Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caleb wants to turn my sim into a vampire

I have a sim who just started dating Caleb Vatore. They're friendship is maxed and the romance bar is about 25%. Three days into dating, Caleb calls my sims saying that he has something to ask her and if she'd come over. I accept and let her hang out at his place. They hung out for awhile when suddenly I got a pop up saying that Caleb wants to make my sim a vampire and giving me the option or accept or refuse. I haven't dived too far into the vampire pack so I was rather surprised by this. I had planned to have her ask him to turn her later on, but I didn't know NPC vamps could offer to turn on their own. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Yes, it happens. He won't force the issue unless you have a mod that affects vampire autonomy. (Also I've found that saying "yes" doesn't usually work anyway, although asking to be turned does.)
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member

I went ahead and said yes and luckily he did turn her. I had a vampire/mortal couple in another save with max bars and such a thing never happened. I do love random surprises like this though. =)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    tanakaki wrote: »
    I went ahead and said yes and luckily he did turn her. I had a vampire/mortal couple in another save with max bars and such a thing never happened. I do love random surprises like this though. =)

I believe only the Vattore siblings are coded to present that offer, as a sort of vampire tutorial similar to Vlad's phone calls. So player created or randomly spawned vampires would never ask.
  • CeltiaChanCeltiaChan Posts: 36 Member
    One of my created vampire with the power to turn did ask my sim it was cute. It does work it is not only the Vattore who ask.
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    I've only had it happened once but with my current sim both the regular social and romantic social are maxed out and Caleb has called to hang out at least 5 times now. I've been having my sim work too hard to go places so he's always tired so we haven't accepted.

I wonder if it's always like that when a vampire calls and says they want to ask something and if we wanna hang out if that's always going to lead to being asked if we want to be turned.
    I think I'll test it and see when Caleb asks again.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    My Sim and Caleb were good friends/casual lovers. He invited her to "talk about something important."
    She went over, and before he could offer to turn her he saw something shiny and forgot all about it.
    Caleb's easily distracted. I don't think he's ever finished a bowling game either.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    The answer is yes. (From my earlier post.)
    It took a while but Caleb finally invited my sim over because he had something important to ask us again.
    It took a moment too, but the message finally popped up that Caleb wanted to give us the gift of eternal life.
    So glad to be a vampire again.
  • HarleyQuinnZTHarleyQuinnZT Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="TheLibrarySim;c-15757892"]My Sim and Caleb were good friends/casual lovers. He invited her to "talk about something important."
    She went over, and before he could offer to turn her he saw something shiny and forgot all about it.
    Caleb's easily distracted. I don't think he's ever finished a bowling game either.[/quote]

i have a lady sim and she met caleb vatore not long after my sim moved in we became best friends forever. The friendship bar is max and started to do the romance bar and now that is at its max but i havent had a text from caleb vatore i wad woundering how long will it take him to text my sim they have just started to be boyfriend and girlfriend.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I didn't know they could ask to turn, that's pretty cool!
    Hello i need a little help
    My normal male sim has a girlfriend called liberty lee she gave birth a few days later but the baby turns to be a vampire not a normal sim. So i was woundering how that can happen. If two normal sims have a vampire baby. Does it happen if you use house lots or is it normal for two sims to have a vampire baby.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    My normal male sim has a girlfriend called liberty lee she gave birth a few days later but the baby turns to be a vampire not a normal sim. So i was woundering how that can happen. If two normal sims have a vampire baby. Does it happen if you use house lots or is it normal for two sims to have a vampire baby.
    Have you enabled the lot trait 'On A Dark Ley Line'? –> The dark energy here has an impact on all nocturnal activities. You can expect babies conceived here to require extra care while teething.
    I think i have that but my normal male sim lives by his self so i was woundering if it was a trait or something to do with the house. Thank you
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member

This happens in my game a lot but nobody else seems to have had it happen as I couldn't find anything on it. What happens in my game tends to be that if a vampire baby has been born in a house before, all other children born there are vampires even if it isn't a ley line house. If yours is a ley line then that probably solves the problem, but if it isn't, it sounds like your game, like mine, activates secret ley lines without telling you. In my case I think families get stuck in the vampire baby rut although I had one sim that was born a vampire to a family who had no vampire children of their own but the sister of one of the parents is a vampire and so is her son and they currently live together.

