Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List Your Sims 4 Pros and Cons

13...Next

Comments

• AgentAnteaterAgentAnteater Posts: 8 New Member
    > @cactusjuice said:
    > Pros - It will end
    >
    > Cons - It was released

i loled
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Pros - It will end

Cons - It was released

OMG ahahahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CryBloodwingCryBloodwing Posts: 2 New Member
    Pros

1. Art style
    2. How much detail you can change on your character. Like each body part.
    3. The number of admins
    4. Pets
    5. Runs pretty smooth for a Mac

Cons

1. My sims do nothing besides sit at home and play on the computer or watch TV. Even if my sims is outgoing, or has aspirations for music, gardening, etc, they never do anything. I had a sims go for 4 weeks without even meeting one person. I wanted to sit back and watch a little more, but it feels like I always have to tell them to do something or else they play on the computer the whole time...
    2. Addons cost too much in my opinion. Too many of them also for that cost.
    3. Not much gothic/punk style for females and males unless you get vampires.
    4. Wish there were more longer hairstyles and long hair styles that have multiple colors. Also longer hair for males.
    5. Activities take way to long. One minute for my sims to walk 4 steps?
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Pros:
    It has modern futures (objects, clothing)
    It works on my computer
    Sometimes I like the silliness of it
    It's a Sims game
    It has a empty world where I can build my own custom lots

Cons:
    I don't like the socializing system (especially whilst my sims are eating)
    I don't really have control over what I want to happen
    I like to make my own goals, rather than the game making them for me
    I don't like there being a checklist or being timed for a party
    Sims 4 doesn't really bring out my creative side like the earlier games
    It feels like I'm just constantly grinding
    There is lack of customization
  • SquallSquall Posts: 2 New Member
    Pros:

1. Got it on sale
    2. Lots of improvements compared to the little I remember of the older sims

Congs:

1. Couldn't control myself and bought all the expansions
    2. Found out too late the lot limitations and now all the worlds Feel TINY and have buyer's remorse
    3. Whats already there is rigid and obnoxious. (I don't want to roleplay tenants who like calling their landlords all the time for pest) I can turn my apartment into a maze but I can't get rid of mouse holes and stuff.
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Cons: Its got no Pros
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2018
    Pros and Cons :

1. It's still the same style of game, it didn't evolve in 18 years.

For example, Need For Speed II (1997) is very different to Need For Speed Payback (2017), it's no longer the same game.
    Many things were improved and added, now there is a story for example.

The Sims, their personality and their life weren't changed or evolved same as many things.

It's a good thing because it maintains our game experience like it was when we discovered the game.
    It's a bad thing because a lot of things would be better if there were more details and improvements.

2. The design is still focused on the tween "casual game" players.

There are many Teen rated games which are visually more mature than this game (Justice League, Need For Speed Payback, ...).
    But the game is mainly used by adults.

The Sims GTA-like would not be a good idea at the same time.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Pros:
    1. The game constantly gets new features and gameplay added to it, it’s the current game. It’s running.
    2. CAS- and building mode tools

Cons:
    1. As a successor you’d expect progress in essential fields compared to the predecessors. That didn’t happen. Certain features that were loved but criticised because they weren’t implemented flawlessly should have been improved, not removed.
    2. The core of the game seems to be sealed gameplay. The devs thought of something and that’s the way it’s gonna work for every single player out there. Where in the sections of the previous two versions I see much more personal angles to the very same game. In short: there is no way you can make the game your own. It’s the dev’s game. That’s not what a Sims game is about, the charm of this game has always been its freedom, its customizability, its options.
    3. The sims in it are awful and there’s nothing you can do about it, because it’s mainly their behaviour that causes it. Their over-the-topness (both in animations as in facial expressions).
    4. I don’t like the art style. That’s partly subjective of course (when you like a stylized plastic look you do), but partly it’s simply because a lot is handled very sloppy. Apparently that improved in later packs, but it should have been from the very beginning. It’s a successor fcol.
    5. The sims have no personalities and no form of memory whatsoever. This is why the game will never reach the level of its predecessors, no matter how much content will be added. The loftiest towers rise from the ground.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Pros:
    1. Love the build/buy mode
    2. Love CAS
    3. The toddlers are amazing and adorable

Cons:
    1. Everything is way too cheerful and as a result the worlds and Sims feel sterilized or as if they've had a lobotomy the way they smile ALL THE TIME
    2. Not enough traits or jobs
    3. All Sims act the same regardless of traits
    4. Obviously the loading screens
    5. Not nearly enough to do
    6. Nothing has consequences
    7. Everything feels fake (obviously it's a game, but compared to previous iterations)
    8. Multitasking is not very functional

• Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited February 2018
    Pros:
    Looks
    Cas
    Build
    Vampires
    Toddlers
    No need for CC.

Cons:
    The restriction on everything.
    The over the top happy mood.
    Nothing has meaning. ( traits, relationships)
    The simplicity.
    The use of mods for bugs.
    Post edited by Saga-Minx on
  • Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member
    Dutchysim wrote: »
    Pros:

The use of mods for bugs.

That is what I have a huge issue with myself. What I want to know is when EA/Maxis will stop putting out incomplete or broken products expecting the modders to fix everything for nothing? I meant the word "expecting" because if they even put half the thought that modders do in their own product, mods wouldn't have to be used for bugs.

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Alright here's my take on this

Pros

The new CAS is pretty good I like that you can mold parts of the face and body, I have the most fun creating the sims

Sims art style reminds me of Sims 2 kinda

Building is pretty easy now, you can just slap a room to another corner now

Toddlers are a little more fleshed out, they have a little more to do

Pets are alright, reminds me of Sims 2 Pets but more fleshed out

Cons

Multitasking needs to be more fleshed out, it's all over the place what a mess

There's still a huge lack of core content ( how the heck did it took 4-5 years for toddlers to come back... )

Sims aren't really unique personality and game play wise, they all troll teh forums or play games on their phones like come on

Moods are a mess, as much as I like happy I don't want uncanny valley happy 24/7 like good god balance out the mood buffs and debuffs

It's absolutely hard to do a generation run in this installment, in terms of lack of family content like we got parenthood, toddlers, and toddler and kid packs but it's not enough to bear through a generation run I end up only reaching generation 2 when in previous installments I reached to 6+

The current release schedule is pretty much a joke in terms of packs, we got like iirc 13+ stuff packs now would be nice to get more game packs than stuff packs besides idk maybe more thought out pack ideas like take in more suggestions from the community and tackle some needed core content also the release times are pretty bad tbh, TS3 shot out 19+ meaty packs already

"Musical chairs", this isn't fixed still

Sims doesn't autonomously take care of babies and toddlers well, I mean as in ignoring them 90% of the time in my runs sometimes they tried to care but it's usually the need that doesn't need to be taken care of ( EX: Constantly washing toddler when toddler is starving to death, Constantly feeding toddler when they want to sleep )

Aliens don't do much they're just kinda there and vampires need to be balanced a little more ( also vampire thirst is absolute hell to deal with especially with relying on plasma packs and plasma meals )

Traits sadly doesn't change the sims that much, remember when TS3 had some pretty fleshed out traits that you can tell sims apart well ? Well here you just get random buffs and debuffs but not much in personality changes ( minor for gloomy and hot headed ), as I mentioned in the personality AI bit they'll still do the same old troll teh forums
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
    edited February 2018
  • magnoliasouthmagnoliasouth Posts: 1 New Member
    Most everything is pro for me. The only real con I have is another option for viewing Sims. There needs to be an additional setting for breakaway walls and walls down. I want an option to hide non-interactive items. There is nothing more aggravating than decorating walls and installing lights so they can see and then when they walk into that room I can't see them because of all the stuff on the walls and the lights. I mean, I love the decorations but in breakaway view I would really like them to show everything on the back wall but hide what is in the way of the Sim, unless it's interactive, of course.
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    > @cactusjuice said:
    > Pros - It will end
    >
    > Cons - It was released

i loled

LOL!!!!!!!!! Amazing! You nailed it.
  • oldaccountnotworkingoldaccountnotworking Posts: 21 Member
    Pros:
    Multitasking is slightly better than previous series, but still patchy.
    Ability to slide rooms to expand and contract them.

Cons:
    No create a style.
    No open world.
    No finer autonomy control.
    No ability to change default keys. E.g. on UK keyboards I can't use the key left of 1/above Tab to pause, ugh.
    Badly labelled pie options, not telling you what they'll do. There's a lot to this game, so I'd appreciate it telling me via hovering over an Oolong tea, that it would make the sim energized. I have to keep saving or going back to the Wiki before I try an option I don't know in case I get an undesired mood or effect.
    edited April 2018
    Cons :

- Routing issues:
    * They always stand near a door or in a narrow place and block the path instead of going in a larger space at... 2 tiles of distance

Here an example...
    ... at the same time it's so realistic, the most of time the humans are so selfish they don't think someone else could need to pass.

That bothers me in the game and in real life.

5f7gsfuu9som.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    Pros -
    * The sims are pretty
    * You don't need cc to have decent looking sims
    * The amount of detail in the world background/the world maps
    * The supernatural life states are alot better/ unique

Cons -
    *The story of the sims ( ex: from the sims 1 - 3 it followed a timeline). I wish they put more story into the sims. Or atleast base it off the other games. ( ex Alexander Goth starts with a C, but in the sims 2 He started with a A/ so like little details.)
    *No cars/buses/taxis
    *Teens
    *How much they are taking pieces of content out of the eps.
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2018
    Guess I will add my two cents

Pros:

* The neighborhoods connect
    * The ability to disect and resect rooms
    * Multitasking is good but not excellent

Cons:

* No ability to built Apts from scratch
    * Apts available in one neighborhood
    * No game editors such as terrain, neighborhood creators or lot modifers meaning lots are static and cannot be altered
    * No vehicles
    * No abilty to recolor through an wheel or CAST
    * Some content found in SPs are now bound to the ownership of certain EPs(Hopefully this will not be the norm)
    * Even though Sims 4 has improved it still lacks features or various levels of creativity and will retain controversy until it's productive cycle has ceased
    * Emotions and lot traits seems to have replaced the level of creavity as it is promoted.(Not necessairly bad but it does not raise my Peps for the game)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Cons:
    1. No color wheel
    2. Not able to visit next door neighbors with loading screen.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    Pros:
    Ability to expand rooms in build mode with arrows.
    Graphics are smooth
    Finding collectibles is fun

Cons:
    Loading screens to visit others in same neighborhood.
    No vehicles. I mean it was awesome when you reached the peak of CEO career in Sims 3 and the helicopter picked you up for work.
    Need stairs that are like real life. Stack-able like how we usually have basement steps under upstairs steps. Stairs that take up less room - spiral, ladder, etc.
    Free build blank neighborhood like Newcrest but YOU can set the lot sizes.
    Color wheel and more furniture that matches. Not all cabinets have matching upper cabinets.
    If you can, bring back the create your own art studio, and the floor and wall creating programs.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2018
    NO open world
    Can't make sims run
    doesn't have boy/girl friend & fiancée in CAS as relationships
    Can't switch/control/multitask all other sims in the house while they are in different places

no favorites(color, food, music) in CAS
    NO CEMETERY
    Infants don't have items for themselves, can't be active or laid down, are basically forgotten
    No stores in Jungle adventure so that we can buy all we want of an object(like shower in can)
    fish tank assortment is very limited
    playground stuff for kids missing like riders ect.
    I hate that sims cancel out what I want
    No shower woohoo
    Time seems to go faster in S4 than S3 for me and I feel like I can't get nothing done; the day goes too fast.
    no landline phones
    No cars/vehicles
    CAS accessories limited from fingernail polish, belly rings, ect.
    No passies for infants toddlers
    limited stairs

I hate that sims put toddlers down from the highchairs or that toddlers can get down alone; sims are obsessed with this and cancel everything else out

Ability to make a supernatural for any sim in my bin in CAS(huge disappointment when I had the sim I wanted to make a vampire and couldn't; not interested in going the long way around; they should've done it right to begin with.)

Pros
    excels in ease of getting in and out of game and CAS
    Build has roofs and the ability to move houses and add more than one thing to a lot. Lot traits.
    Ability to add/mess with townies instead of having to befriend ect in S3 just to get them in your house ect.
    CAS- not having to take of accessories one by one and look for them.
    running stores in GTW as well as the careers
    Pets do not count toward the house count.

I'm hoping a future pro is that if they ever bring the UNICORN back that you can buy one, because I hate working for it and I really never got one is S3 except to get one from the exchange.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'll try to keep it short.

Pros:

- The art work is beautiful
    - How intuitive Build mode is (apart from roofs: con)
    - CAS is great (apart from the lack of a colour wheel: con, and not enough relationship options: another con)
    - Animations are smooth
    - Sound is great (Spa Day calms me like if I was in a spa myself)
    - Being able to choose what households age, with plenty of options
    - Toddlers
    - Hats on any hairstyle
    - The club system introduced with Get Together
    - The character traits that Parenthood introduced
    - The gallery
    - GPs are all well worth the money
    - You can travel to all the worlds in the same save and move around

Cons:

- There are barely consequences to anything that happens
    - Sims barely react to things unless they are extremely close to the action and sometimes not even then
    - Sims don't have memory and would for example interact with someone they just had a fight with like if nothing happened
    - The emotions system
    - Lack of NPCs: burglars, police, firefighters, etc
    - That having a smartphone is MANDATORY and the lack of a home phone
    - The very small choice regarding careers and jobs (no part time jobs for YA+, no self-employment, not enough normal rabbit hole jobs)
    - The ridiculous size of many of the objects (telescope, cupcake machine, microscope, etc)
    - No terrain tool
    - Hard to match furniture and colours/not enough colour swatches
    - Inconsistent window/door combinations
    - Traits are almost meaningless and all they get you are basically moodlets
    - Sims are probably the least intelligent Sims ever (also emotionally)
    - Musical chairs
    - Not enough EPs, too many SPs + EPs have all been shallow and lacking
    - No CAW (specially not being able to move lots around or make lots bigger/smaller or turn them around)
    - Worlds are too small
    - If feels very restrictive in many aspects (for example: apartments are unbelievable frustrating)
    - It is extremely scripted
    - Teens are not teens
    - Babies are objects that don't even have a changing station
    - Autonomous flirting is out of control
    - Loading screens to visit others in same neighborhood
    - No ability to choose how many days each life stage should last

I am going to stop here since I promised I'd keep it short but I could keep going with the cons.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.