Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favorite challenges?

summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
I've been trying to start some new challenges because I've been getting bored with my regular legacy family! I started the most common, such as the 100 Baby Challenge and a 10-generation legacy.

There are so many in the Sims 4 Challenge List and it can be hard to find good ones. So I was wondering what are your favorite challenges that keep you interested, Sims 4 or otherwise?
"We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comments

• HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited December 2017
    I've only done one challenge to date, which is the Not So Berry and I love it.

Edit: Typo.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    The only one I've done is the independence challenge. I'm usually an extreme micromanager with my sims, so it was challenging but also fun to turn on autonomy and see what happened. I learned that my sims can actually do okay without any input from me.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • magicmermaid9magicmermaid9 Posts: 122 Member
    I'm only new, but I've decided to get into the I'm a Lover Challenge. Its a ten gen legacy.
    Whoops, just spent another day watching Dan and Phil
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2017
    I've tried quite a few challenges. Some of my favorite gameplay challenges are:

Asylum
    Homeless Elder
    Runaway Teen
    Runaway Siblings
    Living Off the Grid
    Living Off the Land
    Eco Existence
    Random Legacy
    Time Lord
    Room
    ISBI
    Rosebud
    Super Sim
    Tiny Living
    Collections (my own made-up challenge)

...and my all time favorite, Rags to Riches in various scenerios such as; Dine-Out, Klepto, Retail, Extreme, etc. In fact, 99% of my gameplay saves start out as Rags to Riches where my Sim begins on an empty lot with no money and can't get a job.

Links to the rules for most of these challenges (except my own) can be found here:

Sims 4 Challenges List

I've also just started a Prettacy and it's turning out to be quite fun. :)

If you like to build, my favorite challenge is the Sims 4 Build-n-Share Challenge. I also like One Room, One Week, One Theme.

If you like to write the Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge is fun too!

Edit: Opps, I see you already included a link to the challenges list. o.O

• summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    @HopeyStarr I just took a look at this one, thank you! I've seen it before but never really looked at the rules. It looks like a lot of fun, I'm definitely going to try this one soon!

@LiaRose1435 Wow this one looks tough, I also micromanage my sims! This is definitely one I want to try soon, thank you!

@magicmermaid9 This one looks fun, thank you so much!

@Karababy52 This inspired me to get going on my first Rosebud Challenge!! This is an awesome list, I haven't looked at a lot of these so they will definitely be fun to try out. After the Rosebud I think I'm going to try Living Off the Grid or Asylum. Thank you so much!
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I started playing this one.

https://www.google.com/amp/flapjacksims.tumblr.com/post/166901554893/netflix-legacy-hi-so-i-made-a-spur-of-the-moment/amp

It's a Netflix legacy challenge and it's super fun. I'm on the first generation, #girlboss. The next generation is Riverdale. It's the only legacy challenge that I may actually stick with.
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    I've really done only one, the Homeless Challenge. I read several versions of various rules, made my own rules and stuck to them.

I had a teenager, a child and a toddler. Home lot was a small forest where there was a campfire, a potty and stone benches. Traveling within their world was for free, and assumed done by walking, but going to another world cost 10 lindens each, assumed to be public transport. I didn't let them go to school unless they could buy new clothes to look like they weren't homeless (and therefore not alert authorities), 300 lindens for children, 600 lindens for the teen. They could purchase a tent and use it at night in parks or the home forest. No buying build mode items if it didn't make sense that they could 1) buy it in store and walk off with it (like the tent) 2) that it could be portable in reality, even if not inventory carriable in the sims, like the potty.

Moving into an apartment cost extra, so if the rent was 400 lindens per week, I added 400 lindens guarantee and 400 lindens bribe money to the landlord for ignoring that there's just a teen, no adults present.

'n although I play with aging off, with them I counted days manually and aged them up according to the medium aging pace. Well, until they were all young adults, but by then they had pretty much won the whole thing. They now live in a penthouse, the teen grew up to be charity icon, the child is a doctor and the toddler is a famous musician. Loved playing them.

I should really pick another challenge, they're fun. Thank you for the lists!
  • ponygir44ponygir44 Posts: 11 New Member
    My favorite is I did the cult challenge. I found it super fun because I was able to create a uniform for the followers which i fun since I love doing things with CAS and I was able to do lots of different types of things since it is a cult so you can have crazy things haha
    @imhappy This one looks so cool! I've seen a majority of these shows so it would be awesome to be the characters. Thank you!

@Lumiasta Your version/rules look so interesting, I definitely have to try it. Thank you so much for the inspiration! This is a great idea.

@ponygir44 Oooo just looked over these rules, thanks for the idea. It looks super interesting, so I just started a new save with my cult's founder! This should be a good one. Thank you so much!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Karababy52 This inspired me to get going on my first Rosebud Challenge!! This is an awesome list, I haven't looked at a lot of these so they will definitely be fun to try out. After the Rosebud I think I'm going to try Living Off the Grid or Asylum. Thank you so much!

You're very welcome! Glad you were inspired to try the Rosebud Challenge. It's a lot of fun and so are the other two you want to try. They both have their merits, but I think the Asylum challenge is especially challenging for a micromanager (I'm one too). I'm surprised I have any fingernails left after playing that one. o.O It was hard not being able to intervene, but I did enjoy some of the silly things they did. I swear the only thing one inmate wanted to do was tell chicken jokes all day. lol

Enjoy and have a very Happy New Year! <3

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @summer_berry
    We'll be starting the 2018 Challenge Tournament on Carl's Guide tomorrow, Jan 1. Lots of short challenges, if you're interested. Here's a link to the thread which has all the links: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16211919#Comment_16211919.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Don't know if it counts but my favourite was the growfruit challenge, even though I didn't actually do it. Only after it ended did I decide I wanted a growfruit and I actually cried a bit because I find the growfruit cute but I missed the chance to have them in my game. Thankfully rosemow very kindly directed me to the gallery; now every household has a growfruit tree at home as well as other fruit and veg.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    @MVWdeZT Thank you! This looks awesome I'll definitely try to participate.

@BabySquare I looked up the rules for this one and it looks interesting for sure. Thank you so much! (Plus, I didn't even know what a growfruit was before you shared this!)
  • Cupcake_cake11Cupcake_cake11 Posts: 3 New Member
    I love the Black Widdow challenge. You basically have a sim and she is a plain gold digger, she has to marry 10 different guys and kill them right after. ( guys with money such as Geoffrey Landgrab, Mortimer Goth...) Using the Alluring trait, Materialistic trait, Romantic trait, and Snob trait. Only one guy at a time. Or if you want to add your own twist you can make it so that your sim has to have one kid with every guy. The main goal is to complete the challenge before you sim turns into an adult.

Dark but fun and Challenging.
    Inspired by MeganPlays and XUrbanSimsX on YouTube.

Cupcake_cake11
    @Cupcake_cake11 I've never heard of this challenge before but it looks awesome. I haven't done too many dark families/challenges, so this is definitely a good one. Thank you so much!
  • LaPetiteFromageLaPetiteFromage Posts: 12 New Member
    The Decades Challenge is one of my favorites. Each generation is a decade starting with 1890s.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I like the not-so-berry one. You have goals each generation which I think keeps it interesting and its really well structured and easy to understand.

At the moment I'm doing my own challenge to get a family to 100 generations on long life. No cheats it the only real rule. It's the sticking to that one family that is the only rule other than no cheats. It isn't an actual challenge though, just me challenging my sticktoitiveness.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    The Decades Challenge is one of my favorites. Each generation is a decade starting with 1890s.
    Do you have a link to it? Sounds fun!
    edited January 2018
    @ThePinkBookGirl Here is the link! :)

@LaPetiteFromage I've started a Decades Challenge legacy before, and just didn't stick with it. I would love to try it again though, just reading the rules is making me want to try it again! Thank you!

@ladybreid The Not-So-Berry does look interesting, it's definitely on my list of ones I want to try in the future! And wow 100 generations? Especially on long! I'm not sure I could do that haha, maybe I could on normal and with sims that I really really like. That's so awesome! If you want to keep track of all the family members I would definitely suggest using something like this website, it's called the Plum Tree App and it's for making sims family trees! It's worked well for me so far :) I definitely want to try 100 generations now it's an awesome idea, thank you so much!
  • kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I'm enjoying the Not So Berry challenge and the Amazon challenge right now. I also liked the Black Widow challenge quite a bit, because it's so unlike the way I usually play.
  • AlyRay96AlyRay96 Posts: 65 Member
    Good luck @ladybreid. The not so berry. Halle he is very fun! I just finished with the mint generation in it. It’s fun to create each sim to the specs that are set. Challenges how I’d normally play.
    “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were going to do anyway.“
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I love the Black Widdow challenge. You basically have a sim and she is a plain gold digger, she has to marry 10 different guys and kill them right after. ( guys with money such as Geoffrey Landgrab, Mortimer Goth...) Using the Alluring trait, Materialistic trait, Romantic trait, and Snob trait. Only one guy at a time. Or if you want to add your own twist you can make it so that your sim has to have one kid with every guy. The main goal is to complete the challenge before you sim turns into an adult.

Dark but fun and Challenging.
    Inspired by MeganPlays and XUrbanSimsX on YouTube.

Cupcake_cake11

Do you have a wedding ceremony for each wedding? Does she have friends/family beside the husbands? I like this challenge.
    @ThePinkBookGirl Here's the link to the challenge if you didn't already find it. I had to search through the forums again. Haha

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816128/decades-challenge/p1
    @ThePinkBookGirl Actually here's the link.

http: //forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816128/decades-challenge/p1

(Delete the space between : and /. It won't let me post a full URL because I haven't been on here long enough.
  • Shadow_Simmer_14Shadow_Simmer_14 Posts: 53 Member
    I want to do the Not So Berry Challenge, but I don't have City Living. I switch around a lot between challenges, but my favorites are challenges where you start form little or nothing: traditional 10 gen legacy challenge, runaway teen challenge, big sister challenge, etc.