Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some of the weirdest/scariest/most disturbing glitches you've had?

Comments

• T_MariT_Mari Posts: 75 Member
    @igazor ill stick to manually changing their styles then. I can't risk using a mod or trying it myself.
    @hepburnfan take away all the seats in the house and your sim eats on either the toilet or the bathtub. I kind of like seeing it. especially if
    there are two eating and one is on the toilet and the other on the bathtub.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2018
    Betti Spaghetti childrenb while eating is my most frequent:
    94d87963cf.jpg

I've also had my cats turn into freaky stretch monsters that remind me of my first big error while converting a dress for toddlers from kids:
    11973ea503.jpg

This happened because I forgot to remove the child rig when I imported the dress mesh onto the toddler rig, oops!
    But, all is well that ends well, right?

"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I will say that towns being taken over by clone-faced puddings is always much more unsettling to me than animation glitches.
    Wait, I don't see the difference. Are my sims pudding?! Be honest.
    Screenshot-230.jpg
    Screenshot-231.jpg
    Screenshot-232.jpg
    the girl has different eyes and nose from the guys but the guys look like aged replicas of each other with different hair/eye colors, but it's not so bad, you could tell them apart still.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I've had the most problems with bad CC where my sims would go into the shower and they would get all distorted. Like really distorted. A similar thing was there was some kind of horse leg thing where my sims would have a horse hanging off the back of them.

My current glitch is when I have my bunk beds against a wall, my sims will choose to go to the other side of the wall, and go through the wall to get onto the upper level bed. Ugh... crazy sims!
    Oooh, I'm really careful when I download CC now, the only CC problem i get is from exchange. Most of my CC are from Praline sims, kijiko and S-club. I mean, there are a lot of others i use, but I saw how a bad CC messes layers up.
    I cant remember the last time I used a base game item except for building. (but i have backups just in case something goes wrong and I use CC magic to sort my mods just in case i lose track)
    I completely understand that though.
    I think you should take time to sort through your mods folder and simslauncher files to find the corrupted file. (also try to remember who made them and never download from them again). I had a bug where they always found something invisible blocking beds, it was expensive having to constantly delete and rebuy the bed for them to sleep (plus, my sim was cursed by the crystal ball so she was losing money like crazy... needless to say, i had to delete that save and find the nasty CC. It was a build object if i remembered correctly)
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    T_Mari wrote: »
    the girl has different eyes and nose from the guys but the guys look like aged replicas of each other with different hair/eye colors, but it's not so bad, you could tell them apart still.

I didn't notice until you pointed that out. For some reason I'm really bad at telling faces apart by things other than eye color, hair color, and hair style. They had different hair, so I thought they were different.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    My current glitch is when I have my bunk beds against a wall, my sims will choose to go to the other side of the wall, and go through the wall to get onto the upper level bed. Ugh... crazy sims!
    I hate that one too, but it's easy to fix. Either move the bunk bed away from the wall slightly or, usually easier to do, on the other side of that wall place something like a small table, dresser, or bookcase that the sims can't pass through.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Here are a couple gifs of a glitchy toddler:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

His mom (who’s a friend of my Sim) was glitched too, so here’s a pic of Harley saying hi to the floor:

tTUb4Gw.jpg
  • sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    @TinySpaceFox lmfaoooooooooo omg
    I've had the most problems with bad CC where my sims would go into the shower and they would get all distorted. Like really distorted. A similar thing was there was some kind of horse leg thing where my sims would have a horse hanging off the back of them.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 the horse one...how is that even possible? So like an actual horse (the animal?) was hanging on the back of them? Like a centaur? Lol XDDD...that's awful. May I ask what bad CC did you download to cause that?

• xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Here are a couple gifs of a glitchy toddler:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

His mom (who’s a friend of my Sim) was glitched too, so here’s a pic of Harley saying hi to the floor:

tTUb4Gw.jpg

I hate that glitch!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    For me, apart from encountering regular bugs which always will make you pull all your hair out in frustration, this was the most disturbing thing that ever happened to me. I was curious how my sim’s cousin had aged into a toddler so I visited his sister’s house. And there he was.

vCTuFfT.jpg

I had a cc outfit that came with a sim I downloaded that made toddler super deformed. I wouldn't play the game until I got rid of it. I had to delete the outfit from the simfile( I think).
    Yes, this turned out to be the cause of all this ;)

TaylorSwiftLoveStoryTee1.png

I reinstalled my entire game...

Mine was this...
    wWD7Pcg.png
    I had to use simpe3( I forgot the actual name) to manually delete the cc from a sim I downloaded.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    edited January 2018
    Here's one glitch
    vmT4Bi7.jpg
    Another glitch that I just remembered.
    I used to have this glitch when I played Sims 3 on my old laptop that would make sims walk up the steps (before entering the front door) then walk back down while flying in the air. I wish I had a video.
    On my old laptop, I had glitches where cats and dogs would momentarily stretch to adult sim size. It scared me so much that I avoided them.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Every time the tub breaks after my kids go on a submarine adventure, this happens :o
    24618319087_f19f020455_o.jpg
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    Simply change their breed, and voila, instant monster...
    2FA0wSV.jpg

....it's...a gremlin? egads, lol.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited January 2018
    2FA0wSV.jpg

I don't care what it is, as long as it stays far, far away from me. I discovered this glitch some time ago, when my sister was trying to change the breed of her Sim's kitten. It scared us quite a bit at first, but we mostly just laugh at it now.

Anyway, to avoid double-posting:

Don't you just hate when no one will cook you, so you have to drag yourself over to the stove and cook yourself?
    giphy.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2018
    2FA0wSV.jpg

I don't care what it is, as long as it stays far, far away from me. I discovered this glitch some time ago, when my sister was trying to change the breed of her Sim's kitten. It scared us quite a bit at first, but we mostly just laugh at it now.

Anyway, to avoid double-posting:

Don't you just hate when no one will cook you, so you have to drag yourself over to the stove and cook yourself?
    giphy.gif

OMG...I'm dyin' here. :D LOL... to BOTH.

@TinySpaceFox Boy, cooking would be so much easier if my RL pots and pans did that by themselves. :D Of course, I'd probably be running screaming out of the house if that happened. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Mikezumi Wow! XD That's so weird...did that happen without the blur and you added the heart yourself? They just have like Barbie doll bodies under that mosaic, nothing explicit, right? (unless you add mods of course we all know how that goes XD)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    hepburnfan wrote: »
    @Mikezumi Wow! XD That's so weird...did that happen without the blur and you added the heart yourself? They just have like Barbie doll bodies under that mosaic, nothing explicit, right? (unless you add mods of course we all know how that goes XD)

Yep... We're not allowed to talk about those here. :D

e50214f4cadaa437705826ee1841f558.png
    ~innocent expression~. :D:mrgreen:

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @hepburnfan I don't have the blur in my game and the children are barbie but I didn't want to show his butt cheeks ;)
    Not trying to bump the thread, but recently I have been reading about all the bad cc out there. I don't know if the horse body all ages both genders glitch is as common anymore, but I have seen a lot of very old threads about it and the effects are horrible. Sims as young as babies having a greyed horse body from the torso down??? And then the Taylor Swift T-shirt glitch, shymoo...and many others! I heard people don't download it purposely, it just randomly sneaks into something else they downloaded? Like a virus?.. :confused:

Does anyone know if these creators from the exchange really wanted to sneak bad cc into people's games and destroy them? Or if they truly wanted to create these t-shirts and all but it went horribly, horribly wrong and was truly a mistake? I find the whole situation really interesting, however like I said, the Exchange should really be heavily regulated or at the very worst shut down.
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    @sugarplumpeach
    Well, not exactly like a virus... but what happens is that the CASP (CAS part) resource entry (and the other resources tied to the CASP entry) for the CC gets packed into the sim file by the export tool, along with the data that's supposed to be getting exported. The export tool isn't intended to export CC data in that manner, but it does anyway, it's more like a brain-fart on the tool's part.
    It can happen with perfectly good CC as well, but it's just that the bad CC gets more attention, since it causes obnoxious problems & being embedded in sim files makes it hard to track down and remove.

The way that it gets spread unawares, is: "Player X" downloads something with "Bad CC" in it & doesn't know it's in their game, Bad CC sticks itself onto Player X's sim, Player X exports said sim & Bad CC gets pack along for the ride too, Player Y & Z download Player X's sim, and the cycle continues...

Much of the bad CC out there is really just miscategorized/overcategorized. The Taylor Swift shirt & Shymoo outfit are perfect examples, if you edit the CASP entries for those & restrict them to the categories they were made for (YA/A female, not naked, not maternity, not hidden, not random) they actually function perfectly well & are otherwise normal CC.

I think that most, if not all, the bad CC out there is made with innocent intentions but some mistake happens & the maker posts it unawares. Some makers fix their CC when they find out about a problem and repost the fixed versions, but the broken versions still end up getting circulated. Then there are other makers who don't seem to care & never bother to fix or remove their broken CC. But I don't think that there are any actual malicious CC makers.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I remember in Bridgeport, my baby was crying but I was passed out and couldn't get to her. One of the apartment neighbors came in and picked her up and took her to their apartment and then I couldn't get my baby back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top