Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't use Dishwasher (fixed in 1.11)

2...Next

Comments

• LisaLadybirDLisaLadybirD Posts: 447 Member
    I had this problem for sometime and then i found an easy solution.It wasn't the position of the dishwasher itself, but the fact of items on the workspace above the dishwasher.
    Having nothing on the worktop that the dishwasher sits under = using it every time.
    I didn't say it was your fault. I said i was blaming you!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited January 2018
    I had this problem for sometime and then i found an easy solution.It wasn't the position of the dishwasher itself, but the fact of items on the workspace above the dishwasher.
    Having nothing on the worktop that the dishwasher sits under = using it every time.

It is helpful to know the cause of this issue in your game, and how you fixed it :)
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I know this thread is old but I'm just gonna add my two cents on this bug, Sims refuse to use counters in the kitchen to prepare food, there is a perfectly good empty one but they insist on going to the upstairs bathroom to use the counters there, the sims refuse to wash dishes on sinks attached to counters, they only use stand alone sinks, whether that would be for washing dishes, washing hands, etc. so they are constantly moving to the upstairs bathroom to use the one there for everything even though there is a perfectly good counter top sink right next to them, sims refuse to use dishwasher even if I initiate the load dish washer interaction.
    I had this problem for sometime and then i found an easy solution. It wasn't the position of the dishwasher itself, but the fact of items on the workspace above the dishwasher.

I'm going to try and see if this helps, thanks for the suggestion.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I know this thread is old but I'm just gonna add my two cents on this bug, Sims refuse to use counters in the kitchen to prepare food, there is a perfectly good empty one but they insist on going to the upstairs bathroom to use the counters there, the sims refuse to wash dishes on sinks attached to counters, they only use stand alone sinks, whether that would be for washing dishes, washing hands, etc. so they are constantly moving to the upstairs bathroom to use the one there for everything even though there is a perfectly good counter top sink right next to them, sims refuse to use dishwasher even if I initiate the load dish washer interaction.
    I had this problem for sometime and then i found an easy solution. It wasn't the position of the dishwasher itself, but the fact of items on the workspace above the dishwasher.

I'm going to try and see if this helps, thanks for the suggestion.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about your issues
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-using-far-away-object-instead-of-close-one/m-p/6412194#M50140
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I don't know if there are issues of Sims not using the Dishwasher despite one being present in the lot. I believe the reason why the bug had occurred was because the developers forgot to program the Sims' AI to take account that a Dishwasher is included in the lot so that the Sim will use it. Due to the action not being updated to take account for a dishwasher, the Sim would still use the sink. Version 1.11 has fixed this so the Sim should use the Dishwasher if a lot includes one.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer