Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Oh wow beautiful work FidgetyAtom, heading in to see your pics now.

Thanks! hope you liked it.

I did, you did a wonderful job!
  • hellbunny123hellbunny123 Posts: 52 Member
    Super excited about getting involved with challenges this year, that's one of my new years resolutions :smiley:
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Super excited about getting involved with challenges this year, that's one of my new years resolutions :smiley:

Welcome to Build n Share @hellbunny123 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • hellbunny123hellbunny123 Posts: 52 Member

Welcome to Build n Share @hellbunny123 :)

Thank you!
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member

Looking forward to seeing your builds! Welcome :smile:
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    edited January 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #85: Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Xraygrl2004
    ORIGIN ID: Xraygrl2004
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F7FE3789F19511E78F589154F725A001
    LOT COST: $8500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point - Newcrest
    BUILD COST: $309,104
    TOTAL COST: $317,604
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/4b2j9
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the Watering Can Flowers as my inspiration object. I took this as a Country/Farmhouse Style and tried to reflect that throughout my build. Here's my backstory: When farmgirl Paisley married Real Estate Developer Andrew, the only way to take the girl away from the farm was to promise the perfect farmhouse closer to the city. That promise became a reality when Paisley's mom, Marianne, moved in with them to help raise twins, Noah and Anastasia. So that Marianne still had her independence, but was within close proximity to help with the kids, Andrew added a Mother-in-Law Apartment to the house. Now Marianne can work on achieving her Perfect Garden, Paisley can focus on her culinary career, the twins are elated to have Grandma around and Andrew can still do buisness deals AND not have his mother-in-law underfoot all the time.
    *Notes* Some walls were left bare so that family pictures, paintings and the kids' artwork could be displayed. :smile:
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A - no CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    xska9sx.png
    eGfmPIB.png
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @BuildnShare Just want to double check one more thing- lol. Can we place the "dormer" objects from the catalog on the roof? Thanks!
    @BuildnShare Just want to double check one more thing- lol. Can we place the "dormer" objects from the catalog on the roof? Thanks!

@JasonAnthonySterling - yes, you may.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    @Pallystyle what a beautiful strange garden and very creative to do a garden lab. Love your kids rooms. :smiley:

@Xraygirl3 very nice countrystyled home. I like the angled kitchen counters, great idea for an open floor plan :smile:
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Thank you all for the congrats on the Maxi Fav!! I'm sorry I am late in responding, been out of town a few days. Nice surprise to get a Maxi's :)
    Huge congrats to @FidgetyAtom as well!!!

@BuildnShare Thanks!
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    So, would you guys have any idea why one of my walls/windows have decided to all of a sudden turn black? Is it cursed? :open_mouth:

HLn8dvB.png?1
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare Happy New Year to all the staff of this challenge and all simmers, thanks for all the stories and feedback :# BTW I did not know what a midcentury house was until I did one challenge here :D I remember this because I still use that house in my game ;)
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @Laebeth I'm not sure but it could be because the game doesn't recognize that area as a room. I know that will change the lighting.
    emere wrote: »
    Hi @BuildnShare Happy New Year to all the staff of this challenge and all simmers, thanks for all the stories and feedback :# BTW I did not know what a midcentury house was until I did one challenge here :D I remember this because I still use that house in my game ;)

LOL Same for me actually Emere! Too funny. I don't use it though, doesn't fit well into my neighborhood.
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @Laebeth...house fire? Listening to too much Emo music? Maybe it's possessed?
    I'm thinking it probably is a lighting problem and just needs a light on the wall. If that doesn't work you might try going to another lot and coming back. If that doesn't work eep... I'm out of suggestions.
    Laebeth wrote: »
    So, would you guys have any idea why one of my walls/windows have decided to all of a sudden turn black? Is it cursed? :open_mouth:

HLn8dvB.png?1

@Laebeth - delete the window and the wall, replace, with the 'b' button. It's worked for me in the past...
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @FidgetyAtom Hi! You have a lovely home- I've been sharing the entries through my Twitter account and I noticed that your's is tagged "CC" in the Gallery. This mean almost NO ONE will ever see it as it can only be searched for while in game and you have to specifically select the "Include Custom Content" button in the community search panel under "Advanced" which NO ONE ever does- lol. That's is a shame because it's very well done. I downloaded the build and immediately identified a "Paint From Reference" painting of maybe Willow Creek park in the "Master Bedroom" with the cat condo in it. Whenever you upload any paintings that have been done "Paint From Reference" or any photos taken by your sims then the Game flags it as "CC". It's done this for as long as I can remember and it's very frustrating. Personally I'd swap out the painting (and any other "paint from reference" or sim taken photos in the build and re-upload the build. It really is too good to be wasted. Anyway, since you were unsure of what was taking place I thought I'd let you know- HAPPY SIMMING!
    @FidgetyAtom BTW I'll hold off sharing your build to give you a chance to read the above and re-upload if you'd like. I have no problem sharing a build flagged "CC" and will do so if you want to leave it as is but just in case I'll wait a bit.
    edited January 2018
    @JasonAnthonySterling You are right that the "pain by reference" option is very dodgy. I can speak to that as I have used it quite extensively lately when creating rooms for contests and challenges. I find it's often a problem with a particular save game, and the problem can be fixed if one wishes.

You can open a new save game and test if it works by moving in your painter sim, putting him on a lot with an easel, doing a paint by reference and putting it in a room. Go to the gallery to upload and see if it's tagged as CC. If it is, repeat the process. Last time I did this it was the second or third save where it finally didn't upload as CC. I still use that save game now, and it still doesn't flag it (I test every time I wanna use it now).

So just letting you know that there is a possibility of fixing it @FidgetyAtom if you really want to keep those paintings. It's just not fun having to move everything and doing the pictures all over again.

Note: Old photos or paintings taken in a "broken" save game, will still tag as CC if you put them in a room/build in a "clean" save game that works. I have tested that too. So you will have to do the paintings again.

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• zonbinzonbin Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you
    @mannanna and @Ainsleyf Thank you for the suggestions! I am not sure what the deal is, currently the wall is back to 'normal'. It may have been me going out to the world and back in, but not sure. We'll see how long it lasts... hehe. I've had other places possessed for periods too :neutral:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

@Laebeth Thanks for the suggestion for fixing the "paint by reference" problem! There have been some builds that I would go through the trouble to do what you suggested because I really wanted the paintings in the build. That's really great information. Thanks again!
    OMG @JasonAnthonySterling !! Thank you so much!! I was googling so much to find out why it was labeling it CC! Thank you thank you, I will swap that out asap xD Yay!! Also, ty so much for your compliments :smile:

And thank you for the suggestions @Laebeth !
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    Whew! I'm so excited now, thanks again JasonAnthonySterling! I couldn't find out why it said that it was modded. All fixed!

DS9O7jxV4AASs-5.jpg
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top