March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire's Slaves Challenge

Comments

• nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited January 2017
    Work my underlings! Work!!!

5AH9B0M.jpg
    CsgVrxE.jpg

----

Now that I'm in the mid-game of the challenge, I need to decide what to do with ghosts in the challenge.

Currently, I'm thinking of keeping them. But your vampire or your slave cannot befriend them and add them to the household. It would be unfair to do so since they'll retain their skills.

I don't want to release their spirits since I want the mansion to be haunted. Like, really really haunted.

It will be interesting once I'm near the end. Already, the bills are at 4k, and I just lost my star painters (all 3 of them). I'm back to 400 simoleon paintings.

Royalties seems to work. But I learned that they stop once the author passes away.
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    edited January 2017
    Updated the rules once more!

I added a rule regarding ghosts. You can have them, but you can't add them in your household. That would give you an unfair advantage. Also, you cannot release their spirit to the netherrealm. Your mansion is a hotbed of evilness and ghastly things!

Amended the "New Game Setup" requiring you to designate your vampire sim as "Cannot Get Pregnant."

Created a new section for "retiring" slaves. ;)

Finally, I added a section for Handicaps. Basically, these will be difficulties to add spice to the challenge. Here's what I have so far:
    • BETTER WITH AGE: Only target Adult sims. No Young Adults.
    • NO REWARDS: Vampire and slaves cannot purchase potions or rewards traits.
    • CRUEL SLAVEMASTER: Slave’s bedroom, kitchen and bathroom should have the cheapest furnitures and fixtures.
    • NO REST FOR THE WICKED: Vampire cannot Hibernate.
    • ROSEBLOOD: Complete the "Rosebud" Achievement.
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    Added a new handicap :p

[*] PICKY EATER: Only target one gender.
    edited January 2017
    Added another handicap. I think I'll do this on the next playtest :D

• I <3 YOU: Can only "Ask to Move In" sims with Boyfriend/Girlfriend relationship status.
    edited January 2017
    Added another handicap (POWERLESS: All vampire powers are forbidden except for Control Emotions and Deprive Needs).

Also removed a handicap (ROSEBLOOD: Achieve the rosebud achievement).

Handicaps are basically traits for this challenge. Roseblood would not qualify as a "trait" per se.
    edited January 2017

Fledermaus Bend

Dear Diary,

My three slaves. The first three slaves I had acquired are all withering and dying.

Sergio was beginning to go gray. At first, I didn't mind at all. But as time went by, I grew to detest it. The cruelty of time, the fragility of mortality reminded me why I had turned, why I had chosen the life of a vampyre.

I admired Sergio. He had a beautiful body and an amicable personality. Because of that, I had granted him a merciful death. Hysteria.

Brodie was mean, and he caused grievances among my slaves, ruining the positive emotions they had. Because of that, I had granted him a painful death. Enraged.

And my dearest, dearest Bob. How I admired your masterpieces and artwork. How you raised my estate to the value it is now. You were not the first, yet you will be my favorite. Along with Sergio, I had given him Hysteria, the only fitting death for a prized slave.

I anticipate that my income will be impacted greatly. No matter. I have newly acquired slaves, and they will yield me money in no time. Finally, I can afford a device they call "computer." I heard that novels and books are good money makers. We shall see.

- The Countess

Photographs Attached: http://imgur.com/a/AL9BU
    Hmm...

I think ghosts should be released. Or at least an option that you can release them. I'm encountering a problem where a haunting occurs while everybody is asleep. This will slow down the fast forward speed and can be annoying.
    Front page is updated. Changed the ugly bullet-points into readable paragraphs.

Some sections were moved here and there. I also created new sections to give the rules a better flow when reading through it.

The ghosts are staying. Although they are annoying, it does add a sense of "haunting" to your game.

I am currently at 160,000 simoleons on my challenge. My cash cows are gone, replaced by new underlings. I got lucky when I moved in a slave that had painting skill leveled up through their own volition.
    Just like in my Time Lord Challenge, I am very OCD with this one too!

I renamed the challenge (again!). It is now the "Vampire's Slaves Challenge," which I believe captures the heart of this challenge.

Fledermaus Bend

Dear Diary,

With my three slaves gone, I have set out to look for fresh meat. The coffers need filling, and I myself cannot, should not, will not work to fill it to the brim.

Vlad had the audacity to visit my estate. Of course he laughed at me and my budding mansion. We had an altercation. I won.

When I've finished wiping him off the floor, I set out to hunt. Four new slaves have been added to the estate. They were enthusiastic at first, but became horrified as soon as they stepped into my mansion. The ghosts haunt the night, and these slaves were ill-prepared to witness such phenomena.

Soon they will join their ranks. Soon.

- The Countess

Photographs Attached: http://imgur.com/a/j58AJ
    edited February 2017
    Slaves having a nice meal together. As always, Don Lothario showing off...

rQy2m9j.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Rules are updated. I added two new handicaps: Division of Labor and Eat Local. ;)

Also created a new section called "Repopulation." I added a rule where you must randomize two traits foe created and downloaded sims. One trait is safe or can be chosen by you.

Also added a Q&A.
    Updated the scores.

I added a section to incentivize Handicaps. Currently, you will be scored on how much Handicaps you take, and the limit is three.
    edited February 2017
    One minor tweak: since no one can get jobs or careers, I am allowing the cheat bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement for this challenge.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Muahahaha I love this. Made my sim self go get vampired and am messing with this offline. Not sure if I'll turn it into a series or not - but I found this as I was thinking of building a house and this seemed like a perfect way to put both together. Make those vampire slaves make my money to build my house, hehehee
    Muahahaha I love this. Made my sim self go get vampired and am messing with this offline. Not sure if I'll turn it into a series or not - but I found this as I was thinking of building a house and this seemed like a perfect way to put both together. Make those vampire slaves make my money to build my house, hehehee

The Room Challenge was the primary inspiration for this. The fun thing about that challenge was the insanity that your sim goes through. Lol.

I figured that I'd do something in the same vein, but with slaves. And what better way to do that as a vampire kween. >:)
    I'm feeling confident with the rules. I just need to finish it to make it official. I'm at 210,000 simoleons, so I am 140,000 away from completing the challenge.

Once done, I want to try achieving Rosebud. I think it will be very challenging since sims are discarded fast after they reach their highest potential.

I'm aiming to finish this challenge this weekend (if time permits).
    Hmm... the ghosts painted something for me and was sellable too. I may need to revise the rules regarding the ghosts.
    Updated rules.

Added a rule that you cannot have more than 20,000 simoleons in reserves. If you have more than that, you must spend it.

I noticed in my playtest that I held on to my money after I finished Level 3 of Mansion Baron. It's a strategy so I don't get slammed with bills.

But holding on to the cash was too safe and it takes away the challenge aspect of it. So, to curtail that, you must spend the money. I gave a limit of 20,000 so you can save cash when the bills do come.
    Challenge done! Here are the results:

+38 days lived (73 days lived - 35 days from start)
    +24 uncomfortable
    -45 sims drank from
    -8 (4 urns/tombstone)

TOTAL SCORE: +9

FI79rVh.jpg
    xfhAi6y.jpg
    JKP4JM3.jpg
    ExuB4EA.png

----

I'm fairly happy with the current rules. I'm taking a break on doing a second playtest on this. Once I get around doing another one, I will try to refine it even more.
  • ElviraSlayerElviraSlayer Posts: 1 New Member
    Bleeeeeh!

But first, let me say "hi nastyjman!" as you and your challenge are the reason I decided to finally sign up here.
    This challenge is literally draining the life out of me, and ... what can I say... I love it! I've been playing only the challenge for literal days now (whenever I could manage to spend time on the Sims), and it's oh so very tedious. One thing, however, happened in my game which left me with an entirely different situation, and I'm not sure the event is covered by your rules.
    What happened? Well, the game decided that my vampire really wanted to go outside, and she burned into a crisp approximately three seconds later. Needless to say, I was devastated and didn't want to give up on my progress simply because my vampire had died. So, what I did was rather unorthodox... the "head thrall" of my vampire's household (guildmistress to the domestic thralls) decided to become a vampire herself in order to finish the challenge, but then I decided to buy the "Garden Stuff" expansion instead to try and revive my vamp through the Wishing Well. Of course, the now turned vampire head thrall had to go (she died an honorable death), and my original vampire took over again. Vampires are so oh easily killed. One house fire, and everyone runs outside (including vampires) to burn in the sun. One glitch, and everyone spawns outside in the sun. Bleh!

Anyway, although I've bent the rules a bit here and there (nothing major, really, I tried to stick with the spirit of the challenge) it's going to be a big relief once I manage to beat it. Thank you for creating this insanely difficult challenge (at least for me, I hate having to take care of more than one Sim at once), I'm having so much fun ... and frustration at the same time! ;-)
    @ElviraSlayer LOL!! You gotta love the glitches sometimes. <- yes and no. Hahahaa
    I started this offline - first day playing, made my sim a vampire, got her a slave... she needed fun.. she had some fun with her slave... got pregnant :/
    It's like they WANT to do things that are against the rules. LOL!!!
    *That's what I get for having mods. Hahahaaa
    Putting up the first part of this on my channel this week. The Space Muffins have voted and this one made it in for one of my new series on rotation :D
  • sasuxnaruxsakusasuxnaruxsaku Posts: 41 Member
    I just made a starter home for this o.o I made it look rundown.
    If you guys want to check it, It's called "Vampire Slave's Starter"
    ID: NaruSasuLoverX16
    (Can't post links yet, Sorry!)
    ----
    I had fun making it o.o I am going to try out for myself.
    Origin ID: sasuxnaruxsaku
    Sims 3 Acc: narusasulover16
    SimsAmino: https://aminoapps.com/c/sims/page/user/sasukexnaruxsakura/bNJH_Gf0140r5DwDqVz035dVBEqbJ62
    sims_forums_signature_by_narusasulover16-dcbvagx.png

• imitateartimitateart Posts: 1 New Member
    This will be my first challenge - it seems quite fun so far. I've added the following rules

The blood oath will be enhanced using the club feature
    - When a new thrall is added, whichever club activity (i.e. money making capability that can be done on the estate) they choose to engage in first becomes their "Job".
    - Club perks will be spent to increase the speed at which thralls gain ability in their professions

Thralls that choose writing or painting will be treated better than those that dirty their hands with lesser tasks
    - nicer amenities in their cells, once the estate has earned enough to afford them
    - their fist masterpiece will be kept to memorialize them in a gallery dedicated to their works. If it is a painting, it will be named after them
    - they will be guaranteed kind death
    - their needs will be actively managed, whereas others will be left to fend for themselves
    - the master will initiate conversations with them, and may even take them as lovers
    - the master will only feed on them with permission
    - they will be allowed to participate in dinner parties as guests
    - they may join the master on supervised outings
    - their urns and gravestones will be kept within an indoor crypt

Only the master may be a musician

Vlad must be killed by the master after completing the aspiration part of the challenge