Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All packs prices increased by on many countries

Comments

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    EA is calling for piracy, with this increase at poor economies
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Strangely it happens before the last quarter of the fiscal year 2018... and before GP06 is released.
    Only TS4 is concerned ? The other games will keep their current prices ???

Note: The FY18 Q3 results will be announced at the end of the month.

Andrew Wilson - Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO & Director
    The Sims is a very valuable brand for us, a very valuable IP

Yeah it's almost like they're a corporation or something.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    I went looking at the store and the price of stuff packs seems to have increased by 3 bucks from 9.99 to 12.99 (canadian). When did this happen?
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    I went looking at the store and the price of stuff packs seems to have increased by 3 bucks from 9.99 to 12.99 (canadian). When did this happen?

Happened recently. Other threads have asked the exact same question. Here is their only answer that I know of. Don't think they've commented further.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
    edited January 2018
    [Profanity removed] well I guess the only time I will be buying from now on is during sales....and maybe I already have all I need to play the game. Their reason for the increase is bogus and I am not falling for it
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Their was an announcement on one of the game sites that EA were increasing their prices.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    they better have the stuff packs on sale now because no one want to pay the price they are at the moment. i would if they were 9.99 canadain but not 12.99 it's not worth the price plus you don't get much for the price either
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    I hope we start seeing Stuff pack sales I love stuff packs but Im not paying more money for them. Im still waiting for the table swatches to be fixed from Movie hangout stuff. I haven't been able to switch colours for months now.
    I bought laundry day to find it has bugs if you place shelving near the washer. I cant use stacked washer dryer. I can only use the separated machines just to get them to work. They want me to pay £9.99 for a stuff pack that has been complete for months and it still has these bugs??? Not worth the full price tag!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited January 2018
    Strangely it happens before the last quarter of the fiscal year 2018... and before GP06 is released.

Just I meant "When foreign exchange rates, currency values, and regional markets change, we have to update our prices." isn't a valid argue.

EA got the reputation to often lie to the customers.

Just I meant "When foreign exchange rates, currency values, and regional markets change, we have to update our prices." isn't a valid argue.

Considering the HUGE tax cuts that American corporations just got from GOP, I don't buy this crap they are trying to sell us about exchange rates and market changes.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Considering the HUGE tax cuts that American corporations just got from GOP, I don't buy this plum they are trying to sell us about exchange rates and market changes.

They're just doing the ole' corporate price gauging on foreign countries in the belief that those other countries are stupid enough not to make a fuss, and plus even if they make a fuss, you think EA is going to gladly change them back? NO, they won't, bc they're a major corporation and doesn't really need to listen to us, only for the money in our pockets.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Considering the HUGE tax cuts that American corporations just got from GOP, I don't buy this plum they are trying to sell us about exchange rates and market changes.

If you honestly believe that tax cuts in America will hold any sway over prices in a country not using US dollars you need to study economy. And pay a little more attention to how real life works.

I'm sorry but what?
    This is a PERFECTLY reasonable, believable, and logical explanation. It is a very solid argument.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Yeah here in the UK the price for the packs have gone up, for example a stuff pack is now £9.99 from £7.99 which in my opinion is unjustified. If it was a price rise to say £8.50 I would be less annoyed. It would be fair enough if we was all earning more but we aren't.
    source_1.gif

Well... The British people chose to decrease the value of their currency on purpose. That's what happens. It's basic economics.

Don't say it like we all chose to.
    giphy_1.gif
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited January 2018
    Poor EA that would go bankrupt without adjusting its prices to serve the nasty and evil capitalism which holds the company hostage.

C'mon, how many copies (digital licenses) sold are necessary to pay off largely the cost of producing them? A few thousands? They are not increasing because they need, but rather 'cause they don't accept turning their profit of, I don't know, 500% to 400%.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018

They're just doing the ole' corporate price gauging on foreign countries in the belief that those other countries are stupid enough not to make a fuss, and plus even if they make a fuss, you think EA is going to gladly change them back? NO, they won't, bc they're a major corporation and doesn't really need to listen to us, only for the money in our pockets.

Not true - they are an international Company and have no choice but to adhere to international laws. When other countries demand more taxes or higher exchange rates, EA must raise their prices to cover those taxes/prices in those countries as they are not allowed to drastically cut the cost on on the product other wise they are undercutting like Corporations (which they can't do thanks to fair trade laws) and stock holders. EA does hold a lot of sales which does help the players - but sales are also controlled to a big degree.

You own a public company that deals internationally - well - you have to follow the laws. EA gains nothing in the higher prices as they have actually managed to keep their prices the same or less than even Sims 3 prices - which as anyone know who lives here in the USA in particular almost nothing stays the same or goes down over those number of years but EA managed to balance it out - even cut the price of SPs in half for Sims 4.

But like it or not - laws have to be adhered to - here in the USA and abroad.

If EA was just raising their prices for their own pocket then the prices would have raised in all countries - keep that in mind. But if prices are higher in your own countries - then blame your countries.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Yeah here in the UK the price for the packs have gone up, for example a stuff pack is now £9.99 from £7.99 which in my opinion is unjustified. If it was a price rise to say £8.50 I would be less annoyed. It would be fair enough if we was all earning more but we aren't.
    source_1.gif

Well... The British people chose to decrease the value of their currency on purpose. That's what happens. It's basic economics.

