Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone let their kids stay home from school or do a 3-day weekend?

2...Next

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2018
    Neia has a mod that randomly gives your kids a vacation day from school. They can be out for up to 3 days. I use that.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    No, I usually don't find a reason to let them have the day off school. It's only for special occasions for me, like family weddings.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I do sometimes. If the kid/teen has an A and I want to work their skills or just have some time with them I'll have a sim write an excuse note for them. I used to play on normal life span but with all the skills, aspirations, and personality traits that we now have I have moved on to long life spans.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • ZilogManZilogMan Posts: 57 Member
    I used to age up my Kids/Teens when they hit A grade, so that there was a concrete benefit to studying hard. I guess this meant vacation went unused.

Now, I'm trying to do as others have suggested and work on aspirations while using up holiday allowance.

I suppose it depends on your how old the parents are - if they're young, let the kids age naturally, but otherwise you might want to dash towards adulthood so both generations get to experience a bit of adulthood together.
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I do for vacations, weddings, etc.
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah, although, again I still hate that you have to put in vacation days one day at a time. like during the holidays, or something take the whole week off.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Yep, and then when its close to birthday time I usually let them start using their vacation days.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!