Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Eldircora wrote: »
    Oh and also if you invite family over they should be automatically kind of taking care of a toddler. Especially grandparents. I wish you could make them come and babysit instead of a nanny.

Grandparents as babysitters has been a wish of mine for a long time. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I would like more realistic interactions and funny moments for storytelling, even if its just small details. I wrote about a few of these in different posts.

- Juicers/Blenders to use up some of the fruits/vegetables we obtain. Could make smoothies, milkshakes, etc.
    - Being able to interact more with newborn babies like bathing them in the sink, placing them on strollers to take them around the neighborhood, place them in bouncy chairs to entertain them, have a mat on the floor so they can crawl around. These could apply to toddlers as well.
    - CARS please :smile: , could be like sims 2 where it was just the simple interaction of leaving the driveway, fixing the car, or chat/makeout/woohoo in the car
    - With addition of cars, firefighters, police, taxi/uber, take out food, etc. Restaurants can upgrade by paying extra fee to offer delivery to homes.
    - Drive Thrus or Drive-in movie theatres for dates
    - Food fight when sims are in a playful mood (couples could bake together and have a food fight, parents could join in or yell at their children and tell them to clean up the mess and go shower, siblings can throw it at each other if they are mad at them or in a playful mood)
    - More romantic interactions, like walking while holding hands, snuggling together in bed, staring at each others eyes with arms wrapped around each other
    - Taking sips out of milkshakes together, feeding each other food (I don't think that's an option yet)
    - Proposing at dinner table
    - Honeymoons where you would see your sim drive off in a limo and go to the vacation spot that they booked (hopefully we would have better vacation spots by then)
    - Slow Dancing and more partner dancing, like how people dance together at clubs, etc
    - Dancing on counters (like in sims 3)
    - Blankets that can be used when a sim has a cold or is cold, covering someone who fell asleep on the couch, kids running around with it like a cape, snuggling by the fireplace or watching tv
    - Dating apps, so having turn ons/turn offs, having sims recognize when their personalities clash, zodiac signs, etc.
    - Witches (Good and Evil), Wizards, Magic, Fairies, Mermaids/Sirens, Supernatural modifications (telepathy, conjuring, shapeshifting, etc)
    - Gypsies with spiritual crystals that influence certain moods, palm reading, fortune telling (psychics), tarot cards, zodiac signs.
    - Hippie trait with camper cars, new outfits, freegan, flower/feather braids for hairstyles, old music station, tapestry for walls, etc.
    - If a sim is feeling uncomfortable during a date, they can call someone they trust to pick them up or call an uber to go home (I guess call it Llama service) (This could be mostly for teens or for all ages)
    - New sitting poses, like crossing legs, putting feet up, or crisscross style on the couch or bed. (Depends on their walking style or age)
    - Laying down on the bed to watch tv, read a book, or just chat with significant other instead of just sitting on the side of it. (refer to sims 2)
    - New interactive careers, like acting, bands, acrobats, modeling, director, news anchors "reporting live" weather events or protests, etc.
    - New jobs (maybe not interactive) - lawyer, psychologist/therapist, architecture, director/editor, teacher, dancer, fashion designer)
    - Interactive jobs for teens or allowances that parents give teens when they stay home taking care of siblings while they are gone
    - Gigs for dancer, musicians, bands, and models if they get included in the game. They could rent a venue for the night.
    - University/School system (with teachers/lecturer career, interactive classes, campus, etc.)
    - New Hobbies (sewing, sketching, pottery, crafting, new sports, bands - drums, bass, keyboard, etc)
    - Laptops and sketchbooks that they can carry around to work/play or draw anywhere
    - Small classes to improve their skills (like the rabbit holes from sims 3)
    - Face masks that you don't have to be in a bath tub for (for sleepovers or just stress relievers for sims)
    - School Buses that pick up our children + teens for school
    - Layering option in CAS, like layering a sweater/cardigan over another outfit or putting on a purse or backpack
    - Different slang and gestures for people living in cities and towns

So... That is all I can think of at the moment lol
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    I would like more realistic interactions and funny moments for storytelling, even if its just small details. I wrote about a few of these in different posts.

