @Tomatplante
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I once had a teen die on a date from being too playful. But this was a while ago...
  • EmontheinternetEmontheinternet Posts: 10 New Member
    My teen died of fire just the other day, so maybe your game is glitching?
    My teen died of fire just the other day, so maybe your game is glitching?

maybe could someone else test and see
  • ZilogManZilogMan Posts: 57 Member
    Why do you want to kill your Sims ! If you want to kill stuff , play Wolfenstein and shoot/blow up zombie 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Or get your violent impulses out in a guilt free way by playing a Middle Earth themed hack n' slash game and chop limbs off a few Orcs !

I one of my Sims had a son or daughter I really couldn't stand, I'd just age them up with a birthday cake and have them move out, to a different neighborhood, wait for relationship culling to do its job..
  • BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    It must be a bug, even kids can die. Not that I tried! I just got a ghost child from the wishing well :P
    It must be a bug, even kids can die. Not that I tried! I just got a ghost child from the wishing well :P

no they can't
    ZilogMan wrote: »
    Why do you want to kill your Sims ! If you want to kill stuff , play Wolfenstein and shoot/blow up zombie plum. Or get your violent impulses out in a guilt free way by playing a Middle Earth themed hack n' slash game and chop limbs off a few Orcs !

I one of my Sims had a son or daughter I really couldn't stand, I'd just age them up with a birthday cake and have them move out, to a different neighborhood, wait for relationship culling to do its job..

its not about killing them its about having the chance they could die and become a ghost for a story
    or just be in some kind of danger
  • BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    They can drown

the well does that but I think its the only way to get a kid ghost now
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited January 2018
    Ok. There's a lot of arguing whether children and teens can die or not.
    They should be able to. Children should be able to die by fire, drowning, steam (sauna) and pufferfish. Teens should be able to die by every way possible except emotions, over-exertion and old age. Toddlers and babies cannot die.
    So I did a test here and here are the results:
    For this morbid experiment, I have: A small closed room with fireworks, a pool, a sauna (Spa Day) and a kitchen for making the Pufferfish Nigiri (City Living). I had 8 sims: 4 teens and 4 children. Here's what happend:
    In the small room, I had a teen lighting the fireworks, starting a fire. I directed them to move near the fire and between the fires in order to get them burning. A teen and a child both died.
    In the pool, I had 2 sims get in and then built a fence around it. Then after their energy need got empty, they both drowned.
    In the sauna, I had a child and a teen be there untill they became uncomfortabe from it. Then I put them back, they both died shortly after.
    After having a teen learn the Pufferfish Nigiri, I had him make a group meal for 8 in poor quality and have a child and a teen eat it. Teen died but child survived. However, I have had this death on child before, so I say it is possible.
    Wow. After that, I am sad seeing the virtual people's childhood get ruined. I think I'll play the normal game now!

I don't know why the teens and children cannot die in your game. It might have been caused by mods and CC, so remove them, repair the game in Origin (Right-click on the game) and test it out. It may be a bug that causes your game to see every single death as an emotional death, so you'll need to repair the game if you want to continue with sad plot twists.
    Trust me, I run a tutorial channel on YouTube so lying here would be the worst crime for me.

Another detail I have seen is that when a child or teen dies and joins the household, their grade at school is F. Improve it so child won't be taken away (which is seen as a death by game).
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    In addition to repairing your game and removing mods, delete your localthumbecache file. This file, for some reason, can glitch things when any changes are made to the game. I've gotten into the habit of deleting it every single time I patch, install a new pack, or add or remove any mods/cc. I also delete the files in my cache folder regularly to reduce bloating.

But it definitely sounds like a glitch in your game. Sometimes even a piece of cc can disrupt normal game flow. That's why it's important to test your game without any mods or cc first, to see if that corrects the problem.

Good luck, and I hope you find the issue.
    #Team Occult
    thanks guys
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sim Guru Graham implied that kids can die if they are doing laundry and the lint tray catches fire. Not sure about teens in non laundry circumstances. It’s pretty hard to kill sims.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sim Guru Graham implied that kids can die if they are doing laundry and the lint tray catches fire. Not sure about teens in non laundry circumstances. It’s pretty hard to kill sims.

Yeah. Too hard :angry::disappointed:
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Yeah. Too hard :angry::disappointed:

Remember when having ghosts on your lot was a actual risk?
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • LadyMcCrackenLadyMcCracken Posts: 31 Member
    I'm still on the "Every Sim should be able to die" train, because you know, that's how life works.
  • kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    Can babies and toddlers die?
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    kjkjkj123 wrote: »
    Can babies and toddlers die?

Nope
    giphy_1.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    they can't die any more guys now they can only get singed they can't catch on fire anymore I feel like crying
    how could they do that why would they do that as far as I know no one was making a stink about

Are you certain? If so, then I feel your pain. Not that I go around trying to kill off my Sims, no matter what their age. But, in order for this game to be a true life simulation, the Devs need to remember, death is a part of life. None of us can escape it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Are you certain? If so, then I feel your pain. Not that I go around trying to kill off my Sims, no matter what their age. But, in order for this game to be a true life simulation, the Devs need to remember, death is a part of life. None of us can escape it.

I agree I really enjoy my sims but they need danger if one dies and I don't want them to I just won't save
    @GalacticGal
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    In addition to repairing your game and removing mods, delete your localthumbecache file. This file, for some reason, can glitch things when any changes are made to the game. I've gotten into the habit of deleting it every single time I patch, install a new pack, or add or remove any mods/cc. I also delete the files in my cache folder regularly to reduce bloating.

But it definitely sounds like a glitch in your game. Sometimes even a piece of cc can disrupt normal game flow. That's why it's important to test your game without any mods or cc first, to see if that corrects the problem.

Good luck, and I hope you find the issue.

Thanks. Good to know about the localthumbecache file.