Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Illusion of Light (Updated 2/14)

IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
Hello there, and thank you for clicking on this discussion! Before I get into the table of contents and all those sweet links, allow me to inform you about the story you're about to read. It's a story about vampires, for one. It's main genre is drama with a bit of comedy in there because who doesn't like to laugh? At times it might get a bit sad or a bit spicy (I'd say a rating for it would probably fall somewhere between PG and PG-13 depending on the chapter). This isn't my first time writing this story. Those of you who've been around since around this time last year might remember a story called Where Light Doesn't Reach, but by no means is it required of you to read to understand The Illusion of Light. Long story short, I ended up being diagnosed with a chronic illness and let my activity here fall to the wayside, but now I'm back and have decided to rewrite that story. It's been a year so hopefully I've improved in both the visual and writing aspects of creating SimLit. I hope to update this story somewhere around once a week, although that may change depending on my level of inspiration. Now, enough talking, let's get into the TOC.

Post edited by IchigoUsagi on

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Just read your story. I wonder if Vincent and Acacia are going to get along?
    I loved the suspense in this and now I need to know what happens next and why the vampires need human children to raise and marry off to their daughters (although not after turning into vampires, I bet). :D
  • Options
    Just read your story. I wonder if Vincent and Acacia are going to get along?
    I loved the suspense in this and now I need to know what happens next and why the vampires need human children to raise and marry off to their daughters (although not after turning into vampires, I bet). :D

Thank you so much for reading! You'll find out a bit more about Acacia and how she interacts with Vincent in the next chapter. I have it all written out but I still need to take the screenshots for it. (I can be a bit slow when it comes to those because of how picky I am :sweat: )
  • Options
    Remember how I said I would update this weekly? Well, it turns out I'm not patient enough to get a good stockpile of chapters going. I don't have the willpower to wait any longer, so here's Chapter Two.
    01-14-18-7-46-50-pm_orig.png
  • Options
    On no! It's strange how, on the one hand, you really shouldn't worry about Vincent because he is going to be Acacia's husband, but on the other hand, you are constantly fearing for his life. Also, on the one hand, Vincent is part of a new family, but on the other hand, Vincent is sooo alone! The dread and intrigue in this is very well done.
  • Options
    @simscognito Thank you! And yeah, Vincent is in a really pitiable situation, to be sure. He's kind of safe for the most part, but at the same time everything around him is frightening and unfamiliar.
  • Options
    Chapter Three is here with a moderately large time-skip! I can be unpredictable like that. :D

01-19-18-8-45-25-pm_orig.png
  • Options
    Ooh I wonder what Marshall and Sullivan are up to?? Aww I'm very uncomfortable for Vincent. He has no idea what he's missing. It's such a shame he's beginning to forget about his family and old life. I really feel for his parents. :(
  • Options
    @simscognito Yeah, it really is sad that he's forgetting his parents (says the one who made it happen). In all seriousness, I think I'm going to include a chapter about them later on. As for Marshall and Sullivan, you'll find out more about them in the next chapter! >:) I'm reeeaally excited about that one!
  • Options
    @simscognito Yeah, it really is sad that he's forgetting his parents (says the one who made it happen). In all seriousness, I think I'm going to include a chapter about them later on. As for Marshall and Sullivan, you'll find out more about them in the next chapter! >:) I'm reeeaally excited about that one!

@IchigoUsagi Now I'm excited!!! :D I have a number of theories of what they could be up to, such as
    they're secretly lovers
    or
    they are up to secret business and plotting the family's downfall
    or
    they are talking about Vincent behind his back
    ... hmm.... curiouser and curiouser. XD
  • Options
    @simscognito I can't tell you what it is exactly (that would be a spoiler!) but one of your guesses is pretty close. Now wouldn't it be great if I had something completely anticlimactic happen like,
    Marshall was just tidying up Sullivan's dresser
    or something else benign like that! :D
  • Options
    @simscognito I can't tell you what it is exactly (that would be a spoiler!) but one of your guesses is pretty close. Now wouldn't it be great if I had something completely anticlimactic happen like,
    Marshall was just tidying up Sullivan's dresser
    or something else benign like that! :D

@IchigoUsagi Now that would be really funny! I'm sure if you challenged them, that's exactly what they'd say. :D
  • Options
    I seem to be keeping to a somewhat regular schedule so far. So that means Chapter Four: Marshall Tidies up Sullivan's Dresser Curiosity Killed the Cat is here!

01-22-18-2-59-51-pm_orig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Well, I'm glad Sullivan successfully tidied up that dresser. ;) I so think Sullivan and Marshall are a thing! <3 And no Vincent don't ask Acacia she might tell on someone! Does he not care about danger anymore? I'm so worried for Mullivan at the moment! :( I mean, I'm not too keen on Marshall, although he has his good moments! but Sullivan's pretty sweet when he wants to be.
  • Options
    Well, I'm glad Sullivan successfully tidied up that dresser. ;) I so think Sullivan and Marshall are a thing! <3 And no Vincent don't ask Acacia she might tell on someone! Does he not care about danger anymore? I'm so worried for Mullivan at the moment! :( I mean, I'm not too keen on Marshall, although he has his good moments! but Sullivan's pretty sweet when he wants to be.

Vincent's too curious for his own good sometimes! He's not the best at thinking things through, either. :D You'll have to wait a bit more to see what happens as far as Mullivan is concerned. ;) (Also, I'm officially adopting that as their ship name.)
  • Options
    Yayy, I made a ship! That is legitimately the first time I have ever made a ship. :D I really really hope nothing happens to gorgeous Sullivan. I will be so upset if he gets killed because of Vincent's naivety. :(
  • Options
    @simscognito I think you might have Sullivan and Marshall's names backwards? Unless you think Lady Desrosiers would kill her son for this. I mean, it's not a completely silly thing to think, but I think it's more likely you mean Marshall (the butler).
  • Options
    @simscognito I think you might have Sullivan and Marshall's names backwards? Unless you think Lady Desrosiers would kill her son for this. I mean, it's not a completely silly thing to think, but I think it's more likely you mean Marshall (the butler).

@IchigoUsagi Yes, oops, I do mean Marshall the butler. :D Sorry, it's a typical thing of me to mix people's names up. Ask @Bugsie2016 ! I do it all the time in BL :D
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

@IchigoUsagi Yes, oops, I do mean Marshall the butler. :D Sorry, it's a typical thing of me to mix people's names up. Ask @Bugsie2016 ! I do it all the time in BL :D

It's true.

So while I'm here I might as well agree with what cog is saying. (Yeah, I'm a lurk reader!)
  • Options

@simscognito That's fine, I do that too. A lot of the time, when I'm commenting on other people's SimLit, I have to go back and look through a chapter to make sure I'm commenting the right names. I just wanted to make sure I understood who you were referring to! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018

@simscognito That's fine, I do that too. A lot of the time, when I'm commenting on other people's SimLit, I have to go back and look through a chapter to make sure I'm commenting the right names. I just wanted to make sure I understood who you were referring to! :)

You'd be surprised how careful I can be and I still mess up names and major plot details! In fact a couple of years ago, I had completely forgotten the whole plot of Great Expectations and that I had even read it. It was also apparently the number one book I raved about that whole year and it was even written all over my diary. (True story, I'm not even joking) :D
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Oh goodness. Vincent is just a little to innocent. He's going to get himself into so much trouble. I want to see more of that playful happy side of Sullivan though instead of angry cranky side.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Oh goodness. Vincent is just a little to innocent. He's going to get himself into so much trouble. I want to see more of that playful happy side of Sullivan though instead of angry cranky side.

@Shadami Same! I was actually kind of surprised to see Sullivan in this mood! I don't think he's a naturally angry person. I think it's more of his current situation that's making him angry.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Unless Marshall has brought out a brand new side to Sullivan, that isn't very usual... that's probably more likely.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Well it did start the story off right away with an "I hate children" statement. And perfectly happy sims do get awfully mad when theyre around any kind of child. So I can see it