- Juicers/Blenders to use up some of the fruits/vegetables we obtain. Could make smoothies, milkshakes, etc.
    - Being able to interact more with newborn babies like bathing them in the sink, placing them on strollers to take them around the neighborhood, place them in bouncy chairs to entertain them, have a mat on the floor so they can crawl around. These could apply to toddlers as well.
    - CARS please :smile: , could be like sims 2 where it was just the simple interaction of leaving the driveway, fixing the car, or chat/makeout/woohoo in the car
    - With addition of cars, firefighters, police, taxi/uber, take out food, etc. Restaurants can upgrade by paying extra fee to offer delivery to homes.
    - Food fight when sims are in a playful mood (couples could bake together and have a food fight, parents could join in or yell at their children and tell them to clean up the mess and go shower, siblings can throw it at each other if they are mad at them or in a playful mood)
    - More romantic interactions, like walking while holding hands, snuggling together in bed, staring at each others eyes with arms wrapped around each other
    - Taking sips out of milkshakes together, feeding each other food (I don't think that's an option yet)
    - Honeymoons where you would see your sim drive off in a limo and go to the vacation spot that they booked (hopefully we would have better vacation spots by then)
    - Slow Dancing and more partner dancing, like how people dance together at clubs, etc
    - Blankets that can be used when a sim has a cold or is cold, covering someone who fell asleep on the couch, kids running around with it like a cape, snuggling by the fireplace or watching tv
    - Dating apps, so having turn ons/turn offs, having sims recognize when their personalities clash, zodiac signs, etc.
    - Witches (Good and Evil), Wizards, Magic, Fairies, Mermaids/Sirens, Supernatural modifications (telepathy, conjuring, shapeshifting, etc)
    - Gypsies with spiritual crystals that influence certain moods, palm reading, fortune telling (psychics), tarot cards, zodiac signs.
    - Hippie trait with camper cars, new outfits, freegan, flower/feather braids for hairstyles, old music station, tapestry for walls, etc.
    - If a sim is feeling uncomfortable during a date, they can call someone they trust to pick them up or call an uber to go home (I guess call it Llama service) (This could be mostly for teens or for all ages)
    - New sitting poses, like crossing legs, putting feet up, or crisscross style on the couch or bed. (Depends on their walking style or age)
    - Laying down on the bed to watch tv, read a book, or just chat with significant other instead of just sitting on the side of it. (refer to sims 2)
    - New interactive careers, like acting, bands, acrobats, modeling, director, news anchors "reporting live" weather events or protests, etc.
    - New jobs (maybe not interactive) - lawyer, psychologist/therapist, architecture, director/editor, teacher, dancer, fashion designer)
    - Interactive jobs for teens or allowances that parents give teens when they stay home taking care of siblings while they are gone
    - Gigs for dancer, musicians, bands, and models if they get included in the game. They could rent a venue for the night.
    - University/School system (with teachers/lecturer career, interactive classes, campus, etc.)
    - New Hobbies (sewing, sketching, pottery, crafting, new sports, bands - drums, bass, keyboard, etc)
    - Laptops and sketchbooks that they can carry around to work/play or draw anywhere
    - Face masks that you don't have to be in a bath tub for (for sleepovers or just stress relievers for sims)
    - Layering option in CAS, like layering a sweater/cardigan over another outfit or putting on a purse or backpack

All of this is what Sims 4 needs to make it better, plus open world like in Sims 3, I 100% agree with everything you put into this list of things that need to be put into Sims 4.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    Not sure if I can post here but I think we should have santa that visits on Christmas.
    oasis10 wrote: »
    Not sure if I can post here but I think we should have santa that visits on Christmas.

That is actually a very good idea :) I hope they actually do that on Christmas Day.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited December 2017
    When I click on a action to be cancelled the Sim should STOP and not try to carry it out. This has been a problem since day one-day one! Please fix this. 'Smarter Sims' should know when to stop if I say stop. Thank you.

Example: Sim goes to fridge to waste money to make food even though his hunger bar is still near full and barely dropped. If I click cancel (and unless I'm FAR from the fridge) the Sim will still walk up to the fridge, grab food, waste money, and then drop it on the floor. :|
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    aws200 wrote: »
    When I click on a action to be cancelled the Sim should STOP and not try to carry it out. This has been a problem since day one-day one! Please fix this. 'Smarter Sims' should know when to stop if I say stop. Thank you.

Example: Sim goes to fridge to waste money to make food even though his hunger bar is still near full and barely dropped. If I click cancel (and unless I'm FAR from the fridge) the Sim will still walk up to the fridge, grab food, waste money, and then drop it on the floor. :|

I seem to have the same issue, if these Sims are Smarter Sims Then I'm a hairless cat with super intelligence, and we all know that isn't true at all. Sims 4 is fun and all, but it feels like a let down, yet I still give it a chance, there are a few things I enjoy in the game. Anyway, when I press cancel, Sims need to instantly STOP the action the moment its cancelled and not continue even if I cancelled already, this fix seems to be so simple, yet it hasn't been fixed yet. :/
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2017
    I would love to have something that is simple, but adds detail and personality to the Sims:

Please allow Sims to sit on the floor to read, watch television, play video games. Also, allow them to lay down on the floor for naps, reading or watching television on their bellies. Sitting on the floor in different relaxed positions in order to hold conversations would be very nice also. For example, one Sim can be sitting on the floor while carrying on a conversation with someone who is sitting on the sofa.

I also wish that Sims could sit on counters and perch on the edge of tables/islands.

I guess that I simply would prefer interactions that are more Eastenders and less American soap opera let's-just-stand-in-the-middle-of-the-room-to-talk type of interactions.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Sidneyw75Sidneyw75 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is there a reason the sims can not be realistic and not so cartoony? Please tell me why. It’s my biggest dream that the Sims 5 will be realistic
    Sidneyw75 wrote: »
    Is there a reason the sims can not be realistic and not so cartoony? Please tell me why. It’s my biggest dream that the Sims 5 will be realistic

Sid I really agree with what you've said, yeah the cartoony look of Sims 4 is fun for some, but some also like things to be a little more realistic, so I am hoping Sims 5 if its being made, to be better in graphics, story and gameplay, there is a ton of stuff missing from Sims 4 and the stuff packs are nothing more but a chain of keys being rattled in our faces to distract us from how meh Sims 4 really is, the game packs and expansions are the only things that seem to improve the game. I really hope they make some improvements in Sims 5 when or if it comes out.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @Catherine_Hop said:
    > Hi, I don't post often and I don't know if this has been suggested before.
    >
    > I would like to see some things "fixed" (or adjusted) before adding more packs to the game.
    >
    > 1) When using the "get to know" interaction, the sim you are getting to know should be able to tell you who their relatives are. I don't like having a really high relationship with a sim and not know their family relationships, this makes moving in complicated. It also forces me to switch households and play their family in order to truly know them.
    > 2) Sims should be able to make up a bed on the couch to sleep. In real life, when I have people stay over, I often put pillows and a blanket on the couch for them. Why can't we have the same thing happen in the Sims? The animation for this doesn't have to be complicated either. It can just involve the sim "laying out" the extra pillow and blanket. Maybe make it possible for sims to sleep on three-seater couches so that they can lie flat, the way they do on beds.
    > 3) Cats and toilet rolls. There was a missed opportunity with the Cats and Dogs pack. Cats should have had the ability to unravel the toilet roll and cause a mess. Please add this in a patch!
    > 4) Dogs should be able to chew the shoe rack. At the moment the shoe rack is an inanimate decorative object. In real life, dogs chew shoes (the destructive dogs chew shoes), maybe sims dogs should do this too.
    > 5) Cats and dogs should be able to scare off the monster under the children's bed. Because... why not? :smile:
    > 6) There are some decorative objects that should function as pathways to CAS the same way as dressers and mirrors. They are: the clothes rack, and the hanging clothes wall feature (what do you call it? It's like a rack of clothes with a shelf on top that you can place on walls... there is also one that is just a hat and a coat). Some of the decorative "cosmetic" items, like the bottles that you can place on top of dressers, should also take you to CAS (at least the part of CAS that lets you change a sim's makeup.)
    > 7) Some of the clutter objects, like the pile of clothes and the kid's floor clutter, should make a sim feel like the room is messy.
    >
    > That's the end of my suggestions for now. I would love to see these things added in a patch. Thanks!
    >
    >

