Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    So....I made a shell for the library...and then checked the cost. Yikes! I may need to make it a teensy bit smaller, lol
  • ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    So... same thing happened to me @misscbong :-) I got super excited about this build, got started and before I knew it, I was at 70,000 and the inside was still empty. Maybe a three story was a little ambitious for this budget :) But I think I will just finish it anyway and then start over, there's still quite some time left for this challenge and I am really enjoying my build, don't really want to stop just because I've gone over budget.
  • ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    If anyone cares to check out my totally failed attempt at this challenge, for a whopping $206,000 you can download the first version of "Newcrest Library" on the gallery (ID: ChaosSimmer86). Hope you guys are doing better than me :) I'm going to start over tomorrow. Had fun doing the build though, my first library :)
  • ambzz3ambzz3 Posts: 14 New Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #86: A Library for Newcrest
    FORUM ID: ambzz3
    ORIGIN ID: ambzz3
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT:
    LOT COST:2500
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run (Newcrest)
    BUILD COST: 100,000
    TOTAL COST: 102,500
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS: First time entering this challenge, or any build challenge. Tried to stick to a very basic, modern theme. Also added a children's area.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

So because I am "not a member" it will not let me post links. any hints to get around this so i can enter the challenge?
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    ambzz3 wrote: »
    LOT:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS: First time entering this challenge, or any build challenge. Tried to stick to a very basic, modern theme. Also added a children's area.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

So because I am "not a member" it will not let me post links. any hints to get around this so i can enter the challenge?

Yes! Copy the link in your address bar, and when pasted in here - remove the https:// so you can post the rest. I'm sure we can figure it out from there
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    I tried to quote you and it wouldn't let me. assuming because of the https. :D
    thank you so much! Ill have to resubmit my entry form.
    LOT:www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0BC2E8BBF77E11E78F4295E26243B3DA?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Library&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=1d2006c7c3686734&page=view&resid=1D2006C7C3686734!1998&parId=1D2006C7C3686734!104&app=PowerPoint
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @ambzz3 - neither of those links are working for me, can you message us directly with the links and then we can quote and add them to your entry form.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @ambzz2 and @BuildnShare
    I could access the gallery upload at: Modern Library
    But the slide show link needed my microsoft login and then said the item either didn't exist or I didn't have permission to see it.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Popping in to say "hi" and am impressed by the different takes on the last challenge. Love the big chessboard @glen1974! Good luck to all who participated!
    I haven't been in a mood for building lately :( I open the game, stare at an empty lot for awhile and close the game again, lol. Maybe a new library will get me inspired again? :)
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    @mannanna hopefully you'll get inspired soon :*
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    So, I'm working on something totally out there for this next challenge, and I'm super excited about it!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Some beautiful work on the last challenge guys!! I got overwhelmed by the size of the place and, honestly, consider myself more of a builder than a decorator, but I'm really impressed by what folks came up with!

@mannanna - I'm there all the time. I follow 6 different challenge threads and try to enter every challenge and end up staring at a screen for about half of them. Either that or I start builds and end up trashing them. I am confident that you'll get ramped up over a project soon!!!

@Faithofkaela - out there? I really like out there! I'm kinda intrigued now! Looking forward to it!

I'm kind of done, but think I should wait a couple of days and look back to see if I want to make changes. I do still have 2000 left to spend (WooHoo!)

• rainesrandirainesrandi Posts: 47 Member
    edited January 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID:rainesrandi
    ORIGIN ID: gaminggrandi
    LEVEL:starting out
    LOThttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/464E5415F8C011E78BB895E26243B3DA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=gaminggrandi&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME:Sandy Run -Newcrest
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 99,917
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/kU8ks
    ENTRY DETAILS: Clean and abstract lines with a splash of bold colors here and there. In this modern library a sim will find a children's area on the first floor, along with a coffee bar. The majority of the collection is located on the second floor. You know in case of future flooding. The bathroom and learning center are located on the top floor. Two balconies offer a fresh burst of air just in case sims might need it.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:Slyay6J.png, hDkP3B6.png
    Post edited by rainesrandi on
    GrandiSunshine
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 2018
    @rainesrandi your library is beautiful, love the mix of white and black tone inside it. But i think you're not suppose do exceed the budget of 100,000 for the challenge.But then again, maybe i'm wrong(i'm not a judge :) ) and you're not far from it. :)

edit: how did you do the little white line in your parking lot?
    Post edited by LadyAlexiel on
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited January 2018
    @rainesrandi - I'm not sure why you've listed your lot at $101,557, when in the gallery it states that it is $99,917, which is of course under budget, you might want to tweak your entry form. Also, don't worry about adding the lot cost onto this one, as it has been provided by Newcrest Town Council ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @LadyAlexiel Those little white lines are called 'Fence for Window shopping' under the fences section. I love it :) Used it in my parking lot too lol

@rainesrandi Your build is lovely! I enjoyed your pictures.

@FaithofKaela I can't wait to see your build! You've gotten us all hyped about it.
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 2018
    @FidgetyAtom thank you for the information :)

here's my entry for the challenge

FORUM ID:LadyAlexiel
    ORIGIN ID: LadyAlexiel
    LEVEL:starting out
    LOT:download here
    LOT NAME: Libra mania BnS86
    BUILD COST: 97,120
    TOTAL COST: 99,560
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/XAt8I
    ENTRY DETAILS: I tried to make a modern and progressive library by keeping it simple and giving it a intriguing shape. My build is inspired by the Failing water modern fountain object in game. It's mostly decorated with white tone inside and there is a colorful area for children. The outside of the library is colorful with this illuminated pillar and this tinted windows.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    6CYnzf9.png
    xIkUjE5.png
    Post edited by LadyAlexiel on
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
    @LadyAlexiel I love that you upsized those books and put them on the rooftop, what a great idea. Wonderful build! I loved all the pics.
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LEVEL: Intermediate
    LOT: Download here!
    LOT NAME: Highbrow Library
    BUILD COST: §100,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Pictures here!
    ENTRY DETAILS: This was so fun! I have never built a modern structure before. It was very enlightening and I hope I did well. The Highbrow Library is a great addition to any town. Sticking with 'modern' theme, the build has smooth lines and bold coloring. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I know I've liked using this library in my own town. Thanks for this learning opportunity!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DTYCX0ZX0AEZJBo.jpg
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

mannanna wrote: »
    Popping in to say "hi" and am impressed by the different takes on the last challenge. Love the big chessboard @glen1974! Good luck to all who participated!
    I haven't been in a mood for building lately :( I open the game, stare at an empty lot for awhile and close the game again, lol. Maybe a new library will get me inspired again? :)

Thank you @mannanna I am glad you liked it. It was one of those ideas that just came to me in the middle of doing the build as I had no idea where I was going with this build. I too also have times when I have builder's block and find it really hard to get inspired. However doing the challenges on here from time to time really does help and pushes me to be more creative. Plus everyone here is so supportive of one another too :smile: Hope you are able to get building again soon!
    FORUM ID: Kilra0
    ORIGIN ID: kilra0
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Newcrest Library
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run
    BUILD COST: § 99,866
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: ...
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    5UNUyu3.png?1
  • DrthvdrDrthvdr Posts: 16 Member
    FORUM ID: drthvdr (lifeofamberl)
    ORIGIN ID:drthvdr_1980
    LOT: h.ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C7FB33C4F94B11E78AB9E0F9547847F5
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: EON BIBLIOBIBULI
    BUILD COST:96,685
    TOTAL COST: 99,185
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h.ttps://imgur.com/a/6Wkbr
    ENTRY DETAILS: Spacious and airy library with an outdoor chess area, and rooftop garden to read, relax, or write. There is a homey feel in a modern setting. Surrounded by glass and natural light.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NONE
    edited January 2018
    Drthvdr wrote: »
    FORUM ID: drthvdr (lifeofamberl)
    ORIGIN ID:drthvdr_1980
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C7FB33C4F94B11E78AB9E0F9547847F5
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: EON BIBLIOBIBULI
    BUILD COST:96,685
    TOTAL COST: 99,185
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/6Wkbr
    ENTRY DETAILS: Spacious and airy library with an outdoor chess area, and rooftop garden to read, relax, or write. There is a homey feel in a modern setting. Surrounded by glass and natural light.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NONE
    PICTURES: 01-14-18_9-37-30_AM.png
  • koekje169koekje169 Posts: 1 New Member
    FORUM ID: Koekje169
    ORIGIN ID: Patronie28
    LOT: Great Newcrest Library: www.ea.com/nl-nl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9047FA47F93611E78BD3E5E9CE364264?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Patronie28&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run
    TOTAL COST: § 99,878
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/cECmY
    ENTRY DETAILS: It was a lot of fun building this library! It is a two-floor building with lots of light and various reading and studying/working spaces. It has a very modern exterior and interior and there is a nice roof terrace where sims can enjoy their books and a cup of good coffee from the cafe in the sun!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: don't know how to add pictures in a post, so check the slideshow link :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top