Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roller Coaster, Carnival and; Amore builds - please post your pics

Comments

• HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    My dear AlphaFen I didn't even know you had such talents :o
    The Castle Theme Park looks marvellous and stunning! Not to mention the idea of it! Really outstanding work and mind.
    I guess I have to envy my sims visiting it... I would definitely need something like this around here :mrgreen:
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited November 2015
    Thank you all for your kind words :blush:<3 I'm glad I put a chapel in too, finally my sims can get married somewhere other than outside Hogan's Diners....my Sims are not known for their class :*

Long time no see! It's nice to see you @Heledriel :) Oh and I don't know if my mind is outstanding....I'm afraid to look in there ;)
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I'm happy people continue to share their builds on this thread. I had no idea it was still going. Bookmarked! :smiley:

These are all SO good. *Thumbs up* (I gave you recommends). B)

I made a lot of "firsts" with this build, but I'm pretty happy with it, anyway. :sweat_smile:
    1) First roller coaster
    2) First castle
    3) First use of the fog emitter
    4) First use of greenhouse
    5) First tent

Lady Bowmaster's Amusements

Screenshot_zpsjitveekp.jpg
    Screenshot-30_zpsjemanu1f.jpg
    Screenshot-83_zpstg4dpsla.jpg
    Screenshot-29_zpsotinkilf.jpg
    Screenshot-11_zpslmellqg6.jpg
    Screenshot-89_zpsw8scm9to.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zpsxstwhnvc.jpg
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Looks like Sims 3 is stronger than before! B)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sharing my latest rollercoaster lot... made for a DNA team request.

Universal Adventure Park
    Download => thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8809882
    More pictures => forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14353751/#Comment_14353751

IOPXl4S.jpg

BirdsEyeNew_zps3buoel7v.jpg
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »

Universal Adventure Park
    More pictures => forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14353751/#Comment_14353751

[img][/img]UniversalCover.jpg_zpso8ynid9a.jpg

[img][/img]BirdsEyeNew_zps3buoel7v.jpg

Looks awesome.
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    @5W33TH34RT - I tend to avoid CC in my exchange builds, unless noted, so feel free to download, and enjoy the parks! Several of them up these days.
    edited May 2016
    @CandySims14 - Great park! I really like the way you did the coaster all in water like that; gives it a very cool feel and look! Recommended and added.

@CatDog123 - Love yours as well! Really neat idea, having it go through a waterfall like that! Now you have me thinking of what else we could do with the coasters and fog emitters. Recommended and added, and thanks for the inspiration!
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »

Universal Adventure Park

[img][/img]UniversalCover.jpg_zpso8ynid9a.jpg

[img][/img]BirdsEyeNew_zps3buoel7v.jpg

I love this! It looks so awesome <3
  • AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    I feel a bit strange posting this here with all the carnivals and theme parks, but it’s Amore-themed so I thought this would be the best place. :) With a little help from the wonderful new build objects we got on Thursday, I’ve built a little village church ideal for rural England.

Screenshot-3200_zps7a15c95e.jpg
    Screenshot-3201_zps87860155.jpg
    Screenshot-3204_zps2d59c0d9.jpg
    Screenshot-3205_zps95cc57dc.jpg
    Screenshot-3207_zps9f996ffb.jpg
    Screenshot-3208_zps9d6e0d5e.jpg

Hi @alexspoom13 ! I've been hoping that you were to upload that pretty church to The Exchange by now, but no such luck.

And lots of new, great work with the theme parks everybody! :open_mouth:
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @alexspoom13 Beautiful church <3

Thanks @catloverplayer and @06Bon06 for your super nice remarks on my Universal Adventure Park. It was quite fun creating it.

Some totally great creations on this thread. Looking forward to seeing more :smiley:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited October 2016
    I've not looked at this thread for a while. There are some very inspirational builds still being posted here. Well done everyone.

@TreyNutz this is the inspirational thread I mentioned to you but couldn't post a link. I hope you find some inspiration in here.
    @AlphaFen and @60smusicluvr - awesome castle-themed parks!! Will have to check them out in game.

@soocoolsim - will have to check yours as well. It's cool how differently we all do these parks, and how amazing they can look so many ways!

@alexspoom13 - beautiful little church!
    My favourite thread. I love building with the Rollercoaster and use the lots I built with it in most of my games.
    edited April 2017
    I just went through all of my posts in this thread to make my images visible - again.