hey, it's good idea...agree :)
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @Cynna said:
    > I would love to have something that is simple, but adds detail and personality to the Sims:
    >
    > Please allow Sims to sit on the floor to read, watch television, play video games. Also, allow them to lay down on the floor for naps, reading or watching television on their bellies. Sitting on the floor in different relaxed positions in order to hold conversations would be very nice also. For example, one Sim can be sitting on the floor while carrying on a conversation with someone who is sitting on the sofa.
    >
    > I also wish that Sims could sit on counters and perch on the edge of tables/islands.
    >
    > I guess that I simply would prefer interactions that are more Eastenders and less American soap opera let's-just-stand-in-the-middle-of-the-room-to-talk type of interactions.

Amen! :)
  • BeckieW1504BeckieW1504 Posts: 1 New Member
    [b]City Living[/b]
    We need to be able to build apartment buildings and in other worlds.
    [b]Pregnancy[/b]
    Alerts for multiple births
    Check ups
    Scans
    More interactions with babies OUT of bassinet
    [b]Hospital[/b]
    Interactions with hospital (illness, pregnancy, TERMINAL ILLNESS, diseases)
    Terminal illnesses

Homelessness
    One night stands
    Terminal illnesses
    Background stories
    Depression
    Carpools
    PUSHCHAIRS
    Buses
    Cars
    Town centre
    TEACHING CAREER
    MUSICIANS
    Piercings (navel, multiple earrings)
    Spiral staircases, variety of stair shapes
    Age progression of body types and emotions
    Messy rooms for children and teens
    Usable curtains
    Usable blinds
    Radiators (cold and hot emotions)
    Seasons
    University (graduation and degrees)
    Alarm clocks
    Landlines, home phones
    ATMs
    Piggy Banks
    Chores and pocket money
    Teen pregnancy
    Different levels of floor
    More makeup
    Terraced housing
    Neighborhoods within worlds
    Communities
    Jackets and coats
    Salons (nails, hair, spraytans)
    More holidays/ vacations (beaches)
    Interactions with teachers
    Free Online live sim worlds
    Spray tan machines
    Werewolfs, fairies
    Larger worlds
    Ability to move lots around world
    Family activities (theme parks)
    Map of all worlds
    See sims in space (via rocket)
    Slumber parties
    Sweet 16
    Learn to drive
    Homeschooling
    Treehouses
    Bunk beds
    Imaginary teddy friends (sims 3)
    Robbers and police (burglar alarms)
    Newspapers
    Outdoor activities and exercise
    Fast food, drive through and take away
    Dentist career
    Bullies, friendship stages in school
    Small pets
    Fame and celebrity
    More options (from parenthood) affect other sims
  • VINTAVAVINTAVA Posts: 22 Member
    What would be really cool is a military career like the one in The Sims 3 where your Sim can become an astronaut and go to space. But it could be like GTW and you could visit space with your Sim!!!

And also cars. I'd like to see cars, but if not in The Sims 4, cars would work well in The Sims 5, if it is an open world.
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    2vmsvtd.jpg
    First of all this
    VINTAVA wrote: »
    What would be really cool is a military career like the one in The Sims 3 where your Sim can become an astronaut and go to space. But it could be like GTW and you could visit space with your Sim!!!

