Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still a problem with Fire/Ambitions Calls Canceling?

Beck1590Beck1590 Posts: 145 Member
Hi there,

The last time I played ambitions with a firefighter a few years ago, I noticed the alarm would come but then when my FF would go to respond to them the action would drop and I couldn't go respond to this. I remember finding a fix. (I think it was that a certain firehouse type had to be installed on the lot but I can't remember?)

I haven't tried to play again to see if the issue still exists in my game, but has anyone had it before or lately and found a fix for it just in case I get into that bind as I'm planning to make a new FF when I finish all this reinstall business.

List of Towns, Problems, and Work Arounds

Isla Paradiso - Emergency call gets canceled when you click 'go to'. Instead: drive to property, enter the lot, only then choose put out fire. After that everything works the way it should.

Moonlight Falls - Small fires tend to drop, large ones do better. Try the tips below.

Twinbrook - No known issues yet.

If the emergency “drops” after you try to respond to it, try the following tips

- When the bell rings I send my sim to the lot where the fire is supposed to be. Make her really enter the property and then choose 'put out fire'

- Wait a few sim minutes to respond to fires. For whatever reason this sometimes is helping.

- Place a lot without a foundation ( like a garage) in every lot because often fires don’t spawn on elevated rooms.
Post edited by Beck1590 on

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I don't have issues with the Firefighter career. Having your sim have the skills needed while maintaining the fire truck and alarms at the station will help.

Did you build your own fire house or are you using EA's build? EA's build had two alarms in the fire house I believe.
  • Beck1590Beck1590 Posts: 145 Member
    I was using EA's.. I'm not a good enough builder to build my own - and everything was maintained it - was some kind of bug. I think I remember fixing it by putting in a different one of EA's firehouses.. it was a town / firehouse combination that had a small bug that was fixed by switching the firehouse in that town.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm playing the career at the moment and found a way around the cancelling. When the bell rings I send my sim to the lot where the fire is supposed to be. Make her really enter the property and then choose 'put out fire' (or whatever it's called in English ;)). That works. I must add I play the career in IP, apparently it matters in what world you're playing. I believe in Twinbrook there are no issues at all with the career?
    5JZ57S6.png
    I have heard different towns have better luck than others.

Often my small house fires in moonlight falls but I was able to go to some big ones later. I tried the trick where I wait a couple sim minutes to respond and it did help.

Can we make a list of what towns have issues and what they are? @JoAnne65

Twinbrok - No known issues
    Moonlight Falls - Minor issues, but still playable.
    Isla Paradiso - No known issues
    Good idea! But maybe we can name the issue and what to do about it.

Isla Paradiso - Emergency call gets canceled when you click 'go to'. Instead: drive to property, enter the lot, only then choose put out fire. After that everything works the way it should.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    Adding to faves, because I have a savegame on a computer with a Sim that recently joined FF career - her lifetime wish, so...
    Moonlight Falls - Small fires tend to cancel easily, but on both it's easier if you wait a few minutes before responding to keep them from dropping.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Placing at least one room without foundation (e.g. a garage) on every residential lot should also help preventing this bug. For some reasons small fires can't spawn in elevated rooms.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
    Maybe you could add the different solutions per world in the OP, as an easy reference source?
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 Done! Please keep adding as we find towns with issues and the work arounds. Likewise if you're not having issues with these towns or have -different- issues let me know. The more info we have the better.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2017
    I never play this career because the fires almost always get put out before my sim even get's out of the station xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I never play this career because the fires almost always get put out before my sim even get's out of the station xD
    Try the tips we gave here, so far it works for me. I love the career!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    I love the firefighter career. Sometimes I get this issue but i think it's because another sim working at the fire station goes out first to respond before my sim gets the chance.
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • AsnovAsnov Posts: 1 New Member
    Sunset Valley has issues with Fire Fighters. A big problem is the Fire Station itself. It contributes in large to the glitch, I deleted it and replaced it with the Fire Station from Twinbrook, but after reaching level 3 I had the same problem come back up.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Asnov wrote: »
    Sunset Valley has issues with Fire Fighters. A big problem is the Fire Station itself. It contributes in large to the glitch, I deleted it and replaced it with the Fire Station from Twinbrook, but after reaching level 3 I had the same problem come back up.
    This question has been answered over and over on this thread just above and on many different threads throughout the years.

Sims can and will put out small house fires on their own before the firefighter can respond, especially if the lot is on a foundation as has been said as the small fires won't spread that way. Don't "respond" to the small fires, instead send your firefighter sim over to near the lot or across the street, have them enter the affected lot, and then direct them to put the fire out from there. Or just wait it out, the bigger disasters that come at the higher firefighter career levels don't tend to resolve themselves.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited January 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    Asnov wrote: »
    This question has been answered over and over on this thread just above and on many different threads throughout the years.

Sims can and will put out small house fires on their own before the firefighter can respond, especially if the lot is on a foundation as has been said as the small fires won't spread that way. Don't "respond" to the small fires, instead send your firefighter sim over to near the lot or across the street, have them enter the affected lot, and then direct them to put the fire out from there. Or just wait it out, the bigger disasters that come at the higher firefighter career levels don't tend to resolve themselves.
    They do in IP, so I still use the method you describe even when my sim has reached the highest rank now. Even the criminals would manage to dismantle their own conspiracy if I’d sent her there using the fire alarm :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    They do in IP, so I still use the method you describe even when my sim has reached the highest rank now. Even the criminals would manage to dismantle their own conspiracy if I’d sent her there using the fire alarm :p
    Even the earthquakes, meteors, and gas leaks? That's surprising, but at least there's still a way to work around it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited January 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Even the earthquakes, meteors, and gas leaks? That's surprising, but at least there's still a way to work around it.
    Yes, the assignments simply get canceled as soon as I click on the alarm bell. But indeed, I’m glad there is this solution and it works 100%.
    5JZ57S6.png