I am not sure of all the parameters with vampire babies but you can turn off the vampire traits. There's a cheat code for turning off occult features. I can't remember it off hand but if you google I am sure it will come up.

Liberty never had a child in my game so I don't know if she has any hidden trait that makes it more likely for her to do that but I suspect not because she's from the base game I *think*.
  • sasuxnaruxsakusasuxnaruxsaku Posts: 41 Member
    I had this happen to me now LOL. I hit yes, I wonder if Caleb wanted his friend around him so he doesn't feel lonely (She was at the end of her Young Audlt Life, she had 14 days left I think). He also turn my Sim's boyfriend as well. I was plaining to have her boyfriend turn her later on. But this works. I can't believe he ask a pregnant sim to turn into a vampire. I am surprise a vampire can ask a sim o.o I thought I wasn't going to get that option again so I accept it. :) ;)
    Origin ID: sasuxnaruxsaku
    Sims 3 Acc: narusasulover16
    SimsAmino: https://aminoapps.com/c/sims/page/user/sasukexnaruxsakura/bNJH_Gf0140r5DwDqVz035dVBEqbJ62
    sims_forums_signature_by_narusasulover16-dcbvagx.png

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Yup, he done to my sims quite often. i like Caleb but he sometimes can be a pain in the neck. as was trying to keep my sims as human to have human and vampire family, but nope..that idea goes flying throws out the window..and there was a few times I'd ignored the "call" Mr valtore don't get the message is why keep garlic at fount door or back door prevent him coming in..and gates locked if not him is Vlad..oy.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2018
    Also "yes" to the topic. My teen sim that lived with her grandmother befriended Caleb. Soon after on some random visit at Caleb's, he offered to turn her - naturally he waited until she was sitting on the toilet, doing her business... Now grandma has to occasionally provide some rather interesting drinks to her grandchild. :D
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    i like Caleb but he sometimes can be a pain in the neck.

lol
    Also "yes" to the topic. My teen sim that lived with her grandmother befriended Caleb. Soon after on some random visit at Caleb's, he offered to turn her - naturally he waited until she was sitting on the toilet, doing her business... Now grandma has to occasionally provide some rather interesting drinks to her grandchild. :D

lol

:D I like this thread.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    I have had a Sim turned by Caleb ask another of my Sims, if they would like to be turned into a Vampire, which I thought was really neat and sweet given that they were Teen sweethearts.
    Caleb is one of my favorite sims ^^ I can't wait to get a call from him to ask to that to one of my sims again ^^
    SimsAmino: https://aminoapps.com/c/sims/page/user/sasukexnaruxsakura/bNJH_Gf0140r5DwDqVz035dVBEqbJ62

• ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    I have played around with the vampire pack several times and Caleb was always my go to vampire vampire for romance. Never have ever been asked by him to turn my sim till last night in my legacy he asked the girl he has a child with if she would like to become a vampire. Now this throws my whole story off because I just loved the fact he asked her when in the story line I had pretended he asked her then out of no where I get a call saying he has something important to talk to her about. Any ways I think it is very cool that they have this set up to happen that the vampires can ask your sim if they want to be turned.
    Shellbell wrote: »
    I have played around with the vampire pack several times and Caleb was always my go to vampire vampire for romance. Never have ever been asked by him to turn my sim till last night in my legacy he asked the girl he has a child with if she would like to become a vampire. Now this throws my whole story off because I just loved the fact he asked her when in the story line I had pretended he asked her then out of no where I get a call saying he has something important to talk to her about. Any ways I think it is very cool that they have this set up to happen that the vampires can ask your sim if they want to be turned.

Yea I like that to. It makes the Vampires more come to life! :D:wink: