Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I am continuing my pose-making adventures (with a lot of help and moral support from @InfraGreen @LadyLobster @AudreyFld and @pammiechick !)

I can't show any of the poses I've been working on because I fear they're too spoilery :( But each of my next three chapters has poses in it that I made :blush: I'm still such a freaking novice. So if you're looking at the chapters and trying to guess which poses were done by me, it's anything that looks super amateur :joy: (There is a really fabulous birth set that I use in one of those chapters and that one was NOT MADE BY ME. Throwing that out there now so no one thinks I'm THAT good :joy: But I did make two other poses that appear in that birth chapter :tongue:)

Also, that angry-Harper-grabbing-her-belly pose I'd shown earlier made an appearance in the most recent chapter :)

Don't mind my weird bragging :joy: I'm really not a good posemaker (yet? lol) but I'm really excited to be learning the ropes and getting to use some poses in my own story :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @CitizenErased14: I'm very proud of you, child! (I've gotten sneak peeks and she is underselling herself :wink:)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Oh excited to see what you did! I'm sure they are wonderful! <3 I wouldn't even know how to begin to do something like that as I don't even know how to post a picture or a gif let alone do a pose. :D
  • PetalsimPetalsim Posts: 43 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I just finished reading D2D and I don't even know how many times I've cried! I loved it so much, thank you for all the efforts and time you put into it! I'm so excited to be starting A2A, I know I'm definitely going to enjoy it.

(I have to say, I still ship Evelyn and Lucas. Mel is nice and I love your backstory for her, but I will always be on TeamEvelyn! :wink: )
    Oh thank you so much @Petalsim !!! I'm so happy you enjoyed D2D so much. Thank you for taking the time to read! :heart: (And you're allowed to ship anybody you won't do, don't worry ;):tongue:) Thank you again. I hope you enjoy A2A and I am really grateful that you're going to read it. :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Is it Wednesday yet?
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited January 2018
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Is it Wednesday yet?

I know right? It's gotta be Wednesday somewhere... Maybe it's Wednesday in @CitizenErased14 's game!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    So many questions to be answered.
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Petalsim wrote: »
    @CitizenErased14 I just finished reading D2D and I don't even know how many times I've cried! I loved it so much, thank you for all the efforts and time you put into it! I'm so excited to be starting A2A, I know I'm definitely going to enjoy it.

(I have to say, I still ship Evelyn and Lucas. Mel is nice and I love your backstory for her, but I will always be on TeamEvelyn! :wink: )

The first ship! The ship to start all ships, and what does Citizen do? DESTROY IT! #TeamEvelyn4Life Excuse me while I go and roll in a ball and cry over this again.

greys-gif-1429885715.gif
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member

I am continuing my pose-making adventures (with a lot of help and moral support from @InfraGreen @LadyLobster @AudreyFld and @pammiechick !)

I can't show any of the poses I've been working on because I fear they're too spoilery :( But each of my next three chapters has poses in it that I made :blush: I'm still such a freaking novice. So if you're looking at the chapters and trying to guess which poses were done by me, it's anything that looks super amateur :joy: (There is a really fabulous birth set that I use in one of those chapters and that one was NOT MADE BY ME. Throwing that out there now so no one thinks I'm THAT good :joy: But I did make two other poses that appear in that birth chapter :tongue:)

Also, that angry-Harper-grabbing-her-belly pose I'd shown earlier made an appearance in the most recent chapter :)

Don't mind my weird bragging :joy: I'm really not a good posemaker (yet? lol) but I'm really excited to be learning the ropes and getting to use some poses in my own story :)

Well, you know how I feel about what I saw, but still...

tumblr_nvavw858aQ1rq49qyo1_500.gif
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Du-du-du-dummmm. That went down pretty fast, not that it'd be actually surprising. All these secrets and untold dissatisfaction with the situation had to lead to a giant fight some time.

Ha, believe in yourself @CitizenErased14 you will master the poses in no time!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @suzanna13 @SeaDragonSong I'm glad you guys are so excited for the next chapter! :heart:

@orangeplumbob :naughty: Sorry not sorry... :joy::heart:

@MrsRacooney Yeah, it all kinda exploded! All those lies couldn't last forever... And thank you for your confidence in my pose-making skills! :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    Today's chapter brings us forward a few months...

6.53: Two Years
    6eTWB0s.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited January 2018
    #PutPhoenixBack #TomatoIsBestMidwife
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Putting my thoughts under a spoiler tag to give others a chance to read...
    Congratulations, Harper! You've won the "Most Entitled Person Alive" award! Seriously, has this girl ever reacted to a problem with something other than, "Well, yeah, I did that, but it's really my parents/friends/boss's/coworkers fault because..." Newsflash, Harper. You got where you are via your own choices. Yes, your parents made the call to the police-because you stole money from your grandmother! And not like taking a few euros out of her purse to go to the movies, either. Random question that just occurred to me, how old is Joce now? Because with Harper gone for two years, there is a very real possibility that she may be gone before Harper gets out. (Yeah, I know, I don't want to think about it either, but...) I'm actually relieved that she's finally experiencing a real consequence for her behavior and sadly, jail is where she needs and deserves to be, but I think that would be something that would stick with Harper longer than any sentence would..

