Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console Forums - where is what?

Comments

• damsel_inadressdamsel_inadress Posts: 1 New Member
    Why is there a gallery with information on who created the uploads if we can't share our creations? It is such a key aspect of the game.

At this price point sharing (and modding) should be possible. This game costs more than some of the top titles on PS4 and not allowing this feature drastically alters the user experience.

Please make sharing possible.
  • Skul1CandySkul1Candy Posts: 1 New Member
    Also super happy this has come out on console! And I love it apart from the few very annoying features you can't seem to change.

1. 'locking' onto the taskbar, where your cursor disappears. I would love if it would just keep the cursor, I have had no use for this locking feature and get annoyed at having to press B-B (Xbox One) to get the cursor back.

2. Having to click to see the needs' bar. I feel like the intention of Sims has changed, as autonomy is default on, and it shows you updates for when needs' are really low, but I prefer to keep autonomy off and try to keep all needs relatively full, which means constantly checking the needs bar. Why can't we have an option to leave it open like it used to be?

It has also been quite glitchy.. thank god for auto saves!
  • OmqTaylorOmqTaylor Posts: 25 Member
    My TV is about 40 inch long (couldn't find tape measure!) and whenever I play the game the red pause outline is always in about an inch on all sides. This is very annoying how it doesn't show anything about screen size in the settings. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me!
  • Ali1503162Ali1503162 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello I would like please to know why cool kitchen for ps4 is not released in the uae PlayStation store I’m trying to find the newest dlcs but I could not find them

Thank you
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Question- is there a way to slegdeham multiple items?
    [
  • robiokosrobiokos Posts: 16 Member
    I've played a fair number of hours and while I was mostly having fun there have been a couple of issues I hope will be addressed in the future:
    1) Being able to mass delete objects from the inventory. (I simply won't sit there and delete hundreds of objects one by one after my sim finished harvesting plants from the garden lol)
    2) Being able to rotate objects freely.
    3) Occasionally the game kind of freezes for a couple of minutes. This usually happens before my sims go to school/work in the morning. I am able to swap between sims but time just stops and I have to wait, sometimes it happenes several times in a row which makes playing no sot fun.
    4) I was able to get used to the controls but build mode is still painful. I wish we wouldn't have to keep switching between the cursor and the UI.
    5) More trophies/achievements. It would be nice if at least big expansion packs came with new set of trophies.
    Just encounter my first save problem and lost some play time.
    Really aggravated that its still an issue.
    [
    edit: nevermind i updated and it fine now :]. thank goodness.
    but now there is music from the loading screen still playing during the game. bug?
    [
  • ajonesuk91ajonesuk91 Posts: 2 New Member
    what would like to see next updates
    Radiators
    Bunk beds
    Paddlers
    Laptop
    House phone
    Alarm
    Newspaper
  • JampuppyJampuppy Posts: 5 New Member
    Parties:
    Guests come before hired help.
    Hired help does not do its job.
    No cool decor like disco ball
    Guests leave before cake
    Guests leave before chef calls to meal (even if cooking begins right as guests arrive)
    Caterer burns food, leaves bad food, leaves food incomplete
    End wayyyyyy too early! Should be up to the host to end party.

Visitors:
    Leave before "call to meal"
    They go straight to the PC

City Living:
    Boring. Rip-off. No restaurants, theatres, ...nothing to do!

Travel:
    Should be able to walk around, own a car, wander town - i.e., more open world feel

Multiple household control would be nice... at least two.

More save options. 5 isn't enough.

Designing:
    Clothes are hideous.
    Should be able to custom color.

Party Pack:
    Another rip-off.
    Should be some cool stuff - bon fire, eg, ...

Events/Festivals/Hang-Outs/Meet for a Drink:
    Impossible to get Sim in right mood
    Housemates that come along should not have to leave at the same time
    Instructions vague about how to accomplish list for success, eg, Hang out in park. er... aren't we hanging out in the park????

Hired help:
    As above, they don't do the job and often never show up, but are charged the fee anyway

Neat trait:
    Not neat enough. What neat freak leaves food on the floor???

General observations:
    What a bunch of whiny babies these Sims are! They have to pee way too often. If they don't get everything on time they go from green to red in an instant which means there is more time spent in survival mode than actually having fun. When they finally have a few days off, if they have a moment of relative stability, there's little to do. Once they start to do it they're almost immediately unhappy again!

Feeling like a real sucker having bought this - especially all the expansions and add-ons. I agree with the commentor who said that this was rushed to get out and it shows.
    Furthermore, this is not the correct threat for these comments because there is no option to create a new thread.

There is what appears to be a bug. My house has fallen apart. Everyone is constantly unhappy; things are not getting cleaned up and fixed; Sims are standing for long periods doing nothing even when there is direction to do something or they are about to have an accident. It's a mess.
  • SimproviserSimproviser Posts: 2 New Member
    Ps4 version has so many glitches. Adult/Toddler interactions as someone stated previously, it can take hours for a sim to finish eating, my cursor glitches out quite often and darts around my screen in live mode, build/buy, neighborhood view. It's quite ridiculous to be frank. I love that it's the same game, but come on. Please fix these glitches.
    > @Simproviser said:
    > Ps4 version has so many glitches. Adult/Toddler interactions as someone stated previously, it can take hours for a sim to finish eating, my cursor glitches out quite often and darts around my screen in live mode, build/buy, neighborhood view. It's quite ridiculous to be frank. I love that it's the same game, but come on. Please fix these glitches.

Yep - same on XBox. My Sims frequently stand in front of the refrigerator for 45 minutes and sometimes even have an accident right there when nothing is queued to divert them from taking care of business! Meanwhile, the clock keeps ticking and off to work they go, dirty and miserable. Ridiculous to release a game with so many problems.
  • XS_darkangel226XS_darkangel226 Posts: 8 New Member
    My Sims 4 on ps4 keeps locking up. I've built the same house 4 times you have to save every two seconds. I just turned it off.
  • AkumadanAkumadan Posts: 19 New Member
    > @Dexter_XBA said:
    > Hi there, I'm so happy that you've released TS4 on Xbox One :). Back in the day I fell in love with TS3 and TS3 Pets on Xbox 360 and I'm really grateful that we console players aren't left behind. So far I'm really enjoying TS4, the CAS mode has so many options and the live mode feels much more extensive compared to previous versions. Right now I'm pursuing a gardening career - that's my favorite hobby in The Sims games. I still have a few wishes / requests / feedback to TS4 on console:
    >
    >
    > - I really miss the gallery from the PC version. Perhaps it can be added for consoles as well?
    > - I hope that seasonal challenges (such as SimPlant challenge) are also planned for console.
    > - Please make exclusive DLCs available on consoles as well such as Plumbob Lamp Rewards and P.R.I.M.A. 3000 PC
    > - I noticed that the Ultra Lighting Patch from PC isn't available on Xbox. It'd make the game look much better.
    > - In general the graphics aren't as good as on PC. I'd love to see improved texture quality (too blurry compared to PC version), improved anti-aliasing and improved performance (e.g. it takes much longer to switch from build to live mode compared to PC version)
    > - If the graphical requests aren't feasible with the regular console hardware you might consider making the game Xbox One X enhanced. 4k resolution would make the game look much better.
    > - Please add an option to increase menu icons and fonts (hard to read if you're not sitting directly in front of TV)
    > - Please improve the controls. First of all we need hotkeys (i.e. pressing the view button longer changes the rest of the controls to hotkey mode -> that way we can access things quicker, switch between live and build mode faster, etc.). Second the cursor mode needs to be overhauled, it's too imprecise. I think the controls for TS3 and TS3 Pets on Xbox 360 were better. Third: Explain the controls when we need them. For example I just found out by accident that you could sell items from your inventory by pressing Y+X at the same time. Or that you could drag and drop items in live mode by pressing X. I often press the LS button which is supposed to explain the controls to me but it isn't context-sensitive enough IMO. When I have the inventory open it should show me the controls for the inventory, etc.
    > - Please allow us to rotate objects 360° (not only 45° steps)
    > - Please add achievements for DLC expansions
    >
    > Thanks for taking the time to read my feedback!
    >

Yeh when it comes to console exclusive DLC i think it would be best to have exclusive character costumes for example on Xbox having Master Chief as sn outfit or on PS4 you can have Nathan Drake outfit or Persona 5 school outfits even having your kid dress up as King Evan from Ni No Kuni 2 but i would like that to go under 'free stuff' as we all know if we had the PC version we could just mod those in for free.

Onto performance though has anyone noticed your sims will freeze when speeding up and sowing time even though time is still progressing? Also i want there to be info on a task for example if i paint a portrait i wanna hover over it and see it has X amount of time until completion aswell as having more UI options to have it more like classic sims where my needs are visable than having to keep going into needs itself.
  • AkumadanAkumadan Posts: 19 New Member
    I would say a lot of games do big overhaul patches to improve its design like The Witcher 3 completely changing its UI interface and it was for the better, or Warframe completely overhauling its locomotion mechanics, i think Sims 4 is in need of some TLC like that to make it better as time goes on as i have also an issue with build mode, you cannot 'or at least i haven't figured out' how to demolish an entire wall you have to do it tile by tile.
  • bleedin9mascarableedin9mascara Posts: 100 Member
    Dexter_XBA wrote: »
    - Please add achievements for DLC expansions

THIS!

This has been my biggest complaint about the Sims 4 on the console. I own the Sims for the PC (and would like achievements) but it's not important to me like it is on my Xbox and PS4. In order for me to pay for the Sims 4 EPs/SPs/GPs again, there needs to be achievements/trophies for DLC.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

THIS!

This has been my biggest complaint about the Sims 4 on the console. I own the Sims for the PC (and would like achievements) but it's not important to me like it is on my Xbox and PS4. In order for me to pay for the Sims 4 EPs/SPs/GPs again, there needs to be achievements/trophies for DLC.
    But you can actually cheat achievements on the PC. Most of the DLC achievements aren't worth getting to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • G0rge0usG0rge0us Posts: 1 New Member
    What happen to vintage glamour on Xbox one? It says the content have been remove, why?
    G0rge0us wrote: »
    What happen to vintage glamour on Xbox one? It says the content have been remove, why?
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/the-sims-4-vintage-glamour-stuff/c18w2xd7t73k
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Tampa813Tampa813 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have sims 4 deluxe party edition on ps4 and I'm happy they finally put it on console but the controls were better on PS3 version they over did it trying to make it the same as the pc version they have to remember we are using a controller not a keyboard and mouse and why when my sims coom there is no leftover option there is so much wrong with this game please fix it
  • bleedin9mascarableedin9mascara Posts: 100 Member

THIS!

But you can actually cheat achievements on the PC. Most of the DLC achievements aren't worth getting to.

With all due respect, this is a feedback forum and I do not care if others cheat for their PC achievements or not, I enjoyed them on the Sims 3. However, with that said, I did mention that I don't care for them on PC as much I do on my Xbox and PS4. As any true console gamer knows, Gamerscore IS important to us on our Xbox and now with Sony offering rewards to trade in our trophies, that's an even bigger incentive to collect trophies, especially when I'm paying for DLC that I already have.
    edited January 2018

THIS!

With all due respect, this is a feedback forum and I do not care if others cheat for their PC achievements or not, I enjoyed them on the Sims 3. However, with that said, I did mention that I don't care for them on PC as much I do on my Xbox and PS4. As any true console gamer knows, Gamerscore IS important to us on our Xbox and now with Sony offering rewards to trade in our trophies, that's an even bigger incentive to collect trophies, especially when I'm paying for DLC that I already have.
    Did I say I cheat I don't I only cheat in the PC when my sims kids have no money and they are trying to move out then I give them nice houses and money to live off of. In fact my family consisted of the mom making money painting to expand the house and give things to her children. Also it very easy to make money in TS4 so you really don't have to cheat and if the achievements were the same I would be ok trying for them again but they are exactly the same minus EP achievements that we don't have in the console version since we don't have every game ported over yet.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • icchigo13icchigo13 Posts: 5 New Member
    How do you open the taking photo option on the ps4? It keeps randomly open the camera to take a photo and it won't let me close it all the time it just gets stuck in camera mode and i lose hours of game play. Please help me
    Can we please get more game packs on console.
    I love Dine out but we done have enough and it takes so long for one to even get put on.
    [
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top