Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What ageing setting do you play with your pets?

AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
I play with ageing off cos I don't like seeing them get old and die but I'm gonna put aging on for my vampires so I can see how old the vampires get.

What ageing setting do you play with your pets? 77 votes

Ageing on
37%
Jeanbandit5xbecky685xjonilla1simlishtrdrake_mccartyshygirlNiLLAladybreidDarckatJennyggKatiardguezChelleJoernesdoFrancl27fiercephoenix91Winifred_WillowAngelEb95aujinehBooV7227 29 votes
Ageing off
31%
IcewolfWitchirissimgirl1010whyaccessdetermigjimmysnanRavager619LoriTSp5782341b77vlannaliese39LumiastaLoves2draw1812catmando830sof2106MasonGamerEnkiSchmidtLiELFMDianaSimstmcevoy1121AllieSootie 24 votes
Ageing on Active Household
19%
MartinvSimpatsyanncchant86zagboorulesduhboy2u2ChampandGirlieInternal_ChaosScobremusteniEgonVMsamemieparadiseplanethorseypotatoNeko_waLaira 15 votes
Ageing on Played Households
1%
AmySims09 1 vote
Other (Leave a comment)
10%
IceyJSasquatch7Bagoas77SilentSpy0poltergeistNorthDakotaGamerFirandeCommaSplice 8 votes

Comments

• ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Ageing on
    Aging on but I go to cas to age my pets down since I don't want to see them die
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Elleysims wrote: »
    Aging on but I go to cas to age my pets down since I don't want to see them die

Same.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Aging of for active households.
    PS. Vampires that are young adult or older won't age. So they won't age even when aging is on unless mods are used...
    (And then you reveal that you use the mod and I'll disappear embarrassed...)
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Oh my goddd I did the poll wrong again! I didn't put Ageing off for Active Households or Ageing off for Played Households D:

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other (Leave a comment)
    I have some files with aging on, some with just active played household, and the files my kids play on my computer have aging off. It depends on what type of accomplishment I want.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Other (Leave a comment)
    my not so berry save and legacy saves need to have aging on and i have some pets in those saves, so they will die eventually.
    but i do have a save with a challenge i made revolving around vampires and some of them have pets so i turned aging off to pretend those pets are immortal too.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Ageing off
    I always play with aging off because I don't want any of my sims and pets to age or die.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I think there's an option that only non-played households age, if I remember. If so, that's the one I picked. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Ageing off
    I always play with aging off because I don't want any of my sims and pets to age or die.

Ditto. Aging off for the last 17 years. :p I eventually age my sims manually to elder but that's where it stops.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I love to see what happens from generation to generation so I always play aging on current household but it feels like the unplayed households always age faster than my current does so I only do it for current household/active household.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Other (Leave a comment)
    I play with Aging off for Played Households. So my un-played pets will age, but the played ones live forever... I actually kind of wish I could have separate aging settings for pets, though, because I do age my played households - I just age 'em manually. So I would like to see my pets age, too.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Ageing on
    Aging on. Normal lifespan. I do wish there was a way to manually change a lifespan length without mods though, normal is too short, long way too long.
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    Other (Leave a comment)
    I have aging on for the save I play the most, but I keep a supply of age-down treats on hand so the pets get to stay young.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Ageing on
    I always play with aging on. I get bored of playing the same sims and like to play generational challenges. I've already had a pet die in one of my saves—it was disappointing. I was hoping they would get one of those sweet animations with the Grim Reaper hugging them and playing with them like in past games, but the pet just remains motionless on the floor like an elder sim until Grim swings his scythe and they disappear.
  • SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
    Other (Leave a comment)
    I play with Aging Off but I keep track of story and age up my Sims and pets accordingly.

Generally, once a generation gets to Young Adult, I keep things pretty static until some or most of them have had babies. Likewise for pets, although I haven't aged any pets to elder yet, just up from kitten/puppy.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Ageing off
    If I don't want to see my Sims die I certainly refuse to see my pets die :P
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I play with aging on, but I have not played with pets long enough to see them die.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Ageing off
    Aging off for my played Sims and their pets, I wouldn't want to see my pets die.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Ageing off
    Age off. If I want a Sim to "grow up", I'll do it manually.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • MythicBiscuitMythicBiscuit Posts: 32 Member
    Ageing on
    Always ageing on!
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Other (Leave a comment)
    The challenge I'm doing dictates aging on normal so that's what's happening. In non-challenge games, I usually play with aging on long. Pets or no pets.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Ageing off
    Aging off, i feel like on the Longest Cycle it is still too short.
    for all sims, Also I believe in gradual aging, I wish I can celebrate birthdays blow out the candles and keep them as the same life stage without going into cas and turning back the clock
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KippuKippu Posts: 119 Member
    Ageing on
    Ageing on, but I make their life span the longest possible so I might as well have it off lol
    oof
  • lanasimmerlanasimmer Posts: 137 Member
    Ageing off
    Aging off because I like the current ages of all my sims so I don't want any of them to age up as it will ruin my stories
    origin id: lanathesimmer