On a happier note, Phoenix is such a cutie! Great name choice, btw. Hopefully his mom's prediction will come true. (And thankfully he gets to spend his first couple of years with his grandparents.)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Okay so I am commenting before reading the 3 million comments on wordpress! I would forget what I was going to say otherwise.
    Harper always blaming everyone else and never herself! Hopefully she will get the help she needs in jail. But two years! Wow! A long time to be away from your child especially when he is so young. She and he will have to get to know each other all over again. I have a feeling that it could take awhile. And Erik is off to rehab for 6 months. Good! He needs it badly. I really wonder if these two will make it together. I'm not sure how to feel about them getting together after all this. They could end up right where they left off, in a bad place. I think Harper's parents will do well with little Phoenix! Probably better than they did with their own child! Being a grandparent is a lot different than being a parent.

I worry that Joce won't be her much longer and how Harper will take it if she dies while Harper's in jail. :'(

I just love this story! You take us on a roller coaster ride that is both wonderful and terrible. So many emotions! Awesome work and wonderful chapter as always! <3
    @purplestarz2006 She's SO entitled and SO irresponsible. It's awful :( She never owns up to her own mistakes! Even now... And to answer your question, Joce is 83 right now. So she's getting up there in age for sure. Your thought is a sad one, but not impossible either :/

Glad you like little Phoenix <3 Thank you for reading!

@haswh I appreciate your very kind words about my story, thank you! You're right that two years is a long time to be away from her son :( But it's also a long time to hopefully grow and change? Maybe? Or at least, we can hope so haha.

As for Harper and Erik... it's very much up in the air right now. Like Harper said, she isn't even 100% sure if they're still together right now. They're in a weird limbo where they aren't talking and are really mad and hurt. But there could still be hope for reconciliation down the line! They've both definitely gotta get better first though :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    You would think going to jail would make someone realize how wrong they are. Not Harper. She still in blame mode.
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I don't want to disturb the atmosphere of this chapter by commenting... Just want to enjoy it a bit longer. ;) But:
    Awww little Phoenix! If he was a bit taller I'd ask him that:
    29cbae0.gif
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I hope the next two years help Harper to realize how much this is all on her and not everyone else in the universe. Her parents really do love her and hopefully tough love works. The first 2 years of life are such an important bonding time, it makes me sad at where she is in her life right now. I do understand Harper's thinking Erik needed more than a slap on the wrist but maybe he will get the counseling he needs. I was never one to ship Erik and Harper but what will be will be. You write a great story even when the outcome causes sadness and disappointment at times. On a cheerful note, Phoenix is a cutie. His face when he realized he was a Rosebrook, priceless. :D
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    It’s just not fair. None of this is. And none of this would’ve even happened if it weren’t for… Well, everybody.
    Harper, is it going to take two years in jail to make you understand that this is your fault, not everybody else's? Everybody else is making sense, but you. Okay, I've stopped lecturing Harper. Some good things she realised was that this was a mistake having a child right now, and her child will have the Rosebrook curse - that is very insightful of her. ;)
    @MrsRacooney I love that gif :joy::heart: I'm sure when he's a little older, he'd totally be willing to give you one ;) He's such a cute and snuggly little guy :open_mouth::heart:

@winterbaby20 @simscognito You guys are so right about her blaming everyone else. It's so frustrating! But it's part of who she is, for better or worse haha. Maybe jail will be enough to change that?

Glad you enjoyed Phoenix's expression, @suzanna13 :joy: And I also hope that his rehab and therapy will be what Erik needs to turn things around! I think I have a little more faith in him getting better than I do in Harper...
    snvAF3B.png
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Excellent chapter. Super into it. I love how delusional Harper is... I wonder if she'll get therapy while she's in jail? And I wonder how Katie comes back into play?

I do have to say, given Harper's current mental state, that I am a bit worried about her relationship with Phoenix - I mean, it's like she wants him to fix all of her problems. What does she do when he cries or wakes her up or doesn't listen to her? Is it all his fault for having her behave the way she does? It's a fully formed human being (or will be) and I can see a lot of resentment between the two of them.

I'm also interested to see how Harper and Zayne are going to do with their second chance at parenting. I'd like to think that they won't make the same mistakes, but... I don't know.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Harper...it still hasn't hit her that it's HER FAULT, HER OWN FAULT!!!

I'm glad Hope & Zayne are such caring grandparents to their ungrateful daughter's unborn baby. Or else she's have no choice but to give him to strangers. But isn't that what Hope & Zayne are to Harper? They don't really know who she is right now and she's changed a lot since she left school. They've all changed. For some parts better and some parts worse.
    @superkyle221 I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! And LOL I promise we don't have to wait too much longer before we see Katie again. But a little while. :tongue: Whenever she does make her reappearance, that chapter is totally dedicated to you :joy:

Interesting point about how Harper's parenting might be if she doesn't shape up! She seriously needs to get a wakeup call... and apparently this STILL hasn't been it yet! :/

Great point about how they barely know each other anymore @Bugsie2016 ! It's so sad :(
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top