Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Neko_wa wrote: »
    I have a big problem. My sim had a cat but recently got pregnant so I decided to put the cat up for adoption. Since than, the cat is still in my sims house but I can't travel, go into build mode or go into CAS. Worst of all, I can't save. I don't know what to do.

Hello @Neko_wa
    Other simmers have also had this issue. I am sorry :( but you will need to exit the game without saving and lose your progress from when you last saved :(
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-adoption-person-won-t-leave-adoption-selling-neglect/m-p/6415457#M50543
  • Neko_waNeko_wa Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you!!
  • DenimChloeDenimChloe Posts: 58 Member
    I have a bug with CAS. It's not game breaking or anything, at least to me. But when I go to edit my sims, I cannot change the relationships. Yes, I've done cas.fulleditmode before going into CAS. I can change everything else but the relationship. To clarify, when I first make a couple of sims, I can make them siblings/partners/whatever, but after I save them to my game and go back to edit them, I cannot change the relationship, like lets say I decided to make the roommates, husband and wife. I can't do that. I hope I'm being clear enough.
    DenimChloe wrote: »
    I have a bug with CAS. It's not game breaking or anything, at least to me. But when I go to edit my sims, I cannot change the relationships. Yes, I've done cas.fulleditmode before going into CAS. I can change everything else but the relationship. To clarify, when I first make a couple of sims, I can make them siblings/partners/whatever, but after I save them to my game and go back to edit them, I cannot change the relationship, like lets say I decided to make the roommates, husband and wife. I can't do that. I hope I'm being clear enough.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Does it occur with all sims households that you want to change or certain ones?
    If you have MC Command Center mod, it enables you to easily change relationships.
    Another workaround is to use the last cheat in the relationships section of this cheats guide
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships
    > @rosemow said:
    > DenimChloe wrote: »
    >
    > I have a bug with CAS. It's not game breaking or anything, at least to me. But when I go to edit my sims, I cannot change the relationships. Yes, I've done cas.fulleditmode before going into CAS. I can change everything else but the relationship. To clarify, when I first make a couple of sims, I can make them siblings/partners/whatever, but after I save them to my game and go back to edit them, I cannot change the relationship, like lets say I decided to make the roommates, husband and wife. I can't do that. I hope I'm being clear enough.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue. Does it occur with all sims households that you want to change or certain ones?
    > If you have MC Command Center mod, it enables you to easily change relationships.
    > Another workaround is to use the last cheat in the relationships section of this cheats guide
    > h.t.t.p.s://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships

It does occur with all sims households that I want to change. I do have the MCCC mod, but would you have to be playing that family in order to change the relationship? Anyways, like I said, it's not gamebreaking to me. I have been known to delete and remake the sim or leave it be. I just wonder if this is a bug and if this will be fixed.

I had to modify the link in order to post this since I cannot post links yet.
    DenimChloe wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > DenimChloe wrote: »
    >
    > I have a bug with CAS. It's not game breaking or anything, at least to me. But when I go to edit my sims, I cannot change the relationships. Yes, I've done cas.fulleditmode before going into CAS. I can change everything else but the relationship. To clarify, when I first make a couple of sims, I can make them siblings/partners/whatever, but after I save them to my game and go back to edit them, I cannot change the relationship, like lets say I decided to make the roommates, husband and wife. I can't do that. I hope I'm being clear enough.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue. Does it occur with all sims households that you want to change or certain ones?
    > If you have MC Command Center mod, it enables you to easily change relationships.
    > Another workaround is to use the last cheat in the relationships section of this cheats guide
    > h.t.t.p.s://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships

It does occur with all sims households that I want to change. I do have the MCCC mod, but would you have to be playing that family in order to change the relationship? Anyways, like I said, it's not gamebreaking to me. I have been known to delete and remake the sim or leave it be. I just wonder if this is a bug and if this will be fixed.

I had to modify the link in order to post this since I cannot post links yet.

Hello @DenimChloe
    You don’t need to be playing the sims household to change the relatiobships using MCCC mod.
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you post on the thread, there are helpful simmers there that will help to tell you the settings for changing relationships.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

Thank you for your help @rosemow
  • CDXOCDXO Posts: 4 New Member
    ****FAMILY TREE BUG****
    I dont run mods or CC in game, but recently, my family tree is showing members of my family that should be dead as alive, they aren't greyed out at all. Recent deaths are showing up grey, but not all. I dont have tombstones for all sims as some died off lot. Its really frustrating, it gets confusing as to who is dead and who is still alive! Please fix this in the next patch!
    I have googled, and it seems to have been a problem back in 2014, then it was resolved, but appears to be happening again!
    CDXO wrote: »
    ****FAMILY TREE BUG****
    I dont run mods or CC in game, but recently, my family tree is showing members of my family that should be dead as alive, they aren't greyed out at all. Recent deaths are showing up grey, but not all. I dont have tombstones for all sims as some died off lot. Its really frustrating, it gets confusing as to who is dead and who is still alive! Please fix this in the next patch!
    I have googled, and it seems to have been a problem back in 2014, then it was resolved, but appears to be happening again!

Hello @CDXO
    Other simmers are also having these issues, You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Dead-Sims-look-alive-in-the-familytree/m-p/6433445#M52118
  • im_tntim_tnt Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay so.

I do <b>not</b> play with mods. So I know it's not that.
    But the woohoo and try for baby options are missing from several of my sims but not others.

<b>The sims who I want to woohoo are at 100/100 relationship.</b>

Things I have tried to fix this:
    - Moved the broken sims into a household where it works to see if they get the option back
    - reset the sims
    - started a new game with the same sims popped in from the gallery
    - gone into CAS and edited them to be married.
    - gone into CAS, aged them down the children, left CAS, gone back into CAS and aged them back to YA.

This is strange to me because yesterday they COULD woohoo. But now they can't.
    im_tnt wrote: »
    Okay so.

I do not play with mods. So I know it's not that.
    But the woohoo and try for baby options are missing from several of my sims but not others.

The sims who I want to woohoo are at 100/100 relationship.

Things I have tried to fix this:
    - Moved the broken sims into a household where it works to see if they get the option back
    - reset the sims
    - started a new game with the same sims popped in from the gallery
    - gone into CAS and edited them to be married.
    - gone into CAS, aged them down the children, left CAS, gone back into CAS and aged them back to YA.

This is strange to me because yesterday they COULD woohoo. But now they can't.

Hello @im_tnt
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Check their gender settings to make sure that one sim is set to able to get pregnant and the other one is set to make another sim pregnant.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • im_tntim_tnt Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello @im_tnt
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    >
    > Check their gender settings to make sure that one sim is set to able to get pregnant and the other one is set to make another sim pregnant.
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Hi, and thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately neither option worked. Their gender settings are correct. I really don't know what's causing this :( It's very disappointing. Here's hoping it's patched or clears up soon.
    im_tnt wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello @im_tnt
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    >
    > Check their gender settings to make sure that one sim is set to able to get pregnant and the other one is set to make another sim pregnant.
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Hi, and thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately neither option worked. Their gender settings are correct. I really don't know what's causing this :( It's very disappointing. Here's hoping it's patched or clears up soon.

Hello
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game , that is from when you played yesterday, and see if they have the options in that save game version. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I'm trying to save all of my lots to my gallery, but I can't save apartments?? only rooms?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    thank you
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • OngakuOngaku Posts: 3 New Member
    Having an issue where when im building in the basement and try to zoom in, there is a white thin line box floating in the air (presumably on the same level as the main ground level) and when i zoom in or move the camera around while zoomed in, it catches on this box and raises the level of the camera. almost like theres a ceiling it cant go under. I have NO clue how to fix it. Even tried restarting w/o saving.

BTW
    Most frustrating system to deter Spambots EVER =_=; really not practical and i could see how many people probably new users are being dissuaded from participating and seeking help on these forms. EA should follow blizzards forms, much easier.
    Ongaku wrote: »
    Having an issue where when im building in the basement and try to zoom in, there is a white thin line box floating in the air (presumably on the same level as the main ground level) and when i zoom in or move the camera around while zoomed in, it catches on this box and raises the level of the camera. almost like theres a ceiling it cant go under. I have NO clue how to fix it. Even tried restarting w/o saving.

BTW
    Most frustrating system to deter Spambots EVER =_=; really not practical and i could see how many people probably new users are being dissuaded from participating and seeking help on these forms. EA should follow blizzards forms, much easier.

Hello @Ongaku
    Try testing by building in the basement of another lot and see if the same issue occurs.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • OngakuOngaku Posts: 3 New Member
    Seems its only for that lot and the camera in the other lot moved a lot faster too. when i went back into that lot it acter even more strange and started slecting whole rooms with the weird round 3d arrows that let you change the size of them. also no mods, simple new player not done a whole lot in game but dont want to restart
    edited January 2018
    Ongaku wrote: »
    Seems its only for that lot and the camera in the other lot moved a lot faster too. when i went back into that lot it acter even more strange and started slecting whole rooms with the weird round 3d arrows that let you change the size of them. also no mods, simple new player not done a whole lot in game but dont want to restart

If sims live there, have the sims move to another home. Then have them move back to the original home and see if that helps.
    Try changing between sims 3 and sims 4 camera style and see if that helps with the issue.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Pets sometimes seem to stretch (kinda like in TS3) with a ''changing'' animation and sound.
  • AnimatoJoeAnimatoJoe Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I just joined so I don't think I can start a new thread. But I have found a couple of issues with the new Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack! Firstly the Havana Brown cat breed in game is showing up highly reflective. My games options are set to almost all High resolutions with only a few being set at Medium. So I dont believe it is a user settings issue (but I could be wrong). The reflections are consistent, I zoomed in on the cat during game play to get some pictures of what I was seeing and while doing so the reflections temporarily went away in steps, then returned to highly reflective when I zoomed out. Unfortunately I don't see a way to attach any pictures to show the issue.
    The second issue I found is that the "Arch Support" doorway has a few pixels of wall texture that is not being masked out by the door frame. Its near the area I would imagine a door handle could be if it was a door rather than a doorway. Again I have images but don't see a way to attach them. :/