Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @djsdragongirl I had considered adding sleeping space, y'know, busy nights at the office and all, but the brief did specify this was a penthouse office. I think a living area could be a nice addition but doesn't seem necessary to me given the outline above.

I think penthouse usually just means the top-most floor, with the implication of more luxurious.

From the challenge post:
    For now, I just need the building, a lobby and a penthouse office.
    "So we're just starting with your office and the lobby?" you ask.
    In my office I'd prefer a color scheme based on blues and whites.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare question about the Penthouse, will Mr. Sparks be living in the Penthouse or do you want it as his office area?

I'm just asking because I'm at the point of building where I'm at the Penthouse and wanted to know which way it was to go. I know most Penthouses are where the person lives, so I just want to clairify.

This is my concept of the office building, set in Sunset Valley.
    39559842282_6b6793cd26_n.jpg Outside Concept

39559837262_ee80091453_n.jpg Lobby Concept
    Penthouse office is the thing - @djsdragongirl

GArBA5W.jpg
    We have a very exciting announcement to make, we now have a Discord channel, a place where you can come and chat about everything Build'n'Share, ask for build advice, share screenshots, basically, anything and everything Sims related. Come and check it out here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Oh what a great idea! Maybe have a BuildnShare discussion thread as well, with the Discord link in the OP so new people can easily find it and join in? I know there are a variety of BuildnShare off-site accounts like twitter and the like, a single place that lists them all would be so handy!
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #198 - Sparks

NAME: linday

LINK TO LOT: n/a

LINK TO MEDIA: Album link

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30, 90 Sonora Street, Lucky Palms. Final cost § 150 000 on the dot!

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Built on a 30x30 lot in Lucky Palms, this 4 story office building borrows design elements from the neighbouring community lots, such as the fencing, friezes, columns and landscaping, thus blending in with the more modern part of town. The lot has parking space for up to 4 cars.

Two grand staircases leads up to the entrance on the first floor, where the reception area is. Behind the reception area is an empty room, suitable for bigger meetings or conferences, or possibly even a staff recreation area. The reception area also holds a seating group for people waiting.

The ground floor is currently unfurnished, awaiting further development - it can either be decorated as an open office space, or walled off to make additional offices. The second floor contains empty office spaces, as well as furnished shared bathrooms.

On the third floor you will find the penthouse office, with a waiting area, secretary space, conference room and a private bathroom and balcony. The entire top floor is decorated in a dark blue and white color scheme to meet the client's request. The interior is modern with an asian flair.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No thanks, I know I am a bit rusty! xD

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Nothing I know of.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    27856495739_84a66b0eaf_z.jpg
    @linday Oh that is gorgeous!
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    @creativemetaphor Thank you! :) Yours is amazing - now I can finally go get a good look at it with good conscience, but first impression: wow!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Great builds! Really awesome! All of them!
    edited January 2018
    @Zayven - working on judging #197 and can't get your media link to work hon, can you take a look please?

Nevermind, I got it!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2018
    ATTENTION BEGINNERS ENTRANTS FOR #197 - FAMILIA

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2018
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE ENTRANTS FOR #197 - FAMILIA

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    Do the other floors have to have all the walls and floors and whatnot in place? Basically just shells without furniture? Or can they just exist as space with design intention photoshopped in or something? (I have $153 left in budget and one of my floors doesn't have interior walls outlined and not sure if I should be stressing about this or not xD )
    @creativemetaphor I'm amazed how much you managed to get in that!! I keep looking at mine at budget currently and trying to fathom how to possibly do everything you did!
    @Zayven I usually feel that way about other people's builds, too! lol. Budgets are cruel masters ;)
    Zayven wrote: »
    Do the other floors have to have all the walls and floors and whatnot in place? Basically just shells without furniture? Or can they just exist as space with design intention photoshopped in or something? (I have $153 left in budget and one of my floors doesn't have interior walls outlined and not sure if I should be stressing about this or not xD )

I was thinking, y'know, a lot of offices don't have walls anyway, they're 'cubicles' or open spaces otherwise defined by desks but not necessarily separate. You could just go with the open concept office plan :mrgreen:
    Yeah, I'd honestly been planning on doing a more open concept. The meeting room and bathrooms and stuff naturally require walls, but after 'research' (e.g. looking at pictures) I'd gone with something I saw in a lot of pictures, which was sunken spaces delineating work space. I *think* I've come up with a happy medium where the walls you can't see from outside clearly are bare, and I'm not going to add stairs to parts of the layout that aren't going to be used yet. I'm thinking of maybe using a really cheap fence instead of a wall for the meeting room as a visual marker without the same cost of walls? I just hate getting things where I genuinely like them and then having to take away. Sooo close to budget. There's one thing I can trade out if I need to which will bring me level.
    @zayven don't forget free walls. From a distance you can use some nice patterns that will hide the base material pattern like the brick and paneled look.
    I didn't even know there were free walls xD Found them! Thanks! Looks weird but better than bare! I got it under budget, kept my walls, and added a flower or two \o/ I keep telling myself that I'm happy with it and to not compare it against other people's because the concept I went with is also very different. Gonna take another look at my library tomorrow, and hopefully start posting.

Thanks for all the help! :D
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Hey everyone! Sorry for being so quiet these past few weeks but it's been crazy here in real life and not the good kind of crazy but the crazy kind of crazy.

I wanted to comment on each of the builds from the last challenge but never found the time to get in here. I loved all the different styles of houses that were build for the kids. I love the imagination of these challenges.

This is totally off topic but...

As I was doing a walk through of this current challenge build, something very strange walked by :#
    Suddenly this disembodied head walked by... I decided to follow it and see what happens

39768230102_97a91403dc_z.jpg

It walked into a park...

24929685627_56c438d43a_z.jpg

Creepy looking...

39768229152_30cb4ba772_z.jpg

It spotted a picnic basket and sat down and ate...

39768227352_2e821129a4_z.jpg

After finishing it's picnic, it suddenly spun around and turned in a mermaid!! I was so stunned, I didn't get a picture of that :p
    That's the first time I ever saw that!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #198 - Sparks

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157689604226512

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x30, 200 Ely Road, Riverview, 149,984

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This three story office building is built on the banks of the Simomon River. Using natural materials to break up the concrete facade helps this technology business blend into the countryside without being too over whelming.

The front of the building welcomes visitors with wood, water and plants surrounding a water feature. There is an enclosed patio for the future employees to enjoy on the side of the building.

The lobby is decorated in a warm and friendly Asian style with traditional wall papers and furniture, while still maintaining a fresh a modern appeal.

All the offices are currently divided by half walls with glass partitions and have plenty of natural light from the large windows. If private offices are required it's an easy fix to build a wall or two.

Sparks' private office suite features a separate secretaries office and conference room. His private office has an office area divided by glass screens to a comfortable more relaxed sitting room with mini fridge and bar area. His private bathroom features a shower and a closet for those extra changes of clothes. Outside is a private patio with exercise equipment, a table and chairs with beautiful views of the town.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

25927405948_2732dff036_z.jpg

EXPERT RESULTS FOR #197 FAMILIA ARE POSTED
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Kgaff Oh beautiful! What are those columns out front? The angled ones with the beam over them?
    edited January 2018
    @Kgaff Oh beautiful! What are those columns out front? The angled ones with the beam over them?

Thank you :) I really like yours with all the tiered levels and the inside is wonderful the way you arranged the offices.

The columns are called Balanced Beams from the Showtime EP. Found in buy mode under decor, sculpture, 1250 each.
    @linday That is a gorgeous build! I usually don't like a lot of steps leading to a building but these work so well. The one set reminds me of escalators!! It absolutely fits the world you chose too.
    @kgaff aaahhh, that explains it, I don't have showtime!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top