Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Akira Kibo has gone nuts and is non-stop cooking on a grill

My Sims were double-dating and noticed Akira Kibo had cooked up a plate of tofu dogs and a plate of grilled fruit. So, we decided to lend a hand to eat the goodies; however, Akira Kibo is not eating a thing, he is simply cooking new dish after new dish after new dish. He has done hamburgers, veggie burgers, frank and beans, more veggie burgers, hot dogs, etc, etc.

Has anyone seen a Sim do this? I mean what's he producing all of the food for? He is basically doing this at the grill on the muddy beach behind the Willow Creek museum.

Can a Sim go mental?

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Was he a hired cook at one time? Either for a restaurant or a party? Can't you talk to him and make him stop? Maybe it would jar him out of the loop.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    He eventually stopped after making 10 party/family size meals. He ran out of room to put stuff down and he walked away like his life was ending - ie he had the sad, down and out, walk and just walked off up the grassy bank into oblivion.

I'm not worried about him, I was more worried he would glitch the game with his rabid cooking.

Let's hope he gets run over or something.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    If he or any other sim gets stuck like that try turning on debug and resetting him.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    One of my vampire sims actually does this at home. I guess because he has nothing else to do with all his powers. As long as I did not tell him what to do, he either grills or makes drinks. I guess sims can develop their own hobbies.
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    omg he did this in my game too! It was insane!

5zXRWsS.png

dnsG5Xz.png
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    he knows what women want and that's nonstop food
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Maybe he wants to be a chef instead of art critic(I think that is his given career). He is trying to let everyone know his true passion...lol
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    Some objects are "stickier" than others, and sims will prefer using them if autonomy settings allow it. Club behaviors and lot traits can force certain behaviors too. For example, the Homey lot trait will cause sims to repeatedly queue up objects on the woodworking bench. These behaviors tend to be more annoying than game breaking. Some mods will suppress annoying behaviors. Changing the traits or other settings can help sometimes too.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    ysa88 wrote: »

5zXRWsS.png

dnsG5Xz.png

Your pic is from The Spice Festival. There is always a sim grilling next to the spicy food competition. That is normal at that venue.
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    He does it in normal days too though. It's the fact he doesn't stop and the food goes uneaten it's weird!
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Check this sucker out:
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Akira_Kibo

He is not even cook-minded!

Level 2 cooking.

Gaming and Singing is what is rodent brain should be thinking about.
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    I found a Sim doing this at one of the parks the whole table was filled with food which was excellent. She worked at my Chez Llama as the Hostess. I thought it was odd at the time but didn't question it but having seen this post I wanted to comment.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I think, based on the vast amount of evidence from a vast amount of Simmers, we can consider Akira Kibo a potential fire hazard to let into a Sim's house.

This guy could be a walking fire hazard if he is just going to start cooking like a nut-job.

If he shows up at your door, hide the cooker and the grill. Hide the fridge too.

In fact, just delete the front door to make sure he does not get in.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Marktn wrote: »
    ysa88 wrote: »

5zXRWsS.png

dnsG5Xz.png

Your pic is from The Spice Festival. There is always a sim grilling next to the spicy food competition. That is normal at that venue.

Haha, am I the only one who saw that food and thought 'Dang that all looks good" haha, too funny.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    he knows what women want and that's nonstop food

^ This.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Haha, am I the only one who saw that food and thought 'Dang that all looks good" haha, too funny.

Ummm... *raises hand* :D yum
  • Options
    IzaralliaIzarallia Posts: 13 New Member
    Omg, this just happened to me the other day!! I sent my sim jogging and went back to messing around with the active family. Then, I noticed she was taking a while coming back and she had stopped at the park to eat. When I looked there was food platters everywhere lol
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited January 2018
    On a side note, I miss the neighborhood grill a thons from ts3.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    If it is more than a one off, I'm thinking it may be a random glitch from the last patch. There is a game algorithm that will force a Sim to cook at least several meals. It happens when one staffs a caterer by phone, at restaurants of course, doing specific meals. Or yeah, it's also at the Spice Festival when one or two designated Sims start grilling as the one pic shows. If Akira wasn't at the Spice Festival in the OP's case, maybe the algorithm latched onto him somehow. It's rather handy unless it gets out of control, haha.
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    I don't mind this *bug* (If it is a bug) I send my sim to the picnic table and get her to pack all the free food into sack lunches :D Free food for days which comes with a happy moodlet :) . My sims never have to cook or spend money on food anymore. I love it!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Maybe he is a lost soul from CL that does all that cooking at the festivales for sims to sample the food - as there is always one of those people at every spice festival. They fill a table just like that and your sim can click on a plate - and get the option to take a plate - take a sample - etc.

Maybe he needs moved back to the City or something. Poor lost little sim.....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Word on the street is that Akira Kibo is feeding dead things.

Yeh, there seems to be an issue with dead Sims/pets coming back to life - something like that - and he appears to be leaving food for them because he feels sorry for them or is sad about it, etc.

A bit weird, but there you go.
  • Options
    fractiouspipfractiouspip Posts: 13 New Member
    I have this sim in my game. He's married to my founder sim and he has never done this. He does however make beautiful children and has been a great dad. He is tense 98% of the time though due to his jealous trait. He's an elder now.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    Reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/lIR68SbPg-U
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Ah, Akira Kibo and his tofu dogs. The reason my vegetarian sim, who started with 0 simoleans, is still alive and kicking. His tofu dogs were a, regular as clockwork, blessing. He cooked at both parks daily, where did he find the time!