Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interesting Storylines?

Hey guys! So maybe this thread has been made before, but I find myself always making the same story with creating a girl who then falls in love with a guy and they have a family and create many generations. I would like some ideas for more creative storylines to try out. I'd reallyyyy appreciate it if any of you guys gave me ideas you thought of, stories you're doing, etc. :)

Comments

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I had this whole storyline where one of my more, well, less-than-sane Sims had a romance going with the Grim Reaper, which I actually really enjoyed! I didn't cheat so I couldn't ever have them kiss or anything, but I found it more challenging that way - to have to resort to... drastic measures to see your star-crossed lover again... :joy:

You could also try working on the girl's backstory. I find it way more interesting to play Sims with an actual story to them - so maybe start a child from teen, kid or even toddler age and go from there. Create a backstory = do something with their parents, maybe, or a sister. Some family drama also can be very interesting.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • parselmouthhparselmouthh Posts: 5 New Member
    I play basically the same story every time, but I'll change up the carreers. I had this big family once with like 6 or 7 generations, and I just made them have loads of babies that I didn't have to take care of because I worked one main family. It was kind of fun, because the kids would get traits I wouldn't give them. Then I'd play with them for a bit before returning to the main family.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited January 2018
    I generally like to break the traditional formulas. Maybe there's a girl who falls in a love with a guy, but then she realizes he's awful beyond repair. Unhopeful with love interests, she discovers that her male best friend was always there to her and she falls in love with him, but he's gay or just doesn't want her. So she starts a journey to find true love and she's about to find, but then realizes she never needed a man to begin with.

I read somewhere an author of my country saying long ago that "happiness is the end of story". Granted, I never define a happy ending, 'cause I know there won't be anything new to explore.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • collegemommaof3collegemommaof3 Posts: 131 Member
    The one I am doing right now is one girl who is trying to complete a certain collection and ends up doing multiple ones (I printed the collections out and mark off the ones they find or grow or what not) She is doing the gardening but has a Scientist job so others fall into that. She had twins by Wolfgang from her job. Not married or boyfriend or whatever. So now the twins are working on their own collections. The boys is insects and frogs. While the girl is going to do the postcards and who knows what else yet. I have them on a long life span as well.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2018
    My advise is don't let the game tell your stories, tell your stories out side the game, and use the game to play them out, other wise your creativity will be restricted.

In 1855 a band of nobles, a English Inventor, a French Politician a German businessman and a successful Irish Wine/Brew crafter traveled to Rome.
    The Englishman, Lord Adam Jordan, Where he fell in love with the Lady Diane Fengari of Greece.
    The two had their Like him she was clever, and powerful. By their own birthright, they are Werewolves.
    Unfortunately there was an unforeseen arranged marriage Between a Diane and a man named Gideon of France.
    the night of their marriage Diane in spite shifted, during woohoo.
    She killed her husband.

Taking her combined Families Fortune, She found Adam at the Paris harbor. The hijacked a few ships, and travelled to America.
    in 1860, the port City of Briarwood was established, as was the Briarwood Elite, 5 grand Mansions were built, The House of Jordan, House of Montgomery, House of Bourbon, House Valois, and House Navarro. Each bringing significance, to develop the city.

Adam and Diane were married, had 3 Children.

In 1891 their was a siege played upon House Jordan, the Mansion was ransacked, and the family, destroyed.

Amara Dior, was only 16 at the time when she led the attack on the house, for revenge.
    Caleb Jordan as only 13 when he lost his family. Amara failed to notice the escape of the fatally wounded Lady Diane with her 13 year old son.
    A week after the attack, Caleb returns Home, the Mansion in Ruins. of course the night of a Full moon, Anger, and Unprepared for the power he now possesses.
    For the next 85-100 years Caleb will isolate himself in the Abandoned Jordan family Mansion as a real wolf, a beast.

Until His Future wife, Roxanne, a Sorceress stumbles upon the rundown mansion in 1985 when she was out on a Jog.
    She helps Caleb regain his Humanity, When She see's him take His human form, She couldn't believe he spent 100 years as a wolf, and yet his human form was just a Young Adult.

Roxanne and Caleb fall in love, repair the Mansion, and Brings the Jordan Family back into the light, by giving Caleb Six, werewolf, sons.
    The eldest Triplets:
    Aiden, Cain, Wren
    The Twins:
    Orion, Zane
    And Tyron was the unplanned child, but very much welcomed and loved.

and that's The Jordan Family History. Or at least a part of it.

Before she was Roxanne Jordan, She was Stella Delre, Princess of {A Kingdom yet to be named}

She and My mother, Julia King, Juliava Castor were/are best friends, My mother was Stella's Lady in waiting Escaped from their realm, to escape the Wrath of Roxanne's Queen/Mother. After the Death of the King, the Queen Changed, She tried to hang on to her crown and her children... ultimately she lost both.

For Her treason my Grandfather Kaegan Castor, a Powerful Sorcerer stripped her of her powers, and banished her to the Realm of Darkness.

All the Stories Weave together
    Tyron Jordan, the Werewolf is My Best friend, Aria Dior, q Huntress, although She and her family have tried to kill me and Tyron three times, She is my Girlfriend, and me I'm a Sorcerer, Mason King. My family history is a whole other story though.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • wild4simswild4sims Posts: 45 Member
    I try to join different careers changes it up on how the game is played
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Try: Vampire mad scientist rises in the ranks and eventually clones themself. The clone then rebels against the original and forms a vampire gang of their own. Meanwhile, a mischievous alien watches over all and manipulates both the original and the clone for their own amusement, like some sort of mad trickster god.

Aaaaand, ACTION!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Try: Vampire mad scientist rises in the ranks and eventually clones themself. The clone then rebels against the original and forms a vampire gang of their own. Meanwhile, a mischievous alien watches over all and manipulates both the original and the clone for their own amusement, like some sort of mad trickster god.

Aaaaand, ACTION!

I'd love to see this story played out by someone! :lol: Make for some good Youtube videos lol.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    You could still have a boy meets girl or otherwise story but change the 'meet' part they could be at the same school but one is significantly richer than the other. The parent of one could buy their land just to say he could leaving that family homeless, in an attempt to bite him back both parents could start a fire and get caught in the blaze leaving their child alone in a rags to riches deal. While his or her love interest wasn't aware they are still to blame for the loss. So as both are equals at the end can they still love one another or is family responsible for the actions of family ending it all for them. I don't know whichever way you want to go about it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • chxnelchxnel Posts: 57 Member
    You could still have a boy meets girl or otherwise story but change the 'meet' part they could be at the same school but one is significantly richer than the other. The parent of one could buy their land just to say he could leaving that family homeless, in an attempt to bite him back both parents could start a fire and get caught in the blaze leaving their child alone in a rags to riches deal. While his or her love interest wasn't aware they are still to blame for the loss. So as both are equals at the end can they still love one another or is family responsible for the actions of family ending it all for them. I don't know whichever way you want to go about it.

for sure doing this omg thanks:)
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Do something completely different.
    Have some good old dramalama to make the story interesting.

Maybe your sim could be a young party girl who woohoos with many guys and ends up pregnant and has to raise the kid in a crappy apartment. She could also have a bad job and not much money.That kid could turn out to be true ghetto kid.

Or if your sim is a guy he could woohoo with many girls and get them all pregnant. Then the ladies would team up against him and give all the kids to him to raise. One guy with 7 toddlers sounds like a nightmare...
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    @chxnel sure thing, I find myself doing the same thing a lot which works for me but sometimes a few changes add to whole thing. :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    You may have seen mine posted elsewhere since I have posted it before, but I still have this story ongoing.

My sim starts out in new married life with an apartment in the city, all set for happiness. What she doesn't realise is that her new husband is jealous and mean and he is sadly rather horrible to her. When she finally stands up for herself, he throws her out of their home and she has no friends and nowhere to go. She manages to get a job as a live-in nanny looking after a child and toddler for the Bjergsen family. But she doesn't get on with them very well and moves to a new family when she is able.

This time looking after three babies! She sees them up to childhood and the family no longer need her, so she gets a job looking after a toddler with a strange family in Forgotten Hollow. Therein follows the story of how she eventually finds out they are vampires, but they are lovely to her and she finds herself falling in love with the husband. She cannot have him and goes out to have a one night stand in frustration, where she promptly ends up pregnant by Don Lothario.

She has to move out of the vampire home, but has saved enough wages over the years to get a tiny caravan in Oasis Springs. There she raises her new daughter by herself and paints pictures to sell, and pines after Don.

There are plenty of options left open for me to continue the story.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Hmm...
    A matriarchal family? All the males are the ones who give birth?

Mix up the happily ever after. If you have Get Together you can make a woohoo club. Hook a few of those premades up with your own sims. Your female Sim hooks up with Mortimer for a steamy romance and gets pregnant. She's noncommittal so doesn't want to get married to anyone but ends up having a baby with ol' Morty. She ends up dedicating her life to raising this child, gets a job as a mixologist, has a small garden, and expresses her creative side through photography. Through out her life throw in a few interesting boyfriends, make/find a few Sims that you want her to best friends with. Of course she doesn't get along with Bella. So there is a natural enemy. Bella's best friends club is the rival club against your sims club. Her kid is a straight C student who prefers the outdoors and playing in the park rather than focusing on his studies. Have the child be an avid collector of void critters, or frogs, or my sims or all 3. Have the kid make best friends and enemies. Turn again on and off as you need so don't feel rushed.

Your Sim was created to be father. He wants to be a dad so bad he can hardly wait to meet someone, get married, and start a family. He wants a highly successful wife so he can be a stay at home dad and dote on his wife and kids. Only his sim life doesn't start out all peaches and cream. Until the day he meets said woman he needs a good job, a good financial foundation, and a small house to get lure said woman in. His first girlfriend wants him take care of her, not the other way around. His second girlfriend is a walking joke who wants nothing else but to be a famous comedian and hates kids. His third girlfriend might be the one. She has a stable job but is a bit aloof about children. Who cares right? They get married. They're lukewarm lovers but he allows her to climb the career ladder and she is happy that he wants to the raise kids. Who could ask for anything more? While she is out he is home, he begins to get lonely, she is a bit embarrassed by him so doesn't want to party with "her" friends. But his friends are "our" friends and he starts to long something more. Divorce is inevitable. He broods over his failed marriage and begins to write romance novels. He becomes a successful author, father, and grandfather.

She wants nothing more than to be THE most popular and have the have successful club and with the most beautiful mansion. She is a hard core perfectionist. She will do anything to make herself look good. There's only one problem. She's sitting in a rat infested apartment with her loser roommate and a 100 bucks in her pocket. She works as a mailroom clerk and absolutely hates her job and the people she works with. She's ambitious so she seizes every opportunity she can to climb higher in the business career. They more friends she makes the more mistakes she makes, an affair with a married man, friends with a criminal, takes a few questionable guys home from the bar. She hates her roommate and they continually fight. The more money she makes, the more she friends she makes, and starts an exclusive club. Here she meets her future husband who is in the political career they have a couple of kids, get a dog and have the biggest, fanciest house on the block. They're strict, overbearing parents who expect nothing but the best from their children. And she has a favorite which puts a rift between her and one of the kids.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    My advise is don't let the game tell your stories, tell your stories out side the game, and use the game to play them out, other wise your creativity will be restricted.

Absolutely this. Heck, I even write the stories I come up with then use the game for illustration with screenshots.

For the OP, maybe try a story that's not centered around love, or maybe finding love could be more of a side plot. For instance my main story is of a hero hacker and investigator who exposes and takes down Landgraab's corrupt corporate empire and crooked politicians. As a subplot, he has a lot of secrets, deals with immense stress and deep rooted trauma, which negatively affects his relationship with his girlfriend, and they are either going to work on staying together or go their separate ways.

There are so many ideas to fiddle around with, and if you're into the whole love thing that's okay! But perhaps adding other major situations for your character to deal with will make their stories a bit more dynamic, because even in real life, there are other things we struggle with, experience, and strive for that have nothing to do with love.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @MasonGamer There's are plenty of people, including me that been able to use our games to tell stories. Sure we need to use outside poses..but that's a minor thing
    6adMCGP.gif
  • JessieStar217JessieStar217 Posts: 5 New Member
    So with me, I can only get attached to a family and actually enjoy playing with them when I create a short backstory for them and/or have a future planned out for them, which leads me to not have many families I’m attached to since I too run out of storyline ideas. That’s why I usually have experimental families, families or single sims I create just to experience a single aspect of the game or to test out a “what if my sim...” question I happened to think of. After the experiment, I delete them because once the experiment is done, I have no future planned out for them so I no longer care about them. Which leads me to my Aerson family, one of the few experimental families that was an exception and became one of my favorite families I’ve ever created.

My Aerson family started out as an experimental family. A single young adult female named Shelby Aerson. Not much of a backstory since she was supposed to only be experimental. I wanted her to turn the Partihaus club (I have the Get Together EP) into a more risqué club since that’s what I had always imagined that club to be. She’s quickly joined the club and became the leader. I then made it to where the encouraged activities were to flirt, kiss, woohoo, dance, and drink. The outfits for the women were different lingerie and heels, and the guys wore tight jeans and no shirts. After some time, Shelby felt ruined by the club. She felt like she was wasting her life by living under the neon lights of the DJ booth and only finding fun either in the bottom of a glass or in someone’s pants. So she decided to change. She stayed the leader of the club, but she didn’t attend any of the gatherings. She decided to find love, and she found it in Jacques Villareal. She loved her new stepkids. But one day she’s got bored. While Jacques was out, she threw a party at her house and invited Partihaus. She’s remembered how fun it was to live to party, and she killed Jacques with some strenuous woohoo. She bulldozed the lot and changed it into a party mansion for her club. She did realize that the kids shouldn’t be growing up around what she knew to be a poisonous lifestyle, so she had a small family home built to the side for the kids to live in. She became the leader of the Paragons and the Renegades, making them branches of her risqué club. She began a fling with Sergio Romeo and ended up falling in love with him, even though she knew that he was not tied to her since they were both a part of the club. One day though, she got pregnant by him. Knowing the baby was his, she told him, and to her dismay he was far from excited. She had a baby girl and named her Sabrina and had her stepkids take care of her newborn while she continued to party away. After becoming pregnant a second time by an again not-so-eager Sergio, she changed her whole life around. She stepped down as leader of all the clubs, rebuild the house to its original form, put the house in her stepdaughter’s name, and sent the two stepsons to live with the Pancakes (which, now that I think of it, was very unnecessary). She then took $20,000 and Sabrina and bought a small plot of land on an island of Windenburg where she began living off the land. She gardened to earn money, fished for her breakfast and dinner and roasted it over a fire, lived in a tent, and peed in a bush. She gave birth to a baby boy that she named Sony, and then began dreaming of having a large family. She continued seeing Sergio and continued getting pregnant by him, but she never told him. She would just call him over and surprise him with a new baby in a new bassinet. She no longer intended to marry him, but she was completely in love with him. More time passed. Sabrina and Sony were soon joined by siblings Shane, Shaun, Sierra, Selena, and Sydney. Shelby had since began woodworking in order to build necessities like bathtubs for her family, and she eventually broke into her growing funds (building 3 bathtubs a day brought in $3,500 a day! better than having to work your way up the ladder if you ask me) to build a small home for her family of 8. They all shared the 4 double beds in the single bedroom, and there was one couch, three bathrooms, a small kitchen, and a dining room with a table and chairs handmade by Shelby herself. By the time Sabrina grew up, she became interested in the party lifestyle, which her mother (for obvious reasons) discourages her of. Sabrina didn’t listen though, and said she would do better than her mother had ever done with her woohoo club. She reassembled Partihaus and made them even better, replacing that DJ social club hangout in the basement of that really nice night club in Windenburg into a hangout for her club so they could literally live at the club. The hangout had beds, bathrooms, and a kitchen. Sabrina, too, soon felt wasted away by the life she had chosen, and decided to give up the party lifestyle and marry her high school sweetheart. (Around this time, Shelby married Sergio.) She had a baby girl named Sophia and a baby boy named Samuel, after her mother’s 8th child that was kidnapped while the family was away (actually my game just glitched from having 9 people in one household but it’s much more interesting to say he was kidnapped), and that’s as far as I’ve gotten with them.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Read my Swanson Legacy to see
    6adMCGP.gif
    So with me, I can only get attached to a family and actually enjoy playing with them when I create a short backstory for them and/or have a future planned out for them, which leads me to not have many families I’m attached to since I too run out of storyline ideas. That’s why I usually have experimental families, families or single sims I create just to experience a single aspect of the game or to test out a “what if my sim...” question I happened to think of. After the experiment, I delete them because once the experiment is done, I have no future planned out for them so I no longer care about them. Which leads me to my Aerson family, one of the few experimental families that was an exception and became one of my favorite families I’ve ever created.

My Aerson family started out as an experimental family. A single young adult female named Shelby Aerson. Not much of a backstory since she was supposed to only be experimental. I wanted her to turn the Partihaus club (I have the Get Together EP) into a more risqué club since that’s what I had always imagined that club to be. She’s quickly joined the club and became the leader. I then made it to where the encouraged activities were to flirt, kiss, woohoo, dance, and drink. The outfits for the women were different lingerie and heels, and the guys wore tight jeans and no shirts. After some time, Shelby felt ruined by the club. She felt like she was wasting her life by living under the neon lights of the DJ booth and only finding fun either in the bottom of a glass or in someone’s pants. So she decided to change. She stayed the leader of the club, but she didn’t attend any of the gatherings. She decided to find love, and she found it in Jacques Villareal. She loved her new stepkids. But one day she’s got bored. While Jacques was out, she threw a party at her house and invited Partihaus. She’s remembered how fun it was to live to party, and she killed Jacques with some strenuous woohoo. She bulldozed the lot and changed it into a party mansion for her club. She did realize that the kids shouldn’t be growing up around what she knew to be a poisonous lifestyle, so she had a small family home built to the side for the kids to live in. She became the leader of the Paragons and the Renegades, making them branches of her risqué club. She began a fling with Sergio Romeo and ended up falling in love with him, even though she knew that he was not tied to her since they were both a part of the club. One day though, she got pregnant by him. Knowing the baby was his, she told him, and to her dismay he was far from excited. She had a baby girl and named her Sabrina and had her stepkids take care of her newborn while she continued to party away. After becoming pregnant a second time by an again not-so-eager Sergio, she changed her whole life around. She stepped down as leader of all the clubs, rebuild the house to its original form, put the house in her stepdaughter’s name, and sent the two stepsons to live with the Pancakes (which, now that I think of it, was very unnecessary). She then took $20,000 and Sabrina and bought a small plot of land on an island of Windenburg where she began living off the land. She gardened to earn money, fished for her breakfast and dinner and roasted it over a fire, lived in a tent, and peed in a bush. She gave birth to a baby boy that she named Sony, and then began dreaming of having a large family. She continued seeing Sergio and continued getting pregnant by him, but she never told him. She would just call him over and surprise him with a new baby in a new bassinet. She no longer intended to marry him, but she was completely in love with him. More time passed. Sabrina and Sony were soon joined by siblings Shane, Shaun, Sierra, Selena, and Sydney. Shelby had since began woodworking in order to build necessities like bathtubs for her family, and she eventually broke into her growing funds (building 3 bathtubs a day brought in $3,500 a day! better than having to work your way up the ladder if you ask me) to build a small home for her family of 8. They all shared the 4 double beds in the single bedroom, and there was one couch, three bathrooms, a small kitchen, and a dining room with a table and chairs handmade by Shelby herself. By the time Sabrina grew up, she became interested in the party lifestyle, which her mother (for obvious reasons) discourages her of. Sabrina didn’t listen though, and said she would do better than her mother had ever done with her woohoo club. She reassembled Partihaus and made them even better, replacing that DJ social club hangout in the basement of that really nice night club in Windenburg into a hangout for her club so they could literally live at the club. The hangout had beds, bathrooms, and a kitchen. Sabrina, too, soon felt wasted away by the life she had chosen, and decided to give up the party lifestyle and marry her high school sweetheart. (Around this time, Shelby married Sergio.) She had a baby girl named Sophia and a baby boy named Samuel, after her mother’s 8th child that was kidnapped while the family was away (actually my game just glitched from having 9 people in one household but it’s much more interesting to say he was kidnapped), and that’s as far as I’ve gotten with them.

this is really cool. thanks:)
  • Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    My current story is about high school sweethearts. Living the dream, perfect family of four, just bought their dream house. Etc. The Couple decide to go out for their Anniversary, when the wife orders poorly cooked puffer fish and dies, Leaving the father alone to raise their two horribly rotten boys. I’m planning on him grieving for awhile, one of the boys will age into a teen and go down a awful path. :D
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    My current story is about high school sweethearts. Living the dream, perfect family of four, just bought their dream house. Etc. The Couple decide to go out for their Anniversary, when the wife orders poorly cooked puffer fish and dies, Leaving the father alone to raise their two horribly rotten boys. I’m planning on him grieving for awhile, one of the boys will age into a teen and go down a awful path. :D

omg this is actually really interesting tysm ahhaaha
  • BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    I have a lot of married couples with lots of kids, but I make sure to add some crazy households into my game and I create some simple rules to keep it fun. So far I have

- a childish alien that lives in a cotton candy kind of house, full of toys. She invites kids to play and gain fun mainly from her dollhouse and watching kid channels on TV. This one is so freaking cute
    - a comic books villain, a klepto that uses the freeze ray to steal things to make a living. I need to build a bank and create a gang club to raid it together just for the giggles
    - lusty vampires obsessed over some human, they need to always keep them under control and the human must be at least under one power effect all the time like that attraction aura, command, make them confused with hallucinations. I have two sisters in love with the same guy, there's some serious sibling rivalry drama with these ones
    - mad scientist. Someone mentioned a clone war, I can't believe I never thought about it, gonna try it for sure
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Ooo, love the ideas, especially the one about the vampire scientist and cloning...thanks for the tips. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @MasonGamer There's are plenty of people, including me that been able to use our games to tell stories. Sure we need to use outside poses..but that's a minor thing

Right I feel people tend to limit their stories/creativity on what is possible to do in the game, {Guilty of that} and that's not right.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • computerboyboycomputerboyboy Posts: 3 New Member
    Maybe try introducing more diversity in dating, for example a lesbian couple find love and adopt 2 kids, one of the parents dies and due to financial reasons, the family has to move into a shabby apartment in San Myshuno. Hope i was of assistance ;)