Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Hampers

Random question....there are 3 two decorative hampers in the game (one in Parenthood and the other two in the Base Game) will there be any scope in upgrading these as additional laundry hampers?

Comments

• chxnelchxnel Posts: 57 Member
    I have a feeling they won't be "upgraded" to have gameplay functions, but I don't know. I mean that'd be cool though.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I believe it has been stated that existing hampers will not be made functional (I forgot the reasoning behind why) but the new ones will be. Maybe it is something modders will be able to address if you use mods in your game? If not I hope that there are at least a nice variety of swatches to choose from
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I believe it has been stated that existing hampers will not be made functional (I forgot the reasoning behind why) but the new ones will be. Maybe it is something modders will be able to address if you use mods in your game? If not I hope that there are at least a nice variety of swatches to choose from

It’s probably cause that would be patching in a feature that only people who buy the game would use
    21mbz47.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »

It’s probably cause that would be patching in a feature that only people who buy the game would use

Or they could make those previous hampers actually functional if you bought Laundry Day, but you know, guess that might not be happening.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I think that it has more to do with the fact that putting a functional hamper on a lot sets laundry into action. If you don't, or at least that is how it worked in TS3 and they said it would be the same, then you don't have piles of clothes or the need to wash them. So if they updated the decorative hampers and someone has those on a lot but don't have the laundry pack, it will cause programming issues. Some people like the look of the hampers but don't want to do the laundry. I would love more functional hampers, but I get why the decorative ones won't work.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think that it has more to do with the fact that putting a functional hamper on a lot sets laundry into action. If you don't, or at least that is how it worked in TS3 and they said it would be the same, then you don't have piles of clothes or the need to wash them. So if they updated the decorative hampers and someone has those on a lot but don't have the laundry pack, it will cause programming issues. Some people like the look of the hampers but don't want to do the laundry. I would love more functional hampers, but I get why the decorative ones won't work.

That makes sense because then people would have to take all the hampers out of the houses that they don't want laundry to be enabled in and that would be such a chore for the player.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • JayMakesJayMakes Posts: 3 New Member
    If they aren't upgraded they'll still see a lot more use from me as decorations.
    I rarely use them right now.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You can place a fake laundry hamper anywhere for décor purposes. If you have a working one somewhere on your lot, all the dirty clothes will go into it.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You can place a fake laundry hamper anywhere for décor purposes. If you have a working one somewhere on your lot, all the dirty clothes will go into it.

unless they're slob/lazy
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

unless they're slob/lazy

Obviously!
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I think they confirmed somewhere (I think it was on Twitter) that they aren't updating the previous ones.