I also considered trying to fix the index but don't have time to go through the entire thread again trying to work out the correct page numbers. The other issue is the length of the posts. The posts in the new forum don't allow as much text as they did in the old forums. When I tried to edit an index post in one of these threads, after doing a lot of work to update it, I found I couldn't save it because there was too many characters in the post. I had to remove a large number of the references and move them to the next post I did. That meant the next one was too long. Fortunately I had another shorter post on the front page that I could move things to but that isn't the case in this thread. So I've decided to leave it as it is for now.

Many of the images in this thread are no longer working due to people removing their pictures from the photo sharing sites, but more are missing due to different requirements of this forum for displaying the photos.

I've discovered, if you have any images here that are no longer showing, you might be able to get them back if you edit your post and make sure the image link begins with [ I M G ] and ends with [ / I M G ] without the internal spaces. If you have url before and after [ i m g ] then remove the extra leading and following text so that it starts with [ i m g ] and ends with [/ i m g] without the spaces.
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the heads up @Karritz . I'll try to see if I can fix mine :smile:

EDIT: Holy smoke... didn't realize how many pics were broken until I started looking. I think I've found all in this thread. Now to work through all my other threads. What a bummer. So glad you flagged this Karritz.
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
    This is my steampunk community lot known as The Brass Extravaganza!

Ugh, just realized I forgot the exclamation point in this photo. Just to be clear, it's The Brass Extravaganza! with the exclamation point at the end, ok?

SteamPark_zpscv3nshw8.png

As you can tell, this lot makes use of the beautiful observatory from Midnight Hollow. I couldn't resist. Unfortunately, placing it on a lot like this overrides the lot type. :s At least, sort of. When you're sims go there, they'll get the beautiful park moodlet. The only sims on it will be those working at the cash registers and those working in the observatory. I tried multiple times trying to come up with a solution. I actually only changed it to a Big Park last minute because the live show venue won't allow sims to throw parties there and that is my solution... Select "throw party at..." to get other sims to use the lot. You could also have your sim hop into the hot tub and invite people to join from the surrounding community lots. This process is sort of a bugger, but it will make the lot a lot more fun. It's just a shame I couldn't get it to work as I intended because there are so many things for sims to do there. :( One of those includes the showtime stage. There are proprietors that will be around a lot. I tried to see if it was working correctly, so I could take a picture, but I honestly don't know. Before I was done finishing the lot, there was one sim that did give a show, but she was AWFUL. Assuming the stage still works, I kept it there and I would think it would, if it worked before. The observatory was the very first thing I placed, so there shouldn't be a conflict there, I don't think. :neutral:

Another issue I faced was placing the lot in a neighborhood. It will look just like the image above, unless you need to rotate it, in which case the roof will go out of place. I suggest placing it in the lot as you wish and then redo the roof. Here are my steps to get it looking good as new:
    1. Delete the roof
    2. Move the Victorian roof to a different location, temporarily
    3. Place the Octagonal Mansard roof
    4. Open cheat window
    5. "moveobjects on"
    6. Hover the Victorian Roof on the floor below (that's the black section, so the Victorian Roof doesn't stick out as tall)
    7. Press the alt key to place the Victorian Roof in the correct location
    8. "Moveobjects off"
    9. Done!

And that's it with the issues I had. I just want to be forthcoming about it, so everyone knows what their getting into, first.

So, onto my pictures and usual chitter chatter. ;)

The lot has two points of entry. One of which (this is the main one btw) is right in front of the stores you see in the second photo below. The other point of entry or exit is in the right hand corner way behind the pond and next to the spring riders. If you want, you can delete the second entry and close it with the fence. This way, you don't have to find a specific lot for it to work in, if you know what I mean.
    brass3_zpsbt75zzcd.png

The Brass Extravaganza! is home to several different stores to visit including a bakery, restaurant, toy store, an elixir shop and a clothing "store" (I put this in quotes because I'm not using the display pedestals from ITF. You can only change them, if you own the lot. Why did EA decide this? I don't know, but it put a damper on my building process. There is, however, a work around with a mod).

brass2_zps26qw7ghp.png
    Screenshot-314_zpsgwyrokke.jpg
    brass4_zps42aon9z1.png
    brass8_zpsqj4qt3eg.png
    brass5_zpstc06ngq2.png
    Screenshot-377_zpsfzkn0bi9.jpg

So that the clothing store isn't just for decoration, I placed an easel on the second floor, so sims can practice designing. You can also see that this lot is for the whole family. In addition to the toy store and in many cases the sims can "test" an object in it, there's a toddler playpen, a syfi treehouse, a teeter totter, spring riders, games, and a place to play in the sand. Kids cannot order from the restaurant or bakery, so I placed a small fridge to meet their needs. :)
    brass9_zpsyul0j8ai.png

There's different amusements for sims to participate in throughout the lot.

Screenshot-364_zpsgijrmba8.jpg
    Screenshot-308_zpsoopufona.jpg
    Screenshot-389_zpsdyhpejqi.jpg
    Screenshot-310_zpsw2boo1gi.jpg
    ]Screenshot-360_zpsr39ec0jt.jpg
    Screenshot-318_zpsbolqmizu.jpg

...And a fake place to take pictures, behind the haunted house.
    Screenshot-332_zpsyplc9xkd.jpg

Just some additional shots...
    brass10_zps61or4scs.png
    It took me several hours to figure out how to do this roller coaster. I had already placed the observatory and built the shell of the bakery/restaurant and really wanted to get the roller coaster loop over the building. I had used place friezes to get the middle section, so trying to place the loop was especially difficult. The stilts weren't tall enough to reach the top of the building and, when I tried to place some stilts on top of the roof, the placement of loop wouldn't connect to my already placed track pieces. Somehow or another, I got it to work, building intact, but just barely. The final problem was to connect the beginning and end pieces together. I started from the end of the track and started making my way to the front, but stopped doing that to begin at the starting point, hoping to connect the pieces somewhere in the middle. There is no way I would have succeeded without getting rid of the stilts. I tried and tried, so that's why the track is floating with absolutely no support. At least it allowed me to come up with a story for the upload. Haha. :D
    brass7_zpsfd5wkx1h.png
    brass6_zpsaambxrbp.png
    Screenshot-320_zpsqiymjja8.jpgScreenshot-304_zpswq6c1wni.jpg

Well, I hope you all enjoy. I've been working on this one on and off for a couple weeks. I finally decided to go through with my idea to gut Aurora Skies and make it a steampunk themed world. I downloaded a few lots from the exchange and am excited to make the town feel alive. This is just the start of that goal.

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @60smusicluvr , what a cool and unique amusement park Brass Extravaganza! is. Such fun stuff to do on the lot and lots of cool colors you've got going on. I don't have all of the steampunk items, but I will be dl'ing it to get a closer look. Awesome lot, got ya rec'd.
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr , what a cool and unique amusement park Brass Extravaganza! is. Such fun stuff to do on the lot and lots of cool colors you've got going on. I don't have all of the steampunk items, but I will be dl'ing it to get a closer look. Awesome lot, got ya rec'd.

Aww! AWESOME. I like that I can share my work with others. B)>:)

@60smusicluvr , what a cool, fun and colourful build. You can see lots of work went into The Brass Extravaganza! Yep, working with coaster can be a challenge and you did great. For some reason your pics remind me of Alice in Wonderland and being in a totally different world. Heading off to rec now. Well done :smiley:
    @60smusicluvr that steampunk roller coaster park is very impressive. Thanks for posting it here.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I spent some time yesterday working on my Midnight Hollow save getting the world ready to port the Ballan family back in. I kinda got side tracked. I had saved the changes I made to Pitch Park in my previous save and after I added it to the new Midnight Hollow I had this bright idea to make a roller coaster. I've never done one from scratch before so I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, dag, many hours later when I had the whole park torn apart to get the coaster in I wondered why I didn't just start with an empty lot! :o I find even as old as I am that I learn new things every day. I just wish sometimes I'd learn before I start tearing parks apart. I did get it finished today. I had made Odessa and her brother my temporary actives so I made them ride it and it worked first try! Woot woot!

I still don't have seasons in so it is only missing festival stuff. Lots of fun stuff to do on the lot including eating areas as well as loads of fun games.
    39664061702_cf2401ecb7_c.jpg
    Ferris wheel, carousel and another cc ride I found.
    24826617677_f94b1f1093_c.jpg
    Kid and toddler area.
    24826617277_e5a99b43ec_c.jpg
    39664060612_2ccf2a743d_c.jpg
    I don't think brother is having much fun. Odessa is having a blast.
    39664059672_26d8c33e04_c.jpg
    Now he is starting to have fun.
    24826616917_176af44077_c.jpg
    Distant view of the loop.
    39664058702_530f6b08d5_c.jpg
    All right, lets get wet! A few of the townies found the park open and the little ghost girl was having fun haunting different rides.
    39664058162_433b14da32_c.jpg
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Looks good, but did you upload it to the Exchange? I don't see a link.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top