Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Four Laundromats----- Finally Uploaded!!!

DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
Here are four Laundromats that I've been working on. They are a laundry and another business to get sims to come to the lot. Only your sim can do laundry but with other sims milling around, your sim won't be lonely.

You can find them on the gallery at: #dannydanbo, #café, #laundry, #laundromat

Cantina Lavado
A Laundromat and café with outdoor seating.
125823.png
125828.png

Sip, Bowl & Wash
A café, bowling alley and Laundromat in a small strip mall.
125833.png
125838.png

The Grind Laundromat
A place to wash your clothes and have a cup of Joe.
125842.png
125847.png

The Shin Building
A Laundromat with an Asia restaurant above it.
125852.png
125857.png
Post edited by Dannydanbo on

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sorry everyone. Having trouble getting a connection to the gallery. Probably all the downloading going on. Please, check back later.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    What? Only played Sims will do laundry?
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The lots look awesome .It's a shame EA had blinders on and do a laundry mat for yours Sims and NPC to do meet and do laundry together. So much for the word Community.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    But I'm believing that some talented modder will find a way to create a mod that will in fact, work on community lots making the washers and dryers attract the sims, and cause them to use these items as they would at a residential lot. This would be a great addition and alternative for homeless sims and apartment dwellers.

Indeed its sad that we could not get laundromats.

Maybe down the line this will be a feature in a generations type game pack.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    It just seems weird to me that only a played Sim can do laundry - assuming that is actually the case.

I fail to see why a modder has to provide a workaround.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    It just seems weird to me that only a played Sim can do laundry - assuming that is actually the case.

I fail to see why a modder has to provide a workaround.

It's so that the townies won't run around with dirty clothes the entire time
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Great builds!
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited January 2018
    But I'm believing that some talented modder will find a way to create a mod that will in fact, work on community lots making the washers and dryers attract the sims, and cause them to use these items as they would at a residential lot. This would be a great addition and alternative for homeless sims and apartment dwellers.

I’ve been thinking about this, but one probamatic issue for modders to solve is how NPC Sims can remember which machine they did laundry with and don’t mistakenly use someone else’s machine. Sims in TS4 are awful at distinguishing between multiples of the same object: patients in the hospital don’t remember which bed is theirs, massage therapists don’t stick with the same table, and vet employees just use any exam tables they can find. The only instance where this works correctly is that customers do know which table is their at restaurants, and the implemention for that is very heavy-handed (you literally won’t have the interaction to sit if the table isn’t yours).

One easy mod I plan to make is that when you do laundry on a community lot, the interaction to start the machine would cost you Simoleons so that you’re charged like you would at a laundromat.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    Thanks for your patience. I was finally able to connect to the gallery and upload these four Laundromats. I hope you enjoy them.

I was wondering if it would be possible for a modder to make it so pother sims would do laundry. I came to the same conclusion that @elelunicy came to, that it would be problematic for the other sims to remember which was theirs. It's not like you can "claim" a washer or dryer and what if the ne NPC sims wanted to use was the one your laundry was in? So, I decided, I just build 'em. Modder can mod 'em.
    The lots look awesome .It's a shame EA had blinders on and do a laundry mat for yours Sims and NPC to do meet and do laundry together. So much for the word Community.

That's one of the reasons I made the lots duel purpose lots. There is no "Laundromat" lot and "generic" lots tend not to pull other sims to it, so I thought if it was something else also, like a café, other sims would wander in for coffee and you could pretend they were also there to do laundry as well and chat.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Thanks for your patience. I was finally able to connect to the gallery and upload these four Laundromats. I hope you enjoy them.

I was wondering if it would be possible for a modder to make it so pother sims would do laundry. I came to the same conclusion that @elelunicy came to, that it would be problematic for the other sims to remember which was theirs. It's not like you can "claim" a washer or dryer and what if the ne NPC sims wanted to use was the one your laundry was in? So, I decided, I just build 'em. Modder can mod 'em.

Thank you for those lots. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

I’ve been thinking about this, but one probamatic issue for modders to solve is how NPC Sims can remember which machine they did laundry with and don’t mistakenly use someone else’s machine. Sims in TS4 are awful at distinguishing between multiples of the same object: patients in the hospital don’t remember which bed is theirs, massage therapists don’t stick with the same table, and vet employees just use any exam tables they can find. The only instance where this works correctly is that customers do know which table is their at restaurants, and the implemention for that is very heavy-handed (you literally won’t have the interaction to sit if the table isn’t yours).

One easy mod I plan to make is that when you do laundry on a community lot, the interaction to start the machine would cost you Simoleons so that you’re charged like you would at a laundromat.

@elelunicy Oh I do like that Idea! Looking forward to that mod ;)<3 As for the issue with remembering which machine, perhaps like we have the claim bed, a claim washer/dryer could be attached, but once the sim leaves the lot, the claim expires or clears, if that makes sense.

Yeah I'm excited to see how modders such as yourself give us simmers our wish to have the ability to have functioning laundromats. Perhaps even a trait mod would add this functionality, like the ones out their that give sims urgency to perform certain tasks.