Don't say it like we all chose to.

Oh I know you didn't. Not even within England.
    But it shows an important lesson: Always. Vote.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited January 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Not true - they are an international Company and have no choice but to adhere to international laws. When other countries demand more taxes or higher exchange rates, EA must raise their prices to cover those taxes/prices in those countries as they are not allowed to drastically cut the cost on on the product other wise they are undercutting like Corporations (which they can't do thanks to fair trade laws) and stock holders. EA does hold a lot of sales which does help the players - but sales are also controlled to a big degree.

You own a public company that deals internationally - well - you have to follow the laws. EA gains nothing in the higher prices as they have actually managed to keep their prices the same or less than even Sims 3 prices - which as anyone know who lives here in the USA in particular almost nothing stays the same or goes down over those number of years but EA managed to balance it out - even cut the price of SPs in half for Sims 4.

But like it or not - laws have to be adhered to - here in the USA and abroad.

If EA was just raising their prices for their own pocket then the prices would have raised in all countries - keep that in mind. But if prices are higher in your own countries - then blame your countries.

We could justify literally anything with those words. By doing it, we're just accepting the status quo - it only works for who's already in advantage, a privilege many don't have.

Somewhere along way the ol' mighty EA chose to not incorporate all these alleged new taxes in their accounts and repass it do us so their 4,1(??) billions don't become 4,0. We're arguing like the dance of EA were the only possible steps to move ourselves.

It becomes even more unacceptable to me, personally, when I realize I'm not even paying 100% more because of The Sims per se, but more possibily in order to cover the economic failure of dozens of games they launched and are planning to launch, which mostly I won't ever touch.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    Look, it's very simple.
    Companies are not "🐸🐸🐸🐸" because they maintain a profit margin.
    The reality here is that with currency changes the value of the product goes down. So they have to compensate.

Let me try to explain it another way:
    The cost of the pack has not increased. It's what you are trading it for that has decreased in value.

That you're not willing to accept that doesn't change the facts.
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    yes, almost 20 years of The Sims and they increase the prices right in the iteration with the worst performance. what a coincidence!
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Wow, it feels like things have taken a downward turn here.
    I think it is safe to say that yes there are many of us that are not happy with the sudden up in price, which yes is EA's fault. They should have had that message about the prices going up on this forum too as many of us, myself included, don't ever go to EA's main website. Yes, I was super excited about the SP and yes, I was disappointed that the prices went up as I can not justify the new prices. Like I would understand these prices if I was getting a CD with it and not just a piece of paper or a digital download.
    I think now it is time to stop pointing the finger and it is time to move on (I can hear the boo's already). Just do what I am doing, I am waiting until it comes to another site for a cheaper price. Also, who knows, with the prices being higher the SP's might go on sale when origin have their sales, you never know what could happen.
    I sadly think that we can moan and complain as much as we like but sadly I don't think the prices will change anytime soon.
    EA...bankrupt? I don't think it will happen for some time (sadly in this day and age you never know what will go next).
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2018
    yes, almost 20 years of The Sims and they increase the prices right in the iteration with the worst performance. what a coincidence!

They had a more significant price rise during The Sims 2.

Also, The Sims 4 is much cheaper than The Sims 3 (and in some cases Sims 3) in general.

Remember, EA had a price cut with The Sims 4. Stuff Packs were half the price while offering more content.

Game Packs are (and still are) better value than the Stuff Packs from the other games.

And let’s not even bring The Sims 2 or Sims 3 store into it.

The Sims 4 started with a significant price cut, so this doesn’t surprise me.

I DO think EA should keep pricing the same until the end of the game, but a lot of other games have seen similar experiences.

Lastly, you have no way of knowing how The Sims 4 is performing that confidently.
    However, it’s topped the PC charts since it launched, which The Sims 3 only managed to do once.

And now EA feel confident enough to port every pack to console when The Sims 3 console port of Ambitions and WA were scrapped and what was worked on so far was shoved into Pets.

And now EA are launching a mobile game based on the Sims 4.

So....
    edited January 2018

I'm sorry but what?
    This is a PERFECTLY reasonable, believable, and logical explanation. It is a very solid argument.

As I said why Spain and Italy prices should increase when Greece prices (€uro zone) won't increase, the currency value is the same.
    "When foreign exchange rates, currency values, and regional markets change" in all the €uro zone, not only in Spain and in Italy.

It's same to say : US dollar value changed only in the states of California and New York.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    edited January 2018
    Well all I know is that I can't buy an expansion pack for the same price I bought the base game and I can't buy a gp for the same price of an expansion pack and I definitely won't buy a stuff pack for the price of a gp

Not saying I blame EA specifically..truth Is they had to do what they had to do...but I have a choice and I'm not buying
    Well all I know is that I can't buy an expansion pack for the same price I bought the base game and I can't buy a gp for the same price of an expansion pack and I definitely won't buy a stuff pack for the price of a go

And with the 50% off sales, would you buy a pack at the same price as before ?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top