The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims 2 fans prefer sims 3 or sims 4?

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hey! Thank u for all that helped me here. I solved the issue. It was cc. They were dark blue furniture. Are those cc that will crash my game, cuz after I deleted them i had no problems anymore

Not all furniture will crash the game. I say you just got a bad download. Glad you have the game working again!
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I haven't played TS3 yet. I plan to test it out sometime in the future, but I know I won't be able to do households with heavily interconnected stories in that game due to story progression, so that's definitely going to be a single household, aging off kind of affair.

TS4 has some good to it, way better vampires than TS2, CAS is really good (I especially love the fact that I can give my sims all kinds of body shapes instead of just picking between fit and fat like TS2), it's easier to edit buildings in build mode than in TS2, Toddlers in TS4 are miles and miles better than TS2 Toddlers, no more overzealous social worker telling me I can't have latchkey kids...but, the overload of "Happy" moodlets from the environment and several other AI quirks (every sim is overly social, even the ones with the Loner trait, for instance) make all of the sims behave too similarly, negative emotions are inconsequential, careers and aspirations are too easy, making money from work-at-home sources is so overpowered that your sims don't even need a career, and this game can't decide whether it wants TS2's player-as-almighty-deity rotational gameplay or TS3's inactive-households-play-themselves ant farm gameplay. There's a good game underneath there somewhere, but it's mostly a disorganized mess because the devs and executives can't agree on what TS4 is supposed to be. As a result, TS2 (a game that can run with no issues at all on hardware that would now be considered a toaster with all expansions, even the resource gluttons, "Seasons" and "Pets") is able to do more and be more in terms of gameplay depth. Not a good hardware requirements to game quality bump at all... :(

So, TS2 remains the best game in the series, in my opinion, even if TS4 has a few improvements that make playing with families more fun and make building a little easier, and I can't make a clear comparison between TS3 and TS4 just yet...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Hey! Thank u for all that helped me here. I solved the issue. It was cc. They were dark blue furniture. Are those cc that will crash my game, cuz after I deleted them i had no problems anymore

Not all furniture will crash the game. I say you just got a bad download. Glad you have the game working again!

To be more specific: it is most likely from your "blue furniture" problem that you managed to download something that didn't have a proper texture reference, and your computer shut the game down due to either using too much CPU looking for that texture, or your graphics card getting too hot. Nothing in your game should be damaged from the furniture, or from removing it, assuming that it didn't come with any custom animations, memories, or interactions (usually only hacked objects have these.)

Many sites that have had server crashes (like MTS) have a few downloads still poking around that don't contain the full files. Usually you can tell when you unzip or use winrar because there should be a package file for SimPE and other "recolor" files in the package.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    You know I'm just not gonna risk it with downloading houses anymore. I can download perfectly safe furniture from lana cc finds and I honestly enjoy building stuff myseld and I quite like the in-game furniture (apart from the beds, they're kinda wierd). I also went thru all my clothing and such in cas since when I go shopping and buy a lot of clothing my game crashes. But buying like 10 clothing pieces at a time seems to be ok. Also preforming a money cheat while going to the counter crashes me. But that's ok with me. Also while I'm at it, I feel like you loose your relationship with your pet very quick, like if you have 100 relationship and don't interact with your pet for 1 day you'll have dropped to 30, and I hate that a lot.
  • NikkiKaur15NikkiKaur15 Posts: 477 Member
    I love Playing the sims 2 and its my all time favorite but i have to say sims 3 always crashes my laptop and the sims 4 dosnt with mods and cc and sims 2 dosnt crash either lol so thos 2 for now :smile:
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    YES. I am a fan of the whole series right from The sims 1 and The sims Medieval (which I still play), and I prefer Sims 4 over the older versions.
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I've enjoyed TS2, TS3, and TS4 (although I just got into TS4). TS2 was the Sims game that got me hooked, although I haven't played it in several years. I currently don't have a computer that I can play it on, other than my boyfriend's. I think each of the games has pros and cons. I like TS4 because it loads a lot faster, and I prefer the appearance of the Sims in TS4 over TS3. I hated TS3 Sims when it was first released, and it took forever to get used to them. I liked the open world of TS3, but I hated the rabbit holes. Over all, I prefer the semi-open world of TS4 because it makes for faster loading screens and less lag. I always would have lag when I first opened a family in TS3, and it was annoying.

Even though I've been playing it for less time, I think I like TS4 better than TS3 for the reasons stated.
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    For me it's TS2 = TS3 > TS1 > TS4
    I find TS2 better for rotational play while TS3's open world and wish system make it better suited for playing one family at a time.
    As for TS1 Makin' magic is alright and I played the TS4 as it's available on Origin gametime but the emotions system gave me the bored emotion
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    For me, it is also TS2 = TS3 > TS1 > TS4; though they aren't that far behind each other.

All four games are fun. Sims 1 isn't equal to TS2 or TS3 because I love the genetics aspect the best and there's no genetics in Sims 1. Sims 4 is just missing something that I can't put my finger on. It's a fun game and I'll play for hours when I play, but I rarely have urges to play it like I did for Sims 2 and Sims 3.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    After all these years, Sims 2 is still my favorite, and unless they make a Sims 5 with the open sandbox and gameplay without restrictions it will always be my favorite. I'm probably what you'd call a "dollhouser" so the Sims 2 fits what I prefer for my gameplay. I like to rotate through different families, and play ALL of them through multiple generations. I can easily see their emotions in how they react to situations and interact with other sims. I don't need some silly toolbar that rapidly cycles through all the emotions. The genetics are incredible. I love seeing how a facial feature passes down through the generations. I love how they have memories, and that those memories will affect how they interact with others for a long time, sometimes their whole lives. I can have a wide variety of lots in my worlds, residential and commercial. I can place them just about where ever I want. I rarely have to worry about running out of room.

Sims 3 is fun, but it seems to be a bit restrictive for when I want to play a different family in the same save. It's possible, just a bit more hoop-jumping. So I'll play Sims 3 when I'm in the mood to stick with one family, because I like the other features. The worlds are gorgeous, and all the different things I can do in the game are a lot of fun. One thing I wish we could nerf entirely is the reputation system, or at least tailor it to our needs. If my non-committal sims are involved with other non-committal sims, there should be no hit to their reputation.

Sims 4 I have had a love/hate relationship with, and lately I've become apathetic about it. They got on my bad side from day one with the excuses about leaving out toddlers, and the shabby treatment family play gamers were subjected to. It's great that they finally gave us toddlers, and they're extremely well done. By far they are my favorite age in Sims 4 because of how much detail they have. But I feel like they let too much time go on before toddlers were released, and the way family play gamers were treated was quite unacceptable at times. It was really appalling and it has tainted how I feel about Sims 4. There are things I like about the game. The toddlers, they really blew me away. So much detail. I don't mind the art style or graphics, I'm ok with it. Since I am primarily a Sims 2 player, I don't mind the loading screens. I'd just be a lot happier if those loading screens allowed us to have Sims 2 sized worlds and populations. I like the club feature, except for some minor complaints I think it's well done. But otherwise, I don't feel like I "rule" in this game like we're supposed to. I think an off-hand comment by a guru hit it the nail on the head for me. He made a remark about how they wanted us "to play the stories we want you to play" or something like that. I'm not interested in their stories, I want to play my own. And since Sims 4 restricts my creativity, I tend to play it only once in a great while. The "nope, you cannot do that" and the checkbox grind make me frustrated quickly and I quit.

Since I finally have a few days off, I've been thinking about what I want to play. Do I want to check out the dogs & cats more in Sims 4, or play out a story in my head in Sims 2? I have a feeling I'll end up spending the weekend on Sims 2. It's the one that keeps my interest.
  • ItsFioItsFio Posts: 27 Member
    Sims 2 was epic! My favorite is sims 3 though. For many many reasons. Sims 4 has less glitches but other then that, sims 3 is better. Sims 3 has a lot more freedom and things to do imo.
  • cristy9666cristy9666 Posts: 35 Member
    I love the sims 2. If I had to choose a favorite, it would be ts2, only because ts3 has so many issues. As for ts3 vs ts4? At this point I would say ts3. I really don't see ts4 getting any better. The thing with ts4 is, I can only play it short amounts of time before getting bored. Not like the other games. I'm not sure why that is, maybe when we get more expansions it will be more entertaining for me.
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 2 is my favorite. I've played the absolute death out of it. If they grabbed TS2 and updated graphics and added an open-world, or semi-open, and just made some simple general improvements, it would lead by FAAAAAAAAAAR.

I held off of playing TS3 until this year actually, because before I didn't trust it, since I thought it was a cash-cow for ''The Sims 3 store'' to exist to such ridiculous prices. and if only it wasn't so incredibly buggy it would be close to tied with TS2, because I loved it! (Except the graphics of the sims themselves) But it's ridiculous because I have a very high-end PC and it still lags and can't do anything :'( also it's very small but why just why did they have to teleport into the cars????

Sims 4. I say buy it! Buy it so you can get that sweet satisfaction of spitting and burning the disk whilst punching EA's cash-cow company right in the face! And then get a re-fund. You'll have to be quick though since EA probably doesn't even have re-fund warranties.
    23rif7.gif
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    Homestly, ts3 is a masterpiece, it has it all you could ever want, and with a bit of cc skin your sims look perfect. I just hate the lag. But that is to be expected cuz the amount of programming needed to make that game is enormous. Honestly if we want a better sims, we could only have a ts3 kinda game with better sim looks and the option to choose the gameplay(rotational or not, which u have modsfor in ts3). I'm sure future pcs will be way stronger and will handle ts3 perfectly(maybe we would have the graphics problem stuff like in ts2???). But a potential sims 5 better than all would need a very high-enduring pc. I understand why they came back to the closed world aspect in ts4, cuz less pixels at once, less lag so yea but the lack of lots in a world is meh. So yeah.
  • Mango23Mango23 Posts: 19 Member
    I honestly prefer The Sims 2 more than any other Sims game in the whole Sims series. You make a good point though, we can't judge The Sims 4 too harshly based on how the other Sims games were, because it's still not finished.
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    For me, TS2 is the best out of the whole series. I have been playing it on and off since it was originally released. I have all the EP's and SP's and I have tons of CC. If I had to choose out of TS3 and TS4 I would pick TS4. TS3 was just too buggy for me and I am not a fan of the open world. TS4 seems a little more stable and it seems easier to navigate around. I do own the entire series and I play TS1 and TS2 more then TS3 and TS4. In fact, I think I have only played TS4 about 50 game hours. I seem to get bored with it and I just stop playing it.
  • chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    I actively play all three, (Sims 1 doesn't count for me - I just couldn't do it) and there are things I love about all three games, but TS2 will always have a soft spot in my heart as it was my first sims-game love. I speak simlish to my kids and we all crack up.
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    Sims 3 is more fun only base game you can buy content in the store and get a free world riverview and basegame sims 3 doesnt lag much,sims 3 is funner but it lags after 2 expansions,
    Sims 4 is getting better with cats and dogs its improving but base game is boring if you dont use cc and mods.
    Sims 3- for me i dont need cc and mods for playable base game
    Sims 4-you need mods and cc to have more fub if you only have base game in 4.
  • xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    I like how easy it is to build in Sims 4.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I play all sims 2, 3 and 4 but 2 and 4 are my favs.

Sims 3 is fun and brass mods make the game way better. Unfortunately the sims look to samey to me (especially the children) and without CC skin sims look ugly. Also I don't like how many of the activities are for single sims (group activities are harder to do). Finally meals in the game were to quick and you couldn't have family meals or dates with food.

Sims 4 is like marinated chicken. It started off bland and broken but as more content was added it gained its flavor (and became fun). I love how easy it is to get groups to do things with clubs, and sims themselves look great. I also love the toddlers, restaurants and the family play thanks to parenthood. The community seems very lively and active (especially with clubs) and my command center helps keep the game fun with a sense of story progression. The one thing that bugs me though is that despite the improved meals, sims have ants in their pants and never seem to stay seated when I want them. Also until recently, there was some serious lag.

Sims 2 is my favorite game out of the 3. While I prefer the liveliness of the sims 4, sims 2 sims had great personality. They reacted to situations and things around them, and even when they were doing heir own thing, they would always listen to your commands without hassle. Meals and dates were great because sims would actually sit and eat while still taking time to talk or do table interactions, and from the start, each age group felt complete. The game was also very customizable allowing your sims to listen to custom music (without problems), watch custom videos on the tv or paint custom pictures. The biggest problem with the game is probably the difficulty in editing sims once they are made (I.e many aspects can't be changed without using simple). I love being able to I edit skin coloring eye color, eye color or more in game if I made a mistake with a sim or want to change a townie up like in the sims 2 or sims 4. I also dislike that townies clothes can't easily be changed. Still though it is a great game overall.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • CallingMidnightBackCallingMidnightBack Posts: 3 New Member
    As a long time Sims 2 simmer, I'd say Sims 3 is way better than 4.
    While 4 had the best sim designs, it wasn't as engaging as Sims 3 and honestly it never improved too much on the franchise.
    Also, open world FTW
  • SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    I would have to choose Sims 3, because it is my second favorite iteration of the game. I gave up on waiting for a true sequel to Sims 2. It seems like Sims 2 was the only iteration of the game that added new interactions and gameplay without getting rid of old ones. I still love the Sims 3, but I wish the sims were more like the sims from Sims 2.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    So far I've only played Sims 2 and 4. I only got into the series in 2014 when The Sims 2 was given for free, so it just so happened that I skipped 3.

I love the art style of the Sims 4. The CAS and interior design are also really great. I think it's a little unfair to judge when the Sims 4 is still having packs released. I definitely want to try the Sims 3. It looks like it can really suck you in, and the open world adds to the immersion a lot.
  • j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    I loved Sims 2 and when Sims 3 came out I really liked it but I missed Sims 2. I went and reinstalled Sims 2 and then realized Sims 3 was better. Lol I also really enjoy Sims 4. So for me, I've been satisfied with each version. I could never go back to Sims 3 or 2.
  • hannahdesney_hannahdesney_ Posts: 21 Member
    TS2 is definitely my favorite. I really liked TS2 University. I really miss playing TS1 Makin' Magic. That was the most out-of-the-box expansion I've ever played. I skipped TS3 all together and played TS4 next. I really like TS4's graphics. I downloaded TS3 after playing TS4 obsessively for months. The shoddy graphics in TS3 really killed it for me. I wasn't able to get past that one thing and haven't played since.