Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ground disappears in chunk when placing lot

Hi there, I'm having a perplexing issue where I can't seem to place lots on the border of a specific chunk.

At first I thought it was that the lots I was placing were crossing a chunk boundary, but fixing that didn't seem to accomplish much, and other lots are crossing chunk boundaries in my world.

a5a73b1f82.jpg

It is confusing, because I can place tiny lots near the boundary, to an extent. As shown here:
1147b0dd87.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2018
    When does it go blue and how many lots do you have in that chunk? Might want to remove some.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/842472/sos-caw-glitching-strips-of-land-turning-blue
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Hello, I read through that thread and I see some similarities to my world.
    Most of the lots are quite closely placed, but none overlap the road that I can see, everything was placed with the grid enabled to make sure it didn't happen.
    But I also have quite a few lots in this chunk, more than I realized just glancing at it.

There are 16 lots in this chunk, 9 that are centralized, and 7 that cross over into another chunk boundary. I'm thinking I probably have too many big lots to add more to this chunk (This problem isn't happening if I add lots to other chunks, and probably why it doesn't cause the ground to glitch when I place lots on the other side of the chunk boundary?), so I'll be more cautious of lot placement, and instead turn that area into another garden display.

Thank you so much ^_^.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast