Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your honest opinion on Laundry day stuff.

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Laundry rooms must be an American thing. A washing machine under a counter and a clothesline and we're done where I'm from.

Snap! I would love a laundry room in real life. Even when I use laundry in the sims 3 I never build a dedicated room. Old habits die hard.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Where is the Eco Living part? Eco Living was the pack idea that won. Did everything with Eco Living get thrown out the window?

Laundry won the vote 7 months ago....this is very old news. In the original theme vote, this was the description of "Eco Living" (which could mean a lot of things to different people): "Adopt new home technologies to help your Sim with domestic responsibilities and live an eco-friendly life. Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology and solar energy." It was right there from the start....laundry. We all know that this theme would have never won the vote without laundry. It's a $10 stuff pack....not an EP....so it was to be expected that there would be one main gameplay area of concentration for this SP and more people voted for laundry than the other options. That was the whole point of the pack.....the developers didn't throw anything out the window....the community voted for laundry. Certainly, the hand wash tub is eco-friendly, if you want to get technical about things.

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I've lived in more places without a dedicated laundry room than with one; a stacked set in a closet or a set in a garage or basement are pretty normal. It does seem odd to me to have clothes washing in the kitchen but that's probably just because I've never lived anywhere that it was common.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Laundry rooms must be an American thing. A washing machine under a counter and a clothesline and we're done where I'm from.

Same here. In the UK we normally just have a washing machine and clothesline but if you're really fancy, you have a utility room which is a bit like the American equivalent of a laundry room.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    In Sweden you usually have and and/or situation:
    You have a stacked unit or a single machine and a retractable clothing rack (over the bathtub) in the bathroom and/or a comunal "Laundromat" in the basement of your apartment building which is included in the rent.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm excited!! @ldmarko What's the gamepack coming next month?

It looks like some type of adventure pack.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

I guess it is, most houses in the region I live have one, it's also common to put the laundry machines in the basement if they have one. I'm in an apartment so mine's just an alcove right off the kitchen with the washer & dryer stacked.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited January 2018
    In Brazil, most houses have a laundry room with a washing machine, laundry tub (even if you don't do your laundry by hand) and ironing board. Dryers are kinda rare, most people use a clothesline instead, and washing machines are usually top-loaders.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I've never had a dedicated laundry room until my current house. It was a huge selling point for me though! I have been putting laundry rooms in my sim homes because I wanted them IRL. Now I have the best of both worlds and I'm in heaven!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Do you think anyone will upload a cheap starter house with the eco-living laundry elements implemented?
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Do you think anyone will upload a cheap starter house with the eco-living laundry elements implemented?

Ooh, I've been looking for ideas for a new set of houses to build. I think some eco-friendly starter homes is a good idea. I'll upload a few to the gallery for sure!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • HeyitsmesierraHeyitsmesierra Posts: 70 Member
    > @Orchid13 said:
    > I don’t have a problem with laundry, I have a problem with paying for it. This could have been part of an EP. I’m always happy to get new features , but I think it’s ridiculous to have a SP called laundry day. It even sounds lame lol

Honestly not gonna lie it does sound lame but I can see why they turned it into a stuff pack because there aren't any EPs that would go with this thought and I think that it is its own separate thing and some people might not want it but would have to use it if they wanted the other features of the expansion pack. We have around 3 or 4 EP and none of them would work with laundry and I don't know what else they would have in an EP like that. But I totally get what you are saying!!! :D ;)
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    After seeing the trailer, I only have two questions: Is there going to be a classical music station added? And why was Ode to Joy in German instead of Simlish? That would have been very, very cool -- Simlish Beethoven ;)
  • ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    I voted for eco, but I am glad the laundry voters got what they wanted, and the buy items look good so I will get it for that. I am hopeful I will get an eco pack later.

I'm glad I can buy the pack without having to use the washers, though. Seeing as though stuff packs now replace the store, I really do hope eco pack and off the grid will be a thing in the future.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    In Brazil, most houses have a laundry room with a washing machine, laundry tub (even if you don't do your laundry by hand) and ironing board. Dryers are kinda rare, most people use a clothesline instead, and washing machines are usually top-loaders.

If I remember correctly it's easier to dry stuff on a clothing line when it's not a,snowstorm. ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I voted for eco-living but not for laundry. I felt it was a very unfair voting when it came to choosing the gameplay of the pack since laundry was a very popular demand from many players (go figure) and the other options were new and unknown (and awesome!). Putting laundry against any other feature was basically rigging the vote in my opinion.
    Of course, to no one's surprise, laundry won and here we are.
    I love the style, the build/buy mode looks right up my alley and the CAS items look pretty good too. However, the laundry side of it bores me to the extreme. I am not in a hurry to buy it but I know I will end up doing it for the objects and CAS.
    I just hope that the other ideas for an eco-living pack are not discarded for good since all combined would make for a terrific GP for example.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • LoverGal623LoverGal623 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm not gonna lie I'm in the percentage that voted for laundry, I'm mainly a builder and a family player so this will be awesome for my stories on my simstagram. I think a lot of people are mad about it because they either A. wanted something never done before not a remake or B. Play the Sims as a fantasy roleplaying game and wanted more supernaturals. The ones that voted for laundry were probably builders and family players which i imagine makes up a large percentage of the Sim population.
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Yes, Sims 4 has the most indepth laundry system yet, based on what I've read so far, but it's still laundry, so that doesn't impress me either way. I wish all that indepth stuff was applied to a theme I actually wanted.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I consider myself a family player/deviant player, storyteller and builder.

I didn’t vote for laundry I voted for off the grid. Wouldn’t vote for laundry as it’s a chore and not exactly a fun one in real life. Would have rather had fun things for our sims to do than drudgery. No offence to anyone that voted laundry.
  • LomadiasXLomadiasX Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've wanted to include a utility room (functional) in my builds for some time so it's purely that part that I like.
    It's an alright little pack, but I think a free update would have been perhaps a bit more tasteful than charging for a pretty minor feature.

Saying that, there is some other new content which I love the art style of, so for £9.99, I'm fine with it.

I would have preferred off the grid, but someones already made a cannery mod so perhaps more is on it's way from disappointed voters/modders.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I wanted laundry and canning. Since a modder has already taken care of my canning needs, all I needed was laundry. I didn't care about anything else of the list. I think it would be great to have more eco friendly things, but it wasn't a priority for me.

Laundry is one of those little, fundamental gameplay things I miss. I have played Sims for 18 years. I remember when our LIGHTBULBS would burn out and had to be replaced, so if you put a table in front of the wall, you had to move the table before your sim could fix the wall lamp behind it. Life was tough. We trudged 15 miles uphill through a sea of obsessed fans to get to Magic Town. (Okay, no we got there through the first ever REAL rabbit hole.)

In Sim's 4, I have too much time on my hands. It's too easy to green, too easy to earn money, and most of my sims don't even bother holding down a 9-5 job. They stay home with their kids and earn money at home. A few families have one parent work and one stay home. The stay-at-home parent always needs more to do. Laundry is an immersive little detail I'm willing to throw money at.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm not gonna lie I'm in the percentage that voted for laundry, I'm mainly a builder and a family player so this will be awesome for my stories on my simstagram. I think a lot of people are mad about it because they either A. wanted something never done before not a remake or B. Play the Sims as a fantasy roleplaying game and wanted more supernaturals. The ones that voted for laundry were probably builders and family players which i imagine makes up a large percentage of the Sim population.

I'm both a builder and a family player, through and through. I do not play with supernatural usually, I don't even use CC. I also didn't necessarily want something new never done before but I definitely didn't want a boring feature like laundry being the theme of a Stuff Pack. Specially when I believe it should have been part of an EP or GP. Laundry should have been a super secondary feature in City Living or Parenthood.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I wanted laundry and canning. Since a modder has already taken care of my canning needs, all I needed was laundry. I didn't care about anything else of the list. I think it would be great to have more eco friendly things, but it wasn't a priority for me.

Wait. There's canning? Where, oh where, please!
  • j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    The female jeans with the belt are worth the price of the pack alone lol theyre so cute!
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I was completely against the idea of purchasing this pack, but I'm beginning to come around on it.

I mean, if it gives you something to do..., you know?