Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your honest opinion on Laundry day stuff.

zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8yTBEBpZts

To be honest - I think it's pretty cool, however just giving my opinion, I think it costs a lot just to do laundry, and have new items in CAS. But for people who don't do their laundry in real life (me) this is gonna be cool. :wink:

Edit: At 00:34 it looks like he is washing a zucchini. :lol:
Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
Please add me on Origin!

Comments

• zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    I like what I see so far; I'm a fan of the style for CAS and B/B. I know many people are all "why the heck would you pay to do laundry?", but it's the same answer for every other "why do you like....?" about the Sims. It's because we just, uh, do.

I agree.
    Please add me on Origin!
    millsmolls wrote: »
    But for people who don't do their laundry in real life (me) this is gonna be cool. :wink:

Excuse me wat

My parents do it, I'm lazy haha.
    Please add me on Origin!
    Cynna wrote: »
    Honest opinion: the trailer is more entertaining than the actual pack could ever be.

I genuinely agree aswell.. the trailer did make me laugh a few times, the music is so dramatic and aha :lol:
    Please add me on Origin!
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I like any new pack for the CAS & build/buy objects, but usually get bored/annoyed with the game play after about a week. I'll probably enjoy this pack for the first day, then forget it's there. I'm more looking forward to the game pack coming next month.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I like any new pack for the CAS & build/buy objects, but usually get bored/annoyed with the game play after about a week. I'll probably enjoy this pack for the first day, then forget it's there. I'm more looking forward to the game pack coming next month.

Yeah. Laundry is quite a small feature and I do like the clothes and building/furniture objects in the game. I'm honestly not that fond of small packs and I will also forget about it.
    Please add me on Origin!
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    After seeing the live stream, I'm way more into it than I was at first. The gameplay aspect of it is a lot more than I thought it'd be.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I am one of those who really wanted laundry back and I think they have gone above my expectations! I can't wait for Tuesday!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    The graphics are rough on the clothing in the washing machine and on the clothesline. Reminded me of the ballpit...
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I recommend that you head over to twitch and watch the lastest broadcast from The Sims. On Jan 12th they showed off the laundry day stuff back. They added a lot of detail into this pack. I mean it looks like simple laundry but it's complex laundry if that's even such a thing
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    The graphics are rough on the clothing in the washing machine and on the clothesline. Reminded me of the ballpit...

We don't speak of the ballpit...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I'm excited!! @ldmarko What's the gamepack coming next month?
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Yup for this ridiculous pack.
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Where is the Eco Living part? Eco Living was the pack idea that won. Did everything with Eco Living get thrown out the window?

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    My honest opinion ..

Here's the thing, I did want more housework and I did want laundry included in a pack but not a stand alone pack. It would have fit parenthood perfectly with the chore charts. I'll buy it and I will use it but I think it's silly as a stand alone pack. What next, will we get a pack dedicated to garden sprinklers? I mean it's just weird and beyond that it is frustrating that we just keep getting dinky stuff packs trickling in. At this rate by the time TS5 rolls out we will need to micro purchase the ability to wash dishes or clean the shower. And I live in the country, their idea of "country clothing" is weird. Like country clothes are thrift store clothes. Hippy clothes sure but not country.

Bottom line is I'll buy this pack because I'm a completist and in to far to not get whatever I can to add gameplay but it's going on my growing list of why TS4 will be my last sims game.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is not eco-living, which is what won. I think this is yet another pack that I will wait to purchase until it is $5 or less. I have gotten a majority of the stuff packs for $5 or less anyway.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Where is the Eco Living part? Eco Living was the pack idea that won. Did everything with Eco Living get thrown out the window?

I think its the thrift store clothes that they call country clothes... BTW I'm all for thrift shopping but I'm not liking them calling it country clothes but whatever.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cards on the table: The laundry process itself looks detailed and I like the fact that sims will not just leave their dirty clothes at their feet no matter what room they are in. (Unless they are slobs) I was surprised that the drier can catch fire and I can only hope its not too regular as there will be complaints and it will be nipped in the bud. *cough aliens cough*

And finally standing in a puddle fixing electrical appliances will increase your chances of a shock ala the Sims 3. Weather or not it will affect other appliances like the dishwasher will remain to be seen but I'm not too optimistic.

I like many of the cas items and decor I admit.

Slightly bummed that this packs contribution to "eco living" is a wash basin and clothes line. But I've said this many times already and sadly its not going to change. I feel sorry for those who voted for this theme Not wanting laundry and got stuck with it.

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I wasn't sure, but the livestream made it look pretty good.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited January 2018
    I like for my sims to have chores to do.
    I don't need a full range of chores, just a few.
    Seeing as clothes can get really funky if you don't wash them, doing laundry makes sense.

Someone posted more detail that is not seen in the trailer and it looks like the did a good job on it.
    I liked having my sims doing laundry in TS3 and it looks like EA improved on the theme a great deal for TS4.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    My honest opinion... they put a lot of thought into this pack and I think I'll be very happy with it. I like that they implemented some things from Sims 3 (the clothes going into the hamper but improved it where you didn't need a hamper in every corner of the house. I hated that). I think it's cool that the quality of the clothes will degrade as they sit. That is one of my favorite little features of surprise that they added. And I really like how, without the tub, clothes, hampers, or washer and dryer on the lot, it's no different then what it is now. Cause sometimes, I'm not going to want laundry with a household. I am disappointed about no laundry mats, but, that is really all that I am disappointed about with this pack.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I was told many years ago that I'm a Mundane. Be that as it may, I enjoyed it when laundry was introduced in Sims3, and I'm excited to have it back in Sims4. I'm also excited that a SP they invited us to have some input in, is going to drop next week. I intend to remodel the Wright Way House ( that I copied from another player who brought it into the Sims3), which I brought to Sims4. I have a family currently living in it and they need room for a washer and a dryer. I'm also very curious to know if we put hampers in the rooms, if the clothes will automatically fly into it (as it did in Sims3) or if we'll have to drag it there ourselves? (Would that sort of thing could happen in RL, no? No more piles of dirty laundry in the bedrooms, or the bathroom floor, or God forbid, the bottom of the closet!)

@millsmolls , since you decline to do your own laundry, which is fine since your parents appear to not mind, I do hope you know how to do laundry. I never required any of my three children to do their own clothing while under my roof while they were kids. But, I made sure they knew the fundamentals of how to do it. (Not that any of my lessons stuck. They don't sort by color, let alone by fabric, they just lump it all in together. Disparaging how I was taught as "old school". :o ) [I personally, can't stand dingy used-to-be-white socks.] To me, that was Eco at work. To have them separate their stuff out from their parents' would lead to more loads.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/