Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Useless patch

Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
I’m so annoyed, we wait a month for the patch to be released and they didn’t fix anything important. Most bug fixes were for SPs even though cats and dogs broke all the game.

City living and cats and dogs are the buggiest EPs so far and non of them got fixed.

Honestly I think it’s embarrasing to release a patch like this.

Remaining issues:

- Doctor career works half of the time. Some tasks won’t be completed even though they’ve done them SEVERAL times.
- Stupid outfits are still a thing
- Names generated by the game that I can’t pronounce
- Cats and dogs are pretty much stuck when they live in apartments and want to pee
- Adoption lady for cats and dogs works half of the time.
- Adopting strays works half of the time
- Some table recolors don’t work.
- Selling items at the flea market doesn’t work
- Sims getting stuck out of nowhere still happens

And no I’m not reporting this bugs somewhere else again. They have been going on for a while so by now everyone knows.

21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Well yeah, a new Stuff Pack is coming out so....they fixed Stuff Pack issues. Makes sense to me. I'm bummed that nothing free came with it but I think the actual SP is going to be so huge that it'll be okay. 10 bucks for all that is a deal!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Just read the patch notes and I agree. These may be small, but here are more fixes I’d like to see from Cats and Dogs:

-Pet toy boxes keep rotating on their own when sim returns to lot
    -One of the shingle wallpapers is missing or incomplete and shows a number on the swatch

And City Living:
    -Windows casting wrong shadows in San Myshuno or no shadows when CL windows are on lots in other worlds

Can you tell I’m a builder? :p
  • Options
    GARYZGAL wrote: »
    Well yeah, a new Stuff Pack is coming out so....they fixed Stuff Pack issues. Makes sense to me. I'm bummed that nothing free came with it but I think the actual SP is going to be so huge that it'll be okay. 10 bucks for all that is a deal!

I don’t understand your reasoning? All the bugs in the game affect the new SP.
    taydev wrote: »
    Just read the patch notes and I agree. These may be small, but here are more fixes I’d like to see from Cats and Dogs:

-One of the shingle wallpapers is missing or incomplete and shows a number on the swatch

And City Living:
    -Windows casting wrong shadows in San Myshuno or no shadows when CL windows are on lots in other worlds

I think builders need more attention. The game needs to give you more stuff to work with and if they won’t do it, at least keep it bug free.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don't mind about not having free stuff. I certainly didn't expect anything. I do wish the patch has been more substantial in terms of bug fixes for more major things.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I’m so annoyed, we wait a month for the patch to be released and they didn’t fix anything important. Most bug fixes were for SPs even though cats and dogs broke all the game.

City living and cats and dogs are the buggiest EPs so far and non of them got fixed.

Remaining issues:

- Doctor career works half of the time. Some tasks won’t be completed even though they’ve done them SEVERAL times.
    - Cats and dogs are pretty much stuck when they live in apartments and want to pee

And no I’m not reporting this bugs somewhere else again. They have been going on for a while so by now everyone knows.
    Yeah, why can't all Sims have names like Sam Smith and Dianne Jones? You know it's simple to go into Manage Households and give them new names, right? I do that all the time.

The flea market thing bugs me too -- my Sim spent all day trying to sell her MySims figurines but evidently no one else wants them either.

More than likely they're still working on the issue of the weird outfits and the rest of the issues you describe. I'll tag @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin and see if either of them can provide insight.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    tmcox1242tmcox1242 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm really hoping for a fix for the flea market soon. I love the idea of a flea market, but haven't actually gotten to use it yet as it was already broken by the time I bought City Living (or was it always broken?).
  • Options
    I don't mind about not having free stuff. I certainly didn't expect anything. I do wish the patch has been more substantial in terms of bug fixes for more major things.

Ill give up free stuff for a bunch of of bug fixes in a heartbeat

Remaining issues:

Yeah, why can't all Sims have names like Sam Smith and Dianne Jones? You know it's simple to go into Manage Households and give them new names, right? I do that all the time.

The flea market thing bugs me too -- my Sim spent all day trying to sell her MySims figurines but evidently no one else wants them either.

More than likely they're still working on the issue of the weird outfits and the rest of the issues you describe. I'll tag @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin and see if either of them can provide insight.

I mean I don’t mind some diversity in names, but all the names??? It’s really annoying
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Remaining issues:

I mean I don’t mind some diversity in names, but all the names??? It’s really annoying

I agree. I would rather have bugs fixed over free stuff. Heck I want bug fixes more than a new stuff pack.

The name generator is frustrating. At this stage I'm not sure if its a bug. I got the game for my niece on console and its even affecting the console game. I have so many townies called Kieko I got fed up of changing their names.
  • Options

Remaining issues:

I agree. I would rather have bugs fixed over free stuff. Heck I want bug fixes more than a new stuff pack.

The name generator is frustrating. At this stage I'm not sure if its a bug. I got the game for my niece on console and its even affecting the console game. I have so many townies called Kieko I got fed up of changing their names.

I used a mod for a while then it got outdated and the modder had given up on the game so he never updated it again :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    taydev wrote: »

And City Living:

The window shadows are so annoying! I noticed those too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

I used a mod for a while then it got outdated and the modder had given up on the game so he never updated it again :/

This is the saddest part. There are modders who are willing to fix the things that are broken. However, having your mod broken practically every other month, for some, it ceases to be worth it. Or, they just don't feel that the game itself is worth the effort.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

This is the saddest part. There are modders who are willing to fix the things that are broken. However, having your mod broken practically every other month, for some, it ceases to be worth it. Or, they just don't feel that the game itself is worth the effort.

Exactly. Also why is it that modders can fix it, but the developers won’t? Like I really don’t understand
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I thought i was the only one with weird names popping up.

LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I havent encountered any of your issues with adoption. It works 100 percent of the time for me. What mods do you use?

As for the clothes issue, its been fixef already. Having weird clothes in San myshuno is by design, because theyre labelled under weirdos. They wear weird masks or st patties hats etc.

And the dogs being "stuck" when they have to pee outside makes absolute perfect sense. It is an apartment. You dont just let your dogs out irl in an apartment, have them use the elevator, go pee and come back. Dogs are outdoor active creatures. They want backyards to run around in. If you want then to pee in an apartment then you need to leash them up and take them outside just like in real life, or get a cat. Theyre low maintenance and perfect for apartments.

As for the name bug, that is one of my most annoying bugs. I dont mind variety, but more than half the town are pale skinned and oriental names.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited January 2018
    I totally agree that this is a useless patch, especially for builders! We keep hearing promises of more building tools coming, and yet time goes on and on and all we have seen in over a year is a few new roof options. Building tools would most likely have to come out in a patch, and well, I have been watching patches come out and.... nothing. When will EA keep their promise to us builders and give us more building tools? And please don't ask me to specifically list what tools I am talking about. I have listed tools we should have in this game in so many other threads and it does no good, because we get NOTHING!!! At this point, I would take ANY new tools.... anything is better than nothing!!! Come on, EA and @SimGuruHouts What is the hold up???
    Post edited by ehaught58 on
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I havent encountered any of your issues with adoption. It works 100 percent of the time for me. What mods do you use?

As for the clothes issue, its been fixef already. Having weird clothes in San myshuno is by design, because theyre labelled under weirdos. They wear weird masks or st patties hats etc.

And the dogs being "stuck" when they have to pee outside makes absolute perfect sense. It is an apartment. You dont just let your dogs out irl in an apartment, have them use the elevator, go pee and come back. Dogs are outdoor active creatures. They want backyards to run around in. If you want then to pee in an apartment then you need to leash them up and take them outside just like in real life, or get a cat. Theyre low maintenance and perfect for apartments.

As for the name bug, that is one of my most annoying bugs. I dont mind variety, but more than half the town are pale skinned and oriental names.

I wasn’t having issues with adoption till last time. I wanted to adopt and the adoption agent came, but with no pets. It like glitchd out, because the next day (sim day) the kittens I’ve picked were outside my house for a split second before they dissapeard. I do have a lot of mods.
    Also I get some of the clothes in San Myshuno , but besides geek con , sims shouldn’t be dressing like weirdos in every single festival.
    The apartment thing is a bug, even if you let them out they won’t do it , unless you send your sim downstairs and have your pet called.

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I was actually underwhelmed at today's patch, and while I totally agree with Orchid13, I get tired about complaining about these same things quickly.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited January 2018

I actually don't experience this bug at all. My Sim is a city boy born and bred and he's never gonna leave San Myshuno, but he's also never gonna leave his big, bad Rottweiler. Rottweiler Rocco is perfectly able to go outside to pee on his own and actually spends a lot of time roaming the neighborhood, terrorizing tourists and attacking street musicians for no reason at all. :blush:

I 100% agree with you, @Orchid13. This patch was useless. I'm still waiting desperately for a fix for the ghost culling bug which is kind of breaking the game for me right now, so I was hoping against hope that that bug might take priority but nope, guess not. And those names. I have at least two townie families called Srivastava, and about 95% of my townies have foreign, seemingly Asian names. I don't mind diversity at all - but this isn't diversity. Apart from my own Sims, I have maybe one or two townies with English names. The rest are all not only non-English, but also exclusively non-Western... and there seems to be a preference for Asian-sounding surnames and Asian-looking Sims with ridiculous CL/Vampires clothing and blonde/red hair colors that don't match their skin tone at all. Where's the diversity in that?
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I actually had a pet adoption totally glitch out once: The agent walked in alright, but just kept putting down the pet carriers until there was no more space in the living room - with no pet in sight. While that craziness was going on I actually did find the cat my sim was trying to adopt somewhere way off the lot. I thought, no problem just make nice with the kitty and adopt him and then end the process. Well, I adopted the pet, renamed him, paid the fee and ended the process because my sim wanted his living room back. But the agent still took the pet with him. I was really bummed. Fortunately when I tried to adopt the next day, that cat was still among the choices with the new name I had given him!
    I think the adoption glitched out because I had the front door looked for everyone but household members, because I never had that issue again.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    I do wish the flea market would get fixed. I heard the tarp didn't work either and I didn't get to use it.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    the patch was 1gb... why was it 1 whole gb if there was only few bug fixes and pre-laundry text...???
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    the patch was 1gb... why was it 1 whole gb if there was only few bug fixes and pre-laundry text...???

SimGuruNick wrote this on Twitter:
    There was some internal cleanup we had to do, nothing user-facing, and nothing that should happen again, it was a one-time thing.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    CL almost needs to be uninstalled if you want normal sims to spawn. With CL it seems all the townie spawns are asian, pear shaped, and have unpronounceable names. They also need to fix the nonsense of vampires knocking on your door EVERY night...like they're sales people or trying to hand out religious pamphlets.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The game runs very smoothly after the patch.
    My premium wish would be to fix the Parenthood obessions - dishwashing and kids channel.
  • Options
    Firande wrote: »

I actually don't experience this bug at all. My Sim is a city boy born and bred and he's never gonna leave San Myshuno, but he's also never gonna leave his big, bad Rottweiler. Rottweiler Rocco is perfectly able to go outside to pee on his own and actually spends a lot of time roaming the neighborhood, terrorizing tourists and attacking street musicians for no reason at all. :blush:

I 100% agree with you, @Orchid13. This patch was useless. I'm still waiting desperately for a fix for the ghost culling bug which is kind of breaking the game for me right now, so I was hoping against hope that that bug might take priority but nope, guess not. And those names. I have at least two townie families called Srivastava, and about 95% of my townies have foreign, seemingly Asian names. I don't mind diversity at all - but this isn't diversity. Apart from my own Sims, I have maybe one or two townies with English names. The rest are all not only non-English, but also exclusively non-Western... and there seems to be a preference for Asian-sounding surnames and Asian-looking Sims with ridiculous CL/Vampires clothing and blonde/red hair colors that don't match their skin tone at all. Where's the diversity in that?

That’s the thing, some bugs should be priorities, like the ones you and I mentioned. The names are driving me crazy. I love diversity , but like you said , it’s not diverse anymore it’s just bugged.
    21mbz47.jpg