Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Setting forum time?

I swear that I didn't make a post that was 2 hours ago yet it was only 2 minutes ago. I made a post on 9:20 am my time but it says it was made 2 hours earlier. Is there a setting on here where I can set the correct timezone for my account?
Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I swear that I didn't make a post that was 2 hours ago yet it was only 2 minutes ago. I made a post on 9:20 am my time but it says it was made 2 hours earlier. Is there a setting on here where I can set the correct timezone for my account?

Perhaps though I think something's wrong with just the specific thread registering the same post time anytime someone posts.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi @paradiseplanet

The forum should display your local time.

If the time is showing incorrectly for you, could you please clear your browser cookies and cache.

If the issue remains, could please you link me a comment with incorrect time-stamp and take screenshot of the time as it shows for you (feel free to test post here :) )?

Thanks!
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hi @paradiseplanet

The forum should display your local time.

If the time is showing incorrectly for you, could you please clear your browser cookies and cache.

If the issue remains, could please you link me a comment with incorrect time-stamp and take screenshot of the time as it shows for you (feel free to test post here :) )?

Thanks!

Thanks, I found that it's one thread here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933180/useless-patch#latest

That thread shows for me that the last post was on Jan 12 which is yesterday for me, but as of typing this the last post shows came at 4:51 AM today, Jan 13:

z5yas7J.png

l9BYTb9.png
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm having that issue with that thread too. I've seen it happen with other threads before. It usually happens after a moderator posts in the thread to remove some comments. I hope that helps to narrow down the problem! :)
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Are you logged in at the time of viewing? It generally does not show the correct time zone if you are not logged in.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Are you logged in at the time of viewing? It generally does not show the correct time zone if you are not logged in.

I'm sure i'm logged in when viewing threads, how else am I to reply to them? :p
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Very interesting!

Thank you very much for the screenshots :)

This does look like some form of a minor bug, I'll do my best to look into it.

-Mage