Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favorite challenges?

2...Next

Comments

• LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    My favorite is the History Challenge, but I also like the 100 babies challenge, the Black Widow, Alien Invasion, the Klepto King, ISBI. The next I'm planning to play is the Asylum challenge.

I also love challenges with buildings people make exclusevely for it, I want to play the Murklands, there's a whole map for this one! Another example is the Island challenge that comes with this insanely huge and beautiful island. I need to try this one, I just get lazy when it requires dices haha
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My favorite is the tiny living challenge. I have tweaked the rules to fit my gameplay, like each floor must just have 25 squares of usable space. My tweaking that much, I have been able to have more than 3 generations live on the lot.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Asylum and a challenge I created "myself". It's a kind of survival challenge.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    @kaylaholiday The Amazon challenge looks amazing! I think this is the challenge that I'm most excited about trying. I'm going to start it today and make my fonder later! Thank you!!

@Livinity The history challenge looks great, I think I might try this one instead of the Decades Challenge! And wow the Island Challenge looks awesome, especially that island that comes with it! When dice are needed I usually use random.org and just set the max to 6 for one die or to 12 for two dice (: It's super helpful for challenge that use dice/random events! Thank you again!

@NorthDakotaGamer The Tiny Living Challenge looks super interesting! I've never played with a space that small before so this would be awesome to try, thank you!

@Busufu The Asylum Challenge definitely looks really cool! Thank you so much!
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Aside from the regular Legacy Challenge , I would say my most favorite is the Alphabet Legacy Challenge. The goal is basically to make 26 Generations with sims all having a different Name from A-Z, (the legacy challenge rules apply to it as well!).

As of this post I am already on Generation 23, so close to finishing my alphabet legacy :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• pageannrosepageannrose Posts: 1 New Member
    I had an idea for a new challenge, but working out the details has definitely been hard. I wanted to do a mixture of the Homeless/Bachelorette Challenge, where 7 Sims live on an empty lot and each have to work and live off the land, ultimately gaining enough money to move out one by one (or if a romance blooms, together).
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    The Drifter challenge was fun as each generation usually has to start with nothing and has certain goals to meet. Normal legacy was the least fun for me and i've never actually completed one. I tend to get bored easily once my sims are at the top and don't have to struggle.
  • kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    Aside from the regular Legacy Challenge , I would say my most favorite is the Alphabet Legacy Challenge. The goal is basically to make 26 Generations with sims all having a different Name from A-Z, (the legacy challenge rules apply to it as well!).

As of this post I am already on Generation 23, so close to finishing my alphabet legacy :D

23 generations is seriously impressive! I have a hard time making it to generation 4!
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    I tend to play a casual version of the Legacy Challenge the most. I've recently started adding in some stuff from the Random Legacy Challenge because I like randomizing generational goals and random fun stuff for my sims to do each generation to keep things interesting for myself.

I really want to do the Drifter Challenge but for whatever reason I've never gotten beyond the first generation of that one and the last time I attempted it was pre-toddlers lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    @ArtsyBanana Wow that's so many generations, I haven't been able to get past 3 yet :D That's so awesome, thank you!

@pageannrose That sounds like it would be super interesting. Please let me know if you create challenge rules or anything like that, I'm sure it would be a great challenge! :)

@Jestina Just looked at the rules for the Drifter Challenge and it looks interesting! I tend to get bored with my legacies when they have tons of money so I totally understand. That's why I really haven't been able to get too many generations deep.

@3KNPen Maybe this time around it would be more fun with toddlers, at least for me they definitely make it more difficult since they can be a handful to keep up with lol. These are great ideas, thank you!
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
  • rosietea03rosietea03 Posts: 22 Member
    Definitely the Decades Challenge!! Its so good especially when you add CC for the era your playing in! Good Luck!1
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    homeless but it way better with seasons
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    I want to the Not So Berry challenge but so far i've only done CAS challenges. Currently doing a random 30 day one I found on google.
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Don't know if it counts but my favourite was the growfruit challenge, even though I didn't actually do it. Only after it ended did I decide I wanted a growfruit and I actually cried a bit because I find the growfruit cute but I missed the chance to have them in my game. Thankfully rosemow very kindly directed me to the gallery; now every household has a growfruit tree at home as well as other fruit and veg.

The Growfruit became available in the game with Outdoor Retreat. You can buy it there in the hut where they sell things you need.

To the OP I have only played the Legacy Challenge in the Sims 4. I used to play loads of challenges in the Sims 2 but haven't got around to trying any out in the Sims 4 apart from the Legacy Challenge (which is still on going).

I wonder how some challenges compare to the Sims 2 and if they are as much fun as they were in the Sims 2 Maybe I will give it a go sometime and interesting to hear what people's favs are.

I can imagine in the Sims 4 a kind of Black Widow challenge would be fun, even one raising kids, or a Hobo type one (that I found particularly interesting in the Sims 3) would be fun to play. The reason why I haven't tried any so far is I am not sure they would be as much fun as I found them in the Sims 2 because of the way the Sims 4 plays. But who am I to judge until I have played and tried