Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Day Hints?

I was watching the live stream for Laundry Day Stuff, and I wondered why dryness of clothes would matter. If you didn’t watch the live stream, they focused quite a bit on the “clean or dirty” factor of the clothes and the level of “dry” they are. Example: dry, damp, soaked

Maybe this has to do with wearing them and not drying the clothing properly but it didn’t look like that was an option while watching the gameplay portion. What do you think?

Maybe rain is coming in a patch? Or maybe they are just hinting for a seasons release this year?

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    ooh... seasons on the horizon? :D
    :s Even longer wait for University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Yeah one EP a year isn’t enough for me. I am curious if they’ll make University a game pack.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In the LS they showed a sim not redrying clothes that were still damp from the dryer. When the sim put on those damp clothes, he got an uncomfortable moodlet. I don't think anything about the wetness or dryness of clothes has anything to do with rain. It would be nice if sims that get caught out in a down pour fail to change out of their damp clothes and get sick, but I don't see that happening.
    I also noticed that in the livestream, the sim hung wet clothing on the clothesline and it has a dripping animation. Very similar to rain!! And the cat interacted with it by swatting/pawing at the water. Eeek!
    I misssd that part of the livestream @Dannydanbo . Honestly, it was bit hard to sit through over 20
    Mins of laundry laundry laundry. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing about the uncomfortable moodlet. Hopefully they can tie that into a seasons pack when it happens!
  • tinab1401tinab1401 Posts: 1 New Member
    Where was the live stream? I'm intrigued after reading these comments lol
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    tinab1401 wrote: »
    Where was the live stream? I'm intrigued after reading these comments lol

and here's the link to the trailer in case you haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8yTBEBpZts
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited January 2018
    I will start looking for hints whenever someone finds seasons in the game code, just like in cats and dogs. Till then, I don’t consider any of the things mentioned , hints
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    The only thing im noticing is that the country stuff goes reeeeally well with all the country pack hints from the Cats and Dogs EP
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    The only thing im noticing is that the country stuff goes reeeeally well with all the country pack hints from the Cats and Dogs EP

The country stuff also saves space in a farm pack for other things that we might want instead of that furniture. Maybe more crafting, canning or animals with sheds to tend or new crops. I'd love it if crops grew by seasons like in the real world.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    You are definitely reaching here. Get your hopes up if you want, but be prepared to have them crashing back down.

People have been saying there are seasons hints since base game. Until I see leaks in the code like Vampires or Cats and dogs, or an actual guru hints it like Dine out, then Ill believe it when I see it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    They probably add that Sims leave soaked clothes piles if they have been in the rain when they do Seasons. (Hopefully the next EP later this year)
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Pretty sure seasons is coming this year, but I don't think this had anything to do with it (just that, yeah, wearing soaked clothes sucks :D)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Pretty sure seasons is coming this year, but I don't think this had anything to do with it (just that, yeah, wearing soaked clothes plum :D)

They did add "Winterfest Fever" and "Frozen Fur" in Cats & Dogs so they are definitely releasing hints.
    Also the way Graham said "scent of ..... spring" in the Laundry Day livestream made me suspicious
    a256aFi.gif
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

The country stuff also saves space in a farm pack for other things that we might want instead of that furniture. Maybe more crafting, canning or animals with sheds to tend or new crops. I'd love it if crops grew by seasons like in the real world.

The most recent patch notes contained a solar power joke/reference twice, the second having been such an unfunny reach that my only thought was it had a purpose for being there other than being cute so im hoping solar panels will also be back.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    I was watching the live stream for Laundry Day Stuff, and I wondered why dryness of clothes would matter. If you didn’t watch the live stream, they focused quite a bit on the “clean or dirty” factor of the clothes and the level of “dry” they are. Example: dry, damp, soaked

Maybe this has to do with wearing them and not drying the clothing properly but it didn’t look like that was an option while watching the gameplay portion. What do you think?

Maybe rain is coming in a patch? Or maybe they are just hinting for a seasons release this year?

This was the first thing I thought when I noticed it
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Yeah at first I forgot that clothes that go in the washing machine get wet. Loool. Leave me alone, I take a while to process things aight. :D I didn't make a connection with rain though bc I only went "OOOH YEAH" at the dryness of clothes whilst watching the stream. I am sooo happy about clothes that have been swum in (swam in?) being wet though bc I always found it weird that they'd be all super dry after swimming.

It would be cool if hair could be wet (obviously that's not something you put in the washing machine though) and like.. A sim's actual body after showers and such, but then I also feel like people would be crying like "I have to dry my sims hair now? I have to make them use a towel boooooy I already make them get up at 5:30 am pleeeease" looool. I think I just like the aesthetics of like dripping water really, but obviously it's not *that* necessary.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Has anyone thought that when you go swimming, your clothes get soaked? That's also why clothes can get soaked? :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    It does seem a bit strange that they make the effort to add all those levels of wetness when we have so few ways to make clothes wet. The only way your clothes get soaked for example, is in the wash tub or swimming pool? The detail they put into this makes more sense to me when I imagine seasons coming this year. I can almost smell the rainstorm!
    It does seem a bit strange that they make the effort to add all those levels of wetness when we have so few ways to make clothes wet. The only way your clothes get soaked for example, is in the wash tub or swimming pool? The detail they put into this makes more sense to me when I imagine seasons coming this year. I can almost smell the rainstorm!

Sometimes the laundry is not fully dry and should be run again. Otherwise, you put wet clothes in the dresser with dry clothes, the dry clothes become damp, as they showed in the LS.

Well said. I completely agree. You explained this "theory" MUCH better than I did!! haha