Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Congrats!

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
@SimGuruGraham, I spent some time this morning watching the replay of your live stream. I wanted to congratulate you and the team on the new stuff pack. You should be very proud of all the hard work and dedication I saw in the live stream walk-through. It is very impressive. I say a lot of things about the series, because I am passionate about the series and I believe you and the team did a great job and a very impressive intricate work on the pack. Not only with all the detail of the interactions and details of the objects concerned but with the intricate interactions with the other packs. Thank you and Maxis for allowing the community to take part in such a project, express their ideas, their feedback and to get a glimpse into how packs are made. I like to stay on the outer side because I like to believe it's all magic but I do find it very interesting to hear from you guys of how things are made and how it all comes together. This has been one very interesting project and though I have not commented much in this section, I have read how things were going, what was voted in or out and how much time it takes and how all the pieces have to fit together to bring it all to life.

I really do think you get players, especially deviant players like me, and this is a project the stuff pack team should really be very proud about since the community was allowed to lend their voice into a lot of the decissions of what would be included and how things should work to make them happy with a pack. For me, I like laundry everywhere, >:) and a little disappointed they won't have to clean up that much, but I can understand how others wouldn't...I'm a deviant player so yeah, the tougher my Sims have it the better, I enjoy making them perservere >:) Anyway, this is the most impressive stuff pack I have seen, and I always enjoy your live streams, and how you always try to let players and customers see into things we don't always understand. And for that my hat is off to you and the team, thank you for letting us participate and for taking the time to show an indepth look at this pack and how things work. It was one of the most informative live streams, and entire project I have had the privilege to be witness of. Thank you for the opportunity to vote etc. and see it all happen.

All the best!
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I second everything you just said, Cinebar! That was a great live stream and it's obvious a lot of thought and work went into the pack!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I agree with everything you said Cinebar! I think a lot of work was put into this SP just like all the other Sims games they have done for us.
    Yes, there were somethings I was sad about like not being able to use an ironing board as that was one thing I really would have loved to of seen in the SP but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. Who knows what future updates and packs will have in store for us, we never thought we would have toddlers for a LONG time (or at all) but they came in an update so who knows what will happen next.
    I think some people don't really understand the amount of work that goes into creating these packs so to see the behind the scenes with the planning and art really showed that there is a lot of work and planning that is always being done.

Thank you for all the work you do Sim Team, you always work so hard for us so we can keep playing a game we all love!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    LOVED THE LIVE STREAM - oddly my fav moment was the kitty playing with the water drops from the hanging laundry. That was unexpected and cute.

Great job sp team - and Graham & Amanda on covering all the details.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    I will admit I was not looking forward toward this pack's release and was going to get it for the stuff that came with the pack . I was planning on waiting on getting it. After seeing the live stream "cough-cough" twice. I am so getting it Tuesday and will be bouncing until it is down loaded. Congratulations on a well thought out pack.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Watching the cat play with the water drops, I almost lost myself. That was super cute. Sadly, I was hoping to pick up the game tomorrow, but since I'm a poor hobo :'( - I'm going to have to wait a while. But I will live vicariously through other players! :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    The only thing that still irked me about this is that they said they specifically didn't want to make laundry feel challenging or punishing. But hey, easy and toddler-friendly gameplay is to be expected from TS4 at this point and I generally agree with you. They pack is very detailed ( because they listened to the community's wishes and concerns for once ) and actually seems worth the money. It feels up there with Vampires in terms of quality which is something I'm surprised to say about a Stuff Pack. I'd actually consider buying it if I hadn't stopped supporting the game a while ago.

Lol reading through it again this comment seems like I just have to say something negative about it but it's not really my intention. I just can't see this level of detail and quality happening again anytime soon as players won't be able to give these huge amounts of feedback on future packs anymore.

SimGuruGraham often seems like he is in touch with what players want more than the average person. I do know there was a lot of negative feedback on TS3 over laundry piles, which I happened to love, but others who loved TS3 more than me, were very unhappy about it. I was a voice in a wilderness, of no, no, no..don't change that, I even wanted TS3 Sims to be very unhappy about laundry piles, I felt they were also too happy compared to TS2 or TS1. So, I suppose those voices won in this instance for TS4, just flip them away into a hamper as they change clothes. But at least some players got a pile everywhere if they have a sloppy Sim, which does say something about trying to please both crowds and yes, I do believe sloppy Sims would leave a pile every where more so than a neat person. It is a compromise I guess, and everyone is correct there is a lot of detail about these piles and machines more so than one would expect in stuff pack, and I think that is because of the community being involved in being able to voice their wishes in votes and conversations.

I hope Maxis and EA will see more positive feelings and results can happen when they allow their customers to feel part of a process, and part of what goes in and what doesn't like this was handled. It was Harry (hairy) at times, as even I can see that, but it was a good project to do with the community, to hear from all sides, and try to bring everyone along for the ride. More input that customers feel is acutally considered goes a long way in the community, and we can see it probably turned out better than we expected ( the pack content) and I would like to believe that was because there was a guru and team who decided to let the people in for a little while and help shape those things into being.

They may not have done the actual work, but community is written on this pack as much as it is written on toddlers in this series and we all know toddlers are better than all other games so far, so listening and working with the community (especially those on the forums) has proven to a profittable and good idea, more so than just listening to twitter or youtube followers. The whole thing has gone very well in my opinion and resulting in a pack more intricate than anyone expected. And will probably sell better than some of the others. I hope they can do more of these sort of projects with fans here and every where.
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I fully agree! For me as a player, this has been a very interesting glimpse into the world of game design. The outcome is certainly great. I love the amount of detail put into the gameplay, like the different states and scents for laundry piles and the moodlets Sims will receive based on the state of the laundry. Later today, I am going to play with this stuff pack and I am really looking forward to it.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I think they gave a nice balance to more deviant players as well as to more benevolant ones. If they're able to keep those options and that balance in the future, I wouldn't mind seeing more mischevious and dangerous things in the game, with upgrades and alternatives in-game to avoid them if players wish.

I think for such a 'mundane' concept as laundry, this turned out quite a bit better and more creative and interesting than most would have expected. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited January 2018
    The livestream was the best so far, in my opinion. @SimGuruGraham gave a very good explanation of the features and as he obviously loved the pack, enjoyed explaining all its' features. More serious and less giggling than usual. It encouraged me to buy it. He missed out the readymade "Laundry Rooms" though!

I tend to save time by buying the readymades, sticking them on the lawns and then moving all the objects to where I want them. Saves lots of time searching!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    @Simburian that'🐸🐸🐸🐸 great idea! I always forget about the styled rooms.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    That was a brilliant Livestream from SimGuru Graham and Drake, now I wish the GamePack team and the Expansion Pack team can do the same!