Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the saddest movie you've watched?

Comments

• kirumagukirumagu Posts: 49 Member
    Hachiko~i have soft spot for animals.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    First one I thought of is Third Star, with Benedict Cumberbatch. Oh, I cried! :'(
    giphy.gif

• SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Frozen and Inside out even though I really love these movies!!!!!!
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    UnrealRoot wrote: »
    This is a super popular movie.. Titanic. Spoilers ahead for James Cameron's movie called Titanic released in 1997 It isn't only about Rose and Jack for me but also about the staff of the ship and the passengers. The sight of them dying is always so painful, Andrews stands out to me the most, he was such a kind person. Of course Jack's death is also horrible.

Same here. I love Titanic but it's so hard watching those poor people suffer and die like that, and then you see their frozen bodies in the water. What makes it worse is that it really did happen.
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    A film I watched not long ago called In This Corner Of The World. The first half was a little slow, but then suddenly a lot of things happen. The saddest part for me (spoiler alert) was when the main character and the little girl she's with go out, and a time-delay bomb blows up very close to them. The little girl dies, and the main character loses her right arm, and it's terribly sad because she's an artist as well. That scene got me close to tears.
  • Benna_booBenna_boo Posts: 16 New Member
    The Fault in Our Stars always gets me. Watched it once and that was enough; good movie but too sad to watch more than once!
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Titanic
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Just watched The Book Thief, I've seen it before and it gave my tear ducts a total work out. Forgot how sad it was.

Agree. Watched it when I was 11 or 12.
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The Color Purple
  • OminousFlareOminousFlare Posts: 2,118 Member
    I tried to look up a list of the most depressing movies ever to work my memory, but none of those I've seen could match "The Grave of the Fireflies", still possibly the most saddest movie ever I watched. Requiem for a Dream? The Machinist? Maybe The Fly remake? Nope. Grave of the Fireflies showed you outright what's gonna happen at the end, and slowly tortures you with that thought in your head as you spiral down the once happy lives of these two kids. Enjoy.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Does "My life" count? xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    The Day After.

Okay, this might be from the past but I would say this definitely counts as a sad movie. I have yet to watch this one right to the end but I would say 'Threads' is right up there as well. Well, not so much sad as bleak.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • MumuDesuyoMumuDesuyo Posts: 36 Member
    The movie that is my life

Ok but seriously though, I dont know - I cry easily so I wouldn't know which one to pick tbh
    Maybe not movies but anime series like One Piece really has had me in tears many times or Bleach for that matter
    The feels are too real
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    The grave of fireflies.
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    The Day After.

I was going to mention this one. Now, I never actually watch it until the end but when I was like 8 I saw about 5-10 minutes of it and was scared for days(months...year). It's quite sad anyway.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 because of Gwen's death ):

I've actually never watched the movie passed that part.
    3ZWheQM.gif

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
    Click (an Adam Sandler movie) becomes quite moving around the mid-end.
    3ZWheQM.gif

• pastelcarlypastelcarly Posts: 14 New Member
    A documentary on Netflix called Bridegroom. It's heartbreaking, but a great film.
  • CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
    Any of these:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    East of Eden
    Marley & Me
  • RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    Life Is Beautiful. The thing is the very beginning it's not sad but as it goes on and especially that ending. I remember we had to watch it once in Italian and I thought I wouldn't be crying in class but it's just too sad to not.
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Schlinders List OR The Boy in Striped Pjamas
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • RoseMilkRoseMilk Posts: 13 New Member
    Spirited Away
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    Schlinders List OR The Boy in Striped Pjamas

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas was a killer!
    The Theory Of Everything had me crying from the first 10 minutes through to the very end. RIP Stephen Hawking.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • DubstequtieDubstequtie Posts: 45 Member
    Titanic always makes me cry. No matter what, the scene were the old couple are laying in bed holding one another as the ship sinks.. I start balling.... ;n;
    x1lsac.jpg
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Schlinder's List - the moment you attach yourself to the red coat (no spoilers) and with the end result - weeping
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman