Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What am I doing wrong?? Washing machine!

Comments

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    It seems if you put your laundry room in a basement it says there is no available washer on the lot? Anyone else experiencing this?

Is this true? I am about to build a laundry room in the basement because I don't really have anywhere else for it to go. If you can't use the washing machine I won't bother.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I had to move the shelves on top of it too. Hilarious considering it was Maxis' own laundry room that I installed on my lot...
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    It seems if you put your laundry room in a basement it says there is no available washer on the lot? Anyone else experiencing this?

Is this true? I am about to build a laundry room in the basement because I don't really have anywhere else for it to go. If you can't use the washing machine I won't bother.

I've got mine (the only one so far) in a basement and it works fine. I deliberately didn't put the shelf over the washer and dryer though based on the experiences people have had so far.
  • AvaSoryAvaSory Posts: 1 New Member
    I moved shelves and things, and repaired my game nothing worked until i moved the laundry room somewhere else! Hopefully they Fix this bug soon!
    <3
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Ah, forget all of that 'modern' stuff. LOL My very young couple bought a wash tub and a clothes line. It's cheap and environmentally sound, too. Besides, even though I gave up the 18th century cc clothing, et al, I can still pretend, can't I?

[img][/img]UfeX1Jl.jpg

[img][/img]BCJJ3Aa.jpg

What I really enjoyed is that once the tub was on their lot, when her hubby went to bed, suddenly, there was a pile of clothes on the floor. At first I thought one of the dogs had either upchucked or chewed something to bits, but upon hovering over it, the description of what it was was there. She had the option to sort the clothes. :) From there she washed them. I'm afraid I had taken the camera off of her after I directed her to hang up the clothes, (silly time for the dog to whelp), so I'll have to wait to see what that looks like.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ellsheatherellsheather Posts: 1 New Member
    I have had the same problem with my new build, it's only a tiny cottage and I put the washer and dryer next to each other in a corner. Wasn't working, I then moved them away from the walls ever so slightly by free moving (alt key moving) and now it's fixed? They're practically in the same spot but just not touching the walls like furniture does when it snaps into place.
  • anasangel12anasangel12 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="boopish;c-16267533"]Hey guys, I had a shelf above my washing machine and removing that shelf somehow allowed me to use the washing machine. [/quote]

Same! Mine was the shelf with the hangers on it. It was just a bit too low apparently. Also one of my baskets had it's arrow facing the wall, so I could not access the clothes from that bin. I just turned it and all is well now.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    At least you got it to install. I've received my order confirmation email and when I click on my library in origin, it shows I have a download. But when I click on it, it just shows the download arrow and words telling me I have a download. Above it is the play button. I can't seem to get anywhere near this SP. :/ HELP What am I doing wrong? Oh, nevermind, I figured it out. Seems you are obligated to click on 'extra content' and scroll down to it then you can download. I don't recall it being this complicated in the past. Sheesh!

Do you live in the US? Every single pack I buy instantly downloads as soon as the purchase is finished. I just go to my games and there it is downloading already.

• SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    Hey all - quick update on this. We're aware of it and looking into it. In examining it further, it's a riskier fix than we originally anticipated, that requires digging into some deeper parts of the game's code.

For those of you who choose to use the mod that someone in the community made as a fix, generally that'll serve you ok. A word of caution though... we implemented something we call "connectivity checks" for laundry. Essentially what that means is that, if a Sim goes around picking up laundry to put it in a hamper or to wash it, they run a test beforehand to ensure that they're able to route to each piece of laundry, and will only go to the ones they can successfully reach, while ignoring others they can't get to (such as a laundry pile that's behind a locked door). If you use the mod, it will disable these connectivity checks... so if you do things like locking doors for particular Sims in your home, you may experience your Sim having difficulty collecting all of the laundry on your lot, or will try to collect laundry multiple times and continue to fail.

The simplest solution that I'd recommend for the time being is to just not place a shelf above your washer/dryer units.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Another fix is simple enough, place the washer/dryer with alt further from the wall so that the back of it is not inside the wall.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    My laundry room is in the basement, no shelves above or near. I can do 2 loads of laundry and then option to do another load disappears ( all options are inactive) ,but hamper is almost full. And I never get to unload second load from the dryer. So basically I can do 2 washing cycles and 1.5 drying cycle and then this problem beggins. I fix it by buying new hamper to have another 2 load washed and 1.5 dryed.
    My mods are up to date.
    e02edaeefa45bd73ba4e1beb199ea673357.PNG
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Anyone having an issue with the dryer catching on fire? Even though I have fire alarms and prevention panels, it has caught on fire twice since my sim bought the stackable one. Then, even if i try to get the sim to move out of the way, they stand still in the fire and take a shower from being singed. So weird. I get a check from insurance company. There are also piles of laundry appearing every where.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2018
    I am having the same problem. Change lots but no laundry appearing in hampers even with washer and dryer on lot. Tried moving the washer/dryer...tried stacking...have no shelves....have hampers....repaired game...issues persist. :(
    Post edited by LexLennon on
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    So now my sims are dropping their laundry all over the house, because hamper is full and I still have no active options to do laundry. You can see 3 piles in this picture, but actually only two piles are dirty, one pile is clean !
    8d37a6b85e2ade4ec2fb229e33e15198414.PNG

When I click on dirty pile it gives me the option to wash it and that what my sim is doing. He is going with the bag of dirty laundry to the basement to load the machine, but he left clean pile on the floor. When he went downstairs he grabbed two more piles of dirty laundry.
    41a5790e7c7182642af9f3124a5f1f7b165.PNG

And as you can see, hamper is still full but no options to do anything with it.
    92c1292df113c490ceaade040df5feca478.PNG

I sent him back to the pile of clean clothes he left on the floor. When I clicked on it, it gave me an option to take it to the hamper. Why clean clothes are going on the floor or to the hamper ????? So right now I have 2 laundry baskets full of clean clothes and all dirty are dropped all over the house. Clean clothes are going to the hamper as long as I have enough space in it. But since I can't do anything with hampers, they are filling up fast and I need new one once last one is full. I went from one to two already.

• VolvenomVolvenom Posts: 61 Member
    So now my sims are dropping their laundry all over the house, because hamper is full and I still have no active options to do laundry. You can see 3 piles in this picture, but actually only two piles are dirty, one pile is clean !
    8d37a6b85e2ade4ec2fb229e33e15198414.PNG

When I click on dirty pile it gives me the option to wash it and that what my sim is doing. He is going with the bag of dirty laundry to the basement to load the machine, but he left clean pile on the floor. When he went downstairs he grabbed two more piles of dirty laundry.
    41a5790e7c7182642af9f3124a5f1f7b165.PNG

And as you can see, hamper is still full but no options to do anything with it.
    92c1292df113c490ceaade040df5feca478.PNG

I sent him back to the pile of clean clothes he left on the floor. When I clicked on it, it gave me an option to take it to the hamper. Why clean clothes are going on the floor or to the hamper ????? So right now I have 2 laundry baskets full of clean clothes and all dirty are dropped all over the house. Clean clothes are going to the hamper as long as I have enough space in it. But since I can't do anything with hampers, they are filling up fast and I need new one once last one is full. I went from one to two already.

Try switching it for the separate one's.

• QueenEcheveriaQueenEcheveria Posts: 61 Member
    Haven't had chance to properly play with this pack, so haven't encountered these problems yet. I'm so glad I've been making my sim wash their clothes by hand at the moment :D
    pouladb96c2.png
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Man I'm glad I decided to come over and see if anyone else is having this problem because I can't get answers anywhere. On a fresh install that was played for one day this is happening to me. No mods/cc or anything else. Went back into the Goth's home after downloading the new sp, built a basement, decorated with laundry stuff pack items, sent Bella downstairs to change clothes twice and the options were greyed out. The game is not recognizing a washer.
    [img][/img]TS4_x64_2018-01-16_12-43-36.jpg
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    edited January 2018
    Man I'm glad I decided to come over and see if anyone else is having this problem because I can't get answers anywhere. On a fresh install that was played for one day this is happening to me. No mods/cc or anything else. Went back into the Goth's home after downloading the new sp, built a basement, decorated with laundry stuff pack items, sent Bella downstairs to change clothes twice and the options were greyed out. The game is not recognizing a washer.
    [img][/img]TS4_x64_2018-01-16_12-43-36.jpg

@mommy19959699 Are those curtains above it? Try moving it by a bare wall.
    Post edited by PinkPaws66 on
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @mommy19959699 for now you need a bare wall above the washer for it to work, especially in a basement laundry room. I learned that from experience, lol!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You should post your bug problems in the bug section if you want the devs to help.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Anyone having an issue with the dryer catching on fire? Even though I have fire alarms and prevention panels, it has caught on fire twice since my sim bought the stackable one. Then, even if i try to get the sim to move out of the way, they stand still in the fire and take a shower from being singed. So weird. I get a check from insurance company. There are also piles of laundry appearing every where.

Did you clean the lint trap?

Fires have a relatively high chance of occurring if you don't regularly clean the lint trap.

I like this. :smile:
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    > @Pegasys said:
    > MsKatieRose wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you clean the lint trap?
    >
    > Fires have a relatively high chance of occurring if you don't regularly clean the lint trap.
    >
    > I like this. :smile:

Thanks, I'll try that. Though it seems wierd that you have to clean it before using it for the first time!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Hey thanks guys. Well that sucks because in the Twitch stream I saw the shelves over the washer and dryer. Bare walls for it to work? That seriously is a bummer considering how nice it looks with shelves over them and more realistic too. Wasn't that the point? It shouldn't matter what part of the house they're in, they should be able to have shelves over them. Please SimGuruGraham fix this!! :D
  • zombiesceneezombiescenee Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all! I found that I had a shelf or something on the wall behind the washing machine. Once I moved it ‘up’ and out of the way, my washingninf machine worked! Hope this helps.