Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2018 (Out Now New skintones,new female hair and shirt)

Comments

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    This thread shouldn't even exist yet. It had me thinking the Jan patch was already released and I missed something.

Same.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    But the Jan patch should be released later today, since Laundry is coming out on Tuesday.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cocoapugs wrote: »
    Speaking of patches, when do they normally come out? Is it on a specific day of the week? Do you think the Jan patch will come this week? I don’t remember waiting longer than a week or so for a patch to come out.

No I don't think we'll see the patch this week because their waiting till 1 week before Laundry Stuff to release it and there has been no trailer or anything.

How can you be sure Laundry stuff is coming out this month? It could be February.

I was right. It's been announced and coming Next Tuesday the 16th. TheSims just announced on Twitter.

So I see, not that I’m bothered about laundry. Why are you so sure the base game is getting a huge update? That I’m curious about.

Cause it's got one for the past 2 years in a row and Grant talked like there will be another one coming this year that is free.

I like facts. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Speaking of patches, when do they normally come out? Is it on a specific day of the week? Do you think the Jan patch will come this week? I don’t remember waiting longer than a week or so for a patch to come out.

No I don't think we'll see the patch this week because their waiting till 1 week before Laundry Stuff to release it and there has been no trailer or anything.

How can you be sure Laundry stuff is coming out this month? It could be February.

I was right. It's been announced and coming Next Tuesday the 16th. TheSims just announced on Twitter.

The toddlers playing with the wash basin is a nice touch. :) Now if only pets could interact with the laundry stuff too, like dogs playing with the basin, but I doubt it.

Or your dog pulling down your laundry from the line.

Yeah! They're quite the troublemaker. :D
    The gender patch came out in June 2016, not January, so this is not exactly an annual event.

I like free stuff as much as the next person, and if you look back, they've patched in practically an EP's worth of free content over the years. But in my experience playing online games or games with an online update system, a patch is meant to fix bugs and tune the game. I don't get where the expectation comes from that major new content is going to be added for free with every, or in fact any, patch. People seem to build that expectation up and then many express disappointment when it doesn't happen.

We are not owed free content.

Well, we only got an EP's worth of content because the base game was lacking in the first place. I'd say most of the stuff included should've been there from the start. Kudos to them for at least trying to get the base game to an acceptable state instead of abandoning it, but I'd say that should've been expected of them. So it's not like the updates are a bonus, except maybe for the gender patch. :p

This is true. A lot of that stuff is really basic. Like toddlers. I love how they're implemented but I will never for the life of me understand why they weren't included from the start.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Well the February patch better be good now that the January one turned out to be so weak.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I'd like them to add more cultural things like the Day of the dead stuff and the Diwali pack. I guess the christmas stuff can be considered lightly cultural perhaps since the Australian sims players etc were quite happy to see summery christmas things as that's the way they celebrate christmas (In summer) so I'm really hoping for that tbh not sure what culture I would want to see stuff from and what type of content but I'm happy with almost anything I guess.

A lot of people have mentioned there's a seperate team working on free stuff? not sure if that's true or not and if so how many people it consists off but I'm really curious what they're working on atm if said team is actually a thing.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    I'd like them to add more cultural things like the Day of the dead stuff and the Diwali pack. I guess the christmas stuff can be considered lightly cultural perhaps since the Australian sims players etc were quite happy to see summery christmas things as that's the way they celebrate christmas (In summer) so I'm really hoping for that tbh not sure what culture I would want to see stuff from and what type of content but I'm happy with almost anything I guess.

A lot of people have mentioned there's a seperate team working on free stuff? not sure if that's true or not and if so how many people it consists off but I'm really curious what they're working on atm if said team is actually a thing.

There is a team that works on free items I believe. I'm not sure how many are on said team. They wouldn't be allowed to reveal what they are working on anyway as they can't talk about future content.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Hmm. Yeah I get that they're not allowed to talk about it. But I do wonder how many people are part of that team then, and am just overal curious what they're working on, I mean who doesnt love free stuff x'D even if it's weird sand ''snow'' man ghehe.

Would love for that team to give us spiral and L shaped staircases but as they come with animations I more expect those to be part of a pack.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping for some Valentine's Freebies in the February Patch

Lip Sofas

Heart Shaped Fireplace

New Sleepwear Options

A VDay themed sparkely red dress for female sims

Décor champagne bottles for placing on tables,fireplaces and hottubs.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Lip Sofas

Heart Shaped Fireplace

New Sleepwear Options

don't forget candy @catloverplayer
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    We'readly only getting 1 GP this quarter so where that romance themed coming from ?

I'm not sure how usable cars will work with current game engine, also there was a survey for Cars GP so I don't think they'll patch that for free
    But I'm expecting something big, but not as big as toddlers, some valentine day items is expected also..

Romance Themed could be added for free like toddlers

But you have already seen the quartely teaser, and if you are getting any free content like that they have to be in the teaser, remember? Only paid content can be left out of the teasers.

I think you got it the other way around, because toddlers weren't in last year's teaser, even if it was released a week before the toddler patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfScmaHqStE

True, but I'm just going by what SimGuruGraham said about patched content having to be in the quarterly teasers. And paid content can be added any time they want to talk about it if they are ready.

I thought it was that if they discuss free content it has to be released that quarter -- they never mentoned the toddler patch until it was released. They could still be working on something for February but it's not far enough along to discuss.

My thoughts for February is that we'll have some sort of challenge/boost week since we haven't had one in a while. Maybe a Romance theme to tie in with Valentine's Day. And a lot more bug fixes since we didn't have that many this month. Probably the "adventure" GP will be in early to mid March then; early March would be great since my birthday is the 4th. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

The toddlers playing with the wash basin is a nice touch. :) Now if only pets could interact with the laundry stuff too, like dogs playing with the basin, but I doubt it.

Or your dog pulling down your laundry from the line.

Yeah! They're quite the troublemaker. :D
    The gender patch came out in June 2016, not January, so this is not exactly an annual event.

I like free stuff as much as the next person, and if you look back, they've patched in practically an EP's worth of free content over the years. But in my experience playing online games or games with an online update system, a patch is meant to fix bugs and tune the game. I don't get where the expectation comes from that major new content is going to be added for free with every, or in fact any, patch. People seem to build that expectation up and then many express disappointment when it doesn't happen.

We are not owed free content.

Well, we only got an EP's worth of content because the base game was lacking in the first place. I'd say most of the stuff included should've been there from the start. Kudos to them for at least trying to get the base game to an acceptable state instead of abandoning it, but I'd say that should've been expected of them. So it's not like the updates are a bonus, except maybe for the gender patch. :p

The gender patch was pretty huge -- and garnered EA/Maxis a ton of good press and some awards for equality. Might have even attracted a few more players; I've noticed some of my favorite Twitch streamers have added Sims 4 to their gaming schedules. As for the toddler patch, considering there were people who expected EA to make us pay for them in a pack, getting them for free was a Pretty Big Deal.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited January 2018
    Honestly, I was in the "they're never coming back" camp, and I'm glad I was wrong. :D

It's great that they did come back for free and well-done (I would've been fine with recycled TS2/3 tots), but I think releasing them as paid content would've caused a riot, so they had no choice.

And yeah, the gender patch is huge, and the only real bonus IMO. Like I said, mostly everything like pools, genealogy, ghosts, toddlers, and service NPCs should've been there from the beginning.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    graventhe wrote: »
    We'readly only getting 1 GP this quarter so where that romance themed coming from ?

I'm not sure how usable cars will work with current game engine, also there was a survey for Cars GP so I don't think they'll patch that for free
    But I'm expecting something big, but not as big as toddlers, some valentine day items is expected also..

Romance Themed could be added for free like toddlers

But you have already seen the quartely teaser, and if you are getting any free content like that they have to be in the teaser, remember? Only paid content can be left out of the teasers.

I think you got it the other way around, because toddlers weren't in last year's teaser, even if it was released a week before the toddler patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfScmaHqStE

True, but I'm just going by what SimGuruGraham said about patched content having to be in the quarterly teasers. And paid content can be added any time they want to talk about it if they are ready.

I thought it was that if they discuss free content it has to be released that quarter -- they never mentoned the toddler patch until it was released. They could still be working on something for February but it's not far enough along to discuss.

My thoughts for February is that we'll have some sort of challenge/boost week since we haven't had one in a while. Maybe a Romance theme to tie in with Valentine's Day. And a lot more bug fixes since we didn't have that many this month. Probably the "adventure" GP will be in early to mid March then; early March would be great since my birthday is the 4th. B)

I really hope there won't be a challenge boost week as I'd rather have free v day stuff and I hope we don't have to wait till March for the GP. If so that will mean another month of speculating on what the GP might be.
  • CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    Hoping for cars (not likely since they’ll probably make a pack out of them)

Hoping for NPC’s
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Lip Sofas

Heart Shaped Fireplace

New Sleepwear Options

What and male sims can't get a nice smoking suit? Kind of sexist.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Honestly, I was in the "they're never coming back" camp, and I'm glad I was wrong. :D

It's great that they did come back for free and well-done (I would've been fine with recycled TS2/3 tots), but I think releasing them as paid content would've caused a riot, so they had no choice.

And yeah, the gender patch is huge, and the only real bonus IMO. Like I said, mostly everything like pools, genealogy, ghosts, toddlers, and service NPCs should've been there from the beginning.

I was in the "if they're coming they'll be patched in for everyone" camp because trying to program aging up for occults would have been a nightmare if some had toddlers and some didn't, which may be why we got the toddler patch right before the Vampire GP release.

• AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Lip Sofas

Heart Shaped Fireplace

New Sleepwear Options

I highly doubt that was their intention at all.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Lip Sofas

Heart Shaped Fireplace

New Sleepwear Options

Sorry I forgot about this. Yes some sexy undies for males and one of those house coats from Master Suites for males.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,229 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm guessing bug fixes, don't get your hopes up for anything else.
    Hmmm... GP06 patch with a few of 18th anniversary content.

Last year we got the Toddler Update with the Vampires Prepatch.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Is this confirmed or something?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Is this confirmed or something?

Nope, just speculation.

Honestly, it could be anything. The toddlers patch was probably a one-off thing. I'm sure we'll still get new features patched in, but nothing quite as big, and not on a regular schedule.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Hmmm... GP06 patch with a few of 18th anniversary content.

Last year we got the Toddler Update with the Vampires Prepatch.

The toddler patch was nothing to do with vampires. Toddlers came out weeks before vampires. I know you are so certain we have something major coming for free but I really doubt it.