Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All packs prices increased by on many countries

HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
Today, every single pack for The Sims 4, without any previous warning, got the prince increased by 50% without a fair justification on some countries (the one we got was: to match the price on other countries, but it doesn't make ANY sense economically).
That being: for example, in my country: expansion packs are now costing the old price of the base game, game packs the old price of the expansions and stuff packs the old price for game packs.
This is just disrespectful to all the players. There is no macroeconomic reasons for that. As one member on another thread said about the price changes on where I’m from: "It may seem cheap to foreigners, but the new price is 15% of our minimum monthly wage."
A VERY significant number of players are boycotting the game and using illegal ways to download the new packs. I would never do that, but I'm not buying anything again till they are discounted by 50% or costing the the original price again. This is ridiculous, unfair and we are not fools.

[Post edited to remove discussion of moderation - EA_Mage]
Male. INFP. Virgo.
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Comments

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Would be great if there was at least an official statement telling us about the price changes. Instead of just dropping it on us.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2018
    That's so strange there's a price increase from multiple countries, especially on the day there is a new pack to be released. (which I don't even see yet on origin right now??? Does it release later in the afternoon?)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Didn’t something like this happen around Cats & Dogs release, and someone spoke to Origin staff who said the price increase was not an error?

How long did the price increase last for that time?
  • Options
    The following countries will see price changes:

Brazil
    Canada
    Denmark
    Italy
    Korea
    Mexico
    Norway
    Poland
    Spain
    Sweden
    South Africa
    United Kingdom

this is the countries effected by this stupid increase money for packs

Edited the thread. It’s way bigger than I thought.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @LadyKyn its around 1pm est for a pack i think
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Would be great if there was at least an official statement telling us about the price changes. Instead of just dropping it on us.

Even if there was an official statement, it doesn’t make sense.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hmm sounds like some of you all have decisions to make...
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this, but maybe look at buying them off somewhere like cdkeys? Game prices are discounted on there. I've never used them myself, but I know people who have, and have never had any problems. I feel bad for everyone in countries where the prices raised on them like that though.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The price increase for the U.K. happened for cats and dogs too. Am I surprised it's carried to stuff packs? Nope.

£10 for a washing machine and drier and like 5 tops and a dress and decor. Sheesh.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    All this does is explain why the game is harder to find in-store where I live. I live in a state that borders Canada, and many Canadians come down to shop because many things are cheaper here.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this, but maybe look at buying them off somewhere like cdkeys? Game prices are discounted on there. I've never used them myself, but I know people who have, and have never had any problems. I feel bad for everyone in countries where the prices raised on them like that though.

Exactly use cdkeys.

And I wish EA could release an actual explanation instead of that weak argument in the link someone posted above. Why so vague? Why only these countries? Why is there no respect for local income differences? I don't get it. And honestly, to those living in Brazil (and perhaps also Mexico and SA, idk), just use other vendors than Origins. I know I wouldn't pay such an increase if I couldn't really afford it and wouldn't even be given an explanation that makes sense.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    They made a statement about how and why on the 12th? I mean it sucks but due to the general instability of the Global market i'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    The price increase for the U.K. happened for cats and dogs too. Am I surprised it's carried to stuff packs? Nope.

£10 for a washing machine and drier and like 5 tops and a dress and decor. Sheesh.

I may be totally wrong, but isnt that around $10? Thats what Americans pay for thr stuff pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I'm surprised that my country(Finland) isn't on the list, because everything here is expensive
    :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    > @Zeldaboy180 said:
    > MidnightAura wrote: »
    >
    > The price increase for the U.K. happened for cats and dogs too. Am I surprised it's carried to stuff packs? Nope.
    >
    > £10 for a washing machine and drier and like 5 tops and a dress and decor. Sheesh.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I may be totally wrong, but isnt that around $10? Thats what Americans pay for thr stuff pack.

Can never really work out what the exact currency rate is but it seems it's still over a $3 difference.
    So £10 GBP is $13.50 (there abouts) USD we always seem to pay a bit more than the US for games, generally
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    The biggest problem is if your going to charge a lot for an exp it should be a good one with lots of content. Sims mobile is free and it has everything sims 4 player wants yet we get 1 over priced exp a year with half the stuff. Sims 3 packs in Canada we’re about 49.99 and I always got them but there was so much to do in them I never seen it as a bad deal. Sims 4 packs are 51.99 with half of the stuff.... regardless of the exchange rate or not if we’re going to pay more then there going to half to put more effort into this game.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018

I may be totally wrong, but isnt that around $10? Thats what Americans pay for thr stuff pack.

Not really. Coin isn't worth the same amount across the globe unless libra has decreased it's value.

Dollars are pretty much equal to euros though, euros are worth more about 22 cents. The price in europe as far as I noticed hasn't increased, but someone put Spain here so idk. Mine are normal (thank the lord).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    That sucks! I was going to buy Toddlers and Laundry stuff today with my remaining funds from my gift card from xmas. Now I can only buy 1. I wish they would let us know before hand in a statement to. Its only fair!
  • Options
    oscarx2poscarx2p Posts: 27 Member
    I've just checked Origin in my country, Spain, and the prices are the same. It would make 0 sense changing the price in Spain and Italy and not the rest of Europe. We share the same currency.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    oscarx2p wrote: »
    I've just checked Origin in my country, Spain, and the prices are the same. It would make 0 sense changing the price in Spain and Italy and not the rest of Europe. We share the same currency.

My neighbour ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    These prices are so plumming ridiculous, £34.99 for an EP, £17.99 for a GP and £9.99 for a SP, that's just complete robbery.
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    For a long time we were paying the same face price in Canada as in the US, but $10 US for an SP is almost $12.50 Canadian. I guess it's no surprise that someone finally noticed and raised our price from $10 Canadian for an SP to $13.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    and here I thought £7.99 was pushing it, £10? nope,
    I don't understand why prices vary so greatly from country to country :/
    For physical copies I guess an argument can be made, but, digital? Why the price differences?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top