Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scaling up objects [FIXED] we can now scale down!!!

rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
[FIXED]. We can now scale down objects!!

Comments

• blat_b00mblat_b00m Posts: 4 New Member
    It quit working for me on Xbox after this latest patch. You still do it the same way?
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    They have hidden it behind moveobjects on. Doesnt using that disable trophies?
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    blat_b00m wrote: »
    It quit working for me on Xbox after this latest patch. You still do it the same way?
    Instead of the up and down on the d pad it’s the left and right on the d pad for Xbox.
    Unfortunately yes. It does. I really wanted to get achievements but now that I’ve used cheats in my save it won’t be possible unless i start a new game. Ugh..
  • blat_b00mblat_b00m Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks for the info everyone!
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Unfortunately yes. It does. I really wanted to get achievements but now that I’ve used cheats in my save it won’t be possible unless i start a new game. Ugh..

Im not sure bb.moveobjects on does, i used it the other day and didnt get a warning about trophies being disabled.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I think the onky way to turn off the console achievements is by typing in testingcheats true. I know on PC some cheats do not need that before typing in the cheats though it may be different for console.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Testingcheats true is how you disable trophies. Cheats like bb.moveobjects and bb.enablefreebuild don't require it and won't disable trophies.
    floralney wrote: »
    Testingcheats true is how you disable trophies. Cheats like bb.moveobjects and bb.enablefreebuild don't require it and won't disable trophies.
    Really? I wish i knew that before hand! :neutral: i haven’t used a single money cheat in my save. I thought testing cheats needed to be activated... i disabled trophies for no reason...
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    So, that means the Money x cheat won't disable trophies?
    JPNeko wrote: »
    So, that means the Money x cheat won't disable trophies?

Motherload can only be used if testing cheats are on which disables trophies/achievements
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @rekandtrs said:
    > JPNeko wrote: »
    >
    > So, that means the Money x cheat won't disable trophies?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Motherload can only be used if testing cheats are on which disables trophies/achievements

That's too bad! I wanted to increase a household's funds so that they can have a bigger place, but I don't want to disable trophies.
  • Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    > @rekandtrs said:
    > floralney wrote: »
    >
    > Testingcheats true is how you disable trophies. Cheats like bb.moveobjects and bb.enablefreebuild don't require it and won't disable trophies.
    >
    >
    >
    > Really? I wish i knew that before hand! :neutral: i haven’t used a single money cheat in my save. I thought testing cheats needed to be activated... i disabled trophies for no reason...

i had to put cheats on to move objects, i couldnt do it without
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    @Lady_LuSsh01 You should be able to turn on bb.moveobjects. If you couldn't, it would say you have to turn on testingcheats, and it shouldn't say that for bb.moveobjects.
  • Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    > @floralney said:
    > @Lady_LuSsh01 You should be able to turn on bb.moveobjects. If you couldn't, it would say you have to turn on testingcheats, and it shouldn't say that for bb.moveobjects.

Thanks but for some reason i had to use cheats.
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I did not need to open the cheat window in order to enlarge or shrink objects in my PS4 game. Hold down L2 and R2 while object is being held, then use direction buttons.
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    > @sooozeeebeee said:
    > I did not need to open the cheat window in order to enlarge or shrink objects in my PS4 game. Hold down L2 and R2 while object is being held, then use direction buttons.

Huh. Will test later on XBox. Kudos for tip if it works.
    Will update ( unless someone else does first; then I'll do it anyway :D ).
    Im obsessed with scaling objects down. Especially plants and hedges.
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    edited January 2018
    Is anyone having issues when they scale objects down, namely rugs and paintings? Whenever I try scaling down big rugs, the game won't let me place them, it keeps saying they're intersecting with the walls when they're not. With paintings, I tried scaling down a large one and it wouldn't let me bring it up higher on the wall, just stayed towards the floor, and the game kept telling me the wall height wasn't correct for what I was trying to do :/
    Post edited by PolluxSims on
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
    edited January 2018
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues when they scale objects down, namely rugs and paintings? Whenever I try scaling down big rugs, the game won't let me place them, it keeps saying they're intersecting with the walls when they're not. With paintings, I tried scaling down a large one and it wouldn't let me bring it up higher on the wall, just stayed towards the floor, and the game kept telling me the wall height wasn't Corr for what I was trying to do :/
    You have to have bb.moveobjects on to place the scaled down objects. :smile:

• PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Is anyone having issues when they scale objects down, namely rugs and paintings? Whenever I try scaling down big rugs, the game won't let me place them, it keeps saying they're intersecting with the walls when they're not. With paintings, I tried scaling down a large one and it wouldn't let me bring it up higher on the wall, just stayed towards the floor, and the game kept telling me the wall height wasn't Corr for what I was trying to do :/
    You have to have bb.moveobjects on to place the scaled down objects. :smile:

Oooh thank you, I'll definitely try that next time!
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Well its broken for me since I last updated and added the bundle and perfect t pattio and cool kitchen.
    It works fine when I just had the base game but no longer :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »
    Well its broken for me since I last updated and added the bundle and perfect t pattio and cool kitchen.
    i have all packs currently avail except vampire gp and scale is working fine with the RT & LT buttons with the d-pad left and right. Is it not the same for ps4?

• sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member

Even though the object is smaller it's footprint doesn't always change.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    i have all packs currently avail except vampire gp and scale is working fine with the RT & LT buttons with the d-pad left and right. Is it not the same for ps4?

I like to make rugs and paintings bigger. Because I do build a lot and create rooms. But as I said since I updated the option no longer works for me on PS4 Pro.

I mean all you have to do is get hold of the item and use the L and R buttons to change the size. I have tried so much but its jus not working since the last update.

Happy you and others get it to work but its by no means fixed for everybody.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon