Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• alonzohardy77alonzohardy77 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I would like to be a beta tester for this as well! I have plenty of careers I'd like to make.
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    Hello Neia,
    If you are still looking for testers, I am interested in giving it a try. I've had some career tracks I've planned out in notebooks for years that could be updated for TS4. Thanks for reading; hope the project goes well either or!
  • waerlogaswaerlogas Posts: 1 New Member
    This sounds amazing! If you're still looking for testers I would love to give it a try
  • victor213salasvictor213salas Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Neia said:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I've made a web-based tool to help modders in the creation of custom careers, and I'm looking for some beta-testers.
    >
    > Here are the main features so far :
    > - Create rabbit hole careers
    > - Add tracks, upload icon and picture
    > - Add levels and customize the required mood, schedule, salary, objectives, performance and PTO
    > - Add translation of texts
    > - Export the ressources in a zip file, ready to be packaged or compiled
    > - Get updated versions when a new patch requires it
    >
    > Some other tools are required to finish the mod :
    > - A packaging tool like S4PE to create the .package
    > - Python for the PTO interaction
    >
    > Let me know if you're interested, I'll create an account for you (no email required) and send you the info by PM.

Are you still creating this? I hope you are because it will be interesting and there are plenty of careers id like to make
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Yes, it's still open for new users :)
    I've noticed that some career levels don't always display every promotion task. Some levels of my career have three (or two) and they don't appear, whereas other levels show the appropriate amount of tasks.
    Also, the gardening skill won't show up in game as a task. Has anyone experienced either issue?
  • OfficialComplexOfficialComplex Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Neia said:
    > Yes, it's still open for new users :)

Is there a way, I could get a link for this career making tool.
  • LanxysLanxys Posts: 1 New Member
    @Neia I want to try. Please, create me an account. =)
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    mauvejinjo wrote: »
    I've noticed that some career levels don't always display every promotion task. Some levels of my career have three (or two) and they don't appear, whereas other levels show the appropriate amount of tasks.
    Also, the gardening skill won't show up in game as a task. Has anyone experienced either issue?

Some of the objectives require the "Neia_Careers_Commons.package" which should be included in your zip when you export your career. Do you have this file in your mod folder ?
    @Neia Yes, I do. (It's from 1/9/18) The strange thing is, Gardening never shows up for the florist career, and after level 7 of the mortician career, only one of the two skills show up, even though they are still listed in the create-a-career tool.
  • acvigueacvigue Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Neia, can I have an account? I have extensive knowledge of Python and S4PE and S4S. Thank you!
  • Laura2112Laura2112 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone ! Someone can help me ?

After create a mod, we have to do these step:

Creating the .ts4script

- Copy paste the .py inside your Python install directory
    - Open a command line console (cmd on Windows)
    - Run Python 3.3 with the -O option (eg C://Python33/Python.exe -O)
    - Import the .py (eg import Neia_Careers_Law.py)
    - Get the .pyo from the __pycache__ subdirectory
    - Add both the .pyo and .py to a zip file
    - Change the extension to .ts4script

I don't know how to do that ^^ I have just change the extension and the mod works in my game but I would like to learn how to do these step.

I have another question: how can we add chance cards to our carreer mod ?

And what is PTO Tooltip ?

Thank you very much !

And Happy new year !

And sorry for my bad english ^^
  • Laura2112Laura2112 Posts: 3 New Member
    OMG ! I finally got it ! I didnt' understand how to create the .ts4script ! But I finally got it. I am an genius. But if someone can explain me how to create new chance cardq for my first new career, I would be very happy !
  • hbcublackgirlhbcublackgirl Posts: 1 New Member
    May I try the tool out as well?
  • SmithersT5SmithersT5 Posts: 2 New Member
    Is this still available for new users? If it was, I would like to try it.
  • plumbgoddessplumbgoddess Posts: 1 New Member
    I just found out today that thisexists. I would like to try out this program as well, please.
  • hugoballsackhugoballsack Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like to try too, please.
  • tuxedokamensamatuxedokamensama Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Neia!! Love your education mod and would love to be a beta tester, please!
  • sugarstepssugarsteps Posts: 210 Member
    Hello, if this is still available I would love to be a beta tester.
  • ChiKhunChiKhun Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Neia! Is this still available? I'm creating the HP world in the Sims and would like to make wizarding careers ;)
  • SimmerRockySimmerRocky Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey! is this still happening? I've been looking everywhere for a custom career tutorial or programme! id happily test for you :)
    For some reason my sims dont get promoted even though their performance meter is full? can someone help?
    @SimmerRocky Let's test something... First try cheating to promote your Sim. Does your career have a cheat code/PTO tooltip?
    If that works, perhaps there is a skill requirement that (although is set in the tool) doesn't appear in game.
  • BreezaaRoseBreezaaRose Posts: 105 Member
    If you need help with anything I'm happy to try and help, I'm been wanting to learn mod creating so this would be a good place to start :)
    mJoj-3.gif

@mauvejinjo @BreezaaRose Thank you, Its all working now. I removed the Neia_Careers_Common.package file and it worked. Only thing is, I'm not sure how to use python to sort the PTO. Any simplified (and I mean simplified) directions would be great lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top