And also cars. I'd like to see cars, but if not in The Sims 4, cars would work well in The Sims 5, if it is an open world.

With any luck, Sims 5 will be better than Sims 4 and will be open world, I prefer the open world thing than what Sims 4 has going on, kinda why I returned to Sims 3, but I will still play Sims 4 :P
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • ayahs93ayahs93 Posts: 3 New Member
    **Open World - I don't want to be faced with a loading screen every time I want to go to a new place** This is the main priority for me
    - CAS: Bring back the colour wheel and the pattern changer to customise clothing
    - Add a Seasons expansion pack similar to TS3
    - Add 'get to know everyone' or 'make me know more people' cheat feature on the mailbox - it's hard to set up a toddler playdate when you don't know any other toddlers
    - Cars
    - Family diary/story progression
    - Family Trees

Incorporate the popular elements from the other Sims games
    *Also, this isn't part of Sims 4 but it would be great if Maxis could revive Sims Urbz and make it playable on a pc - I haven't played it in about 8 years but I always liked it
  • ayahs93ayahs93 Posts: 3 New Member
    - CAS: More complex traits (and the ability to have more than 3), astrology and favourites
    - Attraction System
    - Celebrity System
    ayahs93 wrote: »
    - CAS: More complex traits (and the ability to have more than 3), astrology and favourites
    - Attraction System
    - Celebrity System

An attraction system and Celebrity system would be awesome :)
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • kaiserdokaiserdo Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be super neat if the household inventory contained folders (appliances, skills/hobby, rewards, etc)
    kaiserdo wrote: »
    I think it would be super neat if the household inventory contained folders (appliances, skills/hobby, rewards, etc)

That would be awesome to see.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • Lochar67Lochar67 Posts: 69 Member
    A.I - I would think that would have improved in the last 15+ yrs the first Game came out, yet if I am not controlling them they are dumb as a box of rocks.

If we cant get better AI then at least allow me to train my sims. I want my sim to do gardening, I do this manually for a few days and after awhile he will do this on his own. I want a nightcap before bed, I fix a drink for awhile and goto sleep and now he will try to do this automatically. Routines/habits. I swore the earlier version had something like this but maybe thinking of another game. But cleaning after eating and they do it automatically unless they have some anti cleaning trait.

Storage - 4 versions of this game and I still have yet to see other than shelves a way to unclutter inventory or even manage it easier.

Create a style - we are back to sims 2 lots practically so why is this a major limitation? and if worried, then put a cap on it so only so many choices can be made like the current color options we have. Yes it bogged my game down at times in 3 when tried to use it, but I still used it because I loved this feature, there has to be ways to implement it and keeping it less of a memory hog

Become a life simulator - right now this game still feels like a scripted set piece. I will set 1 household up with jobs, and play another yet the same household I just played magically is popping up on a lot during their normal work schedule. They become homeless/jobless random sims soon as I leave control, and its annoying. If I go thru the entire household family and assigned a job from 9a-5p and played someone I don't want them always available in another lot I want them to be working to fuel my immersive town. I want my police officers wandering the lots. I want to see teens and toddlers only when school is over, not some code that seems to say , hey this is an empty lot, start pulling random sims from households to fill it. At bars, would like to see offwork employee's coming in to wind down.

Sims evolution, I would really love to see it. I am not sure if its EA wanting to squeeze as much as they can with as limited resources or design decisions to make things pretty and simple,

I would also say cars, but the way they designed the game, would be back to Sims 1 where you just get in and backup and disappear, but at least could make garages again. I also missed them as rewards for careers.
  • MariqueenMariqueen Posts: 24 Member
    > @NikolaiBanks said:
    > oasis10 wrote: »
    >
    > Not sure if I can post here but I think we should have santa that visits on Christmas.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is actually a very good idea :) I hope they actually do that on Christmas Day.

No, they should keep the game as non denominational as possible
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »

feeding each other food -zhat is option with dine out