Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best game pack?

Comments

• chxnelchxnel Posts: 57 Member
    Spa day
    Maybe it's an unpopular opinion but I absolutely love spa day. Being into yoga and meditation irl, i love having it in my game. Totally not biased or anything :p
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Dine out
    Probably in the minority, I chose Dine Out. I don't own Vampires and only recently got Parenthood so not played enough to judge it. I have owned a restaurant, it isn't my favourite, but I love visiting them. It's perfect for dates, it's the main date location I use - I don't think any of my sims would have much of a love life if it wasn't for restaurants! I like building restaurants too, I've had some fun with different styles to build. I still haven't build a complete spa yet and don't use the gameplay from that pack at all (though I do use the wallpaper and flooring from Spa Day everywhere, I love it) and Outdoor Retreat is great, but only so many times you can go camping. Plus some of my sims aren't really camping fans. Dine Out has offered the best gameplay out of those three to me though.
  • GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires for sure. If we could have more life states like them I'd be so happy. It's my favorite. But Parenthood is a close second. Vampires and Parenthood are the GPs I tell people are essential to the game over any other expansion or stuff pack.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. I love the CAS and the Gothic Victorian build/buy and Caleb is a cutie :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Dine out
    Voted for Dine Out because I have an unhealthy obsession over staring at food pics in every possible online/social networking platforms. And, I have built more restaurants than any other type of venue in the game.

But all said and done, I really do like how the GPs are being done in the game; they have only gotten better with time and they are the perfect size IMO.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited January 2018
    Vampires
    As it says above, Vampires. I haven't bought Parenthood yet, but Vampires strikes me as the most fleshed out, creative GP there is. It brought a fresh take on a very familiar and arguably overdone concept.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2018
    Parenthood
    Hands down Parenthood is top dog but Spa Day is a close second
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Dine out

Dine Out in my opinion but Outdoor Retreat is a close second.
  • Shadow_Simmer_14Shadow_Simmer_14 Posts: 53 Member
    Parenthood
    I like Parenthood the best because it fits best into the way I play. I also like vampires but they can be a bit annoying when they break into my sims homes.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Vampires
    It's a toss up between Vampires and Parenthood for me (although except for Outdoor Retreat, I have no regrets about the others). But in the end, I think my surprise at how much I loved Vampires pushed it past Parenthood for me.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Dine out
    I have to say Dine Out for me. I've been wanting that pack since the Sims 4 was released. It's nice to go on a date and have dinner. I feel it adds a layer of romance to the game.
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Vampires
    spa day and vampires are my favorites, parenthood feels dull compared to sims 3 generations.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Spa day
    My personal rankings :D

1. Spa Day
    2. Dine Out
    3. Parenthood
    4. Outdoor Retreat
    5. Vampires

I like packs with a strong focus on simulation & don't like packs that require you to actively play.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Vampires
    1. Vampires
    2. Dine Out

• hannahdesney_hannahdesney_ Posts: 21 Member
    Vampires
    I really enjoy the Vampire pack. I like being able to switch between the Dark Form and the human sim form. The customize-able power section is also very neat. I downloaded a mod that allows me to give my human sims vampire ears and that makes me happy.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    outdoor retreat
    I picked Outdoor Retreat because I love sending my sims on vacation. I'm not really into camping in rl, but it's all we got right now, though supposedly that's going to change next month. Dine Out & Spa Day are second & third, they added some nice options for dates & family outings, plus I love the decor items from SD. Vampires is next, I'm not really into them, but I do like Forgotten Hollow. Parenthood is driving me crazy, makes me want to just go back to playing a single sim, but I love the build/buy objects in it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • BreezaaRoseBreezaaRose Posts: 105 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood, I love the gameplay elements especially the influence/disipline feature
    mJoj-3.gif

• AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Dine out
    Even though it's glitchy and not well made, but that's all TS4 packs.
    23rif7.gif
  • WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77 Posts: 52 Member
    Parenthood
    Hands down Parenthood all the way. I use prenthood everyday when i storytell and it adds that spice to the game. The gameplay is amazing, the CAS items are great, and the build/Buy is awesome. This pack is just an amazing gp in general, and I definitely recommend if youre a storytelling simmer
  • lanasimmerlanasimmer Posts: 137 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood allows for family bonding as well as sibling rivalries and acne! I think it adds the most for teens because they used to just be skinnier versions of young adults.
    origin id: lanathesimmer
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires

I love this mostly because they have a lot more energy (so they can actually do stuff on their free time after work), and don't need to visit the bathroom. Those help a lot. xD
  • PluttskuttPluttskutt Posts: 112 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires because it added a lot and the gameplay is fun. Only trouble I with it is that I can't not play it because if I don't read up on vampires they will come and bite my sim during the night, making them exhausted and not good for the next day :/

I like parenthood too but I haven't played much with it. It did make families more interesting so I'll try again.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Vampires
    Before I got Vampires I would've said Outdoor Retreat. I love Granite Falls and use the camping objects that came with it all the time. But, I absolutely adore Vampires. The pack includes a ton of gameplay, the powers/ranking systems is very well designed, Forgotten Hollow is beautiful in it's dark, spooky, creepilicious way, and build/buy mode came with some fantastic objects. I love the new wooden diagonal flooring, the two piece runner, cracks, holes, spider webs and the victorian furnishings.

Especially the purple colored ones. Purple is my favorite color and the pack includes a deeper, more vibrant variety of it on objects over other packs in my opinion. Last, but certainly not least, CAS came with so many new clothes, accessories and make-up for your vampires. It's more like a mini EP than a GP. Very well worth the money in my opinion. :)

Oh, best of all? Caleb Vatore! I love that vampire, he's adorable! The other premades are nice too. I put some of the trailer vampires in Forgotten Hollow as well. The only one I wasn't too keen on was Vlad. But I gave him a make-over so it's all good. In fact, if Delilah wasn't already enamoured with Caleb, I'd have her go for my Vlad, he's gorgeous but still keeps most elements of his former self.

I have to say too, I know it's supposed to be scary, but every time a vampire does their little "Ra, Ha, Ha, Ha" schtick, it makes me laugh. The ending kind of sounds like a squeaky, cracked voice or a question like, "I know I'm not that scary yet, but I'm trying hard so be scared. Okay?" lol

Happy Simming! <3
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Parenthood
    Honestly depends on your play style. For me, I typically play legacies and am a very generational player. Parenthood is one of the most essential packs I've purchased to date. I'm still amazed at how well the sims team was able to encapsulate the feeling and aesthetics of parenting in a pack. Others are well done, however. I think GPs in this series are quickly because my most anticipated additions to the series.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Vampires
    In my opinion, the vampire pack was the best. I really loved the rank system and also the premades are so cool. It added a lot of new interactions to the game ,even though not everybody is into the supernaturals it is my favorite game pack by far.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/