Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @Karilan as you can tell I'm 100% breaking the rules of my legacy-by having my heiresses be on other lots for story purposes.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @LegacySims2017 I'm trying to like your latest chapter, but for some reason my computer's not allowing me! :'( It's probably the connection again. In the meantime, pretend Cog's liked your latest post! So annoying when this happens! :D

It's a bittersweet chapter. I put it in the description of the chapter synopsis when I post...but Junior moves out. And there's one image that captivates that. Not sure if you got that far yet. I really enjoy writing this more and more with comments like yours, @friendsfan367 's, those who comment on my Legacy thread here, and the chapter comments on my site.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited January 2018
    @LegacySims2017 I'm trying to like your latest chapter, but for some reason my computer's not allowing me! :'( It's probably the connection again. In the meantime, pretend Cog's liked your latest post! So annoying when this happens! :D

It's a bittersweet chapter. I put it in the description of the chapter synopsis when I post...but Junior moves out. And there's one image that captivates that. Not sure if you got that far yet. I really enjoy writing this more and more with comments like yours, @friendsfan367 's, those who comment on my Legacy thread here, and the chapter comments on my site.

@LegacySims2017 Yes I've read that chapter and I agree, it's sad but it's sweet. Melancholy, my favourite. :) I'm up to date, just struggling with the computer, because when I click the 'like' button, a big white box appears and the computer hasn't registered my like. :D
    In fact, has any of my 'likes' come through on your site? I even commented on it once or twice as well, but not sure if they came through either. I don't know what is wrong with my computer, but I think I'm just going to comment on your thread from now on, since I can guarantee my comments will appear there. :D
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

I haven't read the chapter yet, but I misunderstood your comment to mean you were bothered by the chapter but trying to convince yourself to like it...not that the like button itself wasn't working!

The misunderstanding made me heart race regarding what the chapter could be about! :sweat_smile:
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    well no update yet. lauren and noel got naked in there new house twice though.

i got to get myself cleaned up for tomorrow then i'm trying again.
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

I haven't read the chapter yet, but I misunderstood your comment to mean you were bothered by the chapter but trying to convince yourself to like it...not that the like button itself wasn't working!

The misunderstanding made me heart race regarding what the chapter could be about! :sweat_smile:

@Karilan :D Sorry about that! I don't think I was clear at all in that first comment. :D Sorry @LegacySims2017 if you thought that too! I always love these chapters! How can you not like them? It's a bit of plum that my comments and likes haven't come through! :D It's weird because I can 'like' and 'comment' on other people's Wordpresses. Oh well, computers are strange mysterious things and illogical at times. :D
  • Options

@friendsfan367 What? They're still doing that? Are clothes still an option for them? :D
  • Options

@Karilan :D Sorry about that! I don't think I was clear at all in that first comment. :D Sorry @LegacySims2017 if you thought that too! I always love these chapters! How can you not like them? It's a bit of plum that my comments and likes haven't come through! :D It's weird because I can 'like' and 'comment' on other people's Wordpresses. Oh well, computers are strange mysterious things and illogical at times. :D

i like the new chapters but as legacy knows i love the beging chapters the most because i relate to forgetting to "go" especiallly when i have somewhere to be.

sorry sis. i know you hate when i talk like that. <3
  • Options
    @friendsfan367
    I'm trying to pull a chapter out soon. Real world stuff away from the game and internet keep distracting me. You may have to wait until right before or after your appt to read it. Not sure if you'll still be up.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

Yeah ya did. You even commented....waiting to read about their date night. :grin:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

Yeah ya did. You even commented....waiting to read about their date night. :grin:

Oh fluff nuggets, I thought @simscognito was referring to a new chapter! I even ran over there to check and came back to this lol.

Fine. I'll just sit here waiting patiently for a new chapter. This is why I'm bad at being caught up on a story, I'm a glutton for more simlit!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    @friendsfan367
    I'm trying to pull a chapter out soon. Real world stuff away from the game and internet keep distracting me. You may have to wait until right before or after your appt to read it. Not sure if you'll still be up.

i might be. real world stuff keeps getting my writing time too.
  • Options

@friendsfan367 What? They're still doing that? Are clothes still an option for them? :D

aydens worse later .
  • Options

Haha, sorry guys, me and my computer are confusing everyone tonight! :D
  • Options

i still don't know what fluff nuggets are.
  • Options
    or yorkshire tea. you never answered me,
  • Options
    @Karilan
    Date night is almost over. And it's real late game time. Which means they'll go to bed close to after going home from their date. Which ends the chapter. Which means something to post for readers. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    or yorkshire tea. you never answered me,

I know, I'm so evil @friendsfan367 ! What if I told you that Yorkshire tea doesn't come from Yorkshire? :D
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Sean's birthday surprise. Reo is headed for bad times :[
    01-07-18_12-b55-26AM_zpso9m6ngcd.png

Two updates in a week?! I think thats a new record for me lol. Btw I feel like I missed the whole holiday story time, but my next chapter will be a thanksgiving one.....so about three months late :P (although it really doesn't matter since my story is set in 2015 anyway...)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options

It’s something I came up with while hyped up on cold meds and tired! :p
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

It’s something I came up with while hyped up on cold meds and tired! :p

@Karilan Really?? It's a great saying! I'm going to use it! :D
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I don't know if people are still answering this question anymore, but I'm going to do so because I like it so much.
    MadameLee wrote: »

Question Do you guys gets inspired to included or reference songs/books/movies that you listened to/read/watched in your SimLit?

Oh yes - my Alien Adoption Challenge is heavily influenced by punk music (which means I've been listening to a lot of different songs, and a lot of those show up in lyrics or even in some of the storylines). One of the chapters I wrote was also heavily inspired by a short story called "Concerning the Bodyguard." And in fact, I was inspired to start writing the story after rewatching one of my favorite TV shows (though that's a secret, for now), and Wendy was named after Wendy O Williams (and also Wendy O Koopa from Mario, which is how I first learned about Wendy O Williams)

As for my legacy challenge, there have been a couple of references to songs and books, a lot of time in the chapter titles. One of the early chapters was inspired by fairy tales, and I know there are some references to Terry Pratchett coming up (and there might have already been some?). And then also musicals - my 3rd generation (which I'm in the middle of writing right now) is heavily influenced by a few different musiclas. I'm not a huge fan of Seinfeld, but I think there are some chapters that have been inspired by things on that show. And then Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin. I also tend to name the children after something relating to the heir's aspiration, and since Snapdragon's aspiration is master mixologist, his children are all named after alcoholic drinks. There's definitely some Yoko Ono references thrown in (because duh) and there are definitely a few references to House on Mango Street (which I read with my students while writing some early rounds). Also AbFab and Strangers with Candy.

So yes - I definitely take a lot of different ideas and throw them into my stories - some are a lot more obvious than others, and sometimes they're as simple as me making a forgery of the style. I don't know if it makes me a better writer or a worse writer or it doesn't matter, but sometimes it makes the writing more fun (or at least figuring out a name for chapters way more fun).

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 66

Grandpa Joseph ( @LegacySims2017 ) gets to spend quality time with his grandkids. Jubilee and Karlo ( @pronterus ) have a date night.

01-11-18_12-20-48-AM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I just noticed this thread has reached 1M views.

1mViews-1024x40.gif

hey cool. i was the last post.

Woot! :) Yay!

1m.png

Ooh I missed it..but congrats everyone!
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    I know this might be an old topic but I want to chime in on the game tips mentioning the club system. I love the club system for my legacy. I use it in a few ways, to get some gardening help is a big one (my legacy has a hugeee garden with lots of maxed plants so that money isn't an issue). They have a gardener but the garden is so big that sometimes my founder and the gardener can't complete it in one day.

Eventually i will remove most of them except the big sellers but my founder loves to garden so for now she can keep it. Her kids aren't too much into it so I will save them from having to deal with such a big task when it's their time lol. But for now their clubs and their parents clubs chip in.

My biggest use for them in my legacy is for my heir and 2 spares to do their homework and this is important in a legacy, meet potential spouses. My heir is in a club i which i changed the age rules each time she grew. And i added all her male friends to them. I dont have any romantic rules atm but I just allow them to be friends (as well as her sisters) that way they can choose romance on their own from an established group of childhood friends.

Wooo that was a lot sorry!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top