Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    [quote="BrunoB;c-16188466"]You know what would be great? If we had more time to do stuff.

I mean, the current time system (1 game hour = 1 real minute) makes tasks so hard to manage. I can't do nice stuff on the game because my Sims are always hungry, tired, dirty or needing to go. My game has been a simulation of boring domestic chores lately.

So, what if we could choose how much a day lasts on our game?
    That could be organized something like that:

TIME MODE
    - DEFAULT DAY: 24 minutes (1h game = 1min real)
    - MEDIUM DAY: 48 minutes (1h game = 2min real)
    - LONG DAY: 72 minutes (1h game = 3min real)

Those times rates are just suggestions, but you could do something like that, so people like me could enjoy more the day doing other stuff beyond eating, bathing and sleeping.

:smile: <3 [/quote]

Great idea!!!
    Listen to her/him EA! We will pay for this shhhhh!
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    if a sim is locked in a cage in their household, they should not be allowed to roam around the world when not playing said household.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    The Sims 4 is lacking many of the features that the sims 2 &3 both had.
    o5jNANX.gif
  • ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    The romance system could use a bit of an overhaul. My sim can be mean to his date, and each of the mean interactions counts toward the ten required interactions for success. A non-played sim will never break up with my sim, no matter how much of a jerk he/she is. A non-played sim will never just end a bad date, even though he/she ought to.

Just a little bit of autonomy for non-played sims will add some heft to the romance system.
    nZLbne1.jpg

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Starting fresh from the ground up with an engine that is actually good. If all else fails, an updated version of the TS2 engine. As far as TS4 goes, the iceberg has been hit, the bow is sinking lower, and it's past time to fill the boats and lower them.
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Sims should be able to get drunk when drinking mixology bar drinks, emotions won't need to be pacific though, Sims should get drunk when drinking alcoholic drinks, which I know what mixology drinks are. That is a missing feature in the Sims 4, plus making money at the bar when Sims buy drinks at the bar while your Sim is attending it.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • TvldivaTvldiva Posts: 70 Member
    Cars so they can drive to places, ability to able to walk to something close by without the annoying screen switch, male and female sims being able to "really" dance together like when on a date, keeping family connections even when family members pass on, more open lots for building and doors that can lock even when on a "community" lot
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Sims should be able to get drunk when drinking mixology bar drinks, emotions won't need to be pacific though, Sims should get drunk when drinking alcoholic drinks, which I know what mixology drinks are. That is a missing feature in the Sims 4, plus making money at the bar when Sims buy drinks at the bar while your Sim is attending it.

The reason drinks from bars and nectar weren't labeled as alcoholic drinks is because it would potential raise the T rating in American territories to M, as woohooing kind of pushed the game to its T rating. The US is more worried about alcohol being in a game when smoking is an even worse epidemic, but that's just my two cents.
    Kurotard wrote: »

The reason drinks from bars and nectar weren't labeled as alcoholic drinks is because it would potential raise the T rating in American territories to M, as woohooing kind of pushed the game to its T rating. The US is more worried about alcohol being in a game when smoking is an even worse epidemic, but that's just my two cents.

The only reason I said they should get drunk is to make it a little more realistic, Sims is a Life Simulator after all, but I get what you are saying.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member

The only reason I said they should get drunk is to make it a little more realistic, Sims is a Life Simulator after all, but I get what you are saying.

I wish they could get drunk too, but I agree that they are trying to really play it 'safe' by not getting into any really kind of 'dangerous' or adult-like simulations. In my opinion, they kept Woohoo more PG than the Sims 2 version (a.k.a no cuddling/kissing while laying down in bed), so I would assume its the same concept with drunks. However, they don't have to make everything as realistic or depressing; sims don't need to lose their balance and get assistance to get back up, no drunk woohoo, and no addiction. It could be simple and fun interaction for parties and clubbing.

If they introduce cars, they could designate a sober, responsible driver (or call a taxi) before/after going out otherwise they won't be able to drive after two or three drinks. If sims pass out, it would be the same silliness as the sims passing out from no sleep. The walking style would be the same as the clumsy.

Basically, they could poke fun at drinking like they did in Sims 3 (I think University) with the kegger, the party animal trait, dancing on counters, heat of the moment kiss, and the buzzed/tipsy/drunk moodlets after drinking 'juice'. It could just be that they are waiting for University in order to introduce it.

But Sims 2 and 3 both had a T-rating, so these are just assumptions.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited January 2018
    ayyitsmell wrote: »

I wish they could get drunk too, but I agree that they are trying to really play it 'safe' by not getting into any really kind of 'dangerous' or adult-like simulations. In my opinion, they kept Woohoo more PG than the Sims 2 version (a.k.a no cuddling/kissing while laying down in bed), so I would assume its the same concept with drunks. However, they don't have to make everything as realistic or depressing; sims don't need to lose their balance and get assistance to get back up, no drunk woohoo, and no addiction. It could be simple and fun interaction for parties and clubbing.

If they introduce cars, they could designate a sober, responsible driver (or call a taxi) before/after going out otherwise they won't be able to drive after two or three drinks. If sims pass out, it would be the same silliness as the sims passing out from no sleep. The walking style would be the same as the clumsy.

Basically, they could poke fun at drinking like they did in Sims 3 (I think University) with the kegger, the party animal trait, dancing on counters, heat of the moment kiss, and the buzzed/tipsy/drunk moodlets after drinking 'juice'. It could just be that they are waiting for University in order to introduce it.

I would actually love it if another company did a life simulation that was a version of the sims not afraid to cross in to M rating lmao drug addiction and all. You can be a high end CEO classic style. Or hard party it with a coke addiction. Or be a deadbeat falldown who has to give a handie now and then to pay the bills and get a bottle because they drink too much
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

I would actually love it if another company did a life simulation that was a version of the sims not afraid to cross in to M rating lmao drug addiction and all. You can be a high end CEO classic style. Or hard party it with a coke addiction. Or be a deadbeat falldown who has to give a handie now and then to pay the bills and get a bottle because they drink too much

I firmly believe that....Rachel? The one that danced in that cringy preview of Get Together.

I firmly believe she was so close and yet so far when she compared the Sims to a reality TV show. The problem is that reality TV shows typically involve a bunch of emotional weirdos fist fighting each other because one of them left a slice of cheese in the shower. It's absurd, it's dumb, it's as sad as it is hilarious. Sims 4 was never going to carry over the sad or hilarious parts though because we consciously know it's a simulation and we're in control, so we'd never be amazed by it.

The better comparison is to a soap opera. Those involve Sim A murdering Sim B because Sim B was the evil twin of Sim C that cheated with Sim D and broke up their happy marriage, leading their oldest child to drop out of college while their youngest died because Sim C wasn't able to pay their medical bills alone. I fully believe that a lot of Simmers seek this level of drama. How many Simmers regularly murder their Sims in self-imagined stories? How many times do they have affairs, divorces and such? People like drama to keep things interesting.

But finding a slice of grilled cheese in the shower isn't drama, that's just dumb. People want the dramatic stuff like sex, murder and real life drama. If a competitor ever comes along and includes those things or designs around that philosophy, they'll definitely do well.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

I firmly believe that....Rachel? The one that danced in that cringy preview of Get Together.

I firmly believe she was so close and yet so far when she compared the Sims to a reality TV show. The problem is that reality TV shows typically involve a bunch of emotional weirdos fist fighting each other because one of them left a slice of cheese in the shower. It's absurd, it's dumb, it's as sad as it is hilarious. Sims 4 was never going to carry over the sad or hilarious parts though because we consciously know it's a simulation and we're in control, so we'd never be amazed by it.

The better comparison is to a soap opera. Those involve Sim A murdering Sim B because Sim B was the evil twin of Sim C that cheated with Sim D and broke up their happy marriage, leading their oldest child to drop out of college while their youngest died because Sim C wasn't able to pay their medical bills alone. I fully believe that a lot of Simmers seek this level of drama. How many Simmers regularly murder their Sims in self-imagined stories? How many times do they have affairs, divorces and such? People like drama to keep things interesting.

But finding a slice of grilled cheese in the shower isn't drama, that's just dumb. People want the dramatic stuff like sex, murder and real life drama. If a competitor ever comes along and includes those things or designs around that philosophy, they'll definitely do well.

Lmao sounds interesting
    Yeah murder would be an excellent addition too. My evil sims arent evil enough lmao
    If i cant hold the Landgraabs hostage for ransom they arent evil
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

Considering it's been, what, 18-ish years now for this franchise and there's yet to be any real competition, that's unlikely. Or considering the fact that an M-rated Sims-style game would essentially cut off the majority of the genre's current playerbase, which is niche enough as it is already, that also makes success unlikely.

If it were easy to make the Sims, there wouldn't just be the Sims. There'd be a dozen versions, just like there are dozens of shooters, or platformers. Who do you want to make for competition anyway? Ubisoft? Activision? An indie company won't be able to do it. Unless you want something more akin to Stardew Valley.

The funny thing about ratings is that they change over time. Movies, games, it always happens. PG movies from the 80s are way different than PG movies now, even PG-13 lol. Same goes for games. If you remade Sims 1, for example, it would probably have an M rating. And had it been made today instead of a couple decades ago, there probably wouldn't be a Sims 2.

Somehow, I doubt there's enough people who regularly play M rated games who would play a Sims game to consider it a success. There's a reason they keep to the T rating so carefully. The niche playerbase just gets that much more niche the higher the rating goes.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Well certainly been a loooong time since I left sims 4. But I got back into sims 3, and since I already owned it, I decided to try sims 4 one more time after 3 years. It was good to see toddlers finally added in, but sadly the game is still lacking the magical spark that sims 2 and 3 had.

The main problem with sims 4 sadly, just is not fixable. The entire game was built to be like an mmo. An mmo that was scrapped, the online portion yanked out and re-branded as a sequel to the previous games. So the game will never have automobiles we can actually own, nor automobile things like garages and parking spaces. The travel system is deeply tied to the phone feature, a remnant of the Sims Olympus days of development. Just like babies will sadly, never be more than glorified furniture.

And the emotion system was lauded as new and gives sims personality and makes them more real. Sadly, sims 2 which they claim "had no emotions", them sims showed far better emotions than this game does. Sims 3's emotions also are a heck of a lot better. The problems with emotions, which could and can be somewhat fixed, is in the process of making the emotion system, they dropped the aspect the previous titles had that gave sims their personality.

In Sims 2, personality was dictated by a couple things, chief being your sim's zodiac sign. You could have like 2 sims, same career, but if you made one more sloppy and lazy, and made the other more neat and active, you would see 2 distinct personalities instantly. But Sims 2 took that a few steps further. They also had aspirations. So if your lazy slob of a sim had the romance aspiration, and your neat and active sim had the family aspiration, that there would be a major explosive mixing pot. But wait! There's more! There were also turn-ons and a turn-off. So if your slob sim's turn off was say blonde hair and he/she had brown hair, and your active sim had a turn-off of brown hair and had blonde hair, their personalities would clash even more.

Sims 3 though cut back some on that, and did away with the turn-on's and turn-off's, and tying personality to the zodiac and instead, tied personality to the trait system which you had 5 of. Yet even then, the sims still had somewhat unique personalities because there were opposing personality traits.

Sims 4 though, took personality mostly away from traits, and cut traits by 2 and tried to give personality strictly through emotions. What's worse, is that they made objects that basically were letting your cheat emotions and you could find them early on just by digging through the collectible stuff. The result is, sims just don't feel unique at all. Couple these personality issues with the other limitations of the engine, and the result is, sure they could add a few things to the sims 4 but it will never be nothing more than a meh game.

So where did Sims 4 improve over games like Sims 2 and Sims 3? Create a Sim was nice, but if it had the create-a-style sims 3 had, yet brought back some of the personality features of sims 2 and kept traits at 5, one could of created some truly unique sims. Build Mode's picking up and moving entire rooms and even the houses, was super nice, as was the creating roofs feature, but sadly that was the only improvement, as a lot of what made previous sims titles great, was creating custom lots, and lot sizes, and to me, a 30x20 lot in sims 3, just feels larger than the 30x20 in sims 4. And I believe I figured out why too. They made furniture and build mode stuff, was several times larger than previous sims games. Hell the bloody microscope is like a giant ray gun your sims sit in just to look at microscopic cells.

It was like the developers were trying to compensate for the game's lack of 'size' by making things bigger. The fact is, while I tried giving sims 4 another try, I just cannot find enjoyment in it. I get more fun out of the sims 2 and the sims 3, than I do with sims 4. Sims 4 I feel, is a lost cause. And if EA wants to make things better, then they should, instead of investing more time and money into expansions for this game, should instead start work on a sims 5 and do it properly. Take the things that made sims 2 and sims 3 greate, mix in the few good features of sims 4 and make a proper sequel of a game. Bring back proper open worlds. Heck I have a gaming PC now, and sims 3 does not lag for me one bit. Still takes a bit in the load screens, but the open world is what made the game feel more alive, though nraas is pretty much required in order to keep the game stable. Modders fixed what EA refused to. And even with nraas, I still encountered bugs here and there. Sadly though even without its open world, and the create-a-sim and style of sims 3, the sims 2 is still a superior game because it had extra little features that made the game great.

Examples is when your sim wanted to go somewhere, they would go over to their vehicle or taxi, open the door and get in and drive off. When the destination loaded, if arrived via your sims personal vehicle, said vehicle would be parked at the curb. And best of all, you had to actually go grocery shopping or have groceries delivered to your home. But clothing wise, you had to goto a clothing store and buy your outfits, not have instant access to everything from your dresser. Sims 3 kept some of the grocery shopping features, though expanded upon it with actual ingredients. But how amazing would it of been, to have actual clothing stores and supermarkets in sims 4, and vehicles, and open world. So I just don't see any actual fix for a game that was a re-branding of a failed game that was canceled because someone panicked at EA after the SimCity fiasco that won them 2 golden poo awards.

Sims 4 should of been made from the ground up, and for a base game, should of took what was in sims 3's base game, added in a lot of what was in the sims 2 base game and made a game that could truly be called a sequel. Sims 4 is not a proper sequel to the sims franchise. If anything it jogged mile back the wrong way and landed somewhere past sims 1's base game.

Will I buy any of the sims 4 packs? Hell no. I still maintain that Maxis/EA does not deserve a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dime for this failure. That's why I will never buy a sims 4 pack of any kind. But next month I will be buying a sims 3 expansion as a late birthday present seeing as my birthday was 4 days ago.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    > @nilanius said:

> And the emotion system was lauded as new and gives sims personality and makes them more real. Sadly, sims 2 which they claim "had no emotions", them sims showed far better emotions than this game does. Sims 3's emotions also are a heck of a lot better. The problems with emotions, which could and can be somewhat fixed, is in the process of making the emotion system, they dropped the aspect the previous titles had that gave sims their personality.
    >

Sorry, I have to disagree. I remember when I was younger and I always made fun of Sims for behaving like robots, emotionless, with ugly animations or just copied from previous games. I love animations in The Sims 4, they're so much more fluid and cartoony, yet somehow still feel natural and Sims dont resemble robots anymore, you can always tell how they feel. And animations of cats and dogs are so much better as well, in previous games I wouldn't reall care what they do, but in TS4 I often lock the camera on them and watch what they do.
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
  • Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    Ok, I know this is probably not where I should post this but I couldn't find anywhere else. I think EA should give more free stuff. My husband and myself have paid thousands of dollars over the years for almost every sims base, expansions, stuff packs, and game pack. I think all simmers should get free items. This is my opinion. :smile:
  • olllyk184olllyk184 Posts: 11 New Member
    1) Chidren can’t go outside by themselves at night

2) Teens can’t go outside at night by themselves just like that.. i liked they had to go secretly in 2 and they could get cought.

3) Teens or young sims generally can do some bad things out like graffity, pranks, throwing eggs to other houses doors

4) Multi purpouse venues. I want Pool and Gym on the same lot and townies using both when i go there with my sim.

5) Mortages and loans (who buys houses for cash? I wish to live in such a world to aford it ;) )

6) Build our own flats at least the small blocks also as terraced or semidetached houses
  • ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    IMO the Laundry day stuff pack should be compatible with closets from Get Together. I mean, there's gotta be a hamper somewhere in there, right?
  • SimMickSimMick Posts: 3 New Member
    The list on top of the topic should be updated about the features that were added in the game… anyway:
    The should be some option to change the height of the sims, like every adult has the same height, the same for every other age.
  • rossixrossix Posts: 1 New Member
    I think there should be a TheQuxxn memorial graveyard, where every time you'd 'view' something in it, a quote from TheQuxxn would pop up as a notification. I think this because she never got to play it, and It's only fair is she had a part in it.
  • NathanANathanA Posts: 39 Member
    I'd like to say I'm happy with TS4 but when I think of potential improvements a few things come to mind. I'll list them below;

- I definitely think that the dogs should be changed a little. I believe that drinking/playing in puddles shouldn't make them so filthy. It should lower their hygiene but not significantly. Digging and skunks should remain how they are. I'm just so fed up of feeling like an animal abuser when my dogs constantly come inside filthy, and I have to lock them in the house.

- Enemies/Friends should be changed. I'd love, love, love for sims in TS4 to have natural enemies and friends. Like, they may prefer one person to another. Traits could impact this. But it wouldn't be like Good meets evil, it'd make the sim feel tense or uncomfortable around sims they dislike and more happy around sims they do. It'd be kinda random. If your sim dislikes a sim because of a specific trait or their body type, it may be harder for them to befriend that sim and even harder for them to fall for that sim. But it'd still be possible. Sims that your sim gets along with will be easier to befriend/date. It wouldn't be a large scale but it'd add some character to sims.

- Multiple dog walking is something I really want! I have two little dogs (A couple) and I would love to see the two of them walking together, it'd be so cute! But we can only walk one at a time.

- Pets Pack
    I know we all seem to have it sour for stuff packs and game packs, but I'd like a pet pack containing some more toys, beds. And animals! Also, it could contain a new multi-leash for the above suggestion, A dog specific shower that's smaller and made for dogs of all sizes, It could contain pet carriers that are the same as beds but more compact. It could contain small animals, I'm not asking for anything grand. The option to feed fish, more fish species, some bird species and things that are easy to just keep in a tank. Maybe there could be some rodents too, and small mammals like Rabbits. There's a lot more pet-related things we can add. I suggest names like "Small Furries" "Pets plus" "Pets Stuff". They could be divided into two packs, the items being in a stuff pack, and the pets being in a game pack.

- Hand vaccum cleaner- I know. Sounds boring. But we have laundry so why not a vaccume cleaner? I got inspired by the little hoover robot and I thought how cool it'd be to have your sim parent hoovering while the kids eat breakfast on the sofa, or the cat/dog reacting negatively to the hoover. They could even attack it! Hoovers would be like washing machines, once placed on the lot, pets would drop fur, and dust would form in certain areas. But not that often. This could be added into a free update, I don't really know what else though.

- More leggings! I want some short knee length leggings, with prettier colours, to go underneath dresses or with atheletic/swimming wear. I realised that we literally have like, two pairs of leggings, both of which have ugly swatches. I think that it'd be good to release more skin tight clothes like leggings, socks and tights.

That's all I can think of. Bare in mind that I absolutely adore the sims 4! I had to think really hard to come up with some ideas for improving it.
  • NathanANathanA Posts: 39 Member
    Ah, I only just realized these suggestions were meant to be base game. I guess the suggestions aside from the pets themed ones are fine but sorry about that. I'm really tired so my eyes don't work.
  • ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    The humor in the game is quite dry. Perhaps a little too dry. I thought the game's focus was on SUPER MASS EMOTIONAL DRAMA???? :neutral:
    Chicherino wrote: »
    The humor in the game is quite dry. Perhaps a little too dry. I thought the game's focus was on SUPER MASS EMOTIONAL DRAMA???? :neutral:

I totally agree, the humor isn't all that good, the mischief could use some work as well, the hand buzzer is top notch, but some of the other pranks are meh, also teens should be able to do more pranks like throw eggs at the neighbours doors and so on, kinda like what they did in Sims 3.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,