Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Control issues

2...Next

Comments

• sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    @Rennie are you asking how to travel to the park or other lots? There is an option on the phone icon. Cycle through that menus til you find "travel", click on it, then select a lot in your neighborhood to go to. If you want to go to a different neighborhood or world there is an icon on the upper left on the screen that will open up your available selections. When your SIM is ready to go back home, just click on the little house that is in their icon picture.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited December 2017
    I’ve noticed since the last update that my controls on Xbox one are completely screwed. If I go to search objects by function and want to scroll up it takes me to the lot info and if I go into the mobile and scroll down it goes to the actions menu. My controls were working fine before this so it’s not user error.

I revise this, the controls are f**ked and the game is unplayable. Using the controls in normal gameplay sends the controls to the outside screen menu. In build mode you try and move up, it goes to the outside screen menu. I came out of the game and went back in and now the controls won’t come off the outside screen menu so I can’t even select a house! When are we going to see another patch?

I was having this issue today although yesterday I had no trouble. @EA_Mage and @SimGuruDrake a fix for the cursor is needed soon. Im playing on the xbox version. Essentially when i try to select objects in build/buy mode, my cursor goes haywire and jumps up to the lot info UI. I have to move really slow to select an object but sometimes it doesnt matter it will just fly around anyways.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Cursor-in-build-mode-is-out-of-control-xbox-one/m-p/6542647#M1309

I reported it but people need to go hit me too so the devs can fix this.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • NefNef Posts: 6 New Member
    I have been looking all day for answers. How the heck do you I use the paint brush for terrain on Xbox?! I've got some very messed up ground in my lot, and no way to fix it, beyond replacing my lot's grass with concrete from the floor tiles menu...
  • HotButteredPopcornHotButteredPopcorn Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if this counts as a control issue or not, but I can't seem to be able to locate the Challenges and Achievements on the Xbox One console version of The Sims 4.

I've looked around for any sections that might have them, and I've tried to look up where they are through Google, and I just can't find them anywhere. Can someone please tell me how to access/see/read/find Achievements and Challenges?
  • mandalamama314mandalamama314 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rekandtrs said:
    >
    > That’s just my experience is switching back and forth from the Ui to the other that causes the problems with everything. Like placing a room or even just selecting different items from the styled room to place on your lot back and forth cause glitching. Even so much that the game froze and crashed. I dunno it may not help it but i just feel like going back and forth with the curser messes up a lot. We definitely need bug fixes of course. There’s no doubt about that.

Darn, I was hoping the glitching was just me getting used to the Xbox controller. It's very awkward and slow to keep having to hit B/back all the time. Luckily, the Xbox is my first Sims 4 experience so I'm not as frustrated as those who went to TS4 console from PC. (I have all versions of TS on PC, but luckily for me, Sims 4 by itself adds enough new/different things to make up for it being on console only.)
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    The UI compatibility is definitely a nightmare right now. Twice in one game day (and at least five times now overall) the cursor attaches itself to things like the collections/needs/or when you are trying to do things like move a dish around, or tell a Sim to take a shower. It results in weird miscues as well. Trying to switch Sims in nigh impossible at that point, and you end up doing things like fast-forwarding without hitting the shoulder buttons.

The controls for a console version were something you could figure out easy enough coming someone who played Sims 1 and 3 on PC, but it's tough utilizing them when they do not function adequately.
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Not sure if this counts as a control issue or not, but I can't seem to be able to locate the Challenges and Achievements on the Xbox One console version of The Sims 4.

I've looked around for any sections that might have them, and I've tried to look up where they are through Google, and I just can't find them anywhere. Can someone please tell me how to access/see/read/find Achievements and Challenges?

For my PS4 game I clicked on the trophies under the "what's new" on the console main menus and it showed all the trophies and achievements.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2018
    Rennie wrote: »
    Thank you marcel21, and I will go see the steps you named. I don't know if my ps4 is a pro, or not.

Hope it helps.
    I have found it its getting better the more I use the joypad.

The option button and the others must do what it does on pro the same on original ps4.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• DiscoPotatoesDiscoPotatoes Posts: 1 New Member
    I can’t choose any of the paint sizes, brushes, or shapes, in terrain paint on my Xbox one. Please, someone help, I don’t wanna keep using a big circle for everything!