Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How American/British do you sound?

MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
edited January 2018 in Off Topic Chat
This test requires a microphone.
https://myaccent.cambridgeconsultants.com/
HUuhz0f.png
9d1z2m12k175.png

Comments

• ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Hmmm... my normal speaking voice is apparently 60% American, 40% British.

When I do a fake British accent, it becomes 88% British.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2018
    Archivist wrote: »
    Hmmm... my normal speaking voice is apparently 60% American, 40% British.

When I do a fake British accent, it becomes 88% British.
    Amusingly according to the test, my attempt at exaggerating an English accent makes me sound more American. My neutral voice varies between being 55% and 90% British.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm gonna try this out when I get home. No way am I going to do this at work :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    76% American and 24% British. Sounds pretty legit.

Though I was more focused on speaking so carefully and not sounding drunk with that sentence so I may have to give it another shot at some point. Like when nobody else is around so if I have to repeat myself 800 times to get it right nobody will judge me lol.

I also totally want it to rate my attempt at a British accent now lol.
  • lrnblsm98lrnblsm98 Posts: 51 Member
    I got 96% American and 4% British haha
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No thanks I don’t want to be a test subject and have my voice and location recorded
    I'm 80% American and 20% British, apparently. Even though I'm neither and I just know English as a 2nd language. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I tried with an abhorrent British accent and I got a 98% British result. :D

Then I tried a Southern accent and got a 94% American result.

(I'm having way too much fun with this)

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    No thanks I don’t want to be a test subject and have my voice and location recorded
    That's what the NSA is for
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited January 2018
    93% British when I attempt a British accent.

One that made me actually cringe because it was so bad, but okay. I thought it would just be like "no fake accents please. this is offensive. Stop now. Don't ever do that again" lol.

But... at one point I literally just took a deep breath and accidentally hit the submit button while doing so and it told me I sounded 60 something percent British.

I like how it breaks down what words sounded British or American after, too. Very consistently my "ask" is very British, "to" also. But when I tried to sound British they came out American.

Oh and I tried on my laptop after my phone, in a normal voice. It was like 70 something percent British. So that was kind of interesting too. Pretty sure my laptop has a way better microphone so it probably got a clearer recording so kind of interesting to note that.

(I couldn't sleep last night, played with this way too much lol)
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    I like how it breaks down what words sounded British or American after, too. Very consistently my "ask" is very British, "to" also. But when I tried to sound British they came out American.

I didn't notice that. I tried again using just my normal voice, and apparently my "Bob the frog" is British. I don't know why. :D

• AmazingFacezAmazingFacez Posts: 88 Member
    82% American and 18% British and the I tried again and got 61% American and 39% British, But I am from the UK. It may just be because Britain is England and Wales and I'm from Scotland so I don't sound English.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I don't have a microphone to test myself, but I can say that my brother, my sister and myself were all told, separately, that we have a peculiar accent. I guess it must show up on certain words, or something. I'm not even aware of it. I can say we were raised in CA around people who were here from Scotland, as in they had their Green Cards. I do often use the word 'wee' and I know what Scotty from Star Trek means when he says, "my poor wee bairns" referring to the ships' engine. :o
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    94% American 6% British guess that makes sense since I'm from the usa
    SvgJRlK.png
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    98% American, 2% British
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    76% American 24% British in my regular voice.

I did a British accent and got 99% British and 1% American lol.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm Chinese
    CIOfde.jpg
    CIOIJA.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • bgkubbgkub Posts: 418 Member
    Well everyone else tells me that I sound British, while this tells me that I sound American 95% of course I am American, but I suppose it is really the nuances of my highly developed language that make me seem British. If I had a sentence to speak that I normally would say it would probably be more British, since I have been reading Shakespeare a little before I turned twelve yrs of age.
    Just one of THOSE days!
    source.gif
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm neither British or American and I have no voice, will I do the test still :D
    My voice is currently the equivalent of Google translate's female English voice :#
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
    edited June 2018
    98% American.

Doesn't surprise me, I pretty much sound like what you'd expect from the lowlands of Georgia.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    98% American.

Doesn't surprise me, I pretty much sound like what you'd expect from the lowlands of Georgia.

This is the first serious comment I've seen from you. Wow I didn't know you could do it not sure if I'm proud or disconcerted
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    79% percent British???? I was born, raised, and still live in the USA how did this happen ???
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• prism_popprism_pop Posts: 61 Member
    Welp. 9% American 91% British.
    I'm in Australia.
